It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"UFO" over Niagara Falls : Video

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DrPlotless

I'd recommend you contact shivercanada who's responsible for some of the best videos of this craft. www.youtube.com...

Send him a PM on YouTube and tell him where and when you saw this thing. He just might go out there and try to catch it again.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

wow, good info on location. I've been involved in this since december, and my youtube posted videos, while not clear, prove there is SOMETHING there that does not belong. Watch the 'NIAGARA UFO' playlist. Blimps, balloons, ice, water vapor, etc... are simply NOT possible. This stays in the same spot for HOURS. IT comes and goes, returning to the same spot, just on a different angle. It keeps getting more interesting. The fact that IT has returned after a break of a couple months, reveals 'something' more to come...

This is text from a thread I tried to start here but got shutdown for some lame reason...

Repeated UFO sighting in Niagara Falls, Canada 2009/2010

This topic has been started in other threads and doesn't seem to get far. This is the most recent.
Repeated visits by an object in the sky above Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. The object is being struck by light from the rotating 4 head spotlights on Clifton Hill, the popular tourist area. When viewed in person, the object is reflecting light, just like a bright flash,as a piece of shiny metal would do. Object has been seen by MANY people. Local news stations and papers carried coverage of first reports. Getting clear video of this has been elusive, except for the first sightings. Not sure why.(clearer skies, better eqpt, warmer temps?) The youtube link below is the playlist of 32 videos of the object from first recorded sighting to most recent in order. Quality of video captures does evolve. Included in the playlist are daytime and nightime shots of the areas involved.

www.youtube.com...

The object is observed and filmed STATIONARY. DOES NOT MOVE. QUIET.
It can be viewed for HOURS. I consume video tapes set @ 90 min.
The object is NOT ice. It is windy and ice would disperse.
Cloud reflection is discounted, again due to the winds.
It is NOT a blimp. Again wind.
It seems to 'cloak' itself in varying degrees of cloud cover.
It is NOT tethered to ANYTHING.
NOT bats or birds.
It comes and goes during recording.
The tallest building in the area is the Skylon Tower @ 775 ft.
Please take the time and watch all the videos, BEFORE posting. This makes the discussion more valid, less frustrating and more interesting.
I am not here to debate IF this object is real... IT IS.
What it is, who owns it, who drives it, why it is here and what they want are the questions.
This has been ongoing since October and continues...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Hey handeroo. We know who you are (or at least I do). You and shivercanada have been leading the video feed on youtube after all.

A question. Don't you want to do 'more' than just videotape this thing? I mean, it seems easy enough to just fly something up there and videotape it close by. Sure it'd require some preparation, but UFO sightings where the UFO returns so frequently is just.. incredibly rare. I'd say Niagara Falls is the best UFO hot spot in the world right now.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you could add me on msn. It's [email protected] .

PS. I have plans on visiting America soon (I live in Sweden), and I just might take a detour to see the falls, if you catch my drift. If this thing keeps appearing in a predictable and consistent matter, I'm not opposed to spending a good part of my money to get an up-close video of this thing.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Drexon]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Drexon

I've seen shivercanada's videos before I found this forum, he (she?) is definitely worth contacting in this case.

I think I might join in on this investigation (with what little skills I have, lol) since
my opinion on this phenomena has changed significantly from when I first heard it, to when I actually saw it for myself.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by handeroo

Thanks for the info, I reviewed it and found a few inconsistencies with my own observations and those mentioned by yourself. It's nothing big, but it's worth mentioning in the event that the agenda of this object is starting to change.

1. From where I was, I could not make out the famous spotlights of Niagara Falls, nor could I see them hit the craft. It's possible they were not even on that night, or my distance just did not permit me to see them.
2. I don't know if there was any cloud cover last night. Since I was unaware of the clouds being connected to this object, I didn't take note of it. If I had to guess, I'd say there was very little. I only say this because of how visible the object was from my angle, and how bright the lights were.
3. The lights coming off the object seemed to change location slightly between the initial sighting and seconds before it disappeared behind the trees. The right most light appeared to get closer to the left one, which leads me to believe the object may have rotated slightly.
5. This object did not appear to be stationary. While other objects in between my vantage point and Niagara Falls did pass by me as I was driving, this object appeared to be staying alongside me. This could have been a trick of the eyes, however, if it was indeed as far away as Niagara Falls, yet was large enough to be seen and calculated by perception to be "just behind the trees."
4. The object I spotted last night was very large. Distance between the lights, and the barely visible dark shape between them, placed it at maybe half the size of Niagara Falls in the horizon beyond the Drive-In (when first viewed from Canboro Road). Since the object I spotted seemed a lot larger than what I'm seeing in videos and eyewitness accounts, I've begun formulating my own theories as to what it could possibly be, if it's not the NF UFO.

