It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds to 60 Million American Anglers: We don't need you

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

IRVINE, Calif. USA – October 5, 2009 – A recently published administration document outlines a structure that could result in closures of sport fishing in salt and freshwater areas across America. The White House created an Interagency Oceans Policy Task Force in June and gave them only 90 days to develop a comprehensive federal policy for all U.S. coastal, ocean and Great Lakes waters. Under the guise of ‘protecting’ these areas, the current second phase of the Task Force direction is to develop zoning which may permanently close vast areas of fishing waters nationwide. This is to be completed by December 9, 2009.

Dave Pfeiffer, President of Shimano American Corporation explained, “In spite of extensive submissions from the recreational fishing community to the Task Force in person and in writing, they failed to include any mention of the over one million jobs or the 6o million anglers which may be affected by the new policies coast to coast. Input from the environmental groups who want to put us off the water was adopted into the report verbatim – the key points we submitted as an industry were ignored.”

fish.shimano.com...

So, basically they are going to be outlawing fishing. So, in America you will be unable to hunt, fish, catch rain water, or grow a garden without breaking the law.

What is left?

[edit on 10/10/2009 by Jessicamsa]

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

So, basically they are going to be outlawing fishing. So, in America you will be unable to hunt, fish, catch rain water, or grow a garden without breaking the law.

What is left?

Civil disobedience. Then poaching. You cannot tell a man that the rain that falls on his property belongs to someone else anymore than you can tell him that the air he breathes belongs to somebody else.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well, we could all become breatharians. Oh wait. I forgot about the carbon tax.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

You cannot tell a man that the rain that falls on his property belongs to someone else anymore than you can tell him that the air he breathes belongs to somebody else.

Apparently you can.
articles.latimes.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

My grandfather was a life time commercial fisherman along the gulf coast.

He would build 50 foot shrimp boats with his bare hands.

Anyways you wouldn't believe the hoops they make you go through to shrimp now days.

With all of the imported shrimp bringing local shrimp prices down you pretty much break even after paying for diesel, maintenance, etc.

His town used to be a bustling little fishing village but now days most of the boats are just rotting, a few old-timers are still trying to make a living but I don't see them lasting another 5 years before the industry is completely wiped out.

Edit to add: My point is you hear about how our manufacturing base has been shipped overseas. What you don't hear about too much is how we are losing/have lost much of our ability to feed ourselves.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by lucentenigma]

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is about control people. Take away people's ability to feed themselves or earn some sort of livelihood from mother nature and you hobble them in the worst way. You thought controlling the money supply made us all feel like slaves just wait another decade.

Think about this for a second............do people realize what life was like 150 years ago in America? You wanted more food for your family? You grew it! You needed more modes of transportation you hacked a new buggy out of wood on your property and bred another horse. Contrast that with what we have today. You want another car? You go into debt to buy one. You want more food? You get in said car, after having bought the gas to drive it, go to the grocery store and buy food that someone else has produced. We control NOTHING in our lives anymore and are at the mercy of other people for everything we consume and everything we buy.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Yeah, sorry but it's true. Collecting rainwater is illegal in many places.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Baby steps for the real prize of guns I guess. Should we start rolling out the slogans now.

"The master baiters in DC are coming for your hooks."

"If you outlaw bait and tackle then only outlaws will have bait and tackle."

"You'll get my Zebco, when you pry it from my dead, cold hands."

"Warning: This truck protected by Field & Stream."

I don't know, just doesn't have quite the punch that the NRA slogans do. Time will tell and better minds will prevail, hopefully.

I guess it all means that since they want to take away the means to fish, they want to make us dependent for life.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I wonder how this will affect the fresh water rivers and streams?

I just reactivated my flyfishing guide and outfitting service. The Bush
huge gasoline increase pretty much kicked all the profit out of my business as travel to pristine, world class waters was included in my guide fee.

All I can say is.........."not again!!"

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
could you post the link where you found this?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thumb
could you post the link where you found this?

Sorry, link added.

I knew I was forgetting something...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

What's wrong with a little elbow grease and a paddle

In my opinion if you can't bike, hike, or paddle to it, it should stay wild.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

IRVINE, Calif. USA – October 5, 2009 – A recently published administration document outlines a structure that could result in closures of sport fishing in salt and freshwater areas across America. The White House created an Interagency Oceans Policy Task Force in June and gave them only 90 days to develop a comprehensive federal policy for all U.S. coastal, ocean and Great Lakes waters. Under the guise of ‘protecting’ these areas, the current second phase of the Task Force direction is to develop zoning which may permanently close vast areas of fishing waters nationwide. This is to be completed by December 9, 2009.

Dave Pfeiffer, President of Shimano American Corporation explained, “In spite of extensive submissions from the recreational fishing community to the Task Force in person and in writing, they failed to include any mention of the over one million jobs or the 6o million anglers which may be affected by the new policies coast to coast. Input from the environmental groups who want to put us off the water was adopted into the report verbatim – the key points we submitted as an industry were ignored.”

What is left?

You asked what is left you are exactly right the ram it down your throat

control everything in your life left. ^Y^

[edit on 10-10-2009 by amari]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Woo Hoo

Its a good time to be a Canadian fishing guide/tour operator/charter boat captain......

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by whaaa

What's wrong with a little elbow grease and a paddle

In my opinion if you can't bike, hike, or paddle to it, it should stay wild.

I completely agree with you but it's hard to get fatassed dentist, lawyers and businesmen to do anything physical other than light a cigar or answer a cell phone.

However it's those "sports" that my business depends on, so I cater to their wishes.

Flyfishing........the yuppies blood sport!!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is really sad, that time honored traditions joys of childhood are being stripped from the people. As a child, one of the things that my father would do with me, and other family members would be go fishing. It was not to overfish, rather it was a past time that he enjoyed, as well as, spending time bonding with his son and his friends. Most of the time we got a few fish, or crawdads, take them home, clean and eat them as that was the way that he was raised. It is really sad when simple solutions, like growing a garden is banned by law, or collecting and storing rainwater, so that way it helps when it is dry and helps do things like water the garden or lawn, instead of drawing water from the city sources. I thought they would be promoting collecting things like rain water as part of conservation efforts, and other means to help out in this time of the countries need. We need to go back to doing for ourselves and the government needs to stop trying to regulate the people.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
IMHO this is all part of the UN/CFR/WB/IMF/NWO master Plan...

This has been discussed for decades...boundary/territorial maps have been drawn...

Land/Resources have been grouped and labeled...

Seems the allowed human population areas are quite small in the NWO... :shk:

I wish I could remember where I saw all this information, with the maps and all...anyone have any links to that?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

All the more reason those fat out of shape POS lawyers and doctors should stay home. But I due understand your livelihood depends on it.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

They think they can ban fishing? How? Gods! This administration is so stupid.

Is there anybody left in America that thinks this loser and his administration is a good idea?

Hope and change my butt.

They day I stop fishing for trout is the day I stop breathing. Let them frickin' try.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Regarding rainwater collection, if you need to ask permission...then don't!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join