It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds to 60 Million American Anglers: We don't need you

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyr Sog

Gov.J.Granholm was referring to the Michigan wetlands being turned over to the Fed's

"Gov. Jennifer Granholm’s plan to hand wetland regulation over to the federal government is drawing criticism from environmentalists and the home builders lobby. The green groups say the move could leave the Great Lakes state with the weakest wetland protections in the country, while the builders say the change could slow the turnaround time for developers seeking building permits.

Granholm announced the proposal in her State of the State address this week as a way to eliminate $2 million of the state’s $1.5 billion budget deficit.

“I will recommend returning enforcement of wetlands protections to the federal government where more staff exists to effectively safeguard our natural resources,” Granholm said. The very next business day a Republican bill (pdf) to do just that was introduced in the House."

michiganmessenger.com...

(Found this later)
Lt. Governor Cherry also introduced MI-Great Lakes Plan.

As outlined in the MI-Great Lakes Plan, the state will seek federal investments that include:

- $54 million for the Great Lakes Legacy Act to ensure continued cleanup of contaminated sediments;

- $3.8 million annually for the BEACH Act to prevent beach closures and protect human health;

- Restoring the historic funding level of $1.35 billion for the Clean Water State Revolving Fund so communities can reinvest in necessary improvements to their water and sewer systems.

The plan can be read at:
www.michigan.gov...

(edit to add)

[edit on 11-10-2009 by azureskys]

[edit on 11-10-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
save a fish, and save a deer

get a fishing game, and a hunting game, on your xbox360

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
[quote
What is left?

[edit on 10/10/2009 by Jessicamsa]

Thats easy, hunting the greatest prey of all. Man.

Don't be a sissy. you and your buddies do it anyway. When they challenge you. run.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I personally can not believe some of the responses here. Does anyone here understand that if and when a State or Federal Ordinance or law is passed and it violates your inelienable right to life liberty property and the pursuit of happiness, THAT IT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL and you, as a SOVEREIGN AMERICAN, may ignore it with utter IMPUNITY?

What don't people understand, Sancho said it best in many posts, just say NO!! You do not have to abide by laws that violate common right and common reason, PERIOD.

You have the right to life, which is the right to gather food, the State or Federal governments "MAY", not can, will, should, does, regulate the seasons and how many you can catch or shoot for the sake of the health of the herd, but if that even goes astray we can say BULLCRAP, and use common sense and regulate ourselves.

It is time to reread the Declaration of Independence people!!!!

It is our duty to STOP an oppressive and Tyranical government. These legislatures are commiting acts of TREASON, call them and point that out and tell them to stick it and that you will not be abiding by the ridiculous "laws".

It is our duty, as a public, to stand up for ourselves, each and every one of us, not just some of us. I am getting tired of making calls and fighting the system when very few others are or will. Come on, use the info posted here on ATS and call YOUR ELECTED representatives and demand they stop the shenanigens. PERIOD.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness? What will you do for it?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

They think they can ban fishing? How? Gods! This administration is so stupid.

Is there anybody left in America that thinks this loser and his administration is a good idea?

Hope and change my butt.

They day I stop fishing for trout is the day I stop breathing. Let them frickin' try.

The first post to blame it on Obama got by FAR the most stars. The other posts that point out everything that has been removed from us, things that are basic, things that are enraging.... well they got a couple of stars. Blame it on Obama and BAM!! LMAO

This right here, is the reason humans have always been #ed and always will be #ed. This reason and this reason alone. Whats sad is some are so stupid they wont even see where I am pointing. **HINT It has nothing to do with defending ANY political party**

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

What is left?

Violent, bloody revolution!

I think it was JFK that said if you deny the people the right to a peaceful revolution you give them no choice but a violent revolution.

This government is nothing but abusive totalitarian progressive scum...

And they aren't leaving people with to many choices anymore.

Unimaginable violence is coming...mark my words!

Keep your head down and stay safe.

Semper Fi

[edit on 10-10-2009 by LiquidMirage]

I sure hope you felt that way when Bush was in power. But by all means, jerk that knee and good luck with that...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Can anyone point out to me exactly where in the document it outlines where it is going to outlaw fishing? It seems to me the move is all about creating 'green jobs' and the sense of good intentions. I could see them lowering limits on certain fish and maybe an extra month of off season in salt-water fishing but that is about it. Nothing to worry about, unless of course someone shows me where the actual document says we have something to worry about. I doubt anyone can though.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about the ban on fishing and catching rain water - with all the budget cuts who will enforce these laws?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadoMan

A lot of people, with 9.8% unemployment and the only section of the economy that's growing is gov'ment jobs.

