It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Missing Link' Primate Fossil Debunked

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mind1universe

You are so far off the mark and blinded by your obsession with Atlantis , the Annunaki and Satanism that it appears you are not able to grasp core, fundamental scientific principles!

You mention that there is plenty of evidence but you furnish none.
I would like to know how you 'know' so confidently, yet can't furnish any real and tangible evidence, nor work within the realm of logic.

I'm glad I don't have the same belief system as you as I'm sure it would lead me to becoming paranoid, bitter, uneducated and that much the poorer for it.

You appear to make the same fundamental mistake that opponents of Darwin's proposition did in 'Punch Magazine' regarding our hominid ancestors

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chronogoblin
Like they set out to deliberately debunk the findings instead of going in with an unbiased eye.

From the article in the OP:

He and his colleagues compared 360 specific anatomical features of 117 living and extinct primate species to draw up a family tree.

comparing anatomical features is just about as unbiased as one can get. If they deliberately set out to debunk, it's because they (the debunkers) were intelligent, knowledgeable and informed professionals that could tell just by looking at a picture that the morphology didn't jive with the original claims.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

OK so its not a hoax. From day one they said it was most likely a Lemur Adapoid. There are different schools of thought on Hominoid development.
Did hominoids evolve from Adapids. This is a 'missing link' argument in scientific circles regarding our development
The fossil found in Germany that is similar to but NOT a lemur was speculated to be A 'Missing link' (there are many many links in the hominoid tree) The small primate (adapid) was believed to have evolved into monkeys, apes and human beings.

The remains of the 1 year old female highlights that more and more potential intermediary "link" adaptations are found and annalysed.

So this find isnt a HOAX, it was simply studied by scientists to ascertain its connection adapoids and their place in anthropoid evolution.
One school of thought, we are descended from the same primates as lemurs. Another argument is that hominids evolved from another small primate, the tarsiidae.

That school of thought 'did we come from the lemur primate' is still presented and studied, and not considered a hoax, rather evolutionary theory.

What they needed to study (and always claimed thats what they were going to do, they never said THIS IS THE MISSING LINK) if this animal had features which link indirectly to higher primates, such as dry v wet nose, nails v claws, 4 incisor teeth in each jaw approximating to each other the midline, long foliate canines separated from the incisors by a diastema and blunt molars.

Its not a debunk,they never said it was a a hominoid? the question still remains, did we evolve from lemur like creatures?

EDIT to ADD, there was alot of hooplah which is silly for a find that hadn't been studied yet, Attenborough got involved etc, Id say that maybe the people debunking are also annoyed they didnt get the film rights?

Discovery channel did the debunk?? Id look into that little conspiracy and reconsider my thread title.....j/k aggie

[edit on 22-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

I don't need to prove anything to you. There are two types of people on this planet. The ones that know need not prove anything to you. The ones that don't know depend on others to tell them what reality is.

You know, watch T.V, watch scientists, and listen to Obama. You know stuff like that. When I say something you never heard of. You get so hot and bothered and demand me to tell you why I think or spoke they way I did.

It's your job to find out what's reality. Humanity has spent 13,000 years in darkness. While the rulers of this reality knew all. And more than any "scientist" I can assure.

Been a scientist is not something to be proud of. I've met far to many stupid scientist in my time. To left brain, to the point they would die in a day within a day on the Sahara. Logical minds can't understand deception. Logical minds can't find proof of something exist. But just because there is a lack of evidence doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Thats what scientists need to get into their half brains!

I will give you an idea how stupid many scientists are in the "mainstream" I posted a video where Al Gore does his usual bull# global warming vids
Sure enough the conference was controlled and mandated. So no actual intellegent person could challenge Al gore. The mainstreamers were in awe of the man. Al Gore wanted to raise funds to "save polar bears" Al Gore can distort any evidence he likes to make it seem refutable and backed up. Anyone can do it. But a mainstream scientist is always fooled.

One mad stood up and put a stop to his bull#. Told Al Gore that Polar bears were increasing in population and have been for many years.

The man was told to sit down and shut up when the question abrupted Al gore. He refused to answer the question. Meanwhile all the other retards probably fell for this nonsense. Al gore and his made up facts. A friend of mine who is a scientist is obsessed with Al gore.
So much for the science nerds.

