It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could meet one person from history, who would it be and why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Wow, lots of Teslas :p He is an interesting guy, though, that's for sure! Lots of Jesus, too, but that's no surprise.

I'd like to meet Joseph Smith. I'd love to talk to him about the early days of the Mormon church. Being a Mormon, this is naturally of interest to me, though likely not to most other people.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Jesus Christ for sure - You say meet but I would like to witness the crucifixion and resurrection.

You would probably find that people where mostly cheering, knowing people.

For me no one from history, but diego maradona, who is still alive. The geezer beat england by himself, lol and was the only footie player to win the world cup by himself.

Foir beating england and scoring the greatest goal ever against them, i applaud him.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Jesus Christ

I'm not a christian. But yes, assuming all language difficulties were dealt with, if I could sit down and chat for a few hours with any person in history...it would be Jesus. Either way...wrong or right...it would solve so many problems.

Though if the decision were made by the heart instead of the head, I'd choose Joan of Arc. To be in her presence, to look into her eyes, to hold her closely in silence...it would make my heart happy.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Queen Christina of Sweden (1626-1689). A remarkable lady with a wide range of interests who abdicated the throne to pursue Rosicrucian and alchemical studies. What an interesting conversation you could have with her.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I would like to meet my father, pre-1963 (my birth yr).

I would clue him in on some difficulties he would have in his marriage that would have far reaching ramifications. He and mom were married for 38yrs, but some stuff could have been avoided.

I would caution him about his health, in the future it would be his preventable down fall.

I would also talk to him about his future eldest son, not at all like him, but that's ok, you can still be close.

Otherwise, I would just want to sit and talk with him, my pop died at 52, I'm now 46...finally reaching parity...I would like to hear his opinion on things...I feel like I had to figure out alot by myself.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
Tesla for sure. I'd want to see all the things he created that are supposedly now under wraps. He was a genious, under appreciated and oft overlooked.

he just did so much ahead of his time its incredible. I'd like to know where he got his inspiration.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by constantwonder]

Me too. I would want to meet Tesla. This guy was hundreds of years beyond his time. Most of his work is still top secret.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Could be a wasted wish though...i would rather meet someone i knew actually existed.No,im not trying to start a flame war simply stating what is factual.As for wanting to shoot marx in the head like another poster stated,read his book..then compare to regimes that were *supposedly* marxist communist,or alteast influenced.You will be surprised.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I would hang out with Terence McKenna in the jungle

Or perhaps the head honcho of the Maya's, just to find out what conquistadores stole and gave to the vatican...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Cleopatra.

And I would bring Megan Fox with me to meet her

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by silver tongue devil

Supposedly Cleopatra had quite the collection of STD's...unless i am misinterpreting your future actions with such people.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Could be a wasted wish though...i would rather meet
someone i knew actually existed.

Ahh...but see, that's the beauty of choosing to meet Jesus. If he never existed, then all the questions I would have asked would be answered anyway.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
At least some of them have existed: Quetzalcoatl, Krishna, Buddha, Enoch, Abraham, Noah, Jesus, Socrates, Haidakhan Babaji, Gandhi, some antediluvian lady

I'd love to set up a group meeting with these fellows (and the lady) ...
As for the why: they could share unbelievable knowledge - historical, spiritual, universal ... and it would be a most unique experience, of course

[edit on 20/10/09 by Movhisattva]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just only one? That is tough, as there are quite a few who I would like to sit down and talk to, or listen to. My first choice would be Dr. Benjamin Franklin, one of the founding fathers. Even though he was in politics, he managed to make fun and enjoy life.
Then the following people:
John Kennedy, for his take on how to correct the problems of the country
J. Edgar Hoover, the person who ran the FBI and how he managed to accumulate all that information on the people, and where those files are.
All of the founding fathers, Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth I, Thereau, Mahatma Ghandi, and Sun Tzu.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'd like to meet Edward Leedskalnin, the guy who single-handedly built Coral Castle. Apparently, he claimed to know the secret behind the pyramids and how they were created.

I'd also like to know about the "secret number" he left behind.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by silver tongue devil

Supposedly Cleopatra had quite the collection of STD's...unless i am misinterpreting your future actions with such people.

Well that's where Megan Fox comes in

I think when I am rematerialized through time travel I will be purged...as I can't bring the past with me to the future right??

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I would like to meet the head "engineer" of the Nazca lines.

I would want to find out why they were constructed and who was intended to see them.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I, for some reason, would like to see Buddha.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Bruce Lee: the "inventor" of Mixed-Martial Arts. A man that not only was a fighter, he was also a philosopher. An example of character.

Socrates: It would be funny to see him confusing his fellow citzens.

Santos Dumont: THE REAL INVENTOR of the first Air Plane that could really fly. He also invented the wristwatch.

Solomon: very wise man.

Jesus: a leader, a charismatic man, a revolutionary, the master of reframe, a very envolved being and... as a friend I would have wine for all my life.

Casanova: would be fun to pickup girls with him as my wingman.

PT Barnum: I could learn some showmanship and I also could see Jumbo!

John F. Kennedy: a model of how to lead a nation.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Jesus son of God and Mary.

Oh I do not know why. Just to say hi. How is it going up their? What's the weather like? What is the answer to everything?

someone hasn't been paying attention the answer to everything is 42. . . always has been always will be

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
I, for some reason, would like to see Buddha.

I'm interested to see that no one has said they'd like to meet Mohammad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join