It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignore It or Deal With It? Sharia Law In The Uk!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
One great thing i did this morning was to take down 3 flyers which were on the phone box opposite my place which read 'March For Sharia' ....

I'm not kidding ya.... i woke this morning to find this atrocity staring right at me.... it got my back up so badly that i went over and ripped them down.... wtf is this country coming to when you get flyers saying 'March For Sharia?'... first time i've seen that where i live and i hope it's the last....

BTW there's some March going on in London on 31st October and i've got a feeling this is gonna kick off big time....

WTF!

[edit on 24-10-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Sounds good even though I'm not sure what it is about. Something about Muslim law in the UK?

Makes me want to go out and tear off all the "Jesus is Lord" stickers somebody has decided to plaster all over the utility boxes in my city. Somebody really went all out...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tallwater

Yeh.... it is about Muslim Law here..... they think it's their home country!!

I really wish these people (if you can call them that) would just go home to their home country if sharia's what they want....... simple as that.

As for the 'Jesus is Lord' stickers..... i don't know what to tell ya... you got 2 choices :

1) Ignore it

or

2) Deal with it

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Just speculating on this, If sharia law is placed in British constitution law books surly that makes it British sharia law, Which is governed by the House of lords and or select British committees, like i say just speculating

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

Well i just took a look at WIKI and found this:

"The Labour government under past-Prime Minister Tony Blair instituted sweeping constitutional reforms in the late 1990s and early-to-mid 2000s. The effective incorporation of the European Convention on Human Rights into UK law through the Human Rights Act 1998 has granted citizens specific positive rights and given the judiciary some power to enforce them. The courts can put pressure on Parliament to amend primary legislation that conflicts with the Act by means of "Declarations of Incompatibility" - however only of an advisory capacity as Parliament is not bound to amend the law nor can the judiciary avoid any statute - and can refuse to enforce, or "strike down", any incompatible secondary legislation. Any actions of government authorities that violate Convention rights are illegal except if mandated by an Act of Parliament.

These reforms have undermined the concept of Parliamentary sovereignty somewhat, even though Parliament could still abolish the devolved assemblies and repeal the Human Rights Act. In reality such action is unlikely so these restrictions on the legislative power of Parliament are likely to remain on the statute book for the time being."

I've highlighted what i think you were after....

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
and people are suprised when the BNP gets support... christ

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well I am a yank, so I am all about the diversity -

However Shiria Law in the UK rubs me wrong on many levels -

Considering that the UK is NOT traditionally a mish mash like the US makes me feel very protective of your tradition.

In the US we have many Mexicans and we do have to press 1 for English, however
Mexicans do not not desire law to be centered around them.

The is a bad situation you have there, sorry

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I heard about that, it's ridiculous. Send them back to the middle east if they want to be theocratic fascists! The usual government parties clearly aren't going to do anything about it, maybe the BNP needs to run things for a while.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Only problem with that is Nick Griffin (the leader of the BNP) does'nt have a clue about Politics, Economics or History and he's too far right so basically he would be a British Bush but with the added element of being too far right!!

What we need is someone who is going to be tough on Immigration, Law & Human Rights Issues & not allow people to come here to incorporate their Fascist Communist ways!!!

The Anti-Fascists are confused because they want to allow Islamic Fundamentalists into the Houses Of Parliament
How stupid are they?

Yet a Fascist Parliament is not what is needed here.... but because of the huge rise in Muslims fighting for their Laws here we have a situation where we are seeing the rising support for far right parties!!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Well the problem with telling them to 'get back where they came from' is that many will have been born in the UK. However, I do feel inclined to tell them that if sharia law is so important, there are countries which practice it...

I understand that many Muslims are not in agreement with this and I THOUGHT this march had not yet been cleared? Whatever - the fact remains that we have a lot of separatist communities in the UK which do not wish to integrate. Rather, the indigenous culture (Sorry Question Time, there IS such a thing) is supposed to kow tow to them.

Really, if this march takes place, there will be huge problems. I'm inclined to turn up dressed as a bacon rasher, except I would probably be the one arrested for incitement...

[edit on 25-10-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
this is a set up, the march for sharia law and the british national party appearing, to gain support from each end which will end in bloodshed

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I never understood the mindset regarding the whole "Sharia Law for the UK" thing until a few weeks ago when I called out a friend of my sister about it - he is a pro Sharia English Muslim. My question was, why are you after moving to such a powerful old country and trying to change their system of governance to suit yourselves, why cant you just live and let live.

