It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Black Gives A Prayer To Satan Live At The 2009 VMAS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What is this? Why has there not been media coverage and a public outcry from the Christian Community.

I mean come on, we get so worked up that Kanye upstaged Taylor Swifts moment, and yet not too much said about this. Most on here will say "Oh it was just a joke, no big deal!", but I completely disagree.

We must consider who will be influenced by this kind of stunt. I can tell you right now it may not be you or me because we are firmly grounded in our beliefs, but it will be our sons and daughters, that will be so heavily effected by this manipulative trash!

In the most confusing time of a childs life, the teenage years, the media throws yet another stumbling block at them. There is absolutely no accountability, and no moral compass in which the power hordes seek to get rich.

This should be proof enough that Satan has control over our world. While we were screaming about Kanye's manners, our children were being brainwashed. Question is why did we let this go unchecked? Maybe we too have been made complacent to the idea that anything goes, that it is all "simple harmless fun", therein lies the danger, the proof of the hold Satan has on us and he is not wavering.

In the days to come the Evil we see will begin to multiply. We must remember, that for a time God has held him back and has not fully loosed him on the world. The group leading the charge for the prince of darkness to unleash his demonic force is none other than Hollywood! See for yourself.

Here is the link to vid. [www.youtube.com...]

What do you really think about this? Is this kind of thing alright?

Thanks,

Pax

[edit on 18-10-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
What is this? Why has there not been media coverage and a public outcry from the Christian Community.

I mean come on, we get so worked up that Kanye upstaged Taylor Swifts moment, and yet not too much said about this. Most on here will say "Oh it was just a joke, no big deal!", but I completely disagree.

We must consider who will be influenced by this kind of stunt. I can tell you right now it may not be you or me because we are firmly grounded in our beliefs, but it will be our sons and daughters, that will be so heavily effected by this manipulative trash!

In the most confusing time of a childs life, the teenage years, the media throws yet another stumbling block at them. There is absolutely no accountability, and no moral compass in which the power hordes seek to get rich.

This should be proof enough that Satan has control over our world. While we were screaming about Kanye's manners, our children were being brainwashed. Question is why did we let this go unchecked? Maybe we too have been made complacent to the idea that anything goes, that it is all "simple harmless fun", therein lies the danger, the proof of the hold Satan has on us and he is not wavering.

In the days to come the Evil we see will begin to multiply. We must remember, that for a time God has held him back and has not fully loosed him on the world. The group leading the charge for the prince of darkness to unleash his demonic force is none other than Hollywood! See for yourself.

Thanks,

Pax

There is no Satan, he's a fictional book character, so a prayer to him isn't the worst thing in the world. At that age i listened to Jack Black and Tenacious D, and i was fine.

It's your upbringing and character, if you are going to take in 'Satanic' meanings from things and go start doing evil things, you personally have a problem if you can't tell the difference between right and wrong, even at an early age.

Is this not the exact same thing parents were saying about Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath back in the day?

OTT, Non story, imo.

You discuss the vulnerable years of a childs life, and brainwashing, alot of people (not all) who are religious are 'brainwashed' at an early age into it, as a child in those vulnerable years, when you have no choice but to believe it, and as you grow older it's deep within you already.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Lister87]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hail Satan! not a big fan of Jack Black or Tenacious D though. Obviously the VMAs have some sort of TV13 rating so I dont see the problem. I guess if some kid can be influenced by that then they could just as easily be influenced by christian groups to bomb abortion clinics. Real satanists know satan doesnt really exist anyway

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Jack Black is a comedian.
A comedian is one who makes jokes.
Part of his repetoire is that he is a satan worshipping metal head.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The VMA's were an outrageous satanic ritual this year. From the Taylor Swift initiation, Madonna's bizzare sermon, Lady Gaga's blood sacrifice to Jack Black's satanic prayer. The link I posted explains what went down. Now I'm watching for a change in Swift's music. I hope she doesn't sell out. We shall see.

pakalert.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardamber
The VMA's were an outrageous satanic ritual this year. From the Taylor Swift initiation, Madonna's bizzare sermon, Lady Gaga's blood sacrifice to Jack Black's satanic prayer. The link I posted explains what went down. Now I'm watching for a change in Swift's music. I hope she doesn't sell out. We shall see.

pakalert.wordpress.com...

What an absolute load of rubbish you just linked, the article and the site.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
You were trolled. Well, actually you were trolled ages ago by some people who decided people would be fun to manipulate through religion.

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

For one thing, he really was kidding. The difference between what Jack Black did and a real prayer to Satan are like day and night.

Secondly, I doubt you'd be complaining if it was a prayer to Jesus.

Finally, I think it's absolutely all right. He's a comedian, he's in America and we have freedom of religion and freedom of speech. Even if he were 100% serious, he has the absolute right to stand up there and offer a prayer to Satan or a water buffalo or Jesus or anyone he chooses. That's just the way it is here.

Parents who are concerned should be limiting their kids' TV time and explaining these things to them. If a child chooses to "follow Satan" because of Jack Black's comedy skit, then that parent has really been slacking and has a lot of work to do.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent HereticIf a child chooses to "follow Satan" because of Jack Black's comedy skit, then that parent has really been slacking and has a lot of work to do.

