It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know what the Swine flu is like? Here it is!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I have a acquaintance that is a General Practitioner Doctor, he just told a us last week 99% of the people that are coming into him with the flu, have swine flu. 99% right from the doctors mouth, most people get over it within two weeks.
This is on the west coast of North America.
But it can kill if you have a very weak immune system, or you try to just carry on as normal and power through it not changing anything you do.

Another doctor said that if you were alive in the seventies you may have contracted it not known it and now have the antibodies in your system. In which case you either won't get it all or have very reduced reaction.

I imagine if somebody has AIDS and they get the swine flu they would be in danger of dying.

People around me have had it, so far I have been eating garlic and drinking lots of lemon water to keep it away.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

Since fevers don't happen to us all that often, I don't see the risk of taking Tylenol. Acetaminophen is not addictive. Consult the CPS or USPDI for details.

Codeine however is adictive and some prescription Tylenol contains codeine.

Don't drink any alcohol when taking anything with acetaminophen as that will cause liver damage very quickly..

Agree that taking acetaminophen daily for many years will cause liver damage....that is why it should be used only when needed.

Advil green gel caps work great for migraines.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

With children and teenages suspected to have a viral illness, it has always been warned not to give aspirin to them due to the rare complication of reyes syndrome.

Very good point. I never gave my kids asprin..

Forgot all about that.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

I think something that might also play into the severity of this disease and our reaction, is our over-all exposure. I have only taken antibiotics a few times. Only twice that I can remember in the past 10-15 years. I rarely ever take tylenol or advil because I have a sensitive stomach, so they are more affective when I take them.

My other extended family members that were worse off with this illness are on antibiotics all the time for various things, it seems. They were much sicker and then developed lung infections. This is just speculation on my part....but I really believe that the drugs we expose ourselves to do have an affect on how we handle infections later on.

I have never had a flu shot and never will. I believe (perhaps I am wrong) that for this reason, I have a stronger, natural immune system. My understanding is that any immunity you get from a vaccine is short-lived and wears off in about a year or two. (someone correct me if I am wrong) Whereas any immunity you create naturally lasts a lifetime.

Edit: I want to explain that I am not against all vaccinations. If H1N1 were truly a killer plague, I would be all over the vaccine, proven or not. I just do not see that the risk of the vaccine outweighs the risk of this virus, which is a basic medical concept with ALL medications.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by westcoast]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I had the swine flu; this part was EXACT:

"The second day into the illness is the worst. This is when the REAL body aches start. Without medication you feel as if a truck hit you and every part of your body aches. The cough gets worse. "

ESPECIALLY about the 2nd day part. The second day was the worst.

Would I take a vaccine for it? **** no.

Some people need to grow some hair on their saddlehorn.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I broke my fever today. Still can not eat. Also forgot to mention I am taking Oil of oregano.

I just hope I do not get pnemonia as I am prone to it, or a relapse of CIDP, from gullian bare syndrome I had in the past. Have a lot of parathesia in the legs with this virus, and that scares me. Will see how I do tonight. I know fevers tend to come back at night.

It is funny. I know two doctors. My doctor said that flu is rampant but that most of it is regular flu not swine. A friend of mine who is a doctor said almost all of it is swine. I have never seen more confusion on information in my life.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

I think something that might also play into the severity of this disease and our reaction, is our over-all exposure. I have only taken antibiotics a few times. Only twice that I can remember in the past 10-15 years. I rarely ever take tylenol or advil because I have a sensitive stomach, so they are more affective when I take them.

My other extended family members that were worse off with this illness are on antibiotics all the time for various things, it seems. They were much sicker and then developed lung infections. This is just speculation on my part....but I really believe that the drugs we expose ourselves to do have an affect on how we handle infections later on.

I have never had a flu shot and never will. I believe (perhaps I am wrong) that for this reason, I have a stronger, natural immune system. My understanding is that any immunity you get from a vaccine is short-lived and wears off in about a year or two. (someone correct me if I am wrong) Whereas any immunity you create naturally lasts a lifetime.

Edit: I want to explain that I am not against all vaccinations. If H1N1 were truly a killer plague, I would be all over the vaccine, proven or not. I just do not see that the risk of the vaccine outweighs the risk of this virus, which is a basic medical concept with ALL medications.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by westcoast]

I hear ya. I have never had a flu shot either. Those people that you mention who have been on and off antibiotics.....The first things I would aske them is what their diets consist of, what supplements if any do that take, and how often they wash their hands, door knobs, refrigerator door handle, kitchen surfaces, etc. etc.

I'm not saying you have to be a fanatic about germs, but some people just live like swine when there is no excuse for it.

Something else I notice from my own observations....a lot of people that I know who got cancer and died....got the cancer after going through a series of colds and flu's that hit them one after another over a period of a year or two. I am convinced that these illnesses weakend their immune system and allowed the cancer to start. They were not very health conscious people to begin with....which is why they went through one illness after another.

I buy mixed seeds with nuts, raisins, and dried fruit to ensure we get enough B17 in our diet as well.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

I can tell you from my own personal experience in the medical field that this flu season is not normal. I know some of the increased doc visits is due to the media hype, but it is a fact that there are many people sick right now with the same illness...the one I described and now have myself.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
swineflu = 5 day flu.

just dont freak yourself out about it if u have swine flu, the power of your mind is VERY strong, so do no suggest death to yourself, even when the devil whispers in your ear that your going to die, your not.

not yet atleast, most people who are alive RIGHT NOW, will be here for the second coming.

be patient, keep praying my friends.

God bless you all.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I agree with you. I started a detox diet about three months ago and it has changed my life. We don't realize how much toxins build up in our bodies and are harming us until it's gone and we feel GOOD, because we have gotten used to feeling crummy.

