It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet is comming fast and huge!!!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I have been following this post with great interest. Any news on where this is set to hit?

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i'm back

anyway, the chances of us NOT noticing this thing, amatuer astronomers, NASA, the papalcy, grow slimmer everyday. if the odds are a million to one that we won't find this thing before it 'hits' then we have a 6000 man probability that we'll see it. i don't much will happen here on earth other than maybe a meteor shower. if we do want it to hit earth, where? i think it'd be good if it hit antarctica, i do recall hearing it's coming from the southern hemisphere.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Oh man I hope it misses Australia, I woould wiss my Fosters fix!

[Edited on 8-5-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeBriggsiggs19
I have been following this post with great interest. Any news on where this is set to hit?

Nowhere.

There is nothing scheduled to hit the Earth (beyond the usual small stuff.)

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius
...planet x theory is based uppon irregularities in some planets' orbits suggesting that there is an unknown huge object that is orbiting the Sun that is the reason for these iregularities because of it's gravitation field...

If these irregularities are based on visual observations, we could perhaps go to good old Einstein for the explanation: Light is particles and is like everything else influenced by gravity. The irregularities in the planets' orbits could actually be false images. Using the gravitational pull from let's say Jupiter you can actually see what's behind the planet, for it's gravitation pulls the light particles and gives us a false image of reality. An object we see at coordinates x,y,z in the sky might be x-1,y+1,z+1 because of Jupiters gravity. And if these observations were made from a ground based observatory, weather and time of day is also an issue I guess.

I'm dfinately not an expert on this, so it would be great if someone with the right knowledge and education filled me out here. Is it possible that such optical displacements could occur within our own solar system?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Meteors Take Same Route Close to Earth
09-May-2003

A meteor that exploded over central Europe in 2002 had almost the identical orbit as a meteorite that fell to Earth in 1959. Despite this, the two meteorites were not similar in composition, so they didn't have the same origin. Does this mean that there's some kind of orbit close to the Earth that attracts space rocks?
Researchers say, "This paired meteorite fall is probably not a coincidence," but don't know why the two meteorites were in the same orbit. They were also different ages: The 2002 meteorite had been in space for 48 million years but the 1959 object was around for only 12 million years before falling to Earth.
www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Mesa feel dat deeze hole thread will be nominated for da moron-awardz, gee za?

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Mesa feel dat deeze hole thread will be nominated for da moron-awardz, gee za?

Mee-sa agree!

To answer your question about light and the gravitational anomalies, in a word: "no." It was simply a poorer model of orbital mechanics. Re-measuring and applying the new model reveals no outer planet peturbations.

This doesn't eliminate something being very very far out there... but it has as much gravitational effect on the planets as the nearest fire station has on your body.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
...but it has as much gravitational effect on the planets as the nearest fire station has on your body.

What if someone threw a firestation on me...

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
...but it has as much gravitational effect on the planets as the nearest fire station has on your body.

What if someone threw a firestation on me...

Meesa think yousa have one bom-bom headache! Meesa think this teacha yousa minds yousa mannerin aroun' Godzilla!

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
"I dont have one, but can very easily take and post a pic of my hairy a$$ if you would like. Quite honestly, I would be happy to do so, assuming that we are still here on the 15th..."

well i think the fact we are still here will suit me, not sure I`d survive seeing a pic of the aformentioned bumhole

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, here we are.

Im not one to duck something, so here I am.

I did say that if we were still here, I would tune up in my best Mel Torme impression and sing, specifically to Byrd, Your the tops baby!! (Yes, go ahead and say I told you so)

*Tuning up as Mel Torme*

"Your the tops baaaaaabbbyyyyy!!!!!!"

I also promised you a nice pic of my hairy a$$ in leau of me doing the strip tease as I sing.

www.rattownrecords.com...

But, I would like to point out, through my current humility, that I do in fact enjoy the opportunity to sit it out and enjoy being the butt of ATS jokes, and owing the ATS community a collective beer (ok, several beers, TC, line em up!), mainly because that means that we are in fact all here to enjoy my humility en masse!

As much as I am sure Byrd will have fun shooting this down, this is my personal suspicion... the operation with HAARP that I documented was apparently successful. So I guess that the guys at Gakona really did know what the hell they were doing... placing faith in the government to get anything right is far scarier than anything else!

In any event, I submit myself to your humiliation, please have fun with it!

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
I also promised you a nice pic of my hairy a$$ in leau of me doing the strip tease as I sing.

I'm especially extatic that the burn you have there has the shape of a map over Northern Scandinavia, and bungwhole itself seems to be somewhere in Denmark

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 16-5-2003 by mikromarius]

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
PS, due to ATS auto-censor, you will have to manually type in the URL to my hairy a$$ pic, and where it says bottom, type in a$$

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I saw from the website that you burnt yourself on a rocket(!) Is this why you call yourself Dragonrider? Ever been to a Turbonegro concert? Hank von Helvete (Hell), the singer, has been perfecting the art of a55 launged pyro over the passed decades. Check out their latest album, it's out now-ish and they've been touring as support for Queensofthestoneage in the US lately I think... Their greatest album ever, A55 Cobra, should be avail. on import atleast. Their incredibly twisted lyrics combined with 100% pure rock'n'roll and a55-fired pyro-fountains makes virtually any day tolerable.

By the way, check out the webpages I'm developing for this prog.rock band called Wicked View:

www.wickedview.tk...

!--err. looks like the dot.tk server is still down, try home.chello.no... if you can't connect via wickedview.tk --!

Please note that the pages are under development and texts etc. aren't finished yet, but the design and communication platform is more or less complete I believe, and atleast one old song is ready for download with an old singer (I'll notify you all when their coming album will be available for download later) and 17 pictures are available.

Blessings,
Mikromarius, the Strange Rock Bloke

[Edited on 16-5-2003 by mikromarius]

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Earth Probe TOMS went into safehold mode at 0025 UTC on May 15, 2003.

toms.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Seems strange doesn't it.

It covers the Southern Hemisphere .

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
On hold for a week... hmmm... Well, we'll see what happens...

Mikromarius, that wasnt my a$$ in the pic, put was representative... I dont have any place to host pics of me, but if someone really wants to host a pic of my hairy a$$, I will be quite happy to show you what it looks like.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
www.gulufuture.com...

I think this is the exact link you are looking for.
homepage.eircom.net...

It does make you wonder if we are going to have a deep imapct in our life time.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   

On hold for a week... hmmm... Well, we'll see what happens...

Mikromarius, that wasnt my a$$ in the pic, put was representative... I dont have any place to host pics of me, but if someone really wants to host a pic of my hairy a$$, I will be quite happy to show you what it looks like.

Think it's best to leave it like it is. I don't think the world is ready for you yet. I'm satisfied. Afterall it was quite amusing to see you before me with a rocket in your @ss and a t-shirt that has caught fire singing old radio hits... You couldn't beat that live anyway...

Mikro

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join