It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A particle God doesn't want us to discover

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
It's obvious the inmates are running the asylum....

This just proves that all humans will create wild conjecture to describe what's going on...

Everyone is an inmate, some think they're the staff.

This, as you call it in your language, "wild conjecture", gives me a reason and a purpose. Perhaps there are no atheists in a proverbial foxhole either.

Oh I thought the first part... "Abhorrent to nature" made sense, in much the same way that Newton stated that "Nature abhors a vacuum".

But to aply an anthropomorphic quality onto a particle of all things, just takes the golden award for arrogance.

Is it incredibly difficult to generate one of these particles? Sure.. might the difficulties even manifest themselves in the circumstantial fabric of human consciousness?... Possibly.

Would the difficulties be due to something moving backwards in time? Where is Ockhams razor when you need it!?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It's ironic given our accelerated development in science to the level where we are dealing with elemental particles that "religious" and "magical" thinking is still brought into the picture.

We all have different notions of what God is. But we should at least realize He is a bit more complex than a chef who is trying to hide his secret recipe.

M

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Perhaps it's only abhorrent if what we become as a result of having more of the knowledge of the angels is abhorrent. So, one or more of us has to make a covenant that we shall use the knowledge in accordance with His ways or else take the burden for the misdeeds of those that misuse it as they will have become otherwise irredeemable.

Who's up for it? Any takers? Do we want to get this thing off the ground or not?

And no, the black holes are not to be used just to dispose of unwanted waste so we can exploit natural resources without dumping concerns.

Ok, am I reaching now?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

A theory, a machine which gives the theory a credible test doesn't work, what does it mean? The theory is F@ked. Scientists just don't want to start over again. Think historians, they are pretty similar. They don't want to squash all the hard work.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
And no, the black holes are not to be used just to dispose of unwanted waste so we can exploit natural resources without dumping concerns.

Ok, am I reaching now?

You're reaching me. That's a pretty awesome idea
Hopefully it doesn't teleport the waste to my bedroom or the innocent land of the pink elephants, otherwise, I say turn the LHC back on and lets get that plan of attack going!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

I think there is a very distinct possibility that the LHC has already done what it was designed to do.

Think about all the crazy things that are going on.

I would like to add one more thing...

THESE STUPID JERKS ARE THE SAME PEOPLE TELLIN ME I AM DESTROYING THE PLANET BY FARTING. Atleast I'm not creating galactic BOMBS!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Not buying it.

I could see it if they ran it up to full power and some unexpected instability showed up and caused it to fail... or if the amount of energy put in mysteriously disappeared or set up some destructive interference... but to have a torid magnet blow out during initial tune ups doesn't really fit the bill. That's more of a jinx thing... or sabotage... or a lack of Q&A... or incompetence.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON

This is interesting scientists at Cern's Large Hadron Collider are begining to believe that all of Cern's breakdowns and recent problems are far more than coincidental. It is believed that the LHC could produce tiny Black holes in trying to reproduce the" Big Bang Theory". LHC scientists believe , the collider may be sabotaging itself from the future, preventing the machine to fulfill its destiny. A kind of time paradox if you will. Still we are insistent to proceed with the expierment like kids playing with matches , about to get burned.

Yes, there is a saying:

God first tickles you with a feather....then he smacks you upside the head with a two-by-four.

I think this is the feather. I hate to see the two-by-four! lol!

[edit on 21-10-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
I think there is a very distinct possibility that the LHC has already done what it was designed to do.

Think about all the crazy things that are going on.

What exactly are you suggesting here? I am not following.

The LHC succeeded in smashing particles together and granted us new knowledge of the Universe? And then with that knowledge we got economical instability and international unrest?

Or are you saying it made a black hole and all that crazy stuff that's going on is a result of... that black hole..

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
for it to sabotage itself from the future via some effect caused by unleashing the higgs or whatever supposed thing could do this it would have to succeed at least once. . . . unless im mistaken we've just gotten started

even if time travel is possible it would require multiple time lines in multiple universes. "Time" in the individual universe would still be linear and causality only works in one direction.

