It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA New Rocket and Oct 26th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Was up late last night, caught some ABC news where they were discussing NASA testing a new rocket to the moon in a week or so as I remember them saying. A week or so puts us around October 26th, a date that has apparently been of some debate with the Timewave.

I have no idea or information as to whether or not this is the novelty that has been discussed, but it seems as if it would be of enough impact on the world to register.

Just trying to share some info.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just an idea and it may be a dumb on at that but maybe the alien civilization see's this rocket as an attack on them and they shoot it "down" so to speak. In this event we will know nothing because NASA is the master at covering everything up *cough cough* Anyways if we are constantly shooting things at the moon then, if I were the aliens, I would do something about it. Or they see it as an act of war and launch an attack on us...God Forbid!!!
Just shooting out some ideas...

LifENcircleS

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
They are launching the Ares 1 rocket.

Ares means "God of war".

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
LOL yeah NASA isn't exactly the smartest when it came to naming this one! It bothers me that they are flaunting this in our faces. I really hope they don't start a war with a technologically superior race of aliens!

LifENcircleS

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LifENcircleS

I think the Anunnaki are playing their cards here..
They have wiped uou humanity before, and it looks like they are at it again.

c'mon, look around, all wierd things that is going on makes no sence, and what is worse, no seems to oppose them...

The bible makes no sence, because the anunnaki remnats wrote it in that way...
They wants to makes sure their slaves bow down to them when/if they apear out of hiding...

Cow Fart taxes ?? 40" screens will be illigal due to 'climate littering' ? Come On guys !!! Some thing is up ,and it aint just bad discisions from the politicians, there are much more at work here.....

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
sweet, i'm not the only one who saw this and saw something beyond what they were saying...

i guess i'm getting the ATS mindset down.

and yea...i noticed that too about the name, but didn't know for sure so i didn't post it. (and im too lazy to google that mess)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

COW FART TAXES??? Are you for real? Is there actually a cow fart tax?

So funny I am dying here of laughter! But yeah I get your point here. It does seem as if something is going down! Then again we are conspiracy theorist so we always think something is going down

We will see soon enough...

LifENcircleS

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Apparently the Ares is the successor to the Space Shuttle program.

Here's some information.

Amid uncertainty, NASA plans for Ares 1-X test flight

As the incoming Obama administration considers whether to accelerate development of the Ares 1 rocket that will replace the space shuttle - or possibly change course and switch to a different system or even extend shuttle operations - NASA is pressing ahead with plans to launch a critical sub-orbital test flight to show off the new rocket and collect valuable engineering data.

The goals of the unmanned Ares 1-X mission are to help engineers resolve questions about launch vibration, roll control, aerodynamic forces and thermal effects, as well as test stage separation systems and recovery of the spent first stage using new 150-foot-wide parachutes.

Equally important, perhaps, the test flight will give American taxpayers their first real glimpse of the new Constellation program and the towering, slender rocket intended to replace the space shuttle after it is retired in 2010.

Ares 1

NASA completed the Ares I system requirements review in January 2007.[20] Project design is to continue through the end of 2009, with development and qualification testing running concurrently through 2012. As of July 2009, flight articles are to begin production towards the end of 2009 for a first launch in June 2011.[28] Since 2006 the first launch of a human has been planned for no later than 2014,[29] which is four years after the planned retirement of the Space Shuttle.

Delays in the Ares I development schedule due to budgetary pressures and unforeseen engineering and technical difficulties have increased the gap between the end of the Space Shuttle program and the first operational flight of Ares I.[30] The total estimated cost to develop the Ares I through 2015 has risen from $28 billion in 2006 to more than $40 billion in 2009.[31]

Originally scheduled for first test flights in 2011, the Augustine Commission recently found that Ares I was unlikely to launch with a crewed payload before 2017 due to budget constraints.[32]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

thanks for the more info!

im kind of curious, if we accept the govs explanation that for why we never went back to the moon,(isn't it just bc we learned all we could) what is their explanation for going there now?

jra

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The launch is scheduled for some time between October 27th - 29th.

I also want to reiterate that the Ares 1-X will not go into orbit, it's an atmospheric test. The goal of the Ares 1-X is to test the flight control system, the first stage separation, and a number of other things. The first stage is a 4-segment SRB. The final design of the Ares-1 will have a 5-segment SRB. The second stage of the rocket is a mock-up and doesn't have any functioning engines.

The Ares 1-X is the first of three tests. The Ares 1-Y will be a sub-orbital test and it will have a 5-segment SRB. Orion 1 will be a test of a complete Ares-1 rocket, plus an unmanned Orion capsule.

Some links:
Ares I-X factsheet (1MB .PDF)
Ares I-X specifications (8MB .PDF)

Originally posted by Copernicus
They are launching the Ares 1 rocket.

Ares means "God of war".

Ares is the Greek equivalent of the Roman god, Mars. Along with the plans to return to the Moon, it is hoped that the Ares rockets will also be used to bring astronauts to Mars one day. I believe that inspired the name "Ares" for the two rockets (the Ares I and the Ares V).

[edit on 20-10-2009 by jra]

new topics

top topics

join