That's what Van Jones was going to do as Green Jobs Czar, get all the those well meaning citiy idiots that have no idea what it takes to actually get that food to their little government awarded apartment/dorm, poking around your life telling you what to do.

Till all the non-drones revolt, getting blasted by predator drones and the city virus goes on and on, letting little petty tyrants bask in their own slow death with laws completely replacing compassion, and therefore passion all together.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

"So, basically they are going to be outlawing fishing. So, in America you will be unable to hunt, fish, catch rain water, or grow a garden without breaking the law."

I very much doubt if the people (or most of all, a much higher power) would stand still for this. It is no more then saying we have no God given right to survive on our own, and must look to our government to keep us alive..........no, I don`t buy it. That is no more then taking away our free will, and that my friends will never be allowed to happen. If it IS true that this is the plan, then it is a plan that is doomed to fail from the start. They are stepping on something that is much much bigger then themselves by doing this, they are messing with universal law, and that my friends is a no no. I would hate to be in their shoes.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by FiatLux]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
From Source:

The report makes it clear that future authority for implementing the policy for coastal and inland waters will fall under White House jurisdiction with a new National Ocean Council comprised of over 20 federal agencies at Cabinet Secretary or Deputy Secretary level. No reference to Congressional jurisdiction is indicated.

This is simply a power grab by the Feds (Obama) against the States.

Part of Obama's overall plan to take all power from the people to the central socialized government. While we all stand by in awe!

Anyone think that the Fed is more capable of managing State fisheries? In my state of Alaska the State department of fish and game is considerable larger and more capable. It is also closely connected to the needs of citizens. The Feds up here are a joke in comparison..

Also posted HERE on ATS

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am sorry but I felt the need to make this sarcastic and ignorant comment.

Obama wants all the fish for himself?

I guess the previous administration liked fishing too much.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Well, we could all become breatharians. Oh wait. I forgot about the carbon tax.

I had a vision a few years ago.

Robot android cops enforcing laws to the letter.
Poor people that couldn't pay their bills, taken from homes,
saying they were emitting more carbon dioxide than they could pay for,
and put into a housing facility, with small airtight rooms,
where they watched TV and ate until they fell asleep,
having suffocated in their own fumes.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So has anyone taken the time to actually read the bill or are we all parroting the OP?
Embrace ignorance.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well if you google the Interagency Oceans Task Force you get this:

www.whitehouse.gov...

It's a power grab and according to the Shimano Co. (makes fishin' reels), the costal areas are going to be zoned.

Apparently the Shimano Pres is speaking this jibe, also claiming the environmentalist's agenda was adopted completely.

I just got back from drivng to the coast and fishing down here in texas, there is no way to enforce these laws. I don't care if you have robots. Salt water is hell on metal and circuitry. There is so much coast and land to patrol, it would be a logistics nightmare.

Actually good luck trying to enforce any kind of a police state here, 1 out of every four people would have to be a spook.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wylee

www.whitehouse.gov...

Please read the above and tell me where it says that Obama is going to take away our fishing. It's about conservation so that we will have even BETTER fishing.

If you do read it and still see something you disagree with; there is a complaint section to fill out where you can air your grievances with the plan.

But it's much more fun to whine like a crybaby and and not even bother do do any independent investigation huh?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Okay.

I was just answering beaverg's question. I was not stating my views.

You should come with me next time just to watch the sunrise, and you lecture me all day about how bad humans are and how governments never lie.

Are the Japanese going to follow these international guidelines?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by wylee

So just to be clear; Nowhere does the document in question explicitly state what measures will be taken to limit, curtail, or regulate fishing further... correct?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Correct. B-G

Basically the white house .gov stuff doesn't go into any deatail. It's typical political haba-blab, a bunch big words that could be interpreted many ways, which is the problem in my eyes.

The only info on the Zoning (like in most cities, there's commercial, residential zones, etc.) is from the Shinamo President who has a vested intrest in people buying his fishing reels.

If we could find out who's being consulted for this task force, we could connect some dots, but until then the next report of the Interagency Oceans Task Force (which has no congressional oversight) comes out Dec. 9 '09.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join