It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's Government shows its True Colours

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Not Anti-Semitic, Not Racist, Not Anti Jew, Just Anti Zionist controlled Israeli Government!!

I think this Article speaks volume don't you!?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

"A furious Israel said it would not continue with the peace plan if the UN Human Rights Council endorses a controversial report condemning the Jewish state for war crimes during the Gaza offensive in January.

Britain is planning to abstain in the vote, the Times reports, prompting a heated telephone call between Binyamin Netanyahu, the Israeli Prime Minister, and Gordon Brown on Wednesday night."

Now if people really want to see who's in who's back pocket keep an eye on this and see how many European governments tow the line behind Israel, or turn a blind eye to the atrocities carried out by Israel in the Gaza war.

This is a Government who feels no guilt, remorse or respect for human life but I guess these are the type of governments many countries have these days. They are so disconnected from reality they think its all a game. I had to laugh at Gordon Brown's suggestion on how Israel should do their own IN-House investigation into the war which would get the UN off their backs.
Disgustingly SAD!

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
israel resorting to its usual blackmail tactics? It really is wearing rather thin. This was a war that we all could watch via the internet on a daily basis. We all saw with our own eyes what they did. It is not just that war either..it is the daily torture that Israel inflict on that nation too.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Gordon Brown should be petitioned on this one..he is such a wimp! He makes me so ashamed.

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Yep couldn't agree more with this post. The actions of the Israeli government are disgusting.

I've said it before, but those Jews who lost their lives in the holocaust would be ashamed if they could see Israel today.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I fully agree with you. I do not know how people can dismiss all the facts that Israel's Government is an Evil Zionist Organisation. I feel sorry for the good moral people of Israel who are asleep to the propaganda that this government spews. However its the people of Gaza who are suffering the most, they know what has been done to them over the last century, they are facing obliteration and they know it. How ironic it is that a country whose people suffered a horrific holocaust on the orders of a dictator are basically doing the same thing to the palestinians. Hatred is a blinding illogical stupid emotion!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
Gordon Brown should be petitioned on this one..he is such a wimp! He makes me so ashamed.

Gordon Brown and his government are in bed with Israel, this has been obvious for years. What I'd like to know is how does he sleep at night!! Wasn't there a video a while back showing Gordon doing a weird masonic type handshake. This stuff goes deeper that we know I feel.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
gordo will have to go with israel.

i mean to many joint skeletons in closets wouldnt like an accidental leak about 7/7 now with election time looming.

i used to admire mossad for their no shiit attitude .. now i have educated myself i despise them.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by manxman2]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Its amazing how quiet threads about Israel are when the trolls can't come along and accuse you of being Anti-semitic. Nothing kills a troll like cold hard facts!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well it passed.......

www.timesonline.co.uk...

The UN Human Rights Council has voted to endorse a Gaza war crimes report despite Israel's threats to pull out of the Middle East peace talks in retaliation.

Britain chose not to take part in the vote, which ended 25 to 6 in favour of the resolution, after heated telephone calls between Binyamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister, and Gordon Brown. Downing Street had been planning to order an abstention, but that option was disregarded despite the crucial nature of the vote and its ramifications for stability in the region

...... Is it really Israel's fault that Hamas weren't able to kill as many Israeli's, even though Hamas fired as many rockets with the intention to kill thousands? Were Israel supposed to fire back the same sub-standard rockets?! This is baffling! War is not meant to be fair. Are Israel to blame for Hamas using human shields?

Interesting how the UN who can't even control their own HQ, when Gaddaffi stole the show when his speech lasted almost 3 hours instead of 20 mins, and now they've given the Iranian regime a month to clear up any evidence at their facilities.

Regardless of anyone's views whether Israel were disproportionate or not.... as this could be discussed all day without any sort of agreement here, this resolution will only lead Israel to further unilateral action in the future. The west isn't going to stop backing Israel, so some of you will just have to live with it. Many unfortunately will also die with it as well.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Prior to the vote, Col. Richard Kemp, the former commander of British forces in Afghanistan addressed the UN session, and said that based on his knowledge and experience, during Operation Cast Lead, the IDF "did more to safeguard the rights of civilians in a combat zone than any other army in the history of warfare."

Speaking on behalf of UN Watch, an independent Geneva human rights group, Kemp added that "Israel did so while facing an enemy that deliberately positioned its military capability behind the human shield of the civilian population."