He answered: When cant they stop trying to spread the western system in our Muslim countries through force, ill stop my peaceful efforts of trying to spread my system in theirs.

Its fair enough IMO. There's nothing else I could really say to him tbh.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
food for thought guys,
If sharia law is granted in Britain who shall oversee it, I mean will there be a Sharia court will have powers to hand down sentences and fines who shall regulate this Govt body, Will there be a sharia police force or "crown enforcement" body shall they abide with equal rights and fair employment issues ?.
What if your imposed a large fine, Will there be an independent omnibus for appeals..

Good to see ya back Dermo, missed you on the lisbon treaty vote debate.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by foxhoundone]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I know the EDL have a counter demonstration planned. Which i guess will decent into chaos, with the UAF turning up to confront the EDL.. Oh joy.

All this will do IMHO is drive a wedge through the country, and create a more divisive us and them situation.

Very worrying in my opinion.

Edit to fix typo

[edit on 25/10/09 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

This is being driven by the Islam4UK crowd, and as such their desires include flogging, chopping off hands etc... not sure you can do anything much once you've had your hand chopped off..

I have read that most Muslims in the UK abhore what Islam4Uk stand for and condem the march, however that isn't going to stop them being tained with the same brush.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
One great thing i did this morning was to take down 3 flyers which were on the phone box opposite my place which read 'March For Sharia' ....

I'm not kidding ya.... i woke this morning to find this atrocity staring right at me.... it got my back up so badly that i went over and ripped them down.... wtf is this country coming to when you get flyers saying 'March For Sharia?'... first time i've seen that where i live and i hope it's the last....

BTW there's some March going on in London on 31st October and i've got a feeling this is gonna kick off big time....

WTF!

[edit on 24-10-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

How ridiculous are people to get upset by this?

Firstly, it can and will never become part of criminal or civil law.

For independent arbitration which is outside of these then thats another matter and a choice for the individuals concerned.

Second, this country is defined by its absolute right of freedom of speech. Just because people don't necessarily agree with what is being said doesn't mean it shouldn't be said or should be somehow prevented.

Relax. Stop stifiling others opinions as you wouldn't like it if they did so to you.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Maybe chopping off hands and public floggings is what Britain needs, sort out the young Chav's who seem to walk away unpunished from crime with impunity these days IMO,
Seems like the agenda here is to create micro communities (ghettos ?)
and rule their mini kingdoms with fear, IMO

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

I agree with you to a point, we should not be enforcing 'western' style governments in other areas of the world.
But there is a massive difference; 'western' style governments are at least slightly democratic and encourages freedom of speech, will and thought.
'We' are not sending immigrants to other countries in an effort to undermine the traditions and culture of the indigenous people.
The Muslims, and it isn't only extremists, it is a basic part of the Islamic faith that a Muslim MUST strive to impose Sharia Law everywhere, wish to impose a barbaric and alien system which is the antithesis of the basic foundations that this nation was built upon.

Sharia Law will never be imposed in this country.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

I never understood the mindset regarding the whole "Sharia Law for the UK" thing until a few weeks ago when I called out a friend of my sister about it - he is a pro Sharia English Muslim. My question was, why are you after moving to such a powerful old country and trying to change their system of governance to suit yourselves, why cant you just live and let live.

He answered: When cant they stop trying to spread the western system in our Muslim countries through force, ill stop my peaceful efforts of trying to spread my system in theirs.

Its fair enough IMO. There's nothing else I could really say to him tbh.

never thought of that, and that is true, so I guess what there doing is only right

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tallwater
Makes me want to go out and tear off all the "Jesus is Lord" stickers somebody has decided to plaster all over the utility boxes in my city.

The utter ignorance of the Anti-Christian hate groups absolutely astounds me. Yeah, use this an opportunity to bash on Christianity, and you will find out what a REAL religion of CONTROL is all about.

Your beloved English pubs..... Gone! Muslims don't drink.
The ability to teach or believe in another religion..... Gone!
Anything even slightly interesting on TV....Gone!
Tea time.... Replaced with call to prayer!
However you will get some new things too...
Like...
Public Caining & Beheadings!

And you better get used to the idea because they are starting to outnumber Europeans, and gaining the ability to out vote you!

Fun stuff.... EH?
However, by all means use this thread as a sounding board to try and pick on the Christians more.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join