Thermodynamics simply does not allow for time travel on a linear time line. It seems to be a rule of thermodynamics that retrocausality is a physical impossibility. Not only would things have to occur at superluminous speeds, but every experiment into entropy would have to completely re-analyzed

On a side note I know its been a long time since this article came out (couple months) I just noticed this thread today

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
All I have to say about this topic is this:

"(...)your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."---Ian Malcolm

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

you mean Michael Chrichton right? Ian Malcolm was a fictional character.

everyone's gone crazy

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The large hadron collider is a joke. Scientists are looking for something called the God Particle. What they don't understand is, the God Particle can pass through physical barriers, so even if the hadron collider is creating this particle, it doesn't stick around inside for them to find it, it's passing through the walls of the damn thing. The God Particle, is like, the key to the universe, it can pass through any barrier, yet, it connects all matter. The evidence of it is all around us, on earth, and in the vastness of space. It's something beyond our understanding. The God Particle is something that is created during sex in living things. Scientists have never been able to figure out how life becomes out of sperm and egg. They just know it becomes CONSCIOUS. Our consciousness, is the God Particle, working within us. It leaves our body when we die. Thoughts have mass, souls have mass. Every living thing on this planet has a soul. The purpose of life, is the universal consciousness trying to figure itself out. We are all connected. The earth is connected to the sun, the sun is connected to the galaxy, the galaxy is connected to the universe, and the universe is connected to everything. We all come from the same energy, which cannot be destroyed, only transformed. So technically,we are all gods. The human brain only uses 10% of its capability. Imagine what it could do with a full 100% We'd be capable of telepathy, and more. Like flocks of birds that can turn on a dime and never collide. Schools of fish do the same thing. Because they have a higher understanding of their consciousness. Everything on the planet has a system, the food chain as we know it. Break one link in the chain and everything falls apart. That is how connected we are. Without the sun we can't survive, just like we couldn't survive without mosquitoes, because many birds and other animals count on mosquites for their source of food. So to discover the God Particle, the large hadron collider is looking for, would be to discover the origin of life itself. Which is exactly why it is beyond our understanding.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
for it to sabotage itself from the future via some effect caused by unleashing the higgs or whatever supposed thing could do this it would have to succeed at least once. . . . unless im mistaken we've just gotten started

even if time travel is possible it would require multiple time lines in multiple universes. "Time" in the individual universe would still be linear and causality only works in one direction.

Thermodynamics simply does not allow for time travel on a linear time line. It seems to be a rule of thermodynamics that retrocausality is a physical impossibility. Not only would things have to occur at superluminous speeds, but every experiment into entropy would have to completely re-analyzed

On a side note I know its been a long time since this article came out (couple months) I just noticed this thread today

Agreed .... and if we live in a multiple timeline universe, then I dont think its possible for us to be nothing more than a simulation ... so I dont think timetravel to the past is possible, yes, to the future is already proven ...

andersoninstitute.com say they have a time control machine already working, slow and speed up time...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

everyone's gone crazy

Give me a flippin' break. It was an excellent quote that applied to this topic of discussion. It doesn't matter where it came from. It's a matter of ethics. And no, I am not crazy.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So ridiculous!!!!! What would even warrant the beleif that a machine could do this? It isn't AI its a manmade machine that doesn't even have a brain, no harddrive, nothing to actually make it capable of sabotaging itself.

And the ridiculous notion that God wants us to remain ignorant naked buffoons in the bush used as the typical religious zealots excuse, God wants us to learn everything about everything, that is OUR purpose, people!!!!Sheesh!!!!

[edit on 11-2-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

everyone's gone crazy

Give me a flippin' break. It was an excellent quote that applied to this topic of discussion. It doesn't matter where it came from. It's a matter of ethics. And no, I am not crazy.

So sorry. I didn't mean it to offend you. If you didn't notice in my signature i quote an alien and a bunch of dolphins.

It was just a joke. I apologize

top topics

<< 1   >>

join