It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know what the Swine flu is like? Here it is!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Everyone here should be taking a high quality vitamin/mineral supplement to strengthen your immune system!

My family and I had the virus (can't confirm it was H1N1, but had similar symptoms) but within 2 -3 days it was gone. My wife and I didn't even have to take a day off work (self employed so no office environment for us). We kept our kids out of school for two days just to make sure all was well.

I have to attibute it to the quality natural organic supplements we're taking not the wal-mart synthetic/artificial stuff that is sold in most stores. Specially, more so now due to the lack of nutritional value in a lot of the foods we consume today.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I'll admit I didn't read most of the thread, but thought I should chime in...

My friends, family and I all had this bug. It wasn't life threatening for anyone. I have asthma, and I smoke. For me, I woke up with a scratchy upperlung/throat and knew I was getting sick... By the end of the day (a full work day) I was coughing and had a decent fever going. Stayed home the next day feeling horrible. Went back to work on day 3 and shouldn't have, felt about 85% on day 4, and since then there has been a lingering cough, but again I have a compromised respiratory system.

I don't know why I needed to share... I guess what I really wanted to mention was that it wasn't the worst 'bug' I've ever had by a long shot... I think the only notable factor involved is the extreme communicability of the virus... EVERYONE got it. But still, Swine Flu is a joke...

Oh yeah, I Live in Tacoma (pacific northwest) also.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I overcame it (had it a week ago) by simply sitting it out.

It is really short lived, but you have the impression that a 200 lbs man was sitting on your head while you were sleeping

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

It is the flu, thats it.

Only the flu.

Its flu season for crying out loud and guess what that means? There is a higher chance of catching the flu, any strain of flu.

Im sick of trying to tell people this and I do not say this because its my opinion, its fact!

Id be as well getting a placard and walking around the streets at this rate.

This is a complete joke.

This topic should be called, "People get the flu, want to hear the symptoms?"

Swine flu as the media is describing, does not exist, there is no new strain!

If I was to post proof of that in an official document on this site, I would be in trouble. That does not mean however that it does not exist.

Heck, by the looks of it these days, it would not matter if the governments told everyone this, they would still be getting swine flu

I cant make myself more clear than that.

Not my opinion.

If anyone reads this and completely disregards this, at least read many of the replies in this topic and you will see exactly what I mean.

This is not a personal attack to anyone on this thread but an attempt to show people their own mental ward.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I had Swine Flu according to the doctor here (NL), so had 6 of my friends and another friend knew at least 8 who have had it.

They're all screaming and shouting that this flu would kill you, well.. it doesn't. I was ill for 8 days, had high fever, but i wasnt nauseous at all during the period.

I totally do not understand people who let their bodies be injected with poison of so called "vaccins" against Swine Flu. Heer in teh Netherlands 2 people died of it in all the time the disease is around, and those 2 had cancer in the last stadium, so in 4 wekes they would already be dead..

Well, dont worry about that flu is my message.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sossa77
I had Swine Flu according to the doctor here (NL), so had 6 of my friends and another friend knew at least 8 who have had it.

They're all screaming and shouting that this flu would kill you, well.. it doesn't. I was ill for 8 days, had high fever, but i wasnt nauseous at all during the period.

I totally do not understand people who let their bodies be injected with poison of so called "vaccins" against Swine Flu. Heer in teh Netherlands 2 people died of it in all the time the disease is around, and those 2 had cancer in the last stadium, so in 4 wekes they would already be dead..

Well, dont worry about that flu is my message.

Want to ask you one question if you do not mind.

How were you diagnosed as in, what exactly did the doctor do to diagnose you?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I felt a fever coming and felt tired, so i went to doctor because i knew a friend had it according to his doctor. The doctor asked me about my symptoms, and when I told him, he stated that it most probably was swine flu according to what my symptoms were..

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sossa77

Thats not a diagnosis though, its an opinion of the doctor.

Cant you see what I am getting at, to test for swine flu there are certain procedures that must be followed to obtain a correct diagnosis. There are hundreds of flu strains, its flu season. How the heck could anyone know what strain of flu you have by listening to symptoms that are all similar to each other?

Thanks for telling the truth.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
thanks for the information, cleared up some confusion i had about this thing going on and it scares me.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by sossa77

Thats not a diagnosis though, its an opinion of the doctor.

Cant you see what I am getting at, to test for swine flu there are certain procedures that must be followed to obtain a correct diagnosis. There are hundreds of flu strains, its flu season. How the heck could anyone know what strain of flu you have by listening to symptoms that are all similar to each other?

Thanks for telling the truth.

Well, my friend had a proper Flu test by a doctor, one other has been hospitalized and confirmed Swine Flu in the hospital..

But i do appreciate the fact that you state that one has to some research and not immediately do an assumption, I agree

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sossa77

That is not the original source though, ie, you.

All I am saying is that there are very, very few people who have had proper testing.

The stories I hear are always of friends or relatives, never the original person.

Im not saying swine flu does not exist, I am saying there is no new strain and I am also saying that very few if any people are being diagnosed properly and the reason for it is to mass vaccinate people in order to profit from it. As for the vaccination being harmful or not, everyone can read up on the vaccination, its all there in amongst the trash on the internet.

