It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Ignore It or Deal With It? Sharia Law In The Uk!!

page: 3
7
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Wow...

Now we know what truly happens in there.

I hope that people are not easily lead to do stupid things as i think they are. when they are promised ridiculous things if they carry out suicidal tasks :/ I really worry about these things and wonder what could be in store for us when the next terrorist attack happens.

Specialy here on ATS where we can discuss how it was the government. (not sarcastic)

-Crap




posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Mmmmm... another government / intel psy-op to keep us all fighting each other and the focus off what they are up to.

It's the government that allows the rampant immigration, it's the government that allows the more extreme militant types their platform, so who is the real enemy?
I just have this niggling feeling that the EDL too is just one more psy-op and another intel run operation.

If the people of this country ever stopped to think about it and focused their attention on the root cause, the government and those wannabes in the wings waiting for power, would fall in a flash.
I saw a comment earlier in the thread too about Nick Griffin not being suitable for government due to his lack of experience in politics, finance, the economy etc. I hardly see that as being at all relevent as our current crop of thieves surround themselves with armies of consultants and advisors to tell them what to do. Hell, even I could do that.



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Can anyone send me a message telling me what this march is all about

thanks


-Crap



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
As I already said in another thread here, this march should be subjected to
authorization (probably will be) for checking on the constitutionality of the
aim propagated.
I would doubt it very much that the UK´s supreme court would rule in favor
of permitting the march, given the fact that the elements within the Sharia
are unconstitutional.
I am assuming that, like many other European countries, the UK has a strict
separation of the Church from the State.
Now this matter is a religious one, which makes this affair ridiculous and
nonsensical at the same time. You cannot seize your constitutional
authorities with something non-constitutional like religion, the freedom of
which is guaranteed anyway.
On the other hand you have to take their intentions seriously and put a stop
to their calling for criminal acts via Sharia.
In my country of residence (Luxembourg) Islam does not even have the
status of a religion. They have in vain applied for it as yet.
The UK should have awarded this status only after a thorough research
on Islam and Sharia, if at all.
If anybody wants to change the constitution, he would need the maximum
of all possible majorities in Parliament.
They will not patiently wait for the day, when they will have outbred the
indigenous people by that required majority.
You could call Gert Wilders from the Netherlands for help.
Unlike any other citizens, Muslims are first followers of Allah and second
only nationals of the country of residence.
I am still waiting for someone to tell me what all this indiscriminate
bombing by (unbelieving) Islamic fundamentalists all over the world is to achieve.
You Brits have an expert on the matter in your country :

Nobel-prize-winning Naipaul, whose book "Among the Believers : An
Islamic Journey" would set your mind right on the matter.



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   





Aren't you forcing your beliefs on people by removing those signs?



Errrrrrm.... I don't think so... i think most ordinary normal people would like to see what i did more often... in fact i think that the Ordinary guys & girls are the ones who can make this World a better place to live.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Udo Hohnekamp Lux.
As I already said in another thread here, this march should be subjected to
authorization (probably will be) for checking on the constitutionality of the
aim propagated.
I would doubt it very much that the UK´s supreme court would rule in favor
of permitting the march, given the fact that the elements within the Sharia
are unconstitutional.
I am assuming that, like many other European countries, the UK has a strict
separation of the Church from the State.
Now this matter is a religious one, which makes this affair ridiculous and
nonsensical at the same time. You cannot seize your constitutional
authorities with something non-constitutional like religion, the freedom of
which is guaranteed anyway.
On the other hand you have to take their intentions seriously and put a stop
to their calling for criminal acts via Sharia.
In my country of residence (Luxembourg) Islam does not even have the
status of a religion. They have in vain applied for it as yet.
The UK should have awarded this status only after a thorough research
on Islam and Sharia, if at all.
If anybody wants to change the constitution, he would need the maximum
of all possible majorities in Parliament.
They will not patiently wait for the day, when they will have outbred the
indigenous people by that required majority.
You could call Gert Wilders from the Netherlands for help.
Unlike any other citizens, Muslims are first followers of Allah and second
only nationals of the country of residence.
I am still waiting for someone to tell me what all this indiscriminate
bombing by (unbelieving) Islamic fundamentalists all over the world is to achieve.
You Brits have an expert on the matter in your country :

Nobel-prize-winning Naipaul, whose book "Among the Believers : An
Islamic Journey" would set your mind right on the matter.


The aim is irrelevant, providing it will be peaceful, people have a right to protest. Are you really suggesting people should only be allowed to protest if the state approves of the aims?

Never heard anything so ludicrous in all my life.



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
As an American, forgive me from viewing this from one particular standard:

Even if you at some point realize the danger, as a people unarmed, just how in hell are you going to solve the problem.

Because I assure you, those "fundamentalists" will be well armed, legally or illegally.

You may have to get Ireland and Scotland to handle it for you.



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy
 


I totally agree with what you are saying and in this case it's the New Labour Party who are to be held responsible....



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What is the problem of muslims having sharia law in the uk, it is not going to hurt peeps or affect me. if they are members of the uk then they have an equal say. if that what they want let them have it. it is no big deal. peeps r jst being para and racist
kx



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
No is those laws where to be introduced here it would affect all the public of the UK, not just the muslims. Just making that clear.

