It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want your apocalyptic dreams

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I'd like to start this thread where people can share their nightmares.
I mean dreams of apocalyptic nature : fire, storms, end of the world kind of dreams, the vivid ones that stay on your mind all day long,
but not the common 'monsters under the bed' nightmares.

It's not the intention to start interpreting these here with dream symbolism or to see them as prophetic visions, although it would be interesting to see if there are similarities in the dreams during certain time frames or after/before certain events.

I'd like everyone to add the date of the dream and also a little bit of what you think may have triggered it (if you know).

So let's start with the dreams from the last month and keep them coming!

edit to add : that I won't be replying on every dream posted here, unless in U2U, since it probably will be to many. I do star when I've read them.
Thanks to all for contributing to this thread

[edit on 26/10/2009 by GypsK]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I don't often have nightmares. Anyway, lately I've had two that bothered me a lot.

1, I am walking down the street, through large buildings, with someone (I dont know who) when all of a sudden I look behind me and there are two missiles racing down the street and I *know* that they are about to blow something up and that I am going to die.

2. I am in my house when houses outside start randomly catching on fire/blowing up. I look up and there are missiles hovering in the air. I suddenly *know* that they are randomly blowing up people's houses. Then a couple people run into my house and steal my survival gear. I hit the road after that, trying to dodge the random explosions.

/shrug

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Last night (oct 25-26)
I was sitting in an unknown room with my husband and child, I think it was a bar, lot's of strangers there. We where watching the tv news. Not sure of the date but the news covered a prediction that was going to happen somewhere that evening. (not sure which one)
It showed a satelite image of the entire world, if something would happen it would show up on the image.
A lot of people where joking around how nothing was going to happen.
Then a red dot appeared on the satelite image in the center of North America, slowly it became a circle. It became visible flames.
A lady on the news yelled 'omg it happened it happened!'. A guy sitting next to me said 'how could they have know this thousends of years ago?'.
We sat there and we knew there was no running from this, this was the end. So me, hubby and child went into anoter room, it was like a hotel room and we went to bed, taking our daughter in between us. I said 'let's go to sleep and get this over with'
then I woke up, quite disturbed...

Although I'm not sure about the nature of the event in my dream, I guess it was triggered by following the ats tread "timeframe oct 24-28" yesterday.

[edit on 26/10/2009 by GypsK]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The last apocolyptic dream I had :

I was riding in car driven by my husband, and I was talking to him about something insignificant when I noticed a large mushroom cloud exploding not far off on the horizon.

I had time to say "Hon, brace yourself" before the shockwave hit - and then it was much like that scene in Terminator 2, where Sarah Connor watches the playground reduced to ashes, before she herself is consumed by flames.

I literally felt the heat rise, and a brief sensation of being burned and reduced to ashes...it lasted about two to three seconds, hardly enough time to really register any real pain in my body.

Funny thing was, I don't recall any need to panic - just acceptance. Like I instinctively knew what to expect. I simply allowed myself the experience and my consciousness remained musing upon what had happened until I woke up.

That dream gave me food for thought for quite a while afterwards, that's for sure!

Hope that qualifies!
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

extra DIV
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This was not necessarily a nightmare, but it was apocalyptic.

It was from my childhood. One of the earliest and most vivid dreams I can ever remember. I couldn't have been older than 7 or 8, perhaps even younger.

The dream was very simple. It was a beautiful autumn day, with the trees in full color and wind rippling over the grass and the water of a a beautiful lake. Far at the end of the lake, so far I could barely see them, were people, people walking on the surface of the lake...walking on water. I knew it was impossible, but they were doing it.

Suddenly, I heard/felt a deep, infinitely calm and wise voice issue forth: "It is autumn. Soon, it will be winter." I didn't grasp what that meant, exactly, but I knew it had something to do with the fact that the people walking on the water wouldn't be able to do it much longer, because the seasons were changing. More precisely, something was coming to an end. The voice was telling me, warning me, that a beautiful autumn where miracles like walking on water were temporarily possible would soon be over.

