It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails: US Patent #5003186: Stratospheric Welsbach Seeding For Reduction Of Global Warming

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+63 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Long have I suspected that the suspicious cloud-spreading activity in the sky commonly called “Chemtrails” has been part of a program and research into methods to reduce the amount of Solar radiation and heat and therefore to reduce Global Warming.

Today I discovered US PATENT #5003186. Stratospheric Welsbach Seeding For Reduction Of Global Warming. Patented March 26, 1991.

Everything I suspected has been patented.
Chemtrails Are "Small Reflecting Particles" In The Upper Atmosphere.
Back in march of this year on the above thread I said "My chemtrail theory is this... They are spraying a substance which is meant to reflect sunlight and alter the albedo of Earth."

THIS WAS BEFORE I DISCOVERED THIS DOCUMENT TODAY 10/24/2009!!!

Most important notes from the Patent PDF:
"A method is disclosed for the reducing atmospheric warming due to the greenhouse effect resulting from a greenhouse gases layer. The method comprises the step of seeding the greenhouse gas layer with a quantity of tiny particles of materials characterized by wavelength dependent emissivity or reflectivity… Such materials can include the class of materials known as Welsbach materials. The oxides of metal, e.g., aluminum oxide, are suitable for the purpose.
The greenhouse gases layer typically extends between about seven and thirteen kilometers above the earth’s surface. The seeding of the stratosphere occurs within this layer”
- Direct quote from Page 6 of the source PDF.

Aluminum Oxide is one metal oxide suitable for the purpose which is relatively inexpensive.
It is presently believed that the particle sizes in the ten to one hundred micron range would be suitable for the seeding purposes. Larger particles would tend to settle to the earth more quickly. The greenhouse gases are typically in the earths stratosphere at an altitude of seven to thirteen kilometers (23,000 ft to 42,000 ft). This suggests that the particle seeding should be done at an altitude on the order of 10 kilometers (33,000 ft). The particles may be seeded by dispersal from seeding aircraft; one exemplary technique may be via jet fuel as suggested by prior work regarding the metallic particles. Once the tiny particles have been dispersed into the atmosphere, the particles may remain in suspension for up to one year.”
- Direct quote from Page 7 to 8 of the source PDF

A bit about the Inventors: David B. Chang of Tustin and I-Fu Shih of Los Alamitos
“David B. Chang of Tustin and I-Fu Shih of Los Alamitos, who both work for Hughes Aircraft Co. in Manhattan Beach, received a patent last month for a controversial method to seed a portion of the atmosphere with certain types of dust particles. These particles would screen out radiation from the sun while allowing heat from the earth's surface to pass through.
"We think it could conteract completely the amount of heating that would be caused by the greenhouse effect," said Chang, who is director of technology for the training and support systems group of Hughes Aircraft, a subsidiary of General Motors-Hughes Electronics Corp.”

I did a little digging and found that Chang and Shih are were still working for Raytheon (the company who bought Hughes Aircraft) as of at least 2005.
Raytheon Technology Today 2005 Issue #2

quote from page 26:
“DAVID B. CHANG and I-FU SHIH:
6849855B1 Method for marking and identifying objects coated with up-conversion material”

IMPORTANT SUPPORTING INFORMATION:
Council on Foreign Relations on Planetary Geoengineering: “Add more small reflecting particles in the upper part of the atmosphere”

Chemtrail proof! 1990 US Air Force document!

[edit on (10/25/09) by AllSeeingI]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25 Oct 09 by Gools]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Patents do not have to be scientifically feasible to be filed.

www.arkpatent.com...

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The question I have is, if global warming is a myth, why seed the air to combat something that doesn't exist? I have been embarrassed lately to find that I may have been duped into believing a lie. Global warming. The carbon tax is definitely a bs idea, but is mans interactions with the environment truly effecting the temperature so much that we must pollute our skies?

To be honest, I'm a bit confused on this all right now.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Personally I have not had global warming proved to me one way or another.

I believe the Earth's climate will naturally change over time. Whether or not human life can survive such shifts is questionable and relative to the degree of change.

I believe enough scientists with enough clout believe that the human race is under threat from a changing climate. Weather it is directly man-made, partially, or entirely natural. Human kind is on the cusp of climate management technology. And humankind has always sought to scientifically master any new field.

I believe this injecting of particles into the atmosphere is being done, at least on a testing phase, if not full fledged government program, to try to master a technology which would allow humankind to essentially "set the global thermostat" as needed.

Such absolute power will corrupt absolutely!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I wonder, when those seeded particulates come down back to earth, is it immersed in raindrops as aerosol, or as particulate?
The PTB seem to have found another way to make the people sick.

Patent US5003186
It is presently believed that particle sizes in the 10 to 100 micron range would be suitable for the seeding purposes. Larger particles would tend to settle to the earth more quickly.

