It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounters With Mechanical Beings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+78 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hello ATS people. Whilst my main focus on ATS tends to be political, i decided to undertake a bit of a research project. Years ago i read an account of a man who was attacked by 2 large metallic objects about the size of a beach ball. We often read accounts of grey aliens and reptillians, sometimes the odd nordic but how often do you read stories of mechanical beings? Estimates put this kind of encounter at around 3-5% of cases. After years of reading reports i have only come across a few so i decided to put them all together here. If anyone has other cases then please add them.

I will post links to the full cases but i will summarise to keep the thread shorter. I have always been a skeptic and without clear evidence i cannot believe anything. I present these cses only for informational purposes and i am not saying i believe any of the stories recounted actually happened. So without furtherado, here we go.

Case 1 - Robert Taylor, 1979, Scotland

Link - en.wikipedia.org...

In 1979 a Mr. Robert Taylor had a very unpleasant encounter. It was the first case to be investigated by the local police and as off 2007 was the only UFO encounter to be the subject of a criminal investigation.

He encountered a spherical object and commented that it seemed to be trying to blend in with it's enviroment. He approached the object when two smaller spheres dropped out of the object, each being around 3 feet in diameter and rolled towards him. He described them as looking like sea mines. They latched onto his trousers with some kind of appendage, he reports an acrid smell. They then proceeded to drag him towards the larger object, he lost conciousness.

Upon waking he found he was having difficulty speaking and could not get to his feet. He crawled 100 meters and then managed to stagger to his truck. He tried calling for help but could not speak to do so. Reports on what happened next vary, some say he drove home and crashed the truck, then walked the rest of the way, others say he just walked home.

What should be noted is that Mr.Taylor was seen as a honest and reliable figure. He never asked for payment to tell his story and held true to his story until his death at the age of 89 in 2007.

Case 2 - Jerry (James) Townsend, October 23, 1965, USA

Link - www.ufologie.net...

This case occured in 1965. Mr.Townsend was driving his truck and as he arrived at a curve in the road he encountered an upright, rocket shaped object about 30-40 feet high, resting on 3 "fins" blocking the road. His car engine stalled, the lights and radio stoped functioning and he stopped his vehicle. He exited his truck and walked towards the object.

At this point 3 small objects dropped out of the rocket shaped craft. These creatures were shaped like beer cans, they measured 6 inches tall, were of dark brown colour and were "walking". When they stopped a third leg would come down to stabilise them like a tripod. They also had matchstick like arms. He did not apprach the craft any further and the objects just stayed still, he felt like they were watching him despite not having any discernable eyes. He estimates they stood "looking" at each other for 3 minutes.

The small "beings" returned to their craft, walking into a bright light and appeared to go up inside the craft. A few seconds later there was a humming noise, the craft took off with a light showing. His engine restarted, the radio came on as did the lights. He checked the ground where the craft had been but found nothing. He states his heart was racing and his legs felt like rubber. He then got into his car, drove to the police station and reported the incident.

This case was investigated by project Blue Book who classed the case as "psychological". However others reported Mr.Townsend as being a level headed character. As with many witnesses he later wished he had never publicised the story die to the ridicule he was subjected to.

A further note should be made that some local hunters saw a light disappear into the sky.

Case 3 - Lee Parish, January 27, 1977, USA

Link - www.ufoevidence.org...

Lee had been at a house watching TV with friends. He left when one of their tv shows finished so an accurate departure time can be given. The journey home normally took 7 minutes, as he was driving he saw an object hovering over the treeline, the object he estimates was around 10 feet tall, 40 feet long and was rectangular. He reports feeling a compulsion to look at the craft and couldn't take his eyes off of it. About 15 seconds into the sighting he was feeling very frightened and then radio cut off. The UFO eventually hovered over his car and then sped off at great speed, it never made any sound.

Upon arriving home his mother asked him what was wrong with his eyes, he looked in the mirror to discover they were entirely bloodshot, his eyes were also painful. The journey had taken 45 minutes instead of the usual 7. Mr.Parish was put under hypnosis and taken back to the event. He remembers being in a white room.

I am going to quote something from the link here.

Before him stood three objects which he instinctively felt or sensed were sentient beings, although they were definitely not human: a "black one," a "red one," and a "white one." The black one was on his left. It stood as high as the ceiling and was roughly the shape of an army silhouette target, jug-shaped, with a relatively small "head." It had a flat bottom and one "arm," a handless, one-jointed appendage. The arm was rough-skinned the rest of the entity rough in patches, smooth in patches. The head was featureless. It moved slowly to Lee and touched him on the left side and back, hurting him quite a bit and terrifying him. Throughout the regression, Lee kept repeating, "No, no, not the black one!" The sensation of the black one touching him was somehow cold and burning at the same time, and he felt as though he were vibrating.

The "red one" was on his right. It was about Lee's size or a little smaller, and rectangular in shape, like a "Coke machine." It had one arm or probe, unjointed and handless. Lee felt that the thing was scared and reluctant to touch him, but it, too, came slowly over and touched him on the shoulder and on the right temple, above the ear and within the hairline. This felt like a needle and stung briefly, but did not terrify Lee and did not hurt long. During this time, Lee felt quite cold. The whole ship seemed to be rocking like "a boat on the water," back and forth.

The white one was about six feet tall, Lee's height. It sat in the middle of the room, watching Lee. Its body was solid and blocky and its head square on the sides, quite flat in front. In profile, the head sloped towards the body at a 45-degree angle, with no features. The whole being glowed. It had arms, but did not use them, remaining stationary. Lee knew that it was the "ruler" of the other two.