My extended family has a clean house, and they themselves are very clean, but they do not eat well. If your body is already taxed by the toxins it is retaining and your immune system is all mixed up from antibiotics and other meds, it can't do the job it's suposed to.

That being said, I know there are healthy people being hit hard by this, so there is always the exception. The key is to be educated and be on the lookout for signs of complications from the infection.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
My family had the flu also. My son was the first. He has asthma and gets sick often. He was prescribed Tamiflu and went from looking like he was dying to almost perfect in 24 hours. My wife and I have identical symptoms to the kids with the exception of fever and we both tested negative for flu while the kids tested positive. I've held them close and by all rights I should have the flu so there is something to the age vulnerability thing. There is also an outbreak of whooping cough with similiar symptoms that the wife and I seem to have. When I was in the linic waiting to be tested I saw dozens of people come out and only two were given face masks. The whooping cough thing could be causing a lot of people to think they have the flu.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Now the CDC says the swine flu is widespread? Widespread it is basically everywhere. So if it is supposedly widespread how come I dont know of anyone who has had it? I am confused. Is this really that big of a deal?????

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have a theory too. I think sugar makes things worse. When you have a bacterial infection, bacteria love sugar. I know flu is a virus, but you can get a secondary bacterial infection. While sick with this I am avoiding all sugar that is not natural. I am hoping this prevents a secondary infection.

I know how I caught this. I dislocated my shoulder last week and had to goto er, and it was flooded with people with flu. I waited 3 hours in waiting room with a dislocated shoulder and though I would die with pain waiting.

I could not fill out the paperwork, and asked the reception to fill it out.
she put down abdominal pain instead if dislocation, hence my long wait.
Two days after this happened , I was sick.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

One of our elementary schools has 25% out sick and nearly everyone I know has had the flu or the coughing cold going around. I'd say it is widespread in certain areas.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hello All..My first post with many years reading threads!

Thanks to all who contribute and share your thoughts!

I am an active duty health care worker..and through many years of dealing with the sick and injured, I thought I have seen it all...That stopped about two weeks ago, when I went home early with a fever and body aches. I thought this illness, like most others, would run its course over an extended weekend, but I was terribly wrong.

After four days of fever, chills, sweats, body and headaches nothing seemed to be running a normal course. This illness was unlike any other I have personally experienced. Normally, I get the works. I usually get sinusitus, upper respiratory, and ear infections when i get sick (once a year). But with this, I only had fever, body and headaches. Tuesday morning I reported for work and was immediatley sent home. I developed a nasty cough the previous night and didnt think twice about it.

That night and into the next morning, it got worse, much worse....I couldnt even lay flat on my back without the feeling of coughing up a lung or two.

The next day I saw a provider and he recommended a chest x ray..the film revealed cloudiness in my upper left lobe ( very unusaual) and the radiologist confirmed PNEUMONIA..I am relatively young, dont smoke, and am incredibly healthy...How did I get this?

I recieved the seasonal intranasal vaccine 3 weeks ago. I was never tested for the Flu or H1N1..but with my experience and knowledge i pretty much now what was wrong with me..

H1N1 complicates everything and anything Pulmonary...so If you do develop any flu like symptoms please carefully monitor your situation and if breathing or coughing ensues...please get it checked...not to worry all.

I am currently on day 6 of antibiotic therapy and a follow up x ray shows things are clearing up..breathing is becoming easier daily...i hope this helps anyone with questions regarding the flu..

take care all and be safe!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I first got the Flu about 3 weeks ago. I used paracetemol for a few days right from the get go and so never got the fever and chills.
But I found the difference with this Flu over others I've had, is the incessant coughing. I feel like I've had whooping cough. I still have laryngitis and am very croaky from all the hacking. I hope that goes away soon.

Also the watering eyes are still happening for no apparent reason.
So although I'm over the major symptoms I had, I'm still left with Laryngitis and watering eyes after 3 weeks.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
As an alternative , the Beijing Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital has introduced an H1N1 prevention pack said to be effective.

Mix Lonicera Japonica, Isatis Indogodica, Mentha Haplocalyx, and Glycyrrhiza Glabra (3 gm each) all available in Chinese herbal shops. Dip a small pack in a teapot of hot water and drink like a tea or use as a mouthwash.

These may be ordered over the net also.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
So how do we know if it's the swine flu or not. The symptoms seem very similar...fever, congestion, body aches, etc..

Me and my family have been sick for the past week or two with "a" flu. Whether it was the swine flu or not, I don't know. Just took OTC medications to deal with the symptoms and we are all just about over it. I was also taking Sambucol, which is supposed to help and I must say, I felt crappy but not as severe as some say.

One of my sons who is 1 -1/2 years old is still coughing but no fever anymore and seems to be feeling better. I'm just keeping an eye on him to make sure his breathing doesn't become labored.

It was similar to what was described though.. headache, fever, hot/cold spells, everyone but me was vomiting but that only lasted one day each.

I'm in NYC (Brooklyn) by the way. Don't know if it's really spreading crazy here or not.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Primordial]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Thanx 4 the information im feelin sikk right now 6ody aches and pains and im starting 2 get a headache and im tired out of this world ERRRRRRRRR i hate 6e n sikk... tyme 4 nyteqil and tylenol.....

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
A young boy that is a classmate of my nephews had the swine flu. He seemed to be getting over it. They tried to wake him up on the second morning after his swine flu symptoms had passed. He was unresponsive. They airlifted him to Oklahoma City. He has no brain activity and is being taken off of life support. They say he tested positive for meningitis. Everyone from my small town is very sad for this family.

Could this be related to the swine flu in any way?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join