It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morrisons Refuses to sell wine to mother in case daughter drank it

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Basically.

And when I was a kid we'd just get $20 and tell some homeless person to go buy us $10 worth of booze and they could spend the other $10 however they liked. Worked like a charm. Getting booze, drugs, cigarettes, etcetera as a kid is easy, there are hundreds of ways to do it.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

wrong! jeezus christ. like i said ANY shop wether it is a chain or independant has the right to resuse sale of any items to any customer. unless the item has already been paid for.

they apologised because of media attention and pressure/not part of stores policy. also the damage it could do to sales.

show me proof of what your are posting.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by suziwong

The same thing happened to me in California a few years ago. I was at a Ralph's store with one of my friends. We had went into the store to buy Jack Daniels, I think. Was craving whiskey sours, lol. The lady at the checkout wouldn't sell to us because my friend didn't have her ID with her... she didn't think she would need it so she hadn't even brought her purse in, since I was paying.

Anyway, we left the store and went to the Rite Aid next door where we bought the Jack with no problem at all.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

When was the legislation in scotland approved and when did Spar start to introduce thier age limit, a year before this was passed through Scottish Parliament, not the UK Parliament, Scottish. They in themselves broke the law, under scottish law.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It happened to me too, my girlfriend went into a shop to buy fags but didnt have ID so they refused. I went in instead, without even asking me for ID the guy says im not selling you them because your buying them for the girl that just came in! I kicked up a fuss but walked away empty handed and healthier

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

can you scource this please. as i find it hard to believe.

scotland is nuts. this is not the case in the england(duh. never made that mistake before)

[edit on 11-10-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Yeah oks the UK is sane lmao

Scotland is nuts is it? Kinda biased onyour part is it not?

If I may add, UK is not just england, if anyone is in ny doubt, it inculded Scotland, Wales, Nothern Ireland and off course yeah England.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Yep a wee geography lesson is in order me thinks

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

I like that a lot. I might try it next time i get refused. Despite the fact i'm in my late twenties, six foot four and sporting a fine beard.

wow a lizard that can grow beard!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I believe the Islamists are the problem in the UK. Be prepared to drink alcohol in secret in the near future.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Has nothing to do with muslims or islam please dont try and derail this thread over religious stupidity. Religion has nothing to do with this issue.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
I believe the Islamists are the problem in the UK. Be prepared to drink alcohol in secret in the near future.

Sure you posted in the right thread? Very random

And most Islamists dont drink alchohol, its forbidden

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Broonie

I think bettermakings was meaning that it should be secret so no Muslims are offended.
A bit like people been advised not eat in front of a Muslim during Ramadan. Or police dogs having to wearing bootees before entering a Muslim home.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild
reply to post by Broonie

I think bettermakings was meaning that it should be secret so no Muslims are offended.
A bit like people been advised not eat in front of a Muslim during Ramadan. Or police dogs having to wearing bootees before entering a Muslim home.

Yeah sort of realized after I posted

Good luck with your website

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Broonie]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Here is an example of someone on a power trip with alcohol rules

David Beckham (33) - one of the most famous footballers in the world was denied alcohol by a waiter because he could not produce any ID

"the world famous 33-year-old was challenged when he asked to have a glass of wine with his meal. Unable to produce proof of age for the jobsworth waiter,"

LINK

And here is another example of the OP in Dorset - This time The Co-Op

"A MUM trying to buy a bottle of wine as an anniversary gift was refused service because her 12-year-old son was with her."

LINK

And another one in Tesco in Brigg

LINK

A white haired 72 year old man could not buy alcohol because he had no ID ?????? FFS

LINK

THIS IS CLASS - a paramedic was refused service when trying to buy alcohol whilst still in uniform.....so he stripped to a thong and socks.....and is now facing suspension

LINK

There are hundreds more like this!!!!!!!!

There is a bigger agenda here....we are being judged for wanting to consume alcohol/tobacco

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
hi all.i had the same thing in cleethorpes hewitts circus tescos.i was with my girlfriend.went into tescos for shopping saw some beer on offer so got 4cans with other bits.got to the check out and when it came to the beer the woman on the till asked if my girlfriend had id....bear in mind she wasnt buying ANY SHOPPING it was me who was buying it all.my girlfreid is 24 and didnt have id at the time,so the cashier said i couldnt have the beer.thinking back i should of said ram ya shopping up your arse but i didnt.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
To be honest, its a waste of times these laws. You can set up these laws to stop us getting booze but in the end, we are just going to get it from the corner shop.
We aren't going to go into Supermarkets and buy it in a shop that does everything by the book, when that little shop down the road sells it no questions asked
We'll buy our Booze and Cigs from the corner shop

Its a losing battle, and in the end, these laws only really hurt yourselfs.

IMO I think everyone making a big fuzz about wanting to protect us from booze and cigs a just makes us want them more.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Its Blue Nose
To be honest, its a waste of times these laws. You can set up these laws to stop us getting booze but in the end, we are just going to get it from the corner shop.
We aren't going to go into Supermarkets and buy it in a shop that does everything by the book, when that little shop down the road sells it no questions asked

As much as i admire what you are saying....

We seem to have less corner shops due to the influx of greedy corporations with no less than 3 tescos per town.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Its Blue Nose

As much as i admire what you are saying....

We seem to have less corner shops due to the influx of greedy corporations with no less than 3 tescos per town.

Its a shame really, these shops have like a personal touch to them, Friendly staff that know you. But instead people would much rather shop at the big faceless shore with the Bargins and no heart.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by suziwong

This is happening more and more in the UK and it is utterly ludicrous.
(just read some of the comments who substantiate my view)
Stores now have "new powers" - to determine if you are going to corrupt a minor (by providing alchohol/tobacco/weaponry).
This is going too far - the state is slowly deteriorating parents powers and choices regarding their own children.

In my view those working in Morrisons were in fact commiting slander - they were making assumptions on the mothers intentions - criminalising her in front of witnesses (with no evidence)- other shoppers in the store.

Even if the mother allowed her 17 year old daughter a glass of wine - this should not be a criminal offence imo - it should be the decision of the parent - not the state - and certainly not the business of some over officious jackass working in Morrisons!!!

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

what about wine in catholic churches by the bucket load. . . damn churches corrupting the youth of today. I'm glad they are doing this. Forget personal rights who needs them. We here at ATS all know the BB and the PTB know whats best for us. Move along nothing to see here.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by constantwonder]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join