It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enemy of the state. Are you next?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

I will add this again, it didn't gain too much traction the last time.

Source
www.stoptheaclu.com...

Here is some interesting as well as character confirming info about one of Barack Obama’s former runs for office. Apparently, Obama actively sought and received the stamp of approval of a Marxist third party that operated briefly in Chicago between 1992 and 1998. The group was called the “New Party” and was started in 1992 by Daniel Cantor (a former staffer for Jesse Jackson’s 1988 presidential campaign) and Joel Rogers (a sociology and law professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison).

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Talk radio is next. Take it to the bank. This fight hasn't even started yet.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Talk Radio has been a target for years. I agree that it is on the chopping block, but what are the oposers going to say to the 30 million + people that listen?

The left has tried for EVER to emerge on the talk radio scene. Aside from Alan Combs (yeah, he's a liberal, but he does make sense sometimes) none have been a success.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I have no use for the present administration in Washington , DC..

We have a president that, in my opinion, is not qualified to run our country.

There is not one elected official I have any faith in.

I do not trust any main stream news media to tell me the truth.

I am prepared in mind and all other ways to fight and protect my freedom and religious beliefs to the death.

I will make it my main concern to work to unseat all incumbents when they are up for reelection. And I am doing my best to see that everybody I come in contact with is registered to vote.

I will work with the candidates I deem worthy and try my best to see that they win the election.

Is anything I've just said politically incorrect? I hope not. It's the way I was raised and it's my freedom to voice what I feel.

Have I gone mad?

[edit on 13-10-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitemhard

*mmffgghh* *ggbblllggmmffpp* *rrmmggfffpppttt*

There, got the gag off, but I'm still in "madness."

As this grows, there will be louder and louder voices. FOX will become insignificant then.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

This is my question. Who is next?

Yes, who is next. I, as a smoker, have been asking this question for years every time government passes restrictions, and higher taxes. Now I just have a good laugh when people ask this question in regards to other things.

Who is next? I no longer care, may you all get what you deserve, and I mean that in the worst way possible from the bottom of my heart.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by SpacePunk]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think you are over-reacting to something that isn't such a big deal. Why not let the state take you? Would it be such a bad thing? I'm joking, but my point is, I think there is a bit of an over-reaction here.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellusAnita Dunn, the new White House Gestapo agent against anyone who says anything different from the White House talking points has targeted FOX as a wing of the republican party.

I wouldn't put anything past this administration, today it was announced that Major Garrett of Fox News has the Swine Flu Virus, I wouldn't put it past these idiots to infect the guy just to get the point across that everyone should bow down to the Feds Mercury laden Vaccine to be a priority to your good health.
www.mediaite.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

First they came for FOX,
But I did not watch FOX
Then they came for CNN,
But I did not watch CNN
Then they came for the WSJ,
But I did not read the WSJ

Then they demanded factual reporting....but I was unfamilair with that phrase. (spoken slowly in a soft fear mongering voice)

Terrific thread! Especially the whole POTUS as Hitler thing. Very original and shows a real sensitivity to the holocaust as well! Bravo!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Awww, I'm sure you'll look good in brown.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Enemy of the state. Are you next? For those not versed in history, Pastor Martin Niehmoller was a Protestant clergyman in Germany during the early days of the Nazi government in the 1930s. He initially supported Hitler but later actively opposed the Nazis. He was arrested by the Gestapo in 1937 and sent to the Sachsenhausen and Dachau concentration camps. Allied forces liberated him at the end of World War II. After the war, Niemoller famously said: “First they came for the Communists, but I was not a Communist, so I said nothing. Then they came for the Social Democrats, but I was not a Social Democrat, so I did nothing. Then came the trade unionists, but I was not a trade unionist. And then they came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew, so I did little. Then when they came for me, there was no one left to stand up for me.” Source www.democraticunderground.com...

(S&F)

Great thread!

