It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insider Reveals Secrets of North America Plot (NAU)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Insider Reveals Secrets of North America Plot (NAU)

www.wnd.com

The integration of the United States with Canada and Mexico, long deemed by many as little more than a fanciful "conspiracy theory," was actually an idea promoted by the Council on Foreign Relations and sold to President Bush as a means of increasing commerce and business interests throughout North America, according to a top Canadian businessman.

Thomas d’Aquino, CEO and president of the Canadian Council of Chief Executives – the Canadian counterpart to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce – confirmed
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.metrocorpcounsel.com
www.wnd.com

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

"I helped convince Richard Haass at the Council on Foreign Relations that we should put together a trilateral task force to look at the future of North America," d'Aquino said. "We recruited John Manley on Canada's side, along with William Weld, former governor of Massachusetts, and Pedro Aspe, the former Mexican economy minister, who had been so influential in promoting NAFTA."

The result was a CFR Task Force on the Future of North America created on Oct. 15, 2004, and chaired by Manley, Weld and Aspe, precisely as d'Aquino had recommended to Haass.

So what was that you were saying, all you "NAU is just a bunch of BS" pundits?

Well, no it wasn't. And still isn't, according to this article.

What I did find curious is that there is no mention whatsoever of the AMERO- the proposed currency set to replace all three country's currencies.

Another point I thought was interesting is they were (or are?) planning on REDUCING security along the borders. So how is that going to work? What, are we going to further invite the Mexican drug cartels to move right in to the USA uncontested?

And Obama's concerned about including more environmentalists in order to continue this elitist venture?

:shk:

How many days can be ruined for the average American?

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

It's called Convergence and it is inevitable...

[edit on 24-10-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It's called WND
And it's full of horse dung!

It's the website with less credibility than the National Enquirer.

I would buy the tripe Alex Jones spews or the Bull that Glen Beck shoves out before I would believe anything barfed out by WND.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I thought the NAU was confirmed as reality a while back. At least a bit before Hillary Clinton promised to destroy the idea if she was voted in.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
It's called WND
And it's full of horse dung!

It's the website with less credibility than the National Enquirer.

I would buy the tripe Alex Jones spews or the Bull that Glen Beck shoves out before I would believe anything barfed out by WND.

I dont mean to be confrontational, but I would like some supporting evidence that this source isn't to be trusted. What evidence do you cite to refute the credibility of World Net Daily? Have there been hoaxes perpetrated by them in the past? Or are they the kind of journalists who cut and paste from other sites more nationally known and generally accepted as reasonably credible? How have they earned the reputation you just gave them?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Oh, then what is William F. Weld and Aquino doing mentioned exactly as the WND article states, on the CFR's own website, if WND is the worst source ever?

Co-chair William F. Weld, former Governor of Massachusetts and U.S. Assistant Attorney General, said, "We are three liberal democracies; we are adjacent; we are already intertwined economically; we have a great deal in common historically; culturally, we have a lot to learn from one another."

Organized in association with the Consejo Mexicano de Asuntos Internacionales and the Canadian Council of Chief Executives, the Task Force includes prominent former officials, businessmen, and academic experts from all three countries. A Chairmen's Statement was released in March in advance of the trinational summit; the full report represents the consensus of the entire Task Force membership and leadership.

Chief Executive of the Canadian Council of Chief ExecutivesThomas d'Aquino, President of the Consejo Mexicano de Asuntos Internacionales Andrés Rozental, and Director of the Center for North American Studies at American University Robert A. Pastor serve as vice chairs.Chappell H. Lawson, Associate Professor of political science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, is director.

www.cfr.org...

It appears WND is correct, and not only that, has been correct in the three years they have been covering this story.

You lose.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Ok let's see, how about the fact they had to settle out of court because of a defamation case back in 2000?

"A lawsuit for libel, defamation, false light and conspiracy was filed by Clark Jones of Savannah, Tennessee against WorldNetDaily.com, Tony Hays and Charles H. Thompson II arising out of a press release issued by WorldNetDaily.com on September 18, 2000, and articles dated September 20, October 8, November 24 and December 5, 2000, written by Tony Hays and Charles H. Thompson, II, posted on WorldNetDaily.com's website.

