It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: So Who's Going to Save Us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
2012. A year full of mystery, intrigue and mass changes. Well, apparently it is, according to many users on this site and on many other sites.

Many changes are supposed to happen, and apparently we're all supposed to awaken to our true selves and all that type of crap. Then there's the whole cataclymsic stuff where we're mainly gonna be killed by million kilometre high tidal waves, and earthquakes that measure a million on the richter scale. If we manage to survive that, then all of a sudden we become enlightened and start anew.

It is said at this stage we will be helped by a whole array of factions. Aliens are said to appear, probably those Galactic Federation of Light dudes that can't even seem to manage to get here on their hundred million mile wide spaceships when they've been called upon by a woman with an hilariously false new age name.

Also, around this time we have the indigo and crystal children out there. Great, so in 2012, if there's some sort of calamity, we're going to rebuild empires based on the people of today that go "i have special powerz, im so hXc, slipknawt, I h8 my parents, they dnt buy me a nu ipod every year"? How could we possibly stand to live with people like this? Even if they did awaken and have powers, I still wouldn't be able to trust them one bit. If ascension involves removing the ego, why would self-centered people be getting all the power a lot of brilliant and pure minds can't quite grasp?

Speaking of self-centered, there's also the whole matter of a one world government taking over and enslaving the survivors of the hypothetical calamity. So what we have are organised and fully equipped people trying to turn survivors toward the dark side of life, or just killing them.

On top of that, we also have angels comnig down to save us. How could they actually save you after a disaster?

"Oh hey there, man. I'm a very attractive female with wings, all dressed in white with really stunning physcial features. Now that your world's destroyed, everyone you know is dead, and you're now starving, I thought I could assist you by looking beautiful".

So, if there's a disaster of perception altering proportions, who's going to save us? Chances are, it'll be up to us, the unenlightened people with only basic animal instincts, to save each other. Probably best we get used to that idea because let's face it, if someone were to come to our aid, they would have done so by now.

This, of course, is if the whole event comes to fruition. Everything is an hypothetical.

What are your views on this, guys?

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Whine Flu]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Its ok calm down take a breath don't be scared MASTERCHIEF will save us trust me he will save us him and the ODST's thier specially trained to save the human race from the aliens he is our savior.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-10-2009 by slipknotrules2009]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My reaction to your statement?

Standing ovation.

Reglious zealots, to me are no different than people who wish for E.T. to come down and save them. Mythical creatures who may or may not exist, please come down from your divine station and save us.

S&F for the reality check: we can help each other.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Don't worry, I'm sure if anything will happen that a group of rag tagged adventurers will save us, I predict a young madn with blonde hair and a gothic sword who is accompanied by a princess of some kind, a spunky girl, a gun slinger and a furry animal with magic powers will save us....

crap jokes aside i think no one can save us except for ourselfs.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
oh yes were saved for sure

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
To answer the opening question I would like to say; No one will save us from ourselves.

If there is any saving to be done then we must do it for ourselves.

The problem for most people looking at the 2012 scenario is that there are set beliefs about it, and those who attach to any of those beliefs are preventing themselves from seeing the bigger or whole picture.

One side says only physical earth changes, another side say only ascension .. okay so I am really making this more simple than it is, but, each person attaching to either belief cannot see it is more than likely to be not one or the other but all at the same time.

And even then, the concepts being attached to are far too limited in scope to be anything near probable let alone possible.

I think it more effective then to just work on ourselves, get healthy, grow your food and become self-empowered, fully responsible and Independant. This way even if nothing occurs then you have gained much from the time you spent. If anything does happen then you have lost nothing because you are prepared anyway.

So, don't align to the negatives, instead seek out the positives being offered in this timeframe while remaining aware of negatives as they appear.

If nothing occurs in 2012, humans still will face the results of their long term directions and therefore suffer the results of that. Like it or not our cultures have passed their "best before date" and are in decline, so anything you can do to strengthen yourself and chances of continuing to grow will be time well spent.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ok.
I have to admit, this was just a really funny thread.
Maybe it wasn't meant to be, but hey, I gots to calls this ones likes I sees it. Very nice.

You know though, it's not fair to combine ALL of the doomsday events. You have to pick one or two and focus on those.

Let's take the big waves......surfers, duh. Like Patrick Swayze in that movie about the dead presidents. The REAL big Kahuna will be reincarnated.

Giant Eathquakes?....rescue dogs. That was a no brainer.