Nail on the head.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

I think this done tongue in cheek. "Satan" or the "Devil" has always played a role in rock and heavy metal music.

Does that mean that anyone that listens to heavy metal is a Satan worshiper? No, of course not.

I listen to heavy metal and I don't worship Satan.

That illuminati imagery that was thrown in there by the person who made the video is a little over the top. Even by ATS standards. No Satanic conspiracy here folks, move along.

I wouldn't take what Jack Black says seriously. Like one of the above posters said, he's just a comedian.

Funny video, thanks for sharing!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Wonderfully put BH, thanks for a voice of reason.

And yes, really the man is an entertainer, and how do you cause a stinct in the politically correct world of america? Do something that isn't politcally correct.

If it were a prayer to Jesus and I complained about my children having to be brainwashed by such things you would laugh at me and call me a heretic.

A vicious double standard exists here...

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lister87
There is no Satan, he's a fictional book character, so a prayer to him isn't the worst thing in the world.

You discuss the vulnerable years of a childs life, and brainwashing, alot of people (not all) who are religious are 'brainwashed' at an early age into it, as a child in those vulnerable years, when you have no choice but to believe it, and as you grow older it's deep within you already.

You think satan is fiction?

Religious beliefs are 'brainwashing' but praying to Satan on national TV is ok?

You might be right. When it is all said and done we may simply cease to exist. You won't have to wait long to find out . Life is actually very short.

Of course, if you are wrong, you may have an unpleasant suprise waiting for you.

It'll be ok though.

You've never been wrong before have you?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

You think satan is fiction?

Religious beliefs are 'brainwashing' but praying to Satan on national TV is ok?

You might be right. When it is all said and done we may simply cease to exist. You won't have to wait long to find out . Life is actually very short.

Of course, if you are wrong, you may have an unpleasant suprise waiting for you.

It'll be ok though.

You've never been wrong before have you?

Yes i believe Satan is fiction. I don't believe in religion at all.

In my eyes, Christianity (religion in general) was a way of controlling society back in the day, and has been brainwashed into children at an early age for centuries.

Misbehave and you're going to suffer eternally (Hell, Satan) - so people, not knowing any better at the time, with the general population far less educated than todays, then behaved.

Behave and you'll go to heaven ,with God - Again similar situation.

Come on, at 5 years old if you offered a child to go to Church every sunday or sit and play a Toy (without prior discussions of God or anything) they'd decide to play with the Toy. Kids are pushed into religion (not always i might add) by religious parents at an early age.

You're post "subtly" stating i'll be going to hell for not believing in Satan or God is hilarious.

Millions of people around the world believe in different religions, according to them all, you are all going to some form of hell in their books.

I'm in the bad books with everyone eh? How many hells can i go to?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
and call me a heretic.

Hey! You say that like it's a bad thing!

A vicious double standard exists here...

I agree. If people complained like this about someone saying a prayer to God or Jesus, most would think they were odd or weird. When people complain about religious dogma and rituals being done in public, they get reamed.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Haha, Actually I am quite happy with my "heretic" status.

Wasn't Jesus considered a heretic at some point?

Ohh the irony of it all.

But yes, most folk love to hear about their own religion in public but as soon as another voice comes from the crowd they are very quick to call fowl.

Really though, religion is fine, just keep it to yourselves, and that includes Jack Black..

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Why is it that some people see a thread about religion and they have to come running in to inform us of their opinion that it isn't real? Doesn't really matter what you think because you cannot prove that it isn't real. And just telling a believer that it isn't real will not change the believer's mind.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
Why is it that some people see a thread about religion and they have to come running in to inform us of their opinion that it isn't real? Doesn't really matter what you think because you cannot prove that it isn't real. And just telling a believer that it isn't real will not change the believer's mind.

Why do some people have to see something on TV, relate it to religion and start a thread about it?

I merely used my 'non religious' views to show why i didn't think it was a problem.

I'm not trying to change anyones mind, someone asked me a question, i replied.

What do you want me to do? Lie?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Jack Black enjoys Metal and Metal has long been perceived as Satan's music, in fact there is a subgenre dedicated to dark or satanic leanings called Black Metal.

I'm not surprised that this sort of thing would be going on on MTV because only braindead zombies watch that channel, what once was Music Television now has become a reality TV cesspool glorifying stupidity and shallow values that make Barbie look emotionally deep. I'm not surprised this went without protest from Christians, hopefully no true Christian would EVER turn their Television to MTV.

All that being said I don't think its a big deal, Satan is a loose concept (even the Bible isn't clear, since that book is hardly ever clear) and has become a cartoonish caricature in pop culture (the silly guy with the goat legs and pitchfork). Invoking dark powers does nothing just as invoking some holy energy does nothing, unless of course Jack Black turns out to be a powerful Sorcerer in the service of the dark lord

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
These type of antics are becoming more prevalent as the end approaches.
I always thought that Jack Black personified his name, this only proves it.
To those of us Christians, pray that are faith be strengthened and not falter when the test presents it self.
May the peace of Our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
Que the satanists, government shills, and Left wingers to reply.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join