Even at that age, I knew it wasn't about the changing of the seasons. The voice was so deep, so powerful. It was telling me that something more fundamental was changing, that a situation would change sometime in my life where an age of marvels would come to an end and be replaced by a darker, colder, fiercer time. It didn't frighten me; I felt benevolence and a sad, pitying, eternal kindness in the voice. It was warning me that the world as I knew it would change drastically within my lifetime, and to be vigilant and prepared as I grew older.

That dream has haunted me my whole life.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Apocalyptic? Not lately. Had the "I'm standing in a field, my backyard in the country, and I see an A-bomb mushroom cloud and a blastwave coming, and then wake up" sort of dream when I was like in 5th or 6th grade.

Most of my dreams I am questioning things and trying to find answers, or fighting some unfair, restrictive force. (usually evil people) Lately I've been travelling to other planets in my sleep I guess, because in one dream, I apparently realized that I am a commander of a starship. And that I get to go wherever I want when I sleep.

I may or may not have a dream or two a month that gives some sort of message about something I did not know, like, how family or friends are doing, with varying detail, BUT - I'm just not having apocalyptic type dreams. I'm too concerned with my own wellness of mind to think that knowing about something bigger than myself that cannot be stopped by myself, is necessary to know. Besides, wouldn't more persons having apocalyptic type dreams be more or less calling apocalyptic circumstances to the subconscious to consider for reality? That's not a great thing there either.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I have many dreams that I tell my wife but we usually figure them to just be dreams. Whatever, you know?

These two are the most notable that I can think of at the moment.

I'm sorry, the first one is 2 years old.

I was being talked to inside my head. The voices were very loud. Everything was made of either invisible solids or incredibly reflective solids. The sun was out, but I couldn't find the sun. The sky was blue, or what part of it I could see. I didn't get much of a look at the ground. There were HUMONGOUS advertisements that were scrolling like marquees across the sphere of the earth. None of the advertisements were for companies that I recognize. Interestingly enough, all graphics in my dream were completely thought up. One of the advertisements showed an image of the earth itself. You could see the moon in the background through these advertisements. These ads were very graphically enhanced, very smooth, very creative.

The next dream was a few days ago.

I've had many dreams over the years of leaping extremely high, "flying", being exceptionally-strong, etc. I never could control these dreams. I've had lucid dreams a lot in my life, but anytime I ever became lucid, I failed miserably in my control of what I did. I would reach for a cup and miss. I would not land probably from my high leaps. In one dream in particular, I impaled myself on the top of a building because I focused on that part of the building while I was falling from the sky. I never could gain control of any of these things. NEVER. I have always complained about it.

The other night, to my surprise, I was in the middle of a dream when I woke up in my dream. Who knows what I was doing. All I know is that my arm was outstretched and my hand was facing towards a magazine or a piece of rolled up cardboard. The danged thing flew right into my hand. I felt the shudders through my spine like, "Well, that's interesting." I wasted no time in levitating myself and flying through a crowd of people whose heads were effortlessly dodging my pass. I landed. I looked around. No one cared. On the inside I was extremely excited, but on the outside of my mind I was contemplating this sudden control. I never really believe in a good thing just happening all of a sudden, so I went straight to thinking that something was wrong. I felt more energy and physical power than I ever had before and the energy literally felt like nothingness. I didn't feel a surge or shudders or any tremors or anything of the sort except for through my excitement. The power itself literally felt exactly like weightlessness. I don't even know what weightlessness feels like, but that was it, because I felt no weight. No one around me cared. Everyone acted like I was a normal fact of life.

You might think these are not apocalyptic, but each of these things I have described are apocalyptic in the sense that if these things were reality, our current reality would have to undergo a series of apocalyptic events or thousands of years of trends.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

I mentioned this one a couple of days ago

posted on 17/10/2009
A few days ago I had a dream: I was in the car with my husband and we where stuck in a traffic jam. All of a sudden a huge 'blast wave' hit us, hit everyone (like the blast wave from a meteor strike, but this one went around the world). As soon as it hit us, our bodies fell from us. We where still standing, but our bodies where lying on the road. I felt overjoyed and yelled 'finally it happened', while my husband was panicking over his death body.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
The dream I had was very strange and I have no idea what triggered it.

