It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the world will NOT end in 2012: Nasa scientist debunks conspiracy theories

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

But they are. I don't give a hoot how it looks or appears. The fact is, when you work for the mafia your in the mafia.

There are thousands of people who work in NASA and get paid millions to keep their mouth shut. So if they didn't keep their mouth shut and cared about the world we wouldnt be in this mess. I wouldn't call those people human beings benovelent. They are satanic. These are the facts.

You either with them or not.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Mind1universe]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Once again, you can't research or debunk what's going to happen on a future date.

I don't think anything specific is going to happen, either, and definitely not the end of the world, but this back-and-forth is asinine and neglects a real investigation of the subject and what is REALLY going on.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Actually, the 2012 date is the end of an age, whatever is going to happen (if anything is going to happen) will occur before that date. Some believe those events are taking place right now.

If someone had predicted all the strange events of the past few years, you would not have believed it. Purported religious fanatics or the government flying jetliners into buildings. . . polar ice caps melting at an alarming rate. . . the US economy tanking. . . sun spot activity. . . dismantling of the auto industry. . .government bailouts. . .

The problem is that too many people who aren't up on the whole 2012 thing are feeling that something is going to happen, normal average citizens feel like America is on it's last legs, there's something bad in the air coming our way.

I don't think any of us need a calendar to predict that disaster is just around the corner. Can't you feel it?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VelmaLu

there is a difference between economic failure and the end of the world. no one can argue that america and the world are in pretty bad shape but its not the end of the world.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'm not sure why you think people believe 2012 is the "end of the world"? Again, it is an end of an age, and a new age will take it's place.

Some people believe that the planet will ascend to a high density (I have heard both fourth and fifth densities); others believe that some of the population will move to a higher vibration, leaving behind the less evolved.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
when i first got on this site everyone and their mother were against everything NASA said or did. now all of a sudden one of their scientists mentions something about 2012, everyone and their dog jump on the bandwagon.

i am neither a believer nor a non-believer. but just because a "NASA" scientist dispproved it does not mean anything, none. since when did these people become all knowing gods.

if NASA scientists said tomorrow that everyone should eat their feces to survive, im willing to bet my soul that this same group of people would pay good money for feces to eat.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

I never claimed that i saw NASA as an all knowing all seeing god. I've never had a problem with NASA because well i don't give a damn about them.

I always had a firm stance that 2012 is a bunch of horse# and now im just pointing out that respected scientists are agreeing with the fact that 2012 will not be the end of the world. This has nothing to do with NASA. this is about Morrison and his beliefs that 2012 is not the end.

It was important to mention NASA because he is debunking 2012. while all the people predicting 2012 are a bunch of quacks and pieces of rock.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I would have to agree with those big bad nasa scientist, the world will not end in 2012. It doesnt take a scientist to figure that out tho.
The mayans never predicted that 2012 would be the end of all time, what they did say, however, is that it would be the end of THEIR time.
It's all a game. Who knows what will happen in 2012...I don't understand why people are arguing back and forth about what will and will not happen. If people could just turn off their TV and turn on their brain instead, for just a few hours a day, they would get a much clearer "picture" and realize that we are being toyed with, deliberately confused to blind us from the truth.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

To be fair, the mayans NEVER said a word about nibiru... never said a word about the poles shifting... never said the world would end. They said it would be the end of one age and the beginning of another. Plain and simple.

The stuff about the poles shifting and nibiru were prophecies made by people quite recently, and given dates way before this. When they didnt come true, they were shifted over to 2012, because that's a big date in the mayan calendar system, as well as others.

Actually you are wrong, the Hopi are the modern maya, and they do talk about the appearance of a red star at the time of tribulation and purification.

They also stated that comet holmes was the blue star when it exploded and became a million times brighter and appeared to be bluish. It's dust particles expanded to be larger than the Sun, and reflected the brightness to a point that it could be seen on Earth by the naked eye in 2007 as it left the sun's trayectory, and was going towards Jupiter.

According to the hopi the appearance of Kachina, the blue star which their prophecy stated would take off it's mask, marked the beginning of the 7 years of tribulation, and purification and the beginning of the fifth world, or cycle.

BTW, it is only the people who do not know much about the events that have been prophesized who claim "the world is going to end"...

