It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Black Gives A Prayer To Satan Live At The 2009 VMAS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
These type of antics are becoming more prevalent as the end approaches.
I always thought that Jack Black personified his name, this only proves it.
To those of us Christians, pray that are faith be strengthened and not falter when the test presents it self.
May the peace of Our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
Que the satanists, government shills, and Left wingers to reply.

I get the feeling you are on the wind up.

The end approaches?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lister87

You're post "subtly" stating i'll be going to hell for not believing in Satan or God is hilarious.

I'm in the bad books with everyone eh? How many hells can i go to?

I wasn't trying to be subtle but I'm glad you can see the humor in things.

Like I said, you might be right. Nothing to worry about.

How many hells can you go to?
I don't think they have a hell to hell tour set up but I think I'd avoid them all.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Evil will multiply? I think not... Even in the crowd there were lots of people who looked like they didn't subscribe to the Devil worshiping thing... The amount of people displaying the El Diablo sign in the crowd as affirmation was sporadic at best.

Jack Black is a tool, anyway. What was up with that muscle suit he wore anyway

Yeah Hollywood movies and culture are trash, but even in Hollywood there are good people there.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

You're post "subtly" stating i'll be going to hell for not believing in Satan or God is hilarious.

I'm in the bad books with everyone eh? How many hells can i go to?

I wasn't trying to be subtle but I'm glad you can see the humor in things.

Like I said, you might be right. Nothing to worry about.

How many hells can you go to?
I don't think they have a hell to hell tour set up but I think I'd avoid them all.

It's a serious question. As a non-believer, i have umpteen religions all believing that i'll be going to some form of 'hell'..

I'm not claiming i am right, and the world should listen to me, but i'm just putting my views on it all out there.

No dis-respect to any believers, but if anyone asks me views, i won't lie or dumb them down.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Following God so that you don't go to Hell isn't a good reason to be a believer, and any real christian will tell you that...

Not that I think that about you or anything, but just in general. The fear of hell is not a good excuse.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

As a non-believer, i have umpteen religions all believing that i'll be going to some form of 'hell'..

Which is why I banned religion from my life many years ago. My Creator will not banish me for cutting out the human factor of Spirituality, to get closer to the Creator.

Think about it - how could one TRULY attain a spiritual connection with their creator, by following methods of man?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

As a non-believer, i have umpteen religions all believing that i'll be going to some form of 'hell'..

Which is why I banned religion from my life many years ago. My Creator will not banish me for cutting out the human factor of Spirituality, to get closer to the Creator.

Think about it - how could one TRULY attain a spiritual connection with their creator, by following methods of man?

Exactly.

Not to mention Catholicism- BORN IN SIN.

Please.

My girlfriend went to a Catholic School (not by choice - she's not religious), sadly, her older sister died as a baby a few years before she was born, and she asked one day in class 'As we are born in sin, what happens to my sister?' - they replied "she'll go to hell". What a load of rubbish, imagine how infuriating that'd be hearing that? I'd have walked out.

During class they also had to make posters for a 'cause of their choice', upon choosing a non-catholic religion, she was told she wasn't allowed and had to choose a catholic one.

The Vatican and Catholicism has kept Christianity alive for years, more than it should have been, imo.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hmmm on, one hand it was a joke, on the other hand it seems to have offended alot of people. Too me it looks like a clever marketing scheme for the video game Brutal Legend (look it up). I found this video after a quick search on you tube www.youtube.com... , (btw the hand sign is widely known for metal, not the freemason handsign). If you ask me the satan joke is a joke about how everyone in the music industry sells their soul to the devil, and to me, in a figurative sense this is true.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

We must consider who will be influenced by this kind of stunt

Hopefully as many as possible!

You call it manipulative trash? That's rich coming from someone knee deep in organized "religion".

watch this and get back to me:

www.youtube.com...

Where is 'your' outcry over the above???

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

We must consider who will be influenced by this kind of stunt

Hopefully as many as possible!

You call it manipulative trash? That's rich coming from someone knee deep in organized "religion".

watch this and get back to me:

www.youtube.com...

Where is 'your' outcry over the above???

