It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounters With Mechanical Beings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Great thread, Nice work bringing these together. S&F for sure.

With all the talk about alien probes and such, reminded me of the show Outer Limits did aptly called "The Probe".

Basically, a group of people awake in a strange room while automated experiments are going on... Pretty cool considering it is like a 50 year old episode...

But the jest is, yeah, I suspect probes are being sent. Also, like in the original 'Day the Eath stood still", I'm sure some have Mobile Automated Protection/Diagnostic Systems (aka robots) to accompany the travelers.

Great reading. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kmarx

You should start your own thread. I am interested in your experience and those that are telling the truth about abductions. That and its a way of talking about it without going "off topic". Like I said, I know someone else who has experienced the same thing. Im interested in the details. Let me know if thats something you could do. I dont know how to use many of the functions here as I am fairly new.

edit to add:
Someone created an abduction thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and here

[edit on 11-10-2009 by liveandletlive]

[edit on 11-10-2009 by liveandletlive]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

That was a brilliant addition to the thread thank you. I had never heard of that case at all. I suppose even reading about a subject for years you can miss something huh
That'll keep me busy for a while, thanks again!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Hey Justin

Good to see you mate

The Flatswood incident is a great addition to this thread

It does make you wonder: why does it seem that ET craft make return visits to the same location? I doubt they're forgetting something on the 'Scientific Experiment To Do List'. Why the follow up? Why come back a night, or a week later? Or did they actually leave?

Perhaps you and Internos might share your thoughts on that.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman

One thing not many people know about the site is that is has a freshwater reservour underneath which is accessable through an atcess door at the foot of the hill.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by zeetroyman]

Thanks for getting back to me

That is interesting, as it might explain why the craft chose there to land. There are numerous reports of UAP (Unexplained Aerial Phenomena) craft being observed hovering over water and in some cases, sucking it up into the craft. Hydrogen fuel perhaps???

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Good to see you too my friend, and I'd be happy to give my opinion on the following aspect.

It does make you wonder: why does it seem that ET craft make return visits to the same location? I doubt they're forgetting something on the 'Scientific Experiment To Do List'. Why the follow up? Why come back a night, or a week later? Or did they actually leave?

I would say that they may be following up on something in the area. It also may be (as you said) that they never left, just "cloaked". They may be doing things that have to be followed up on over time, it is also possible these places are near some type of "highway" that is frequently traveled by these craft and a lot of these incidents are due to a mechanical problem, I mean I am sure they have those still, lol they are prolly just a lot more complex then ours though! Although I would have to go with some kind of test or observations being preformed. Those seem like the most probable reasons for me anyways, but you ask a good question, one that can only be guessed upon at this point.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I saw one of these ball objects.

I was driving down an A road in Oxfordshire, UK about 10 years ago.
Across the fields from my left to right I saw a a smooth Matt black ball about 3 feet across. It was flying along perhaps about 20mph and about 30 feet of the ground in a straight line.
Unfortunately there wasn't anywhere I could stop; I assumed it was a secret military craft.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
In the "Fire in the Sky" movie, Travis Walton sees suits hanging around the hallways that look like the greys themselves. As a kid that always made sense to me. If we need use suits in alien environments, than why wouldn't they need to?

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Wimbly]

I wouldnt use that Movie to much as a reference... it was good, but the actual alien parts had absolutely nothing to do with the actual case... was pretty much hollywood saying lets rewrite what happened so the audience doesnt get bored. If they used what Walton actually said happened i think most audience members of that decade would have said "eh what?!" ... wakes up knocks over some startled greys (that was in the film sortta) runs out walks around the ship, meets two human like aliens then blacks out again... sure the Film was scarey as all hell but not in any way a good representation.

Although I agree totally with your notion that some aliens would need environment suits. Reminds me of one case where the victim was taken into a strange foggy multicolored sphereical room and was examined by strange human in form but completely smooth beings with hands like mittens who pulled out some of his hair and the beings went all ape poop over it. Not a perfect retelling but thats all that i remeber of it would be interesting to find out if some beings find our reality toxic.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I remember hearing about Robert Taylor's encounter some years ago now on the local Scottish news. Unusually for a UFO related story they actually covered it seriously which was a nice change from how such items are usually covered by the mainstream media. It certainly seems like a compelling encounter.

Originally posted by Aliensun
I would refer folks to the account on ATS here about three months ago of the early 50's details of several hikers in Sweden that were found dead under strange circumstances that seem only explainable by considering uncaring ETs.

I tried to search for this thread but came up blank, any chance you could provide a link? I personally believe that cases of human mutilation by ETs provide the most compelling reason for a government cover-up of UFO activity and subsequent lack of disclosure and therefore are of extra significance.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
What could this all mean?