Health effects
The effects of inhaling particulate matter have been widely studied in humans and animals and include asthma, lung cancer, cardiovascular issues, and premature death. The size of the particle is a main determinant of where in the respiratory tract the particle will come to rest when inhaled. Because of the size of the particle, they can penetrate the deepest part of the lungs.[4] Larger particles are generally filtered in the nose and throat and do not cause problems, but particulate matter smaller than about 10 micrometers, referred to as PM10, can settle in the bronchi and lungs and cause health problems. The 10 micrometer size does not represent a strict boundary between respirable and non-respirable particles, but has been agreed upon for monitoring of airborne particulate matter by most regulatory agencies.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

It said in the document that the particles could remain airborne for a year.

"Once the tiny particles have been dispersed into the atmosphere, the particles may remain in suspension for up to one year.”

I wonder why a year?
I mean, if they can stay up for a year, couldn't they hypothetically stay airborne indefinitely?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by honkusbobo

I do not see ANY comparison between the "Anti-Wrinkle Bra for Sleeping" or "talking toilet paper role" and a method for altering global climate invented by Hughes Aircraft scientists. Scientists which still are employed by the same company (bought by Raytheon) some nearly 20 years later.

Please dont derail me bro!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I wonder how these particles affect our lungs?

I wonder what kinds of unknown bacteria, etc - came floating down while playing with the sky?

I wonder why no one bothered to mention this little bit of important information that was decided back in 1991?

Liars. All of them.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Science Stuff: Material Safety Data Sheet - Aluminum Oxide

"Harmful if swallowed. May cause irritation. Avoid breathing vapors, or dusts. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothes. Wash thoroughly after handling. Keep container closed.
Exposure Limits:OSHA TWA 15 mg/m� (Total Dust)"

If what this patent says is true... The purpose of this activity is to curtail the negative effects of global warming. A VERY NOBLE purpose if it is true. A purpose with a result aimed as SAVING the human race.

They are trying to save lives, not end them. So the health effects if any must seem, at least to them, as well worth the risks of not trying to halt global warming.

The source PDF states that the particles are injected into the atmosphere ideally around 33,000 ft. It also states that the particles are small enough and designed to remain airborne for up to a year.

Now considering around 70% of the Earth is covered by water those behind this scheme must have assumed that when the particles fall to earth most likely they will land in the oceans or at least an uninhabited area.

It makes sense to me that they would try to limit negative health effects. But any time you put a particulate in the air it will have a negative effect on your lungs.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Congratulations AllSeeingI, you have with a tiny bit of assistance, brought Chemtrails to a whole new level of acceptance! I hope that you throw this thread in your signature links, spread it to other sites, and really share it!

Chemtrail believers have suffered long due to thinking a line in the sky is proof... THIS, what you have just shown, is a significant step toward proving chemicals are in fact being dumped in our skies.

I'd love to see actual verification of jet fuels, analysis of the chem- and contrails, but because of you I will stop ignoring Chemtrails threads!

Nicely done.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
One of the other Materials directly named in the source document is: Thorium Oxide.

"Thorium dioxide is a Welsbach material. It has been suggested[4] that these chemicals could be sprayed into the upper atmosphere to reflex sunlight and thus lower the global temperature."

[4] Chang, David B; Shih, I-fu "Stratospheric Welsbach seeding for reduction of global warming", US Patent No. 5003186.

Thorium Oxide: MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive

Congratulations AllSeeingI, you have with a tiny bit of assistance, brought Chemtrails to a whole new level of acceptance! I hope that you throw this thread in your signature links, spread it to other sites, and really share it!

Chemtrail believers have suffered long due to thinking a line in the sky is proof... THIS, what you have just shown, is a significant step toward proving chemicals are in fact being dumped in our skies.

I'd love to see actual verification of jet fuels, analysis of the chem- and contrails, but because of you I will stop ignoring Chemtrails threads!

Nicely done.

Hey THANK YOU very much. Im glad I could spread the truth. Check my Signature now! BOOYA!

Thanks for your suggestion and also taking the time to let others know that people are waking up to truth everyday; for this will encourage them to do the same and look into the issue for themselves... and each awakening is important. Each time is like a birth into a new world.

Your sincere congratulations fill my soul with gratitude that this thread will not wither and die but will grow and prosper to awaken many MANY more.
SPREAD THE WORD!

...and hopefully it will not have been a waste of a Saturday Night.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

reduce the amount of Solar radiation and heat and therefore to reduce Global Warming.

What if this is a cover for seeding the sky with a chemical that would restart global warming under the guise of stopping global warming.

Since people are now saying global warming has stopped maybe the PTB /NWO wants to restart it to control us.

Even China and India are saying global warming is BS and will no abide by any rules from the up coming Copenhagen Conference
www.investors.com...

And it looks like Other developing nations, including Mexico, Brazil and South Africa, will likely reject any proposals as well.

