It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are What You Think-

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
No matter who you are, whatever your religion, your philosophy in life, you are what you think. Its your thoughts that breed your mind. Your very thoughts create your Reality, so -who you think, is what you are. eg; I am a poor person today, I am jobless, I am hopeless, but by changing my thoughts, I can Create a Positive outlook. I can by the power of thought Create my Own Life.

So simple but true. Things happen, but when we change our perspective into a positive rather than dwelling on the negative, we will Create a Positive Change. Why do you think the Shakespearean phrase was - "To Be Or Not To Be." We Have the POWER - we Only need to "Believe In Ourselves!"

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by catalyst2466

Of course. Most peeps think they are something or want to become something. But... I think this is what causes conflict in mind, a reasonable factor to cause neurosis. Way I see it, we have to be what we are, not what we think we are.

-v

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

But how does a child's mindset create their reality, for example? Children don't think of themselves in terms of such self-awareness. So how does a child who is abused create their reality? Or does their reality not matter?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ethereal Gargoyle

Originally posted by Ethereal Gargoyle

So how does a child who is abused create their reality? Or does their reality not matter?

I guess children's mindset isn't the issue at hand. It is well know psychological fact - if I dare to use this expression - that children mimics adult behaviour.

I think it was C.G.Jung who compared children to moon; thus reflecting only the light of the sun, altered. I also recall him saying that if child would have psychological problems, he would instead analyze the parents.

-v

[edit on 13-10-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Now, I was just on to that, & so was just thinking that I should clearly define the difference here. I am not talking about wild imagination of wanting to be something that clearly is not within our making. I'm talking about the day to day grind of earthly life, we can change our 'situations' that come to pass which we may find difficult at times. Though it is the way that we react to the situation, we can either blame, or accept and heal and move on.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

That is a whole different mindset altogether, in fact a different branch of psychology, one that would have to deal with 'traumatised children.'

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

OK, "mindset" was not the best expression, I should have chosen another one. But what I was getting at was simply the experience of *little* children who are beaten and abused. They are not mimicking anything, they are simply being abused and suffering.
How would that gel with the theory that we are *totally* responsible for our reality?

OR.... at which point in life, at what age, does a person become the "master" of his reality (one way or another, i.e. a good or poor manager of his experience)?

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Thoughts create Reality, through the etheric web, our thoughts are expelled, those thought forms then create a pool of subatomic energy made up of molecules and atoms, this is the nature of energy. It is then fested into areas that where "Like attracts Like>" - This is the very Nature of -"Reality."................

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by catalyst2466
No matter who you are, whatever your religion, your philosophy in life, you are what you think. Its your thoughts that breed your mind. Your very thoughts create your Reality, so -who you think, is what you are. eg; I am a poor person today, I am jobless, I am hopeless, but by changing my thoughts, I can Create a Positive outlook. I can by the power of thought Create my Own Life.

So simple but true. Things happen, but when we change our perspective into a positive rather than dwelling on the negative, we will Create a Positive Change. Why do you think the Shakespearean phrase was - "To Be Or Not To Be." We Have the POWER - we Only need to "Believe In Ourselves!"

Hi Catalyst.

I guess in a way you are right, we try to control or influence the way we perceive ourselves but at the same time we cannot control that in others. That any other persons perception of us will also change along with ones own change in thought. This creates a problem in that I may believe I am what I am but others can effect that by offering a different reality to challenge that. Not only does this create conflicts in ones own reality, it also challenges ones ability to merely be what one thinks one is because there is conflict between the internal thought of what "I" am and the external references that co-exist simultaneously but differ to what I think I am.
Can I ignore these external explanations of what I am and focus on merely what I think I am. Yes. But does this mean what I think is really what I am? Only internally.
Do we purely live an internal existence based on what we think we are? No, well I don't, so I don't accept that the reality of who I am is purely a result of my thoughts because my thoughts can be inspired by so many external influences as well.

Interesting topic.

I think too though, that being positive is a perspective or approach to the reality of who you are and not merely that you are that, positive. Being positive does not change exactly what you are in other words, as yourself or to others.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

So you are basically saying we should become blissfully ignorant of those things that give us negative feelings or thoughts or have a negative impact on us?

And those that have been abused and traumatised do not count?

Have you thought this through?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Exactly, i have mind control being used on me for 17 years, the scum would never let me live my life, and made sure which job i went to was destroyed and if i moved away they would follow me there too.

No matter how much positive thinking you apply to that, my life is still destroyed, as you have to live in the world with others. People believe stuff so easily about people, and people love destroying lifes.

I will never believe in positive thinking ever, as i know there will always be people perving into my life, just desperate for me to be destroyed.

You peopel should have a positive outlook in life, but just be who you are, and thats where peace comes.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hmph.

READ. Especially my comment. Time for a dose of reality.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Thanks for your post atlastastro, I guess I am speaking more in terms of a esoteric nature. So there is much more that meets the eye. -cheers..

[edit on 13-10-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Koka

Nope! Seek the above post that I mention about the dynamics of energy.
.../2line...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Thoughts create Reality, through the etheric web, our thoughts are expelled, those thought forms then create a pool of subatomic energy made up of molecules and atoms, this is the nature of energy. It is then fested into areas that where "Like attracts Like>" - This is the very Nature of -"Reality."................

I feel that I Need To Repeat this....

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

So am I.
If we include the ethereal web of energies of others and the universe itself, then they to are going to influence the way we are, our ability to influence, control or effect the reality of any existence.

I have read etheric energy fields of over 2 meters outside of the body. Energy is overlapping, say like chakras etc.

The Like attracts like belief that surround the emotional energies philosophizes that those we attract will mirror what we send out. So we have to be aware of the external to know what that reflection is in order to then use this influence to change perspectives from say a positive one from a negative one. No matter what philosophy, religion, belief or perspective. The external influences of others will effect what you think you are and in some cases is reliant on it more that purely what is driven from personal thought.

link   
reply to post by andy1033

Ya noticing you and I, who have a LOT to critique about 'thoughts of fairies and unicorns dancing together' (otherwise known as positive thinking, or stinking, if you want my honest opinion) are being completely ignored? Reality just doesn't seem to exist for some people.

link   

I feel that I Need To Repeat this....

I guess you do, but I am still none the wiser, I seemed to have stumbled into a gray philosophy and apologise for my input as I have no interest in such matters and will bow out graciously.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I think I'm rich , but my bank statement says otherwise, so that blows your theory out the water ....

Nah saying that though, you are the sum of all your experiences, you either treat them as such or ignore them.
You can change the person you are , by wanting to be better or in some cases worse than you currently are.
You are your parents beliefs, your school teachers beliefs, your government beliefs, they train you, they taught you to be a good little citizen, its up to you to be who you want to be, if your not happy with your personality or your situation, change it, but you have to fight your conditioning which tells you otherwise. You have to WANT to change .

Wanting will lead to thinking, but first you have to think about change.

You know the difference between right and wrong, be the best you can, but first you have to think you have to change, unless your happy with yourself.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

This is very true what your saying. Though I guess if we are going to start from a 'Knowing Perception'- then we can change our thoughts through positive thought processes that change our future outcome. As the saying also goes 'Nothing happens By Chance.'

top topics

<<   2 >>

join