It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could meet one person from history, who would it be and why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Here's something that I've been thinking about for a long time: if I could meet anyone from history, who would I meet?

Well, there's Julius Caesar of course. I'd love to ask him about his conquest against the Gauls and his take over of the sacred Roman Republic. But there is also someone like Mohandas Gandhi. His pacifism and staring into the eyes of fear and violence. How could he endure that?

The main person that I would like to meet, however, is Jesus Christ. I mean, I could ask him so much about life and its meaning, God and the universe, death and what happens next.

But I must ask you, my fellow ATSers, who would you like to meet if you had the chance? Michalangelo? Leonardo da Vinci? Maybe a father you never knew, or a mother that died in child birth?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
My great great grandchildren from the future.

So I can see just how bad I screwed up. This way I could chart a better course for myself and those around me.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Jesus Christ for sure - You say meet but I would like to witness the crucifixion and resurrection.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Tesla for sure. I'd want to see all the things he created that are supposedly now under wraps. He was a genious, under appreciated and oft overlooked.

he just did so much ahead of his time its incredible. I'd like to know where he got his inspiration.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ineverknew

The guy who destroyed the information on how, why and by whom the great pyramid was built and kick him right in the teeth!

[edit on 19-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Let me think. Maybe The Buddha, he would be pretty interesting to talk to.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The guy who destroyed the information on how and why the great pyramid was built and kick him right in the teeth!

Ahh but what if it was a chick?

Regardless, I will join in with you on the teeth kicking.

Good one hehe.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Lazarus. He died and was brought back to life.

He could explain the whole life after death scenario.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It would be my ex wife and I wouldn't ask her to marry me.

I am still skint after divorcing her 8 years ago, bloody child support, worked out very unfairly here in the UK!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
John Titor.......for obvious reasons.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Oh yeah, forgot about him lol.

Do we get 5 wishes ....??

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
sanchoearlyjones

a great fisherman and thinker

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

He should be growing up in New York somewhere right now, right?

Myself about 23 years ago. Give him a heads up on a few things that were coming and instruct him on how to correct a few things.

Either that or just about 17 years ago, pet my cat and write down a series of numbers that I should have wrote down when I awoke from the dream where I saw them draw the lottery numbers.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Or at least the guy who claimed to be Titor. I would also like to add myself so I could give me a list of future stockprices and a whole bunch of cash.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Or at least the guy who claimed to be Titor. I would also like to add myself so I could give me a list of future stockprices and a whole bunch of cash.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I would meet either Jesus Christ or Thomas Jefferson. Jesus to see if what the bible says is true and Tom because hes my favorite president and founding father of all time and I would like to see what they reallyt meant by the "right to keep and bear arms" and the other amendments. (I take the bill of rights at face value, but just to prove anti-gun nuts wrong
.)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I would want to meet Nostradamus because I want to see what he was on when he came up with those visions.

It also would be interesting to see if his visions for the third anti christ match that of a pathological african liar in office right now.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Adam. To tell him to keep his rib where it belongs.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Adam. To tell him to keep his rib where it belongs.

oh now com'on we all like the ladies (well i do anyway) . but meeting the first people or person on the planet would be incredible . . . if you could understand them . . . or their pictographs

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

I think it was very clear that they meant the right to keep the arms of bears.

Okay here's a new one, how about Moses? Then we could find out what he was smoking when the burning bush started talking to him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join