It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enemy of the state. Are you next?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Originally posted by mikerussellus
BTW, if my political ideology has put me in "Political Madness" then I'm buying a sofa and a nice coffee table, and making it my home.

I had a thread a month ago that I just got a U2U that it was being moved to "Political Madness" not sure why a post where I asked why they are doing polling in Canada on how good a job Obama is doing is Madness. I thought that was odd to me....

Can I have chair beside the couch? I don't like sitting on the couch with other people.

No problem, but use a coaster, would you? I just bought the coffee table.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I love Obama. He's my god. He's my hero. Can my family eat now?

That is a ridiculous exaggeration. Being called a nut by this administration is no worse than being called unpatriotic or unamaerican by the previous.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I love Obama. He's my god.
He's my hero.

Can my family eat now?

Ask monsanto, GM, pepsi/coke, etc. They are the ones starving you, not the ever-marionette admin.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Isn't it funny?

I can't count the number of times in posts on ATS how people say that the MSM is "CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc." and then say that Fox News is the truth...

The only reason why they say that Fox News is the truth is because they put down Obama all of the time on some of the dumbest things...

Glenn Beck has lost it, and all he's doing is just trying to generate profit and numbers for his show.

O'Reilly and Hannity have also gone off the deep end, trying to put down anyone who sides with Obama or his administration.

It's a joke...

Fox News is clearly MSM...

They loved Bush, and hate Obama. They're a conservative network.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Transhumanist

I love Obama. He's my god. He's my hero. Can my family eat now?

That is a ridiculous exaggeration. Being called a nut by this administration is no worse than being called unpatriotic or unamaerican by the previous.

Neither example is appropriate. The Bush White House shouldn't have done that, and the Obama White House shouldn't be doing this. Pretty simple. Stock rooting for a political party like they are a sports team......

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I derive much pleasure from watching these bastards fall victim to their own 'divide and conquer" game is all I have to say.

It was only a matter of time, and it's about time!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka
The Feds in DC are a bunch of crooks.. but then crooks tend to make good nazis.

That's true. They ALL are, very much including the republicans who have FOX licking their arses 24/7. The problem with these threads is it's the same few disgruntled 'right-wingers' starting them, and patting each other on the back for saying the exact same things, over and over and over. If McCain had won, the same people would still have control, but instead of the same few righties starting thread after thread, it would be the same few lefties. This pre-occupation with staged spats between the government and the media is all just politics as usual, designed to distract and divide the people. Obama and Bush are the same, just cosmetically different sides of the EXACT same coin, in the pocket of the elite.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure Fox is a RNC tool. They disguise themselves as "media". The problem is that you can label *any* media as a political tool and then ban it, according to this theory.

Obama's administration was unwise to ban Fox. Fox will just feed its viewer complete crap, and since Fox can't get videos, there won't even be that much evidence to prove them wrong. They can say whatever they want now, and no one can question them "but your video didn't show that".

It's a bad idea to take on media head-on, if you're a politician. The media controls the information and propaganda.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Like I said in a post earlier today. Other news stations point out flaws in the Obama administration. However, there is a difference between pointing out the flaws in the current administration (doing their job) and being out to get the current administration (boarder line bias entertainment).

A news station's job is to report the news and sometimes give opinions on either side of the story. I'm just surprised Fox news has convinced so many people that news reporting is something other than that.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
While I entirely agree that FOX is just as guilty as the rest of the MSM, I think at this moment in time they are the closest thing we have to objective. That being said, I would never trust anything reported on FOX without checking ATS first!!

If a person scans CNN, FOX, and MSNBC they can form somewhat of a realistic view, but I will take Coffeshop talk and ATS anyday!!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'm a big believer that you watch or read all sides, and then do your own research. Relying on any news network or source is both lazy and ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Lets say, for grins that FOX is a tool for the GOP, what then does that make ALL the other networks? We can discredit FOX for one thing, but allow free reign for the rest of the stations?

Puh-lease! The others are then just a tool for POTUS. And to be honest, I can't imagine wwhich one is worse.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Puh-lease! The others are then just a tool for POTUS. And to be honest, I can't imagine wwhich one is worse.