A lot of people do not know that you must give a sample within the first 24 - 72 hours after the first symptoms appear otherwise an accurate diagnosis cannot be obtained either. How many people go to the doctors within that time period?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
It is spreading like wildfire because of people like you in the medical industry that does not protect yourself or your family from what you are exposed to at work.

Throw all the infected in a waiting room togther reading the same magazines. Using the same clipboard to fill out the paperwork.

We need quarantine rooms in the hospitals or they will be the catalist that is the end of the human race. One bad disease and the medical industry will spread it faster than anything else could.

You should be ashamed of yourself for infecting your kids by not scrubbing up and keeping areas disinfected at work.

This is why the staph infections are so bad in the hospitals, medical peronnell do not protect themselves or their patients from infectious diseases.

I guess it is the same with their own heatlh. You see them all overweight sneaking out for their smoke breaks. How can you be in the medical industry and not practice what you preach?

If they have no respect for their own health how can they have any respect for the health of the patients in their care?

Besides check out the CDC website on the Swine Flu. August 30th they changed the way they track it to make it look worse than it is. Check out the map and you will see it getting better until August 30th. That is when they decided to count all Regular Flu and all Pneumonia casesas the swine flu. They are purposly manipulating the numbers and admit it on their own website.

God help us all!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Whether its swine flu, regular flu, a cold or whatever, I have n e v e r seen a fall like this one in my 61 years so far on earth.
The sheer volume of people all sick around the same time with something is unprecedented.

At a dinner party last week 6 out of 8 people there were sick.

I struggled with mild on and off symptoms for what seemed like weeks until I finally got hammered this past week myself, but fortunately feel on the mend again.

I do not know the reason for it, but you can't deny that this level of general sickness is much worse than the norm. Where are things heading? Will it tone down or get even worse this winter?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by sossa77

A lot of people do not know that you must give a sample within the first 24 - 72 hours after the first symptoms appear otherwise an accurate diagnosis cannot be obtained either. How many people go to the doctors within that time period?

My friend came home with the symptoms on a fridayevening, and went to a doctor on saturdays.. so well within the timeperiod of 72 hours..
And here in holland when in hospital they state you have Swine Flu, one might assume one has it..

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I just have to post about that nasal vaccine that has a live flu virus in it. Good way to spread the flu-have all the doctors and nurses be carriers for a few days until their immune system can kill it.

ENGLISH ACCENT-Simply Brilllliiiaaannt

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I have been following this Swine Flu thing ever since people on ATS started posting about it in the spring.
I had full intentions of not letting my kids go back to school in September as I thought we would be in a much more serious state of infection by then,but I started them on a daily dose of Omega 3,vitamin C and Anti -Histamines at the start of the summer so by the time they had to go back to school they would have some protection (and obviously crammed as much fruit and veg in them as they could tolerate and after that hiding it in their other food!!)
They do seem to be bringing home a few coughs and colds but at least not as ill as their classmates.
I cannot be sure whether there is rampant Swine Flu/Flu in my area of Cornwall as there is very little news about it and everybody seems very reticent to talk about it!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I've been sick recently but only a "cold" that made life miserable for a short while. Even though I'm out of shape and I have asthma, I don't drink soda anymore and as hard as it has been, I've tried to cut back down on junk food. Without much money, it gets harder to find quality food that's affordable. Since I'm unemployed and in a "leaky boat", I should try the food shelf and just hope that something comes up soon.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

You are a perfect example of what I was talking about in my other post.

They do not test for H1N1 anymore, around here because 99.6% of all the flu tests that came out possitive also were possitive for H1N1.

You are correct in saying that you have to be tested with in the first day or two, but only if you want or need to get tamiflu. My Dr. said it would show up for up days. For most the first day or two royaly suck so yea they go to the Dr. especially the kids.

There are several differences between the regular seasonal flu and H1N1. For starters, you remain contagious the entire time you have a cough! Not just while you have a fever. An other is the back and forth of symptoms. Also many people think they are out of the woods after the 5-7 day mark. What I am finding is that this darn thing wants to keep comming back. With the regular seasonal flu, when its gone its gone.

I am srtating to wonder if tamiflu keeps you from getting it bad enough to not get it again.

In our experience, its the last day and the days after that are the worst. By the time most of these kids are going to the hospital the flu has run its course. There have been kids flying to the ER with 104 and 105 temps due to pneumonia.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

I had something similar to what you describe around 4 years ago. Started with 2 days of sniffles, nausea and the poop-and-puke shuffle.

It was followed by a few weeks of coughing up green chunks. Finally kicked it with a combination of erythromycin and tetracycline from the aquarium store.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The biggest difference between swine flu and seasonal flu is fear. I took my son to the Dr and his flu test came back positive but they don't differentiate strains. I called in to work that my son had flu and i'd be out the rest of the day. My phone started ringing off the hook with people calling to ask if he really has swine flue, and everyone was very concerned. I told a friend that called that it was just like regular flu and he replied yeah, but it is fatal. The media has people scared for no reason. I have experienced it first hand and swine flu is just like seasonal flu.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join