If your a scientist I would class you D grade......

You live on a world you don't no much about as far as I can tell from your posts sir. Half of the scientists on this planet are paid to keep you fighting each other while they are out there researching the stuff that will never get mainstream or hit the newslines. NASA is building bases on the moon and E.Ts are living on this world and many other planets around this solar system. There is plenty of evidence. But don't expect anyone to come and tell you specially. It's not going to happen. It is never going to happen. So your going to have to get off your ass and find out for yourself. The truth is there if you really want to find it. This is where you need common sense and intuition. So while you put so much faith into "the mainstream scientists"

There are others who are tapping into stuff you wouldn't be able to handle

Anyone can make up a theory such as Darwinism. I could get a pig and draw a pcture where a pig evolves into a man.

But the truth is. This universe is teeming with life. Just because they are not visiting you doesn't mean there is no evidence, just your lack of awareness and personal experience to this reality.

It's like I have a cup in my hand. I don't need to prove to you it's there, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's there. I certainly don't need to prove to you it's there.

So get with reality and wake the # up.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

You are so far off the mark and blinded by your obsession with Atlantis , the Annunaki and Satanism that it appears you are not able to grasp core, fundamental scientific principles!

You mention that there is plenty of evidence but you furnish none.
I would like to know how you 'know' so confidently, yet can't furnish any real and tangible evidence, nor work within the realm of logic.

I'm glad I don't have the same belief system as you as I'm sure it would lead me to becoming paranoid, bitter, uneducated and that much the poorer for it.

You appear to make the same fundamental mistake that opponents of Darwin's proposition did in 'Punch Magazine' regarding our hominid ancestors

But you depend on the satanic system to tell you what's real. You depend on others to tell you what's real. You depend on Darwin who made up a theory and you blindly believe in him.

Who knows, maybe he was paid to make it up.

Anybody can fool you, and you don't even realise it. I'm not obsessed with Atlantis. I said it once.

I could say your so obsessed with this matrix because you don't know anything outside it. So dream on keep living in your fantasy. Nobody needs to prove anything to you. Your not a child and I'm not responsible to take you by the hand and give you 24 years of life over to you.

If you want truth, go out and find it
It's not on National geographic, physics class, Time magazine or from any polictian. This is one of the greatest designed realities where TPTB have literally total control over what you believe. They own you, because from the age of 3 you gave your mind away.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Your post has nothing to do with the adapid found and its place in the hominoid evolutionary tree.
Stay on topic.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Has it gone off topic? The topic as far as I can see, this is further indocrination and brainwashing to trick you into thinking your a monkey!

How do you know we are decendant from any of these links.

Is it because you were told? Who were they?

If we were to be really on topic. I think people should learn to ask questions before they believe blindly eveything time magazine says. The occultist of this planet know everything. The mainstream scientist looking for these links are looking really silly, if they really knew the true history of the planet.

There are people who know and there is, people who don't. This is something people need to understand at this time and on this topic likewise.

13000 years everything you are is because of the people who run your world from those times to now. They own the system. Everything they tell you whats real and you say yes sir. That's the problem.

There are 4 higher chakras and many people on this planet don't know how to use their full potential. They rely to heavily on the physical to find out infomation. When they have a brain the size of a football not in use. And our brains are nothing like monkeys

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
As far as many like above.

Those above created a world, interesting. They created primates too.

But homo sapiens is a mixture of 5 different humanoid races. The evidence is all around you. From races, cultures, to blood types, different colour hair, you name it we are not from here. Our DNA is mostly E.T origin.

Mainstream scientist thankfully have now finally accepted that fact. But they are told to say junk DNA. So we silly sheep assume it's junk. It's not junk. It's deliberately atlered DNA. We were switched off to be as hopeless and clueless as we are. which is obviousy displayed here. They are 12 stands DNA we only use 3.

Every single ancient civilzation known even on the mainstream has evidence of E.T intervention coming to earth. Every single one. Yet we stil don't the half of our ancestry. It's not because it's not known, your just not been told. The ones that do know are paid to keep quiet. So you can all still read these crap stories.

