It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 year old boy riding in a flying saucer shaped balloon over Colorado

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I knew there was no kid in the balloon because if you see it's motions, the balloon did not fly about a center of gravity. It was not oscillating in flight.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What are you talking about i never said he shouldnt have had the balloon.

HE SHOULD HAVE HAD IT PROPERLY SECURED!!!!!!!

anyways hope he wasnt in the ballon and its a happy ending

[edit on 15-10-2009 by truthbtold]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well now it looks like its down to the possibility that the kid was never in it at all (hoax) or that he bailed out early and at a low altitude. Given then information pulled up on the family so far I'm suspecting its all an attention ploy, if they canvased the neighborhood he lived in they might very well find him hanging out at a friends house waiting to get the all clear from his father.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ok, I really dont even care. you are know aware of what i was getting at and like u said all that matters is hopefully the kid is ok. Yes it should be secured properly, im not getting at that. it is my bad if i miss interperted your original post. I apologize and am moving on. I hope the kid is safe.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I still have the live feed up from the news helicopter.

They're just starting to re-trace the course along the balloons flight path (Platville - Fort Collins) to see if they can spot anything on the ground such as emergency vehicles etc.

Apparently another crew had their cameras on the craft since it left the Fort Collins area, nearly 1.5 hrs, and they never saw anything fall out.

This is going to freak me out a little until they find him...

Damn us humans and our emotions...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
the more I look at this, the more I suspect that the father was building this to perpetuate a ufo hoax...alot of the design is, what appears, unnecessary and so one has to wonder why they designed it that way.

if thats the case, there is a certain amount of karma involved here, just sucks the 6 year old is in there

I was gonna say what was he an amateur scientist in, ufo hoaxing?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthbtold
reply to post by vip867

LOL their is a diffrence with a accident and neglect.

So i guess its safe to leave poison on the counter top in reachable distance if you have a toddler around??? This is what your implying?

Wow im speechless.

Simple fact of the matter is if you have a ballon kids could get in and get killed you dont think you have it tied down. YOU know you have it tied down and tied down good enough a kid cant untie it.

Pretty simple

[edit on 15-10-2009 by truthbtold]

Something that is FORESEEABLE is not an accident.

Big Balloon. Gun. Sword on wall. Children.

Any of these things should be clear what is sure to happen!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
CNN has said that the "Balloon Flight Center" in Albuquerque said that there was enough helium in the balloon to lift a six year old child. So, that rules out hoax or anything like that.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
the balloon couldnt have taken off with a kid inside, which means the little brat is simply hiding.

While that's not certain, it does seem possible. There's a thread on ATS about a guy trying to duplicate the helium balloon hoax just to lift up a flare and he was having a hard time just getting the flare off the ground with the lift of a helium balloon. And while that balloon in CO is much bigger, I'm not sure it's big enough.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thats not a weather balloon, this is clearly swamp gas.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Sorry we need extraordinary evidence to back your claims...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
At this point, I really don't care much for any kind of conspiracy.

My concern is the boy.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Where is the humor in this. You must not have kids. I hope with all hope that the kid is scared because he let the thing go but he very well may be gone.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There was a box attached which is what the kid got into, it wasnt on the box when it landed. The box and the kid fell off if the kid was inside. They are looking for the box.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is apparently the father on iReport talking about structures he has found on Mars:

www.ireport.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Apparently there WAS a basket originally attached to the bottom, which was meant to hold batteries of some type, and not meant to hold a person by any means.

Both the boy and the basket are confirmed missing, and a major search is getting underway. The Sheriff's dept is making a statement now from the family's home.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hoax or not, will balloon boy story be used to ridicule ufo cases like The Phoenix Lights? No mention yet of how much the kid weighed.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
i saw a few mins ago on either cnn or fox that the father was very interested in magnetism and anti-gravity and they showed a vid of him pointing to strange structures on mars with the vid titled: New Mars:
Pyramid Found. The fact that the kid has not been found in the balloon, makes it question if this was just a fictitious story to get some attention to his beliefs.

Dont get me wrong, i really hope the kid is okay and safe, and i pray he is, but it is a very strange story.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
the balloon doesn't look huge or very hi tech and it was brefered to from the start on msm as "an experimental aircraft", the father is very interested in exopolitics etc and sent an iReport to CNN about pyramids on Mars.
I can't believe this balloon lifted the kid, unless he was tiny.
Is their something strange unraveling here?
It's reads like a human interest story with overtones of ufo abduction.
How will this unfold?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
British TV are reporting the boy's been found alive ... more to follow

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join