"The original news release by WorldNetDaily.com of September 18, 2000, and the article by Hays and Thompson of September 20, 2000, contained statements attributed to named sources, which statements cast Clark Jones in a light which, if untrue, defamed him by asserting that the named persons said that he had interfered with a criminal investigation, had been a 'subject' of a criminal investigation, was listed on law enforcement computers as a 'dope dealer,' and implied that he had ties to others involved in alleged criminal activity. These statements were repeated in the subsequently written articles and funds solicitations posted on WorldNetDaily.com's website. Clark Jones emphatically denied the truth of these statements, denied any criminal activity and called upon the publisher and authors to retract them.

"Discovery has revealed to WorldNetDaily.com that no witness verifies the truth of what the witnesses are reported by authors to have stated. Additionally, no document has been discovered that provides any verification that the statements written were true.

"Factual discovery in the litigation and response from Freedom of Information Act requests to law enforcement agencies confirm Clark Jones' assertion that his name has never been on law enforcement computers, that he has not been the subject of any criminal investigation nor has he interfered with any investigation as stated in the articles. Discovery has also revealed that the sources named in the publications have stated under oath that statements attributed to them in the articles were either not made by them, were misquoted by the authors, were misconstrued, or the statements were taken out of context.

"WorldNetDaily.com and its editors never intended any harm to Clark Jones and regret whatever harm occurred. WorldNetDaily.com has no verified information by which to question Mr. Jones' honesty and integrity, and having met him, has no claim or reason to question his honesty and integrity. WorldNetDaily.com wishes him well."

www.wnd.com...

Some other instances can be found here...

conwebwatch.tripod.com...

Basically WND is full of crap. I wouldn't believe them if they told me the sky was blue. I would check to see if it was raining first.

want more? OK

www.wnd.com...

[edit on 10/24/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I wouldn't trust WND to reveal the secret of programming my TiVo.

Jerome Corsi
that says it all right there!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

ATS announces that attacking the source, and not the message, will get your post marked off-topic.

I wish.

I wonder if Corsi was a member here, how many warnings people would get for all the derision cast in their direction.

I can't believe I am arguing sources here in the first few posts of this topic. So I go and dig up the same actual news on CFR's own website, and WND is still crap. :shk:

Anyone got anything to say about the NAU other than where this story came from? Sheesh.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Sorry to throw your thread off topic, but WND Drives me nuts. But least it was not directed at you right?

This does look suspicious, from the CFR website:

When the leaders of Canada, Mexico, and the United States met in Texas recently they underscored the deep ties and shared principles of the three countries. The Council-sponsored Task Force applauds the announced "Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America," but proposes a more ambitious vision of a new community by 2010 and specific recommendations on how to achieve it.

Pointing to increased competition from the European Union and rising economic powers such as India and China in the eleven years since NAFTA took effect, co-chair Pedro C. Aspe, former Finance Minister of Mexico, said, "We need a vision for North America to address the new challenges." The Task Force establishes a blueprint for a powerhouse North American trading area that allows for the seamless movement of goods, increased labor mobility, and energy security.

Source: www.cfr.org...

And yes, WND IS still crap

[edit on 10/24/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Who was it who said that if by now people are not realizing everything thats happening , they will NOT realize it EVER????

When it really hits, they will look you in the eye and tell you you are wrong.

S&F

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Heck these guys bullet pointed their formula for the NAU

Make North America safer:

* Establish a common security perimeter by 2010.
* Develop a North American Border Pass with biometric identifiers.
* Develop a unified border action plan and expand border customs facilities.

Create a single economic space:

* Adopt a common external tariff.
* Allow for the seamless movement of goods within North America.
* Move to full labor mobility between Canada and the U.S.
* Develop a North American energy strategy that gives greater emphasis to reducing emissions of greenhouse gases -- a regional alternative to Kyoto.
* Review those sectors of NAFTA that were excluded.
* Develop and implement a North American regulatory plan that would include "open skies and open roads" and a unified approach for protecting consumers on food, health, and the environment.
* Expand temporary worker programs and create a "North American preference" for immigration for citizens of North America.

Spread benefits more evenly:

* Establish a North American Investment Fund to build infrastructure to connect Mexico's poorer regions in the south to the market to the north.
* Restructure and reform Mexico's public finances.
* Fully develop Mexican energy resources to make greater use of international technology and capital.

Institutionalize the partnership:

* Establish a permanent tribunal for trade and investment disputes.
* Convene an annual North American summit meeting.
* Establish a Tri-national Competition Commission to develop a common approach to trade remedies.
* Expand scholarships to study in the three countries and develop a network of Centers for North American Studies.

www.cfr.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

...The Task Force establishes a blueprint for a powerhouse North American trading area that allows for the seamless movement of goods (translation: seamless movement of all the drugs one country can handle), increased labor mobility (translation: We are tired of you deporting our criminals back to Mexico), and energy security (translation: we need more subsidies).