Did you feel that way when the guy on your avatar was in office? Probably not. And no, we don't miss him, because he never left. He's just gotten a little more tan and worked on his jumpshot, other than that, he's still here. It's funny how Obama and his masters have you right where they want you. You're just as important to him as the left leaning political hacks that rush to his defense whenever he is criticized. It takes two to tango, and without folks like you, playing the part you were meant to play, the old divide and conquer strategy would fail them. But, Obama doesn't even have to worry about that, not with hyper-partisan zombies doing exactly what they're supposed to. The reps and dems can all comfortably laugh behind closed doors, and toast the brainless bugs in the jar that fight on command when shaken, so while others watch the bugs fight, they can lift our wallets while we're distracted.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

This is my question. Who is next? Gods forbid you actually disagree with the White House now. Tow the line, or get labeled. Is the "Fairness Doctrine" next? When do they draw the line? Are just web folks next? Would I be shut out?

This is sick and digusting. Just imagine for a moment if the Bush White House said the same thing.

Here is your answer:
Who is next?
Next what? Called out for reporting lies? You act like Fox has been shut down.
Gods forbid you actually disagree with the White House now. Tow the line, or get labeled.
You mean like the run up to the Iraq war and disagreeing and being called un-American?
Is the "Fairness Doctrine" next?
Conservative right wingers are the only ones talking about that. They are succeeding in scaring you.
When do they draw the line?
Just like Fox is allowed to have their opinion, the White House is allowed to have an opinion of Fox.
Are just web folks next? Would I be shut out?
Not shut out but contained on this Political Madness section.
A final word:
The left under Bush was terrified he was going to silence them. Indeed he did somewhat by not calling on liberal media sources in press conferences, but ultimately the left's concerns were unfounded. Perhaps you could find other things to worry about in this big scary world than the White House's opinion of Fox, which by the way, is a arm of the Republican propaganda machine that is brainwashing your easily manipulated mind. (This is where you cue the popping of all the veins in your skull!)

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
Perhaps you could find other things to worry about in this big scary world than the White House's opinion of Fox, which by the way, is a arm of the Republican propaganda machine that is brainwashing your easily manipulated mind. (This is where you cue the popping of all the veins in your skull!)

Exactly. I haven't really seen it brought up on this thread (big surprise), how it was proven that FOX had government paid war analysts appear regularly on their network.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
My point, to you both, is that the POTUS shouldn't even give a darn about the media. Especially one silly network. When he or any POTUS spends anytime focusing on what some pundit might say, then we can start warming up the fat lady, 'cause she's gonna start belting one out.

You both obviously would be just as concerned if it were MSNBC or some Obama luv network.

Look, you think FOX is silly, granted. But when it becomes something you like. . . .

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

My point, to you both, is that the POTUS shouldn't even give a darn about the media.

Did you live in this country before Obama??! The Bush admin. blamed the "liberal media" regularly for his dropping approval ratings, and their lack of reporting "good news" in Iraq...i'm surprised you don't remember that.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

My point, to you both, is that the POTUS shouldn't even give a darn about the media.

Did you live in this country before Obama??! The Bush admin. blamed the "liberal media" regularly for his dropping approval ratings, and their lack of reporting "good news" in Iraq...i'm surprised you don't remember that.

If it were President Larry Cheesecake taking issue with the media it would be wrong. They call it the FOURTH ESTATE for a reason, or at least they used to. Now that they get along or are spokespeople for POTUS it's all a sham. FOX just was positing other views. And poor dinkums didn't like it.
Boo-Hoo

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Now that they get along or are spokespeople for POTUS it's all a sham. FOX just was positing other views.

It's been a sham for a long time now. It's a two party shell game, meant to give the illusion of choice. That's why it's so frustrating, most of you who frequent these threads have bought it hook, line, and sinker. These threads attacking Obama are doing just that, attacking Obama. And on a purely partisan basis, if McCain was doing the same things Obama does, i honestly feel half the people against Obama on these threads would be on the defense. We should all be attacking BOTH parties equally and consistently, since they are both full of liars who look out only for themselves and their wallets. I doubt any of them would piss on our gums if our teeth were on fire.

And poor dinkums didn't like it.

Dinkums? Isn't that what the supervisor called all the employees on that new movie from mike judge, that sucked SO bad and was nowhere near as funny as office space?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Neither example is appropriate. The Bush White House shouldn't have done that, and the Obama White House shouldn't be doing this. Pretty simple. Stock rooting for a political party like they are a sports team......

That is exactly my point. Administrations condemning dissenters and political opponents is nothing new and it certainly isn't limited to one party. Every administration I have grown up with has done this and I am sure it has been going on much longer than that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join