It does resemble whats happening today. hopefully more people see this, so if it does happen some more, the people can recognize it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
What people need to remember is, the White House is a BRANCH OF THE GOVT! They are the EXECUTIVE BRANCH of the United States govt. This isn't a campaign anymore, they are a branch of govt, and any govt branch attacking news outlets for unfavorable coverage is a big big big big big problem. It doesn't matter if this was Republican or a Democrat, its wrong no matter who does it. A branch of govt, has made it its official policy to target one particular news outlet, and use US tax dollars to do it. Any freedom lover should be ashamed by this, even if you cannot stand Fox News.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Terrific thread! Especially the whole POTUS as Hitler thing. Very original and shows a real sensitivity to the holocaust as well! Bravo!

Listen up my freind, there is a HUGE difference, consider if there had been an internet in 1939... there might not have been a holocaust .. jewish, gypsy, polish or whatever...

If a person chooses to act while HE STILL CAN, because the writing is on the wall, that is good thing.

The Feds in DC are a bunch of crooks.. but then crooks tend to make good nazis.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What is obvious to many of us, is the defensive protectionism of the people who still defend 'your team' --- either the Dems or the Repubs......

Listen damn it, both groups are tools of the government in place now and the 'ones' pulling the strings to position all of us to give up the Liberties we once had and once Constitutionally safetied in place.

Keep up your bickering and lame > tit for tat < mentality and you will soon be the same boat together without an oar....

Reconsider please the goal. The goal is to regain our country and the management of our own lives. It is THEM who are now shaking scary 'spiders and snakes' around us keeping us unfocused on the goal.

The government is way out of control and it may take more than most of us are willing to sacrifice to get it back ...... Fine, if you are one of those then it is your right to passively 'HOPE' for change ..... But, there are many of men and women who are willing to sacrifice their lives for their children and other peoples children against enemies both foreign and domestic to maintain a freedom that once was admired in the world.

BTW, your missing your TV show....

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I hope the OP fully understands the fact that the man who made the original "First they came for" quote, would literally roll over in his grave with your interpretation where you've inserted mainstream media outlets.

The ignorance displayed in the OP is so repugnant and delusional that I exited this thread several times before actually deciding to write this. You and reality, apparently have never met.

EDITTOADD: Mike, I have enjoyed your content in the past, but I think you're totally off base here with your interpretation.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by king9072]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Fox is basically a wing of the Republican party. How can anyone deny that it's not the propaganda machine for the party. They basically cover the daily talking points of the Republicans every day. They switched from being the Bush cheerleading station to the anti-Obama station the day he was elected. What other news station treated the death panel myth like it was real news?

I think the White House is correct as treating it as a political organization that has a goal of defeating anything they try to pass. Doing otherwise will be at their peril.

So MSNBC and CNN are not spreading the Democrat talking points? They are not refusing to cover stories that make Obama look bad? They haven't misled the public on what is going on? Oh and the "death panels" where in the original house draft version, though they called them "review panels". They have been taken out of the more recent version because of the uproar caused by Fox and others.

I'd also like to point out the Emanual when he worked for Clinton pioneered the use of "talking points" he was the first chief of staff to fax them to friendly media to cover. So it's funny that the party that started us down the road to parrot press is crying foul about not controlling all the media.

Lets start breaking the hands of Concert Pianists because they are too good, they make me with my stubby fingers feel bad.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Actually, I think there IS a remake in the works - and America is supposed to be to blame for their own invasion

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

BTW, if my political ideology has put me in "Political Madness" then I'm buying a sofa and a nice coffee table, and making it my home.

I had a thread a month ago that I just got a U2U that it was being moved to "Political Madness" not sure why a post where I asked why they are doing polling in Canada on how good a job Obama is doing is Madness. I thought that was odd to me....

Can I have chair beside the couch? I don't like sitting on the couch with other people.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I do respect your words, King, but felt that this had to get out in a way that WOULD wake some people up.

I'd still write the same thing if it were a republican president and the network was MSNBC.

Wrong is wrong. No matter how you draw the line.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join