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

For sure. Do people actually have to wait until a bad man breaks into their house and shoots them and then go, uh, crap, I should have had a gun at the ready. No, wait, I will call the police.

Meanwhile, where did Alex Jones get all this information from for years, from special insiders, and h can't tell us his sources, but, yes, trust me. Is there an Amero already printed, waiting for just the right time to release it? Are there "greenbacks" that will be used within the North American continent while "red backs" will be used for international business?

I don't know for sure. But it sure seems like the world is on a route that brings us all to the dreaded NWO. However, it is a route that is covered with rose petals and perfume, and it's okay. Just like Dorthy and her new-found friends crossed a field of pretty posies and fell asleep, but eventually woke up.

Does the Wizard of Oz not strike you as a real sort of situation, and not just some children's story? Not directed at you DGtempe. Just pondering here.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

I can't believe I am arguing sources here in the first few posts of this topic. So I go and dig up the same actual news on CFR's own website, and WND is still crap. :shk:

Anyone got anything to say about the NAU other than where this story came from? Sheesh.

Of course it's relavent where the story came from! How can you say it's not?

If a writer has shown himself time and time again to be incompetent at best and raving mad at worst, it stands to reason that his latest work follows the pattern he's laid out.

The ATS rule you quoted is referring to ad hominem attacks on the OP.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Explanation: St*r for you!

Your post reminded me totally of the Erik The Viking movie! [Note [wiki] link OK]

Specifically the scene where the bloke in this still frame [virtualhistory.com] from the movie, a certain King Arnulf of the Island of Hy-Brasil [wiki], who refuses to believe his Island is sinking and convinces his whole community to go "Tee Tumming" blindly to their watery doom!

RE: "Erik's crew, joined by Aud, prepare to escape in their ship with the Horn safely aboard, but Arnulf refuses to join them, denying that the island is sinking up to the very moment he and the other islanders are swallowed by the waves."

:shk:

Personal Disclosure: S&F for the threads OP!

Edited to clarify still frame source! :shk: soz me a total

[edit on 24-10-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

It's called Convergence and it is inevitable...

Seriously!

Nothing stops progress. There is natural progression. Nothing stays the way it is.

Those trying to keep "the American we know/knew" - aren't dealing in reality. At least the reality of progression.

It's not when - but how & who.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Explantion: I fully agree that it is relevant to CONSIDER the source of the information, but I would argue that to do that 1st is to miss the point of truely denying ignorance.

Would it not be better to assess the validity of the logos[facts or lack] first and then move on to pathos[emotions or lack] of the main protagonists and antagonists involved, and then finally the ethos[reputation or lack] of the source can be accurately measured. Recalibration may be required for any of the variables in all three stages, but I feel that this is the most efficient way to deny ignorance on any issue with a very low error of probable!

Personal Disclosure: I'm legally insane and I love cheesing my younger bro off when I'm arguing with him and he takes a position that because I'm "CRAZY" that nothing I ever say CAN BE TRUE! and so I start informing him of truths/facts/beliefs His reality relies upon i.e. 1+1=2, he's my younger brother, we both have the same mum, the sun here on planet earth rises in the east when your at the equator etc!
His pathos gets so very very wounded as his ethos POV gets devoured by my logos!. To which I reply "Awww DidDums!"

As another example I'll ask a question and answer it! Can a person learn from a rock??? It depends on their POV. If they come from an A PRIORI that "No damn rock can teach me anything" then geology clearly isn't for them!

Edited for spelling.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It seems to me that a North American Union would be a likely step on our way to unifying the Earth under a single government. I don't see that as a bad idea, actually. Certainly if we had the horrors some expect with NWO it would be awful, but so would any bad government, anywhere. The world is going to have to become united under a single worldwide government. Without that, we face likely extinction.

Europe already has unified, or is very close to it. North America could unify without too much trouble. We are almost there already. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked were the entire Western Hemisphere unite as a single government. As other countries join in unions, lone countries face economic and political disadvantages. The US is big enough that it could stand on its own for much longer than most, but ultimately we'll likely have to follow the crowd and unite with Canada and Mexico, at least. I don't see this as the end of the world, unless we permit a seriously bad government to be put into place.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join