It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enemy of the state. Are you next?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

For those not versed in history, Pastor Martin Niehmoller was a Protestant clergyman in Germany during the early days of the Nazi government in the 1930s. He initially supported Hitler but later actively opposed the Nazis. He was arrested by the Gestapo in 1937 and sent to the Sachsenhausen and Dachau concentration camps. Allied forces liberated him at the end of World War II. After the war, Niemoller famously said: “First they came for the Communists, but I was not a Communist, so I said nothing. Then they came for the Social Democrats, but I was not a Social Democrat, so I did nothing. Then came the trade unionists, but I was not a trade unionist. And then they came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew, so I did little. Then when they came for me, there was no one left to stand up for me.”

Source
www.democraticunderground.com...

For the mods, I tried to save the time and placed my post here.

First they came for FOX,
But I did not watch FOX
Then they came for CNN,
But I did not watch CNN
Then they came for the WSJ,
But I did not read the WSJ
Then they came for me. . . .

Anita Dunn, the new White House Gestapo agent against anyone who says anything different from the White House talking points has targeted FOX as a wing of the republican party. I guess that means that all others are wings of the democrat party?

Source
www.huffingtonpost.com...

conservativexpress.blogspot.com...

digg.com...

This is my question. Who is next? Gods forbid you actually disagree with the White House now. Tow the line, or get labeled. Is the "Fairness Doctrine" next? When do they draw the line? Are just web folks next? Would I be shut out?

This is sick and digusting. Just imagine for a moment if the Bush White House said the same thing.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
That's what makes this so hard to fathom! Who does Barry think he is? Had Bush cut off the liberal media as enemies of the state, what would be the reaction?

It's getting more and more dangerous.

I belive, "what you tolerate you encourage," and will no longer encourage the unintolerable. I wont be called a liar by liars, or crazy by crazy people. I wont let theives call me a thief, and I wont let those that are conciously destroying everything that has made this country great, tell me I'm destroying the country!

ENOUGH!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Well said. It's like they aren't even hiding it any more. I personally believe the gloves have come off.

What fight ensues, remains to be seen.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The brand new Chief Diversity Officer in the FCC has plans for the likes of Fox news, conservative radio, and most likely sites like ATS. They want everyone to be on a level playing field, equally funded, equally staffed and equally able. Imagine the excitement in the NFL if that were the case. In this administrations eyes all final scores should end in a tie.

I think that the evil eye that the White House casts upon its opposition is beginning to rub off on ATS. I have been labeled an extreme right wing Republican more times in the last weeks than in my entire life.

I especially like the new Political Madness label that has been so broadly applied to any and all political threads past and present. As determined by the PTB of course.

Where was the Political Madness through all the years of anti Bush venom and hatred. Obama hasn't even been in office for a year and now all political posts that stray from strict political policy are deemed "Madness".

[edit on 13-10-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

*gods* you are spot on! Remember in the old soviet union, if you disagreed with the PTB, then you were considered "sick" and had to be made well at government "clinics."?

Re-education Camps for those of you living in Rio Linda. . . .

The irony is that I have always considered myself "mainstream". Nothing out of the usual. Now I'm a damn freedom fighter fighting a war against people who have no clue.

Go figure.

oh, by the way. . . . . .

Wolverenes!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

BTW, if my political ideology has put me in "Political Madness" then I'm buying a sofa and a nice coffee table, and making it my home.

"You can put me in a box, you can try to stop me from speaking, I'm just going to yell LOUDER!!!"

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Where was the Political Madness through all the years of anti Bush venom and hatred. Obama hasn't even been in office for a year and now all political posts that stray from strict political policy are deemed "Madness".
[edit on 13-10-2009 by jibeho]

You deserve a MILLION stars for that. Unfortunately I can only give you one.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by jibeho

Re-education Camps for those of you living in Rio Linda. . . .

