It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could meet one person from history, who would it be and why?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
tesla will always be my first choice ,Then the man who suggested tony blair for govemnt so i can show him what happend...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hitler

So I could kick him in the testicles...well the one testicle....

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The first human to be self aware and have a reasonable grasp of language, to see how far we have come.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Probably George Washington. I'd like to know what he thought the chances of breaking away from English rule looked at at the beginning of the Revolution. I'd also like to know his perspective on why things went the way they did (leading up to the Revolution, during the war itself, etc). I'd also like to get his take on how the country has evolved since then, the post-War(s) relationship with England, the American Civil War, US participation in European wars, the "Cold" war, role of the military in a democratic society, as well as his take on a variety of "Bill of Rights" issues (freedom of speech, right to bare arms, etc.).

For me, it wouldn't be about wanting to meet somebody because I like them or worship them or such, it would just be interesting to get their perspective.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Hitler

So I could kick him in the testicles...well the one testicle....

WOW an unusually under analytical post from you there OZ humurous in the best sort of way.

but why not just show him the Hiroshima "incident" and ask him if thats what he would like to happen to Berlin. . . (even though it didn't) i bet he'd still be pissed that a bunch of GERMANS @ JEWS did what he couldn't

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Jesus. I have a few questions here for him

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Plato, so I could sit down with him and talk about his Republic and his other books, if it were a scenario where I could travel back in time would let him know that after all this time we are just learning what he wrote about and some of us actually embracing it.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hard decision, but I think I'd go with Tesla as well. I'd like to get some of his rumored zero point energy machines and perhaps schematics so I could leak it and give the world free energy. Tesla was under appreciated. If I could choose more than one person I would probably also choose Thomas Jefferson and some E.T.s.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Alexander the great or Karl Marx.Alexander because he was the greatest tactician the world has ever seen and Karl because of his great influence in the construction of modern communism.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Funny responses there in this here thread.

For me, it's by far: Nikola Tesla.

He's got to be the greatest mind ever. Period.

I read somewhere that Tesla, like Gandhi, came from the 6th Density to help usher humans to a fantastic age of rapid advancements and technological developments guided by wisdom. Well, we know how that turned out with the damn elites stopping/throttling him. Pox on the elites!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
myself a few years ago for obvious financial reasons, does that count?

other than that, probably Jesus... not sure if he would share any useful information... but it would still be very interesting.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I thinks someone has been watching Bill & Ted.

Go back and get some gengus, LOL

Sorry, but someone had to say it, LOL

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
yo- the Thoth !

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This is a good question and there are some really funny answers. Especially the guy who wants to meet Adam. That is gold but I do not agree, I could not live without Rachelle Leah in the world!!!

OK so I would probably go back and meet the "white civiliser" of the South American worlds. See who the guy really was.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Karl Marx when he was 12 years old. Then I could put a bullet in his head and save the world alot of grief.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
That is a tough one. Leonardo Da Vinci( If I could magically meet him then I need to magically speak his language.)

or a couple: John and Abigail Adams. They are both fascinating people, would like to hear their inputs on the revoloution, and ask what it was really like.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Jesus son of God and Mary.

Oh I do not know why. Just to say hi. How is it going up their? What's the weather like? What is the answer to everything?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Didn't you hear slayer, the US government sanctioned an investigation and spent 2.3 billion to find the answer.

When they asked the committee their answer was they were pretty sure it was a guy called Bob. For another 4 billion they were pretty sure they could confirm it.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I would love to meet most any Egyptian God, such as Ra, Hathor, Osiris or Thoth.

Obviously to find out how and why the Pyramids were built and what they were used for (if they even knew?)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
To benifit me now i would wanna meet...
Thomas Jefferson or Gouverneur Morris of Pennsylvania,

With the current US political problems I would want to have a talk with this man. Something about taking money/Lobbyist/donations out of the US government.Term limits for congressmen. Maybe have the 2nd admendment rewritten so liberals wouldnt have wiggle room to put restrictions of firearms. Basically talk about how the checks and balances have failed and numerous other problems we are struggleing with now.

I wonder what they would say if i told them about america in 2009.
Either go forth and reclaim the government for the people,...Or your crazy, people wouldnt give up their freedoms for security...would we???

Looking backwards to the past...
Alexander the great...just to study in the Library of Alexandria.How much of humanities history was lost in the Fire???

[edit on 20-10-2009 by CowboyDrifter]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join