He said that Hamas, like Hizballah, was expert at driving the media agenda.

"Both will always have people ready to give interviews condemning Israeli forces for war crimes," he said. "They are adept at staging and distorting incidents."

"It is the automatic, Pavlovian presumption by many in the international media, and international human rights groups, that the IDF are in the wrong, that they are abusing human rights," continued Kemp. "The truth is that the IDF took extraordinary measures to give Gaza civilians notice of targeted areas, dropping over 2 million leaflets, and making over 100,000 phone calls. Many missions that could have taken out Hamas military capability were aborted to prevent civilian casualties."

"War is chaos and full of mistakes," added the former commander who has served with NATO and the United Nations; commanded troops in Northern Ireland, Bosnia and Macedonia; and participated in the Gulf War. "There have been mistakes by the British, American and other forces in Afghanistan and in Iraq, many of which can be put down to human error. But mistakes are not war crimes."

He stressed that the civilian casualties were a consequence of Hamas' way of fighting, saying the terror group deliberately tried to sacrifice their own civilians.

"Israel had no choice apart from defending its people, to stop Hamas from attack"

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Good post john124, I tracked down the article and posted the link just so that the inevitable Israel decrying crowd can't say you made it up.

UN WATCH

Speech by Col. Kemp, as delivered today, Oct. 16, 2009

UN Watch Oral Statement
UN Human Rights Council, 12th Special Session
Geneva, 16 October 2009

Delivered by Col. Richard Kemp

It is an official statement. A military man dispelling the lies and deceit. Amazing. Bravo Colonel, bravo.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Well it passed.......

www.timesonline.co.uk...

The UN Human Rights Council has voted to endorse a Gaza war crimes report despite Israel's threats to pull out of the Middle East peace talks in retaliation.

Britain chose not to take part in the vote, which ended 25 to 6 in favour of the resolution, after heated telephone calls between Binyamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister, and Gordon Brown. Downing Street had been planning to order an abstention, but that option was disregarded despite the crucial nature of the vote and its ramifications for stability in the region

...... Is it really Israel's fault that Hamas weren't able to kill as many Israeli's, even though Hamas fired as many rockets with the intention to kill thousands? Were Israel supposed to fire back the same sub-standard rockets?! This is baffling! War is not meant to be fair. Are Israel to blame for Hamas using human shields?

Interesting how the UN who can't even control their own HQ, when Gaddaffi stole the show when his speech lasted almost 3 hours instead of 20 mins, and now they've given the Iranian regime a month to clear up any evidence at their facilities.

Regardless of anyone's views whether Israel were disproportionate or not.... as this could be discussed all day without any sort of agreement here, this resolution will only lead Israel to further unilateral action in the future. The west isn't going to stop backing Israel, so some of you will just have to live with it. Many unfortunately will also die with it as well.

The UN are no saints that is for sure... as for whose fault it it... Israel have a stranglehold on gaza, controlling everything in everything out, all the people in Gaza know is poverty and they are sick of it. Wouldn't you be? Their people are being wiped out, pushed to the end of the sandpit by Israeli settlements, slowly they're being suffocated. If I was a palestinian in Gaza I would be angry, would you?? Of course you would! Hamas is a direct result of this suffocation, they are the anger manifestated among the palestinians. One thing to remember is not to look at a group like hamas and assume that all the palestinians support what they're doing (the same way the majority of Ireland do not support the IRA in its wrong doings) but at the same time nobody else will stand up for them or their rights as human beings on this planet, so what alternative do they have?? Not condoning their actions ether by the way.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dnevnoi
reply to post by john124

Good post john124, I tracked down the article and posted the link just so that the inevitable Israel decrying crowd can't say you made it up.

UN WATCH

Speech by Col. Kemp, as delivered today, Oct. 16, 2009

UN Watch Oral Statement
UN Human Rights Council, 12th Special Session
Geneva, 16 October 2009

Delivered by Col. Richard Kemp

It is an official statement. A military man dispelling the lies and deceit. Amazing. Bravo Colonel, bravo.

And we should believe him why?? What did they want Hamas to do? sit out nicely lined up in a field and wait to slaughtered?? Please rebuke anything I have said as false about Israel and how its control over the gaza people??

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I should say by Israel I mean the Israeli Government not the people of Israel, although saying that what do the people not speak up and tell the Israel Government to release Gaza from its grip??