That made me lol. Funny though, most people who bash him will not get it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

I know. Just my little "homage" to someone who shouts as loud, if not louder than me.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Next step will be, dollar tanks, so in fairness to the global command structure, America will operate in SDR's and food will be rationed, as long as you speak highly of the sitting administration.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
the problem is the patriot act means america is a world police, so they can also target anyone in world, probably except china dn russia.

So be careful, in europe too.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by exposethosesecrets

I love Obama. He's my god.
He's my hero.

Can my family eat now?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

oh, by the way. . . . . .

Wolverenes!!!

I see a remake!! Replace the Russians with Blackwater or UN troops, and add some special effects, release it in the Midwest 2 weeks ahead of the coasts, and its a blockbuster!!

(RedDawn for those of you that missed it!)

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Anita Dunn, the new White House Gestapo agent against anyone who says anything different from the White House talking points has targeted FOX as a wing of the republican party. I guess that means that all others are wings of the democrat party?

Fox is basically a wing of the Republican party. How can anyone deny that it's not the propaganda machine for the party. They basically cover the daily talking points of the Republicans every day. They switched from being the Bush cheerleading station to the anti-Obama station the day he was elected. What other news station treated the death panel myth like it was real news?

I think the White House is correct as treating it as a political organization that has a goal of defeating anything they try to pass. Doing otherwise will be at their peril.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

And so they treat the other news agencies, as what? Partners in crime? Associates? Spokesmen?

You can't have it both ways. Either there is a freedom to disagree or there isn't.

Which one is it?

SM2

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Fox is basically a wing of the Republican party. How can anyone deny that it's not the propaganda machine for the party. They basically cover the daily talking points of the Republicans every day. They switched from being the Bush cheerleading station to the anti-Obama station the day he was elected. What other news station treated the death panel myth like it was real news?

I think the White House is correct as treating it as a political organization that has a goal of defeating anything they try to pass. Doing otherwise will be at their peril.

So, what other news group actually reported on the 1.7 million people marching on washington? Th rest said what ? 40,000 people? CNN, MSNBC,and the networks (nbc, abc) all act as Obama's propaganda machine. Was it not CNN that started the "Armed, Angry white supremists outside Obama speeches" thing? That turned out to be a black man, but a clerverly edited video fixed that. What about Van Jones? Wasnt Fox the only one that asked the question? What about the Acorn videos? Wasnt that Fox? Didnt CNN ignore these stories? Why? Well, because it against What the left wanted to say or do, so they mobilized thier political arms.

It is obvious that all of them have a slant to them, that is fine. But, for the president to actually call one out, and refuse to go on it, plus call them names, well that just immature and frankly, silly. If Bush had refused to go ABC or CNN, their would have been calls for his head on a pike over it. Not that there werent reason enough to call for his head on a pike for other things.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The thing about talk radio and to a lesser extent FNC is that they wear their ideology on their sleeve, while the alphabet networks cuff said sleeve and try to pass what they report as unbiased. Its really only a matter honesty and integrity in reporting. Mainstream Journalism died years ago. This is why you are here, and that scares the crap out of them.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Right on Mike. I fear the time that we could actually trust ANY of them is long gone. 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend.' I don't know if I would go that far, but if the administration has a problem with Fox, good for them. My issue is that this crap is all made up. They sit around with the execs from Fox and drink beers talking about how they can discredit everyone else by making Fox look renegade and then BAM, the old switcheroo...then Fox is the only station left....and it turns out they ARE in bed with the WH.

It's all just entertainment....thanks to you folks here, I don't think I will ever trust a news broadcast again....ever.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I see a remake!! Replace the Russians with Blackwater or UN troops, and add some special effects, release it in the Midwest 2 weeks ahead of the coasts, and its a blockbuster!!

(RedDawn for those of you that missed it!)

Red Dawn

It's the Chi-Comms this time.

Back on topic:

I can't help feeling that we are about to get a history lesson about 1930's Germany but this time it will be modern day and in 3-D

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

My big question, is who is next?

Is some network going to have the stones to point out a flaw in the Obama administration?

Or is it just one boy who shouts that the emperor has no clothes?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join