The world is NOT going to end but we will go through much purification, through suffering which began in 2007 and will end about 2014.

Another thing of interest is that comet Holmes survived the explosion for the most part, and will return it's trip towards the Sun in 2014. I might be wrong but the red star that the Hopi also say will appear is not comet holmes.

The red star which will appear in a time after the blue star appearance marks a much malignant time, with radical, and unpleasant changes.

Originally posted by Jomina

I'm glad in some ways for the article, but there's no need for arrogance on anyone's part. There's still much unexplained, and much that ties together, even if on he surface it does not appear to be so.

In one way i do agree with this, except to the fact that this man tries to label anyone, and everyone who can see the clear signs of what is happening as being wrong, delusional, etc.

The fact is that we are in a strange and special time. The acticity of the Sun is still at the lowest it has been for 100 years or more, and if it continues we will face another Little Ice Age.

We also know that the magnetic field of the Earth is weaker now than it has been for thousands of years, and there have been recent large breaches in the magnetic field of Earth which has baffled scientists, since their understanding suggested this could never happen the way it did.

We also know that since about 2003 or so we have been heading towards a denser part of the galaxy where ther is more, and more interstellar dust, as well as cosmic energies which are at an all time high. Since we have been monitoring space there hasn't been this type of increase in the energies which are entering the Solar System.

To make things even more interesting NASA, and ESA themselves have stated that we will be seeing an increase of interstellar dust which ould increase exponentially years by year, and could be as much as ten times higher by 2012.

ESA sees stardust storms heading for Solar System
Scientists believe that this is due to the way in which the polarity changed during solar maximum. Instead of reversing completely, flipping north to south, the Sun's magnetic poles have only rotated at halfway and are now more or less lying sideways along the Sun's equator. This weaker configuration of the magnetic shield is letting in two to three times more stardust than at the end of the 1990s. Moreover, this influx could increase by as much as ten times until the end of the current solar cycle in 2012.

www.spaceref.com...

In part the increase in interstellar dust has been a result of the weakening magnetic field of the Sun, which is now even weaker, but the exponential incrase in interstellar dust is also because we are heading into a denser part of the galaxy.

There has also been a significant increase in the cosmic ray influx which is now 19% higher than it has been since we began monitoring these energies.

Astronauts and satellite integrated circuits are at most risk of an ongoing tempest of galactic cosmic rays that scientists say is at an all-time high.

According to NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, galactic cosmic rays come from outside the solar system and are made up of subatomic particles accelerated to almost light speed by distant supernova explosions. Cosmic rays cause showers of particles when they hit Earth's atmosphere but they pose their greatest health hazard, radiation, to astronauts in space. They aren’t too healthy for satellites either as a single cosmic ray can disable the unit if one hits an unlucky integrated circuit, NASA said.

www.thestandard.com...

Then there is the real posibility that by 2012, which supposedly will be the peak of the next Solar cycle, which hasn't even started yet, and the Sun could release massive amounts of cosmic rays and we could be hit with very large sunspots.

Michu Kaku has given a warning about this.
www.youtube.com...

He talks only about satellites, and electrical infraestructure being hit by this perfect solar storm, but since the Earth's magnetic field is weaker now also it would affect the electrical infraestructure on Earth not to mention that wherever the magnetic field of Earth is weaker we would see an increase in uv rays and who know what else.

2012 is not going to be the end of the world, the maya calendar shows "the end of a CYCLE", and that by that end, and the beginning of the next cycle there will be much purification, as well as suffering unfortunately.

This is not just about the suffering we see in "some" parts of the world, it is suffering for most of the world by the events which we will go through.

[edited for errors]

[edit on 22-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
reply to post by Mind1universe

nasa as a whole might be a fraud but the people that work there can't all be trying to screw us over

"can't"

Note the usage of this particular word.

I see an infinite number of possible understandings, yet you chose one. I find this very interesting. Why have you chosen this one particular understanding over any other?

By choosing one particular understanding over another you have limited your perspective. You are correct still, yet one can be correct from all perspectives too.

"why would you believe something that tells you to stop your search? Why would you believe that which limits you and puts you in bondage and fear to explore any further?"

deep down you know that love is in control. every one is free.

-peace and love

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join