My only possible "Scully explanation" is that the object I saw was a boat. According to the map I posted above, a canal does run past Canboro and, to the best of my knowledge, is still in use by large ships. If I chart my visibility going off Canboro, onto the 406, and where I spotted this object, it matches with the canal aligned in front of the view I'd have of Niagara Falls. It would also explain how it appeared to be moving as I drove up the 406. There is, however, one detail I didn't mention last night in my post, only because I felt it was irrelevant. When I passed the cluster of trees and found the object had vanished, I took a right down Beverdams and went straight toward the canal, hoping I'd see this thing again in the horizon. The prospect of it being a boat did not occur to me then, I just decided to take the first road I could that would get me closer to it. When I reached the end of the road, I was literally at the canal. No floating objects, or large boats, were anywhere to be seen.
There was nothing when I passed Gibson Lake, either. I should have been able to see that boat from there, if it was indeed traveling northward at the same time as it.

With the quickly discredited boat theory being the only possibility towards a "normal" explanation, I'm convinced I saw the infamous Niagara Falls UFO. If it wasn't that, it may have quite possibly been another one.

Sorry for the long post, and I'm willing to answer any questions you might have.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

OK... more good facts. I am familiar with the area you are describing, in fact, I was actually on those roads today. YES, there is a ship canal there, but if you went toward the 'object' and got to the canal and did not see a ship, ??? where would the lights be in relation? first, was this at night or when?? it can be found out if there was a ship in 'lock' at the time. About what height over the horizon were you loooking?? the light bridge on the ships can only be so high, I doubt they can be seen over the tree line in the area. Did you have the skylon tower in view? it can be seen from there...just over the treetops, far in the distance...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by niagararesident

" It was strange that it didn't move from 8pm until 3am, then it disappeared. Still stunned and without any explanation"

If this is the case, I am as well. How do you explain tha one?

What objects maintain flight for that long using conventional fueling methods?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hialtitude

interesting, more and more...

line two...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
'IT' has been spotted twice this month (August) again. Not by myself, but was contacted by those that saw 'IT'. Video posted on Youtube by shivercanada. watch 'niagara ufo' playlist for ALL footage from first to most recent.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I was working at a bar in Niagara Falls throughout the summer of 2009 and saw this object on a number of occasions, and for roughly two months before it garnered the eventual attention it got. The bar where I worked was directly beneath the object. Here are the facts from an eyewitness:

1. The first time I saw the object I was out for a smoke. It was twilight. I had a weird feeling and looked up just as the object appeared. I watched it come from higher up and settle into it's 'spot'. It was long, rectangular, silver, with six large but soft blue lights (think of those flat nightlights that plug into the outlet) in a straight line along the bottom - 3 lights, then a space, then three more, equally spaced except for the missing one in the centre. As I watched, the four lights on either side of the empty space went out, leaving only those at either end still on. Clearly controlled by an intellectual entity.

2. Mottled cirrus cloud that evening, but there were areas of completely clear sky as the clouds moved, and at times the object was clearly visible, against a clear sky, for periods of 5 or ten minutes. I'd estimate if the object were on the ground and stood upright, it would be the size of an apartment building. It was a substantial craft.

3. I brought out coworkers to have a look and there were at least a dozen sets of eyes on the thing, and no one could ID it. About 30 minutes after it appeared, a single USAF jet (there's a base on the US side of the border, and they fly over into CDN airspace frequently) made two large circles over the City of Niagara Falls CDA - well below and around the object. The jet was at about 600 metres (2000 ft.) and clearly visible as there was still a fair amount of light. The object was at about 2450 metres (8,000 ft.), just above the cloud deck. Unknown if the jet had been scrambled because of the craft or was just on a routine flight (odd time of day for it), the jet did not climb to the object's altitude. Jet leaves.

4. Niagara falls uses a giant trackspot at night - the kind you see at concerts with rotating fixtures and xenon bulbs. The trackspot is in a fixed position, and the path of the 4 beams never varies from the constant circles they make in the sky. As the last of daylight faded, the spots came on and started doing their turn. As it happens, one of the circling beams hit the object on each pass, lighting it up and reflecting light back onto the clouds when there was a hole. When the light shone directly on the object, more detail appeared. There were two distinct levels that I could see - the lower level where the lights were, full length of the craft but not as wide as the above level. From the bottom to the wider upper portion, the body of the craft was curved - not convex like a blimp, but concave curved (i'm going to say metal) from lower to upper, like a vase.

5. Each pass of the spotlight hit the craft in an identical manner. It did not move a fraction in the almost three hours it stayed. No blimp could maintain that precise a position over time, on a night where there was enough wind at that altitude to move the clouds pretty briskly. There was no line or tether, because the spotlight would have shown it...trust me when I say, all of us were in and out of the building watching it, and we considered every possibility until there were no more. Not only did the craft hold it's position exactly, it moved geosynchronously i.e. it moved in sync with the rotation of the Earth. I never saw it leave. I just stepped outside at one point and it was gone.

