It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basic Survival Kit!! HELP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hi im going to be making up a survival pack and am wondering what would be most useful, im going to put it all in a rucksack and keep it in my house until such a time where i will need it
all input is greatly appreciated
peace and love all xx

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Tons of posts in the Survival Forum. Do a search on BOB bags. Your choices are virtually limitless depending on your environment.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Google some of the survival kits that are available for purchase.

See what's in them, and create your own. On ATS, there have been numerous threads, with some very bright people pointing out some very good things.

Oddly, the basics necessary are few and inexpensive.

Until you need them.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

well i am from scotland, so my enviroment would be wet, cold, countryside

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Agree with other posters, do a search on here for BOB and you will find some old threads, even some with pics.

It also depends what you want from your kit. What you want will depend on what you put in.
Different locations will require different set-ups.

First of all answer me this, What do you feel your bag will be required for ?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
To save you time.
2 days worth of food. If you can survive for two days on a can of beans, go for it.
fishing line and hooks.
Survival blanket.
map
compass
matches
lighter
tinder or steel wool
knife

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
To save you time.
2 days worth of food. If you can survive for two days on a can of beans, go for it.
fishing line and hooks.
Survival blanket.
map
compass
matches
lighter
tinder or steel wool
knife

two days, well I suppose it is down to personal preference, I like to carry 3 boxes of British Army Ration packs, This packs are designed for 3 24 hour periods but you can make them last out for around 5 days if need be.

They do weigh a little bit but when you eat your pack get lighter.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by colec156]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
Hi im going to be making up a survival pack and am wondering what would be most useful, im going to put it all in a rucksack and keep it in my house until such a time where i will need it
all input is greatly appreciated
peace and love all xx

www.abovetopsecret.com...
help.abovetopsecret.com...
now.... type,read,use brain,repeat

[edit on 13-10-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

What skills do you have?

What knowledge do you have?

What is your physical conditioning? Mental toughness? Be honest. That is also a rhetorical question.

Skills and knowledge, and the ability to improvise are light. Gear can be heavy.

There are basic gear items. Customize your list and dont use others lists.

HERE is a article I put on my blog. It might help you get started without making the same mistakes I made, and others probably made too.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I don't know what is contained in the ration packs you have, but if you can add to it with lightweight high caloric foods, so much the better. If you live in Scotland, then you know to have a pair of H2O resistant boots, a rain suit, and a slicker next to your rucksack. Nothing worse on the concentration than being WET and Cold at the same time.
Other than that, I suggest you do an ATS search and google search for basic skills needed in your part of the world. Learn them, practice them, and then practice them some more. Can you start a fire without matches? Can you use a firesteel? Fire is you most first and most important friend in a survival situation. Get a fire steel and learn to use it by starting fires on the grill when you cook out doors. Then add to your skills as quickly as you can, but make sure you are proficient in the skills you learn.

new topics

top topics

join