It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet is comming fast and huge!!!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
Didnt they make some really corny movie about a comet coming and everybody knew they where gonna die so it was complete chaos. I cant remember what it was called but in the end it never hit. It was called Last Night or something. Anybody remember?

I think you are referring to Night of The Comet, a campy B horror-comedy they made back in the 80's.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

By 2880, we'll have the moon and mars colonized. We'll probably have mining operations all around our solar system. We may even have reached Alpha Centauri by then.

I'm happy those projections aren't like 2004 or something ;p

Yeah tahts if we dont have massive world wide wars and kill ourselves off inthe process or devestate us enough so that we cant do anything about the asteroid

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
www.hohmanntransfer.com...

There are two on watch and two have been removed from the threat list.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yipee!
Hurrah!
I hope that comet comes and smacks some sense into this insane world!

Maybe if it does hit, the government will have to unleash it's secret weapons to blow the dang thing up!!

Seriously, I hope the comet comes strong and hard!!

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Sorry to be the one to break this news, but a new Earth Impactor Asteroid has just been announced by NEODys, and this one...

1) Is very big
2) Is on the same order of magnitude of impact probability as 2001AV43
3) Will possibly impact the Earth in the very near future!

www.arlingtoninstitute.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 03:10 AM
link   
zetatalk.com...

The address above is of a scary picture the owner of Skywatch took about a week ago. Below is a crop circle that appeared about two months ago.

zetatalk.com...

Why isn't anyone talking about this? This is pretty serious if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
the story of this comet has been in the news here... everybody laughed about it and noone worries..

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Alleged NASA Cover-up of Menacing 'NEAT' Comet Threat is Pure Bunk, Experts Say

www.space.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagle
Yipee!
Hurrah!
I hope that comet comes and smacks some sense into this insane world!

Maybe if it does hit, the government will have to unleash it's secret weapons to blow the dang thing up!!

Seriously, I hope the comet comes strong and hard!!

ARE YOU MAD!

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well, what about nibaru? It was supposed to hit sometime in May 03' Obviously never did.

For a planet that was supposed to have an elliptical orbit, which passed us every 8000 years, it seems we would have seen it in the sky WAYY ahead of time. Yet, we didnt.

There are still websites on the net for the preperation of planetX, which I still feel is horse #.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo
I think you are referring to Night of The Comet, a campy B horror-comedy they made back in the 80's.

Hey, that was a great movie. I remember watching it as a child. I'd love to have the world to myself, after ridding it of zombies, of course.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crowley
Well, what about nibaru? It was supposed to hit sometime in May 03' Obviously never did.

For a planet that was supposed to have an elliptical orbit, which passed us every 8000 years, it seems we would have seen it in the sky WAYY ahead of time. Yet, we didnt.

There are still websites on the net for the preperation of planetX, which I still feel is horse #.

yeah the dates given are full of #.. i still think the theory is sound..

i think its possible.. but if it will happen i highly doubt

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Remember the last BIG COMET, both Huge & Fast ?!

HALE-BOP

& the Heavens Gate cult
was the only big judgement & purification
that IT made on terra firma.

Did any of youse get traction on the Hale-Bop or the
Heavens Gate web site?? or talk at any Forum??

or is that Tabboo
and/or sensitive for this thread
~~~bo peep~~~yeah, that's the name...sorrry,

are you sure about that being a 1980s B si-fi flick??
cause i have faint fuzzy image of a B&W '50s B flick for saturday matinees or 3- for-1 drive-in movie fodder, and no it wasn't 'the day the earth stood still' when the 1st international blackout & power grid collapse occurred after a 24 hr warning....

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraffalunas
Remember the last BIG COMET, both Huge & Fast ?!

HALE-BOP

& the Heavens Gate cult
was the only big judgement & purification
that IT made on terra firma.

Did any of youse get traction on the Hale-Bop or the
Heavens Gate web site?? or talk at any Forum??

or is that Tabboo
and/or sensitive for this thread
~~~bo peep~~~yeah, that's the name...sorrry,

are you sure about that being a 1980s B si-fi flick??
cause i have faint fuzzy image of a B&W '50s B flick for saturday matinees or 3- for-1 drive-in movie fodder, and no it wasn't 'the day the earth stood still' when the 1st international blackout & power grid collapse occurred after a 24 hr warning....

I've been wondering why Chuck Shramek , the guy who took the first photo of the anomoly along side the comet died so soon after. If you try to look up Chucks website you can't. Not even using the way-back machine. The archive is locked and the farsight institute has most of their web pages scoured clean as well. I know I used to read then all the time.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
go to: neat.jpl.nasa.gov...
it is a web site that tracks asteroids and other objects near Earth.

[Edited on 23-12-2003 by nobody]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is from another board. There are others out there who are on to the same things as we are...

From another poster on another forum.

Pay attention to the last paragraph, that is the info for preppers.

.............................................................................What real comet? Well, chances are, you haven�t heard of C/2002 V1, or Comet NEAT yet, but you will�

In the middle of September 2002, around the equinox, a large cometary body, twice the size of Pluto, plunged through the asteroid belt into the inner solar system headed on what could only be called a close encounter trajectory with our sun. It brightened rapidly and on November 6th 2002 was discovered by NASA�s Near Earth Asteroid Tracking, or NEAT, program as it emerged from the asteroid belt. Closer examination showed that it was not an asteroid, but a strange nickel/irridum rich snowball of a comet.

It came from the direction of the constellation Pegasus and after swooping around our sun inside the orbit of Mercury would head off again in a long, one and one half a precessional cycle orbit of between 37,000 thousand and 39, 000 years. The last time it visited, modern man had yet to develop from the earlier homonids. A few thousands years later, the Neanderthal was extinct and Homo sapiens sapiens, or monkey too smart for his own good (also known as killer monkey for what they did to the Neanderthal), was the lord and master of the planet. Is it our turn, when, as Nostradamus reminds us, the comet shall pass?

The comet was visible, though not with the naked eye, to those who knew where to look when the space shuttle went down. As the Columbia streaked east into the dawn and her doom, the faintest traces of the glow of the comet could be seen just below Pegasus and just above the juncture of Pisces and Aquarius. Ten days later, it could be seen with the naked eye in the moments just before dawn, a tiny silver star on the horizon.

And then it plunged too close to the sun to be seen, except by NASA�s SOHO solar observatory. As SOHO watched the object�s close encounter with the sun, pulses and flares erupted and on February 18th an enormous coronal mass ejection surged out from the sun and swatted the comet as it passed. And then the fun began�

One day after the CME struck the comet, the Homeland Security folks issued a very serious toned warning about preparing for a disaster or a terrorist attack. Included were provisions for �clean air� such as �sealing doors and windows with duct tape and using heavy-duty plastic bags. The person should also try to keep the nose/mouth clear of any dust (you should have a dust/comfort mask handy). Read the steps for �clean air� as advised by the Homeland Security Department.�

www.ready.gov...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
so thats what this feb 9th thing is all about, in that case something might happen on the 16th also and march 1st

and if you go to feb 13th it says it will only be .16 au's away from earth , is that an error?

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by weeman]

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by weeman]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
how is it possible for the orbits to be on the exact same plane

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
www.gulufuture.com...

...and here we are almost two years later; no comet collision. no disasters from space. You "government hiding an impending disaster" conspiracy theorists must be disappointed

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join