This means that TPTB/NWO need to make global warming worse till these countries fall into line.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Doing some SERIOUS digging and reading tonight. I found this:

Global Warming and Ice Ages: Prospects for Physics-Based Modulation of Global Change.
By E. Teller, L. Wood, and R. Hyde.
"This paper was prepared for submittal to the
22nd International Seminar on Planetary Emergencies
Erice (Sicily), Italy
August 20-23, 1997"

This article is from the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory or LLNL (funded by the US Department of Energy (DOE) is where all the weather and toxic computer science happens in the U.S. They do the Environmental Impact Statements or EIS for the wars and things.

Regarding placement of light scattering payloads:

"Of the three deployments, the stratospheric location is by far the least expensive on a pound-for-pound basis; positioning mass in the stratosphere currently is at least 100,000 times less costly than putting it into low Earth orbit. We estimate a total cost of lifting mass into the stratosphere on wide-body commercial aircraft to be ~$0.3/pound"
-PAGE 7

Regarding the quantity required to create a change in temperature and the estimated costs:

"Of the order of 1 million tons of such resonant-type scattering material are estimated to suffice to remove 1% of the total insolation of the Earth; the corresponding cost may be $0.3-0.75 billion/year."
-PAGE 6

Regarding the preferred use of Aluminum Oxide (Alumina) compared to Sulfur Oxide:

"It has also been suggested that alumina injected into the stratosphere by the exhaust of solid-rocket motors might scatter non-negligible amounts of sunlight. We expect that introduction of scattering-optimized alumina particles into the stratosphere may well be overall competitive with use of sulfur oxides; alumina particles offer a distinctly different environmental impact profile."
-PAGE 10

This article does not state that they are undertaking this activity, but it clearly shows research has and IS being undertaken by many sources along with patents being filed in the 1990's.

Now 20 years later I believe they are in the test phase, if not beyond and implementing what they have learned.

This article is from the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory or LLNL (funded by the US Department of Energy (DOE) is where all the weather and toxic computer science happens in the U.S. They do the Environmental Impact Statements or EIS for the wars and things.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3413f649ce4d.jpg[/atsimg]

The Chemtrail Smoking Gun

"In Policy Implications of Greenhouse Warming: Mitigation, Adaptation, and the Science Bases conclusion, the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) found that the most effective global warming mitigation turned out to be the spraying of reflective aerosol compounds into the atmosphere utilizing commercial, military and private aircraft. This preferred mitigation method is designed to create a global atmospheric shield which would increase the planet's albedo (reflectivity) using aerosol compounds of aluminum and barium oxides, and to introduce ozone generating chemicals into the atmosphere."

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This idea has been subject to a lot of research in recent years

Stratospheric injections couldhelp cool Earth, computermodel shows

Can we offset global warming by geoengineering the climate with aerosols?

Stratospheric injections to counter global warming could damage ozone layer

Geoengineering to mitigate global warming may cause other environmental harm

The fact that someone has proposed an idea does not mean that that idea has been taken up
Very clearly there are increasing concerns over the validity of this proposal (as, indeed, with all suggestions about geoengineering to counter global warming)

And it's worth bearing in mind that were such action to be taken, we would not see noticeable effects from the ground (were such particles to form visible ice crystals - contrails - then it would obviously have the opposite to the intended effect - see www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit: were such a proposal adopted, I would think spraying would take place mainly around the tropics so that the aerosols could spread out over both hemispheres - much as Pinatubo had a big effect on global temp because it was close to the equator and thus affected the whole planet - a similar eruption in Siberia for example would effect only the N Hemisphere and thus be globally less significant. Indeed, one can picture a fleet of aircraft flying continuously around the equator .....

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Essan]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

In one of my source documents it stated that if the particles were injected into the atmosphere during optimal conditions they could remain airborne for a halflife of roughly 5 years. Not to say that they are radioactive, but I mean that they would lose their effectiveness by 50% after about 5 years. They stated that once the base layer was airborne, they would only need to conduct "maintenance" of about 20% of the total cloud cover needed for targeted results.

They also stated with this method, IF ANY unknown negative effects became a problem they could step down the process this way and by using only 20% at a time... decrease any unexpected side effects by starting slow and seeing what the outcome would be.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Great work, great thread.

The first thing that came to my mind is that global warming only came about the last 10 years which coincides with the release of these patents.

Maybe they weren't lying when they said global warming is MAN MADE.
Yeah, it is, by THEM not US.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You've done some great work here and I thank you for bringing it to our attention. S&F

The references listed at the bottom of the "smoking gun" page look like a good place to continue research on this topic.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I saw this covered in the news a while back, surprised it passed by ATS' watchful eyes.

Obama was/is actually considering chemtrails to change global warming.
www.articlesbase.com...#

"Referring to “radical” technologies that include spreading a sunlight-reflecting artificial cloud cover, Holdren declared, “It's got to be looked at. We don't have the luxury of taking any approach off the table.” "

I was personally a bit disturbed by this when I read about it. There are multiple articles covering it, this was just the first one I found on Google.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join