Great video. Nice post.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
These type of antics are becoming more prevalent as the end approaches.
I always thought that Jack Black personified his name, this only proves it.
To those of us Christians, pray that are faith be strengthened and not falter when the test presents it self.
May the peace of Our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
Que the satanists, government shills, and Left wingers to reply.

Why don't you keep Jesus Christ with you? If we all wanted him, we know where to find him. You push your beliefs on websites like this but you dislike it when people have a different point of view.

I've read the Bible and I've read the Satanic Bible and although I consider them both to be fictional characters (God, Satan) if I had to choose one to side with, it would be Satan.

Just look at this:

www.daltonator.net...

Hail Satan.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i would argue that a larger problem or issue our children have to deal with is being indoctrinated into a culture of simplicity.

simplicity so profound and all encompassing that it essentially becomes strangling to the intellect and our culture as a whole.

sorry to say it but your outcry against black's 'prayer to satan' is a perfect example of what i am talking about. why? because: WHO CARES! jesus worshipers have done more damage to both humans and the planet than satan worshipers ever will. i mean PLEASE this is such a non-issue it is baffling to me that anyone would call for 'public outrage'.

why not call for public outrage over the genocide in the sudan, the war int he congo, the covert slavery of the worlds masses by a global elite, the toxification of our food, the corruption of our food supply....

nope, it is for some unknowable reason easier to cry about jack black, the ballon boy, bat boy, and their ilk than talk about issues that are REALLY going to effect our kids....

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

It's a serious question. As a non-believer, i have umpteen religions all believing that i'll be going to some form of 'hell'..

I'm not claiming i am right, and the world should listen to me, but i'm just putting my views on it all out there.

No dis-respect to any believers, but if anyone asks me views, i won't lie or dumb them down.

I respect that.

I really can't prove it (There isn't a badge or certificate I can show you.)but I do believe.

Talking to somebody who doesn't believe is like being a game show host who, just like the contestant, doesn't know what's behind doors number 1 2 and 3. Nothingness, pure bliss or burning eternity.

Then they don't get to see what they've won until they die.

How do you approach somebody with those options?

I've got to admit I'm really not good at that and I rarely do it but at the same time I don't want anybody getting door number 3.

So, I just try to get people to step back from total disbelief and consider it a little. I can't make anybody believe but I might be able to get them to wonder about it once in a while.

Regards.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Really, religion is not one of my favorite topics.....seeing this thread I almost skipped it, but the Jack Black thing caught my attention. I really don't care for him and whatever his beliefs are. But the best part of this thread is the link to the article that give an overview of the entire show.

Organized religion has always turned me off. That doesn't mean that I do not beleive in good and evil. There are both in this world and they are around us eachday. And after reading the outline of the article, I have to say it is pretty strange that all these stage performances were linked together in such a ritualistic way.

That's why I avoid MTV, The Catholic Channels, 700 club and all the rest of them....they are all rituals to one form or another.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
In Nacho Libre Jack Black has priestly duties. How can you call him a Satan worshiper? He's a comedian for petes sake.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I knew something was sick about the VMAs when watching it. Jack Black did not clue me in because he was promoting the movie he filmed although I thought what he did was stupid. Lady Gaga and Pinks performances were very symbolic and the music was so bad that there had to be more to it. Hardly their good songs that you would expect them to sing and lady Gaga looked ridiculous. As for the MJ wake, Whatever!! He was a sick and Ill person who died. I am just glad that wonderland is closed.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Secondly, I doubt you'd be complaining if it was a prayer to Jesus.

I agree and to be honest, I can't really see the difference between the two. I can't think of anything creepier than watching people trying to shoehorn their religion - whatever it is - into a non-religious event.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
god, GOD

thank you for not giving me a broken brain!!

jack black is an actor of a game, called brutal legend, so he is making a good marketing ...

thats all, PLEASE

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You have to be a Christian to be a satanist. Can't have one without the other.

Secondly, no one. No one, should be taking any kind of advice, life or religious guidance.......from an awards show.

Actually, I think Jack Black must be ripping someone's material off. I just heard a comedic segment where he said satanism must not pan out because you don't hear of anyone thanking Satan when accepting an award.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

I always liked the Ann Rice version of things. God and Satan are really buddies and all they are doing is having a contest to see who can recruit the most souls. *laughs*

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join