6. The craft was back several days over the next week-and-a-half, usually around the same time of night, always on nights when there was a thin layer of cirrus clouds, always just above the clouds, and always in exactly the same spot with the spotlight hitting it along its length. It baffled me why it would choose only partly cloudy nights to visit (clearly seeking some modest cover, but with a desire to observe what was below - tourists) but then 'park' knowingly and repeatedly in the path of a spotlight beam that made it pretty visible. Maybe photovoltaic?

7. There was about a three week peiod when it was a no-show (at least on nights that I worked). Then it started appearing every couple of days again, It was about the third night back that everyone took notice and shot the multiple videos, including the one posted. About an hour after the mass sighting, the cloud cover got a bit thicker, and I went outside at one point and there was a massive aura of blue a redish streams of light in the clouds around the object(s) - some claim there were multiples that night - it was like nothing I'd ever seen in the night sky before, cosmic.

8. It appeared a few more times after the mass sighting, and continues to be seen occasionally, but with less frequency.

I'll say this. As humans we have a tendency to want to pick apart what we don't understand. Make odd thinhs make sense. I experienced people standing right beside me, looking at the same object, and trying to pass it off as a satellite (hell no). I don't know what I saw, but I know what I saw. This was legit, no mistakes, no misidentification, no weather balloon, blimp, reflection, refraction, etc. This was an intelligently engineered and guided craft, floating in midair in the same spot for hours, on at least a dozen occasions.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by fnulnu

Nice, rational, well thought description. The more people who come forward to report this, the more it will be accepted as real. Do you still work at that bar?? Which one?? Do you have a video camera you can bring with you to work?? Send me a PM through ATS if you still work there, as I am trying to get as many contacts as possible in the area that work there and have seen it. I am sure it will be back again soon. Unforunately, the spotlights have been off this week. The spotlights make it that much easier to see.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Bar was a local 'Gentlemen's Club' downtown. If you know the Falls, you know the club - I won't drop the name. I'm not there anymore, and don't have occasion to go very often as I live out of town. I came to ATS after searching another topic and was happy to find this thread. A lot of people seem to consider themselves an authority on this particular sighting without the benefit of having been there. Just felt the record needed to be set straight by someone who was.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fnulnu

Nice, that puts you just under 2km away from the spotlights on clifton hill. That's my ground zero reference since the lights shine straight up. Since this has been spotted, the lights were moved 200 feet uphill and were still hitting 'IT'. The size you give might actually be an understatement. In one of my videos, #3, planes fly UNDER 'IT'. Comparing the size of the flash to the relative size of the planes, 'IT' is BIG. If you know of anyone else who has seen it or still works in the area, please let me know...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I watched one night as a Toronto-bound passenger jet flew directly over it. The jet couldn't have been more than a couple thousand feet above, and I thought at the time that the pilots had to have seen it. It's stuff like that that makes my mind want to rationalise it as some kind of reflected light from the hill, but the trackspots wouldn't illuminate a reflection, and as I said, the thing is still visible even when there are huge breaks in the clouds and nothing but clear sky above. It would be nice if the Niagara Helicopter guys would head up and buzz it some night when it's there for a definitive answer (and pics).

One of the managers at the club was outside the first night with the military jet, and he saw it with me on a number of other occasions, including the night with the huge aura (first night of the mass sighting). He's there nights early in the week and on F/S, looks like King Kong Bundy (seriously), drop in some night and see him.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Got a new idea. Apparently you can build balloons that go into space (!!) for cheap. I've seen several youtube videos of people doing just that, attaching video cameras and a GPS to it.

I'm thinking this'd be great for sending something way up high, with a camera pointing directly down. All you got to do is a little trigonometry to get exactly under the object and send the balloon up at that spot. It'd be way cheaper and easier than maneuvering a RC helicopter that high. Plus I'd say it's the only way to get a close-up shot of whatever's up there (if anything) as a civilian.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
There is some additional information in this related thread:

Niagra Falls exclusive ufo video from 2009

But let us keep posting in this thread here.

I still don't understand why this sighting does not get more attention...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
BACK AGAIN !!! nothing else to say here right now, except BACK AGAIN Niagara ufo AGAIN Nov 22, 2010
edit on 24-11-2010 by handeroo because: fix link

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
and once again... IT is back...another great capture from shivercanada

edit on 22-12-2010 by handeroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP, this object has returned again, JUST NOW. The video linked was just recorded THIS EVENING (Jan 3, 2011) by myself and I cannot believe no one outside of the area takes it seriously. The Niagara UFO is an ongoing event, and is certain proof that we are being watched. Say what you want about it...balloons, ice, mist, buildings, tower, WHATEVER. you will be wrong. 'IT' is a HUGE, definite, solid, TRIANGULAR, unidentified flying (stationary) object, able to remain absolutely stationary for way longer than anything we know of. Watch ALL the Niagara UFO playlist videos, Shivercanada and handeroo on Youtube. This stuff is UNDEBUNKABLE. Ya, I said it, UNDEBUNKABLE. If this thread is still alive, that'll bring 'em out!!!!!!!!!!
ALSO, while on this topic,
keep looking up, literally and figuratively...

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join