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kcfusion
The UN are no saints that is for sure... as for whose fault it it... Israel have a stranglehold on gaza, controlling everything in everything out, all the people in Gaza know is poverty and they are sick of it.

And yet the people of Gaza are unwilling to press Hamas to seek out a peace deal and end attacks on Israel.

Wouldn't you be? Their people are being wiped out, pushed to the end of the sandpit by Israeli settlements, slowly they're being suffocated. If I was a palestinian in Gaza I would be angry, would you?? Of course you would! Hamas is a direct result of this suffocation, they are the anger manifestated among the palestinians.

So what you say is that instead of a peace movement in the form of a dove, they are more like a falcon of vengeance? Hamas' idiotic attacks are the entire reason why Israel attacks when attacked.

One thing to remember is not to look at a group like hamas and assume that all the palestinians support what they're doing (the same way the majority of Ireland do not support the IRA in its wrong doings) but at the same time nobody else will stand up for them or their rights as human beings on this planet, so what alternative do they have?? Not condoning their actions ether by the way.

You are condoning them, otherwise you wouldn't have said all that.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I should say by Israel I mean the Israeli Government not the people of Israel, although saying that what do the people not speak up and tell the Israel Government to release Gaza from its grip??

Because they remember the transit stations, markets, crowded buses, streets, and gathering areas that were bombed by the PLO and other terrorists. And those were just the attacks that followed through, countless others were prevented by the Yemam and other groups. As an analogy, if there is a stigma, do you isolate it, or let it spread and consume you? Do you let terrorism spread or do you stop it at the source?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dnevnoi

Because they remember the transit stations, markets, crowded buses, streets, and gathering areas that were bombed by the PLO and other terrorists. And those were just the attacks that followed through, countless others were prevented by the Yemam and other groups. As an analogy, if there is a stigma, do you isolate it, or let it spread and consume you? Do you let terrorism spread or do you stop it at the source?

I ask you one question... Why did they bomb these areas??? And by stop it at the source do you mean irradicate the palestinians or actually allow them to live as free people. You are avoiding the facts because you are emotionally involved.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
FEAR and INTIMIDATION brought up by uninformed

Zionism simply is the support of Israels right existing as a state but it is much more as we have all seen.

Speak out against Israel you are labeled anti-semetic. What they fail to realize that speaking out against arabic folks is anti-semetic.

Gods chosen - do not speak out against Israel or G-d will curse and destroy you.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Prior to the vote, Col. Richard Kemp, the former commander of British forces in Afghanistan addressed the UN session, and said that based on his knowledge and experience, during Operation Cast Lead, the IDF "did more to safeguard the rights of civilians in a combat zone than any other army in the history of warfare."

Speaking on behalf of UN Watch, an independent Geneva human rights group, Kemp added that "Israel did so while facing an enemy that deliberately positioned its military capability behind the human shield of the civilian population."

He said that Hamas, like Hizballah, was expert at driving the media agenda.

"Both will always have people ready to give interviews condemning Israeli forces for war crimes," he said. "They are adept at staging and distorting incidents."

"It is the automatic, Pavlovian presumption by many in the international media, and international human rights groups, that the IDF are in the wrong, that they are abusing human rights," continued Kemp. "The truth is that the IDF took extraordinary measures to give Gaza civilians notice of targeted areas, dropping over 2 million leaflets, and making over 100,000 phone calls. Many missions that could have taken out Hamas military capability were aborted to prevent civilian casualties."

"War is chaos and full of mistakes," added the former commander who has served with NATO and the United Nations; commanded troops in Northern Ireland, Bosnia and Macedonia; and participated in the Gulf War. "There have been mistakes by the British, American and other forces in Afghanistan and in Iraq, many of which can be put down to human error. But mistakes are not war crimes."

He stressed that the civilian casualties were a consequence of Hamas' way of fighting, saying the terror group deliberately tried to sacrifice their own civilians.

"Israel had no choice apart from defending its people, to stop Hamas from attack"

You forgot to say that Israel fired the first shot.

Anyway despite all your blathering the UN says there are going to be prosecutions. Hopefully we will see all those smug Israeli war mongers behind bars

War Crimes

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

Zionist=Jewish. More anti semitic tripe. What's with the huge amount of anti-christians and antisemites on this board? Israel has a right to exist and Iran and the Arab nations are looking to destroy Israel and the Israelis!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join