-Crap



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer
 


Even if their intention was to simply was to enforce Sharia on Muslims only (which it is not, it is to enforce Sharia on everyone on these Isles) Are you really suggesting we stand by while some young girl is stoned to death for falling in love someone she shouldn't or be seen holding hands with someone without a male relative present? should we allow someone to be beheaded for leaving the Muslim faith? So because I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone on these Islands that makes me a racist?



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Phoenix113,

you may not have heard or seen a lot of things in your life.

Marches as of a certain size need always an application for an authorization.

Marchers, counter-protesters, and the public might need police protection.



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by purplemer
 


Even if their intention was to simply was to enforce Sharia on Muslims only (which it is not, it is to enforce Sharia on everyone on these Isles) Are you really suggesting we stand by while some young girl is stoned to death for falling in love someone she shouldn't or be seen holding hands with someone without a male relative present? should we allow someone to be beheaded for leaving the Muslim faith? So because I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone on these Islands that makes me a racist?



yes it makes you a racist assuming that all muslims want to stone girls to death 4 falling in love with someone

kx



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
 


I never understood the mindset regarding the whole "Sharia Law for the UK" thing until a few weeks ago when I called out a friend of my sister about it - he is a pro Sharia English Muslim. My question was, why are you after moving to such a powerful old country and trying to change their system of governance to suit yourselves, why cant you just live and let live.

He answered: When cant they stop trying to spread the western system in our Muslim countries through force, ill stop my peaceful efforts of trying to spread my system in theirs.

Its fair enough IMO. There's nothing else I could really say to him tbh.



tell him because sharia law is a 1500 year old barbaric way to treat your fellow human. because a law that allows a man to kill a women because the woman is his property is not allowed...period. his corrollary is intellectually dishonest in the comparison. islamic fundementalists have used force in many countries where they try and change the government over to islamic rule...he sounds like an arrogant pr#ck. and if he feels that way, you better keep an eye on him...one day he might not like what your sister says to him, and he might use a little sharia law on her.



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by purplemer
 



yes it makes you a racist assuming that all muslims want to stone girls to death 4 falling in love with someone

kx


reply to post by purplemer
 


Where did I say assume that all of Muslims? why are you putting words down that I've not written..

This thread is about this particular march, this particular march is run by Islam4UK..

Islam4UK want to impose full sharia laws in the UK on all inhabitants, including forcing all women in the UK behind the veil and the examples I gave.

This march has been roundly condemned by most if not almost all Muslims groups in the UK..


The demonstration, involving a march from Parliament to Trafalgar Square on 31 October, is organised by the fringe group Islam4UK, who support “the full implementation of sharia law in the UK” and say that they "have had enough of freedom".

However, the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB), an umbrella body for Muslim organisations, said that they deplored the march and expressed their firm support for “the value of free speech in Britain”.

Meanwhile, a spokesperson for the Islamic Society of Britain told the Daily Telegraph that “99.999 per cent of Muslims despise these people. This only serves to fuel racial tensions.”

The Muslim Public Affairs Committee (MPAC) accused the march's leader Anjem Choudary of giving “anti-Muslim groups the propaganda coup to demonise Muslims”.


So for agreeing with those Muslims against this march including the MCB you are branding me a racist?

Please could you explain why you are doing that!



[edit on 25/10/09 by thoughtsfull]



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
What is the problem of muslims having sharia law in the uk, it is not going to hurt peeps or affect me. if they are members of the uk then they have an equal say. if that what they want let them have it. it is no big deal. peeps r jst being para and racist
kx

of course its a big deal! blimey are you a young little girl? of course its important, sharia law would change everything in the uk and the EDL is not run by any goverment agency



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by purplemer
 


Even if their intention was to simply was to enforce Sharia on Muslims only (which it is not, it is to enforce Sharia on everyone on these Isles) Are you really suggesting we stand by while some young girl is stoned to death for falling in love someone she shouldn't or be seen holding hands with someone without a male relative present? should we allow someone to be beheaded for leaving the Muslim faith? So because I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone on these Islands that makes me a racist?




absoulte bravo to that! i dint know about the holding hands in front of a male relative?



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
One of the problems with freedom of speech is that you have to let people say things that you don't agree with. If some folks want sharia law, let them march for it. If you get a majority who want it, then let it be. Otherwise, just ignore the marchers and they'll eventually go away.



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I've never understood people who travel/live abroad and insist on rigidly maintaining their home country's way of doing things.

For more than two decades, I've been living outside my home country, in several different nations. I ALWAYS make a strong effort to learn the local language to the best of my ability, to carefully study local laws and personal ettiquite, and to conform insofar as is possible to the basic norms of the society in question. This doesn't mean I give up my basic identity as a citizen of the nation of my birth...not at all, because if anything, living abroad reminds you each day that you are an outsider and reinforces patriotism for the land and traditions of your birth. But you can celebrate this on your own time, in your own way, with other expats or your family. In the public sphere, its only common decency, common sense, and common morality to try to blend in smoothly with the basic ways your host country does stuff. If you are so upset with it that you can't live with it, than that means its time to leave.



posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the moderate Muslims in this country. Small extremist groups like this can stir up a lot of unneeded hatred in those who are non muslim.This can only be counter productive as these extremist groups can use that in thier favour by saying we hate muslims and use the negativity to persuade other muslims to join their cause. This is not what we want. Instead of going all defensive maybe we should put trust in the moderate muslims and give them a chance to speak out.




[edit on 25-10-2009 by loner007]




top topics



 
7
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join