We were walking in the streets in a city (dont know where) and all of a sudden a large object entered the atmosphere. It was extremely bright and I couldn't look directly at it.

It left a thick smoke trail and made a very loud crack as it appeared.

It crossed the sky above us in what seemed like 2 seconds and I ran to take cover under a bridge.

The object hit the earth and a MASSIVE earthquake started tearing through the city. I crawled into the corner of the bridge and held on to grass around me.

I heard people screaming as water, mud and other objects crashed through the city and past me. I got stuck as mud filled up all around me. I couldn't get out. I heard a voice saying something like ... "This is the end"

I woke up... thankfully.

It was horrible and was like NOTHING I have EVER seen before. It was extremely realistic.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Here's a thread I made on a dream I had...although now I think it was just a normal dream...A dream I think has meaning...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I dreamed I woke up to find that the hillside opposite has turned into a huge mountain of mud. There was a chasm between me and the hill and my house was wedged in a cliff face. I went out and saw water pouring out at the base of the mud.
Willing to accept this all could have been due to recent earthquake reports on the news. However, it was unusual in that elements of the dream are still with me 2 weeks later.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
It starts in a school field not far from where I live.
I am dressed in a white robe.
My friends and family are gather around me.
We all spot a HUGE tsunami coming at us from afar.
I tell them to trust me and that everything is going to be alright.
I awake before the wave crashes us.

I have had this dream many times over years.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I dreamt I was at my moms. I looked outside and there was all kinds of lawlessness, people getting beaten up, cars being set on fire, so I picked up the phone to call the police. However the mob outside saw what I was doing and came after us. We barricaded the doors and held on for dear life. Then all of a sudden there was a loud noise, mutiple explosions and the squealing of engines. The banging of the door stopped and I rushed back to the window to look... Outside came the loud noise of what sounded like a trumpet, and I could see ships comming into our atmosphere, thousands of them. We rushed outside. The ships looked like jellyfish with large tendrills in their wake. Some of the ships slowed down above us and their tendrills swept over us, leaving behind a lavinder garland on our shoulders, like a message of you are safe now.. Then a voice popped in my head "who comes first?" then the answer " the Antichrist!" I packed my stuff and ran!
Around me I could see nothing but blood knee deep, then I woke up..

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I've had a few of these dreams.

In one of them, I'm looking at the sky, it's quite cloudy, just before sun set. You can still see the sun through the clouds, but the clouds have taken the brightness off the edge of the sun, and you can see a large planet very clearly coming out behind it. I'm showing people, and they're in a half panic, half dissbelief state. I've had 3 dreams very simular to that.

In another one, I've dreamt that it was daylight throughout the night. I kept noticing it getting later and later, and it was still daylight. Nobody seemed to care all that much.

In another one, I'm in a town/city and a volcano errupts. Burning hot flecks of moultern rock coming out of the sky like rain. Everyone running for cover, mostly burning up.

That's it for now, I'll post more as and when I have them (and can remember)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I know everyone I care about is dead, I am walking barefoot down the road, 30 miles to the nearest city.

I am standing on a hill overlooking the city of Fresno CA, everything is burning or burned, faint screams can be heard.

FBI goons beating me up.(Seriously, those bastards scared me so bad that I have woken up from a dead sleep with a racing heart at the slightest bump in the night.)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Joel 2:28

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

A lot of people do not like the answers but I quoted this so that some might see sense in their dreams if they are apocalyptic to the point it disturbs them.

Lotta people saying "WAKE UP!" on this site and others these days. Many of them will wake you up to a big sleep

You are a sign of the times we live in if you are seeing things in your dreams that are apocalyptic.