NWO? .....miLItias, baby! well....and 'freedom fighter resistance underground', lots of food and guns.

Now, the angel thing would be pretty cool, unless they are the evil angels. I hear those guys are something else. Beautiful, but deadly.

So, if we can get a nice angel who belongs to a militia, surfs and owns a rescue dog, we're in like Flynn.

But seriously, we're so boned.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Actually, I think you got it. It's a light hearted spin on the whole "WHAT R WE GUN DO? HU GUN COME GET US?" type threads where it seems all we're supposed to do through a rough situation is wait with our hands raised out to the sky saying "VARIOUS ENTITIES! SAVE ME FROM THE TIDAL WAVES!"

I'm in no way a sceptic. I'm as much as a gullible as the next guy, but seriously, if 2012 doomsday predictions happen, I don't think I'll be waiting for anyone to help out. If the aliens, angels, hell, even Zakk Wylde come to save us all, then so be it. It'd be a great event to look forward to.

I just don't see it happening, that's all. It's unfortunate, too, because at least life'd be a bit more fun.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Skyfloating I think wrote this thread called 2012 "mass delusion" the whole thing started in the 70's by a couple of stoners its all spiritual ascension and awakening to conciousness and the day the earth is in complete equilibrium in the universe falls on that date the mayan calendar 2600 AD I think so predating civilization almost, they had pyramids I think. Thats just when their calendar runs out not necassarily end of world. People wrote a lot of books about it. The Above Top Secret book said 2012 is happening now I think or is upon us. I guess its all open to interpretation.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves."
—Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space, 1994

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Yeah, what he said!

Second line.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Who is going to save us you ask? I only know of one man for the job.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
reply to post by KSPigpen

even Zakk Wylde come to save us all, then so be it. It'd be a great event to look forward to.

I just don't see it happening, that's all. It's unfortunate, too, because at least life'd be a bit more fun.

What if it were Zach Branff, the guy from the t.v. show scrubs, that would be even more fun. sorry, off topic, contributes nothing. iiiimmmm melting..

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jacksmoke

I'd probably prefer David Caruso came to save us.

"Looks like the Mayans..."

"...Were right all along"

YEEEEEEEEAH!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I think I have it. It's that lady with the 'magic school bus.' She can go anywhere in that thing and it holds lots of people.

It's definitely going to take a bus of some sort. The magical the better, because then, we could just find ONE person who was going to survive and the bus could shrink and we could stay in there till everything was cool and then come back out.

We could all be saved and learn something along the way. I always wanted to see a real spleen.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
you know wht if its are time its our time enjoy your life quit worrying you may not have much time enjoy it before your dead and can't enjoy anything thier may not be nothing after death just darkness and nothing no memory no nothing.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Only one can. Or would.

I suggest reading revelations from the bible.

However, I realize most here dont believe anyway.
K, so.......bye!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
We could all be saved and learn something along the way. I always wanted to see a real spleen.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by KSPigpen]

I had my spleen removed due to injury, they wouldn't let me keep it or even see it. I would like to see one as well. Hey, if the visitors come down to save us I wonder if the can give me a spleen before I become enlightened, ya know, just for old times sake.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
Only one can. Or would.

I suggest reading revelations from the bible.

However, I realize most here dont believe anyway.
K, so.......bye!

If you're talking about Jesus, I think he plays drums in a death metal band these days.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

There are obviously many theories on 2012, Nostradamus, Celtic, Incan, quasi-Christian belief, and OT Judea warpage. A wrong answer a right answer for someone. However, if one takes into consideration the doomsayer neptual belief portrayed by dollar seeking novelists with flocks consisting of zombie-like thinking process' you come away with, well, an enjoyment of Zombieland (horrible plug), or perhaps the thought of delving into such rubix cube dementia that may perhaps take years to come up with a one, perhaps two para response that a community such as this would destroy within seconds. END RESULT: futile augmentation of theory to a vexed society hellbent on venting it's socio-pathic advertised beliefs upon a poor, ill-informed persona wishing to voice a dilapidated thought into existence.

With that said, I do not believe 2012 will be the end of us, why? From a biblical perspective, not feasible. From a global economic , military standpoint of rationality - not feasible. Common sense helps here. What hitler did to Poland in two weeks cannot be done to the world unless a new weapon or literally the US is removed from existence (not going to happen). E pulse on New York to disable and debilitate world economy thus sending to chaos - BS. Euro is more powerful now anyway (as predicted). Answer - 2012 not the end of the world bub.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join