It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Shields Most Banks From Review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Bill Shields Most Banks From Review

www.nytimes.co m

WASHINGTON — Bowing to political pressure from community bankers, the House Financial Services Committee approved an exemption on Thursday for more than 98 percent of the nation’s banks from oversight by a new agency created to protect consumers from abusive or deceptive credit cards, mortgages and other loans.

The carve-out in legislation overhauling the regulatory system would prevent the new consumer financial protection agency from conducting annual examinations of the lending practices a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Why bother with anything then????

The exemption for the banks was endorsed by the chairman, Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, who saw it as necessary to win support for the overall bill from the committee’s moderate and conservative Democrats.

Barney Frank
the same guy who somewhat is also for the auditing of the Fed.

Perhaps he's just a double agent

www.nytimes.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Barney Frank
the same guy who somewhat is also for the auditing of the Fed.

Perhaps he's just a double agent

You think so?
Barney Frank is a wannabe illuminatus and he'll bend over backwards to try to cater to the banks. His only motive for involvement with 1207 is to derail it. This is my opinion.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
this isnt surprising... not one bit. seriously, i think ATS should have a grassroots get out the message arm wheres folks like me and you are able to print off flyers and leaflets and distribute them throughout our towns and cities to wake up the masses.... seriously

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

this isnt surprising... not one bit. seriously, i think ATS should have a grassroots get out the message arm wheres folks like me and you are able to print off flyers and leaflets and distribute them throughout our towns and cities to wake up the masses.... seriously

I go to the local farmers markets and fleamarkets on the weekends. I get my veggies and meat from the local farmers. I then TALK to people (briefly) about the financial crunch and the Federal reserve and the food safety bills

I hand out hand written index cards with the following and ask them to pass the info to another 10 people:

GOOGLE:
Confessions of an Economic Hitman
Creature from Jekyll Island
Secrets of the Federal reserve
Informed Jury Assoc
History, HACCP and food safety con Job

I have found a lot of people start asking questions. They know something is wrong and at least I seem to have some answers.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Maybe Franke got an 'message' of whats to come, and realize the imortance of 'secracy' of the matter...

All these people 'going' under for secret agendas are many, and the ultimate secrete is wotrth killing for..
money, army, climate.. Try connecting the topics , not read money topics as just economics, but rather: Why is this happening, and what can lye ahead making these people do these things !!!

ET, moon bases, financiel collapse, D.u.m.b.'s , swine flu vaccines that makes no sence , are they Mercy killings ? what is up ...

It is all connected, it is not one topic by it self, try to remember one thread after reading it.....

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
...seriously, i think ATS should have a grassroots get out the message arm wheres folks like me and you are able to print off flyers and leaflets and distribute them throughout our towns and cities to wake up the masses.... seriously

TheCoffinman -- I agree with you.

In this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...I have included a copy of the flier that I have passed out -- some 4,000 of them -- to people and many of them were receptive and grateful for the small flier. So, perhaps, this is one way to go. Better than nothing.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

So much for the call from Obama for banking regulations, what a whole bunch of crap.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I go to the local farmers markets and fleamarkets on the weekends. I get my veggies and meat from the local farmers. I then TALK to people (briefly) about the financial crunch and the Federal reserve and the food safety bills

I hand out hand written index cards with the following and ask them to pass the info to another 10 people:

GOOGLE:
Confessions of an Economic Hitman
Creature from Jekyll Island
Secrets of the Federal reserve
Informed Jury Assoc
History, HACCP and food safety con Job

I have found a lot of people start asking questions. They know something is wrong and at least I seem to have some answers.

Looks like you hit a lot of the major points. However - to me the most important aspect of EVERYTHING that we need to educate people about - is money.

I suggest you include;

Money as Debt (youtube)
Money as Debt II (youtube)

The understanding that fiat money is the tool that is being used to enslave us all is critical - any move to silver and gold would destroy the globalists entirely.

If they no longer control money - then they will die a slow death.

EDIT: PS - Barney Frank is a scum bucket.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
this tells you that,,,, banks are evil,,, and want to prey on innocent misinformed folks

it's not your friendly neighborhood banker,,,, the community bank,,, it's now big business,,, and screw you if you missed the fine print

if they offered an honest deal,,,,, which they should,,,,, what are they so scared of

they should welcome this and advertise,,,, this was reviewed and approved by ["such and such protection agency)

no,, it's a dirty nasty,,,, how can i screw the next guy mentality

it's sad

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

.I have included a copy of the flier that I have passed out -- some 4,000 of them -- to people and many of them were receptive and grateful for the small flier. So, perhaps, this is one way to go. Better than nothing.

I think it is working. As I said I pass out index cards with links to info about the Fed. I just hope it is not too little too late. The red tape has become so stiffling it is almost impossible to start any sort of new business. If we even "think" of extracting any raw materials the Environuts will jump on the USA with both feet screaming to the United Nations for help.

"My wife manages a large main library and told me there are over 37 people on the waiting list for The Creature from Jekyll Island. Branch libraries have similar reservations." - Stan

Reality Zone

I just stumbled onto Reality Zone by G. Edward Griffin. He has a section on his blog called " Unfiltered News

News without propaganda. Political correctness not spoken here. "
headline links are here for the current week.

new topics

top topics

join