Its up to each person if they want to ignore or not ignore it but after having certain experiences myself, I am only trying to help.

Personally speaking, listen to them because theres someone trying to get through to you. Sometimes literal interpretations of them will not make sense either.

Hypothetical example, if you dream of thousands of houses including your own sinking into sand, that doesnt necessarily mean that your home or anyone elses is going to sink into sand, it might be about you as a person and everyone else building your life on something that is an illusion etc.

Just trying to help.

Once you understand them, they will go away because you wont need them anymore.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
i've had many and like any other dreams, they don't make any sense once i'm awake. from nuclear to volcanoes, tornadoes to shadow chasing me for congee ( or was it porridge). i'll share the one that i remember most, as for the others, i don't remember as well.

this dream was very short. i was standing at a food stand eating those mexican chips and hot sauce, looked at the hill and mushroom cloud started to form in the distance. i was suddenly standing in the bank where i saw people i recognize only in that dream and looked out the window, the nuclear explosions were coming closer but nobody seem to care. i was scared #less, my heart was about to pop out of my chest from panic as they offered me a persimmon. not long after that, once exploded near the bank as i watch myself vaporize. i woke up.

i've had one other dream about satan being my father but i'll save that for when people ask for dreams about hell.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I had one as a child(i was 8) and it has haunted me now and again ever since.

I was standing on a bridge over a road in London,and a wall of water was approaching me.I could see people and vehicles in the water and i remember feeling very sad for them,i stood silently crying while i watched them be engulfed.
I was 'viewing' all of this,i wasn't physically standing on the bridge,i was in no danger.
The dream then switched to me standing on a hill in complete darkness,although it was daytime.It became very windy and i held children near to me,wrapped in the folds of my skirt.As the wind grew stronger,a hazy reddish/orange light filled the sky and the floor trembled.

I don't remember anymore.

When i say that i woke up feeling like my dream was different to all the ones i'd known before,i really mean it.I've never had one like it since.

Now,at the time i told my parents and they did the whole "it's just a dream" thing and told me to forget it,but i really couldn't.I wrote down everything i remembered.You see,i KNEW where i was in London because of a digital clock on the side of a building.I was standing on Holborn Viaduct Bridge.

I went there in my 20's purely to re-live it.A very strange experience.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I was in my neighbors garage, with my friend and there were air raid sirens blasting the whole town. Nukes didn't reach where we were, but in the dream I had a sense of the world being hit very hard by a nuclear fallout. I fully accepted my death in this dream, it was weird. The whole time I was just saying "Well, we had a good life, right man? I kind of expected it to end like this."

He refused to accept death, and kept telling me over and over "Dude don't worry, there won't be any nukes dropped here"

The dream went on like this for awhile, then I just woke up. The nukes never did go off. Very bizarre, considering a few days later on Coast to Coast AM David Wilcock spoke about an apocalyptic dream he had, where the world was saved by some spirit, and the cataclysmic event never happened.

Strange days.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
One particular apocalyptic dream i recall was earlier this year, in March.

I was at a friends house, they were gasping at the TV, we were being advised to stay in doors and barricade ourselves in, the bombs were coming.

The first thought i had was make sure my friends and family are safe. I decided to stock up on supplies, pickup my family and then head North to the Highlands.

There were four of us, as we were trying to exit our friends home we came under heavy gunfire, as we fled down the stairs and into his car there was a hail of bullets, the streets were in chaos, people were running every direction.

My friends left and headed North, like we arranged, i went to get my family, it was only me, my sister and my father. For some reason my mother wasn't there.

We found out there wasn't enough time to leave, the bombs were dropping, we sealed the windows and the doors, we have a cupboard under the stairs, my sister and my father went inside while i sealed the door from the outside.

I went out to the back garden and looked at the sky, as the bombs fell, the sky lit up with a flash of white, mushroom clouds surrounded me, and i stood standing looking into the sky feeling so calm and relaxed. Like the flashes in the sky, i had flashes of memories of my life.

It was at this point i woke up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join