If they/Aliens/UFO's were peaceful why conduct scientific experiments on people and animals from this planet without consent? Why would UFO be commonly seen around military sites containing nuclear weapons, like in Bentwater and the weapon silos in Montana and North Dakota? The NASA footage of what looks like missiles being fired at UFO's in orbit are another example of hostile intent. I also saw in a clip involving a military missile test that had a UFO shoot a red light to the front section of a missile while in flight. I can't remember the name of the short clip, maybe someone here on ATS can post it.

UFO'S/Aliens must either fear the savage nature of humans they have observed on this planet or are probing our capabilities for threat assessment. Perhaps they want resources found on Earth or have some desire to discover life throughout the universe and they are simply adding us to their encyclopedia.

No matter what if they were peaceful they wouldn't be so aggressive in taking people against their will and harming them in some fashion.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Mr.Hyde]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Creepy sounds like those orbs from the movie Phantasm.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonicology
I tried to search for this thread but came up blank, any chance you could provide a link? I personally believe that cases of human mutilation by ETs provide the most compelling reason for a government cover-up of UFO activity and subsequent lack of disclosure and therefore are of extra significance.

I believe you want to go to this thread for that particular case...

Had to do some lateral searchs myself to hit it
.. theres various threads about it in every thing BUT the UFO forum

While strictly not proven to be a UFO case, it would be a good one to also add to the Close Encounters of the Dangerous Kind Thread. After all no survivors and as such no witness testimony to actual UFO's. Still... bizarre enough to point in that general direction

[edit on 11-10-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Yeah i read that but i just can't justify it in the other thread as it wasn't technically a UFO encounter of the correct type if that makes sense. Either way though it's a strange case for sure.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Hyde

I often think about this too. To me, the only answer is: we are part of them, the ancient history of the earth indicate the mix (the serpents..), so its not that they are really 'aliens' invading.. maybe we are a 'branch' left over here (if you believe atlantis) in constant change... maybe even cattle in a way (gene pool, psychic energy)... we 'think' we are free, this is our land, but the earth itself is one huge spaceship...

There is another theory, but involves spirituality and will be way of topic.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.Hyde
...if they were peaceful they wouldn't be so aggressive in taking people against their will and harming them in some fashion.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Mr.Hyde]

Most of us are peaceful. But that doesn't stop us from using dart guns and nets to capture, sedate, and experiment on wild animals. Does it?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle
Most of us are peaceful. But that doesn't stop us from using dart guns and nets to capture, sedate, and experiment on wild animals. Does it?

Nope it doesn't and the most important part of that statement is the reason we do dart animals. Sometimes we do it because the animal could be dangerous to work on if it were awake, other times we do it because the animal might panic and die from stress if it were awake, other times it is simply safer without the animal moving if we have to perform delicate procedures.

There are a myriad of reasons to knock humans unconcious to study them. I'm not saying i believe in ETs' visiting earth with this post, just playing devils advocate

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Good points

I think we can extrapolate - with caution I might add - regarding the motives, for ET's and their interactions with humans (that's if they are in fact visiting) just by looking at human nature and the reasons we do things.

If that is a reasonable yardstick in helping us understand ET's and their rationales, then it might suggest that we should not be 100% confident that our neighbors in the cosmos are always going to be dropping by just out of benign curiosity.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The 4th case there about donad schrum.. seems soo crazy. imagine being alone in a tree, trying to fight off multiple alien robots with a bow an arrow all night long. holy crap. I would have died of a heart attack. cool thread
. S&F.

RedPill

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Great thread! star and flag. I read about some encounters with giant robot in England somewhere even a grainy picture was involved but I think it may have been debunked. I will look to see if I can find it again.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Hyde

If they/Aliens/UFO's were peaceful why conduct scientific experiments on people and animals from this planet without consent?

Well we do - lab mice lab rats well the list goes on and on and on

UFO'S/Aliens must either fear the savage nature of humans they have observed on this planet or are probing our capabilities for threat assessment.

If a species arriving here from whereever probably means they are at least a class 1 civilisation. We would be zero threat but sure they would need to test the water first but I think it wouldn't take long to realise would it.

Perhaps they want resources found on Earth or have some desire to discover life throughout the universe and they are simply adding us to their encyclopedia.

I don't understand why they would want to gain resources from our occupied planet when there is an abundance of planets with resources that are not occupied.

Also..
Robotic exploration is about gathering data. It certainly maybe that they need to know how aggressive we might be if provoked that would determine how much effort they need to expend to get what they want. Remember they would need to travel a long way to get what they want so there is no point sending more (lets say hardware) than necessary. I am assuming the worst here but it could as easily be just the opposite. That is they don't need anything we have but they are just interested - perhaps they are making a real "Animal Planet" special

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join