But remember this, you will die like your parents and grandparents knowing the same things and doubting the same things they did. Because they were lied to as well. Everything you think you know, is just programmed concise brainwashing. Everything you learnt in school is utter bollix with little half truths to every big lie. This education system is designed to only use your reptiliinan and left brain. So you depend on society to forumulate who and what you are.

Everything society has told you is utter nonense. I'm no religious or cult. But I've managed to de program myself. Now I'm opening up to realities taking fold that were never witnessed until 13,00 years ago. Enlightement and truth. The truth if you want to look for it. Is within you.

Not on this hideous report.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Ill respond to you when you are adressing the OP content, and not proporting to NWO, ETs , Nasa moonbases, "Stupid scientists", Chakras, Obama, Al Gore, global warming debate and so on. Anything but the 1 year old female adapid it seems.
Until then be well

Edit to add:

[edit on 22-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I agree with zazz

Everyday people read way to much into the discovery of darwinius, and I dont remember anybody saying this animal was a direct ancestor of ours, and didnt they say in the program that it was likely an evolutionary dead end. only that it was a very old specimen of a primate, and the best preserved fossil primate ever found.
Most primates from that far back are only known by a small number of found teeth.
Anyway its was still a very important find and pushed the seperation of the various lineages back a little.

Heres a piece of the peer reviewed paper by the initial researchers.

Conclusions
We can now document the history of an extraordinary fossil, here named Darwinius masillae. Its two parts, although split by private collectors and dispersed to two continents, are virtually reunited here 26 years after discovery. The fossil, including an entire soft body outline (preserved in the Oslo specimen) as well as contents of the digestive tract (investigated in the Wyoming specimen), documents paleobiology and morphology of an extinct early primate from the Eocene of Germany.

After comparative study, we conclude that the Darwinius holotype was a juvenile female, weaned and feeding independently on fruit and leaves in the middle floor of early Middle Eocene rain forest of Messel. She may have been nocturnal. She moved as an agile, nail bearing arboreal quadruped and, although perhaps only 60 percent of adult weight at death (Fig. 12), would have grown to be the size of an adult female Hapalemur, in the range of 650–900 g. Her pattern of tooth development shows that her species grew up fairly quickly and suggests that she died before one year of age.

Darwinius masillae is now the third primate species from the Messel locality that belongs to the cercamoniine adapiforms, in addition to Europolemur koenigswaldi and E. kelleri. Darwinius masillae is unrelated to Godinotia neglecta from Geiseltal, which was much more slenderly built. Darwinius and Godinotia neglecta are similar, however, in the degree of reduction of their antemolar dentition. Morphological characteristics preserved in Darwinius masillae enable a rigorous comparison with the two principal subdivisions of living primates: Strepsirrhini and Haplorhini. Defining characters of Darwinius ally it with early haplorhines rather than strepsirrhines. We do not interpret Darwinius as anthropoid, but the adapoid primates it represents deserve more careful comparison with higher primates than they have received in the past.

Darwinius masillae is important in being exceptionally well preserved and providing a much more complete understanding of the paleobiology of an Eocene primate than was available in the past.

The Source

If you note the highlighted passage, in fact the authors say it is not an anthropoid.

So Im not sure what the new guy is debunking.

Did he even read thier paper or did he get all worked up over the history channel program.

And the disc. channel is just taking a swipe at a competitor.

Darwinius masillae represents the most complete fossil primate ever found, including both skeleton, soft body outline and contents of the digestive tract. Study of all these features allows a fairly complete reconstruction of life history, locomotion, and diet. Any future study of Eocene-Oligocene primates should benefit from information preserved in the Darwinius holotype. Of particular importance to phylogenetic studies, the absence of a toilet claw and a toothcomb demonstrates that Darwinius masillae is not simply a fossil lemur, but part of a larger group of primates, Adapoidea, representative 1of the early haplorhine diversification.

In fact during thier studies they discovered that parts of one half of the fossil, it was slit into two plates, were faked.

its a very interesting read

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I saw it as a Lemur too... but this is the process that Science is...

You can't get angry at the dynamic nature of science, theories are presented and then others come and improve upon those theories... and in the process some are completely debunked.... this doesn't make it a hoax... it makes it the scientific method...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join