I am leaving this case here, it sounds awfully like a medical lab with robots performing the experiments.

Case 4 - Donald Schrum, Sept. 5, 1964, USA

Link 1 - www.nicap.org...

Link 2 - www.nicap.org...

Mr. Schrum and friends were hunting with bows. Schrum became seperated from his friends and at sunset decided to sleep in a tree for the night. He reports that he saw a white light zigzagging in the sky and thought that it may be a helicopter. He lit fires to attract it's attention. The object came towards him, stopping 50-60 feet away, Schrum felt scared and climbed back up his tree.

Two humanoid beings and one robotic like creature approached the tree. Schrum reports that the creatures tried to dislodge him from the tree and a white vapouur eminated from the robots mouth, he then lost conciousness. He woke up again and began lighting matches and throwing them at the beings, they backed away. He says he fired an arrow at the robot and there was an arcing flash that knocked the robot backwards. The beings scattered. A second robot came from the craft and once again the white vapour appeared, this apparently went on all night. Eventually many being emerged, there was a great deal of the white vapour. He passed out and awoke hanging from the tree by his belt, the creatures were gone.

When he found his friends one of the other hunters reports being seperated from the others and seeing the same UFO.

Case 5 - Antonio La Rubia, September 15, 1977, Brazil

Link - www.ufoevidence.org...

I think i'll just quote a small portion of this one, the full article is linked.

Antonio La Rubia, a 33-year-old bus driver, encountered a huge object, which he estimated to be 70 meters (235 feet) across, sitting in a field near his home. He decided to retreat, but was unable to do so, for at the moment he started to run, an intensely bright light lit up the area, and he was unable to move. At that moment Antonio saw three "robots" positioned near him, and he was captured and taken into the disc.

So there we have it, a collection of close encounters with mechanical/robotic beings. I hope you all enjoyed the read

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

well, some of those could just be wearing protective suits

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Thank you for the interesting information.

And the numbers could be higher, I mean, there's also the possibility that while what some people encounter even though seemingly organic and "lively", could be highly advanced robots, for lack of a better word.

Another case that could fall under the category of robotic entities could be the 1973 Hickson-Parker case.

The unusual craft was hovering just a few feet above the ground, and about 30 feet from the shore of the river. To their unbelief, a door opened in the object, and three strange beings began to float just above the water straight toward them. Though the beings had legs, they did not use them, they simply floated across the river.

Parker and Hickson would later describe the beings as "about five feet tall, had bullet-shaped heads without necks, slits for mouths, and where their noses or ears would be, they had thin, conical objects sticking out, like carrots from a snowman's head. They had no eyes, grey, wrinkled skin, round feet, and claw-like hands."

From the interview conducted by the Sheriff:

So we was right on the river. It didn't hit the ground. It hovered. And all of a sudden-right in the end of it-this opening was laid up there, and three of them just floated out of the thing. They wasn't on no ground.

They didn't have feet?

No, they didn't have toes. But they had feet shape... It was more or less just a roundlike thing on a leg-if you'd call it a leg... I was scared to death. And me with a spinnin' reel out there-it's all I had. I couldn't-well, I was so scared-well, you can't imagine. Calvin done went hysterical on me-

Then what happened? They walk on up to you?

They just-no, they just glided up there to me. Then one of 'em made a little buzzin' noise, and two of 'em never made no noise.

What kind of noise?

Just ZZZZZZ zzzZzZZZ.

It sound like a machine?

Yeah, like that. It might have been contactin' the others. See, I don't know. By then I was so damn scared I didn't know anything. And two of 'em just floated around behind me and lifted me off the ground. (...)

You didn't try to talk to 'em, ask 'em what was going on?

Yes--I did! But I'd get a buzzin' sound out of one of 'em. That's all. They didn't pay me no attention, my talkin' or anything.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject

well, some of those could just be wearing protective suits

Really no, massive square robots isn't a radiation suit. However there was one that the police thought would have been a radiation suit. They tried to surpries the witness by bringing out a guy in a suit when he took them to where it occured. He was not at all scared and stated clearly it looked completely different. The being in question also shot light at the man which paralysed him.

Simply saying it's a suit and laughing it off is rather unhair to the witnesses. Many of them mentioned radios and engines cutting out, some of them had physical injuries. Please review the Robert Taylor case, he was very badly shaken up and suffered some injuries. The objects were also 3 feet in diameter and spherical, hardly a guy in a suit.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hate to sound needy but star and flag if you can, it took quite a bit of research

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
i often wonder if my personal experience with the surgeons are not organic creatures but possibly some sort of advanced humanoid robot. i say this because during meditation i can see how flawlessly the smaller surgeons move in an almost rhythmic manner as if they're connected to the same "mind".

[edit on 10-10-2009 by kmarx]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kmarx
"my personal experience with the surgeons" [edit on 10-10-2009 by kmarx]

You have had an experience like the ones described here?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive

Originally posted by kmarx
"my personal experience with the surgeons" [edit on 10-10-2009 by kmarx]

You have had an experience like the ones described here?

surgeon is a word i've dubbed to describe a particular group of grey aliens who i've had the misfortune of knowing practically my entire life. as i stated in my previous post i'm not entirely sure if the surgeons are purely organic beings, or some sort of highly advanced machine. the reason the latter is still a possibility is because of how rhythmic the movements of the smaller surgeons are, it is as though they are just an extension of something else(super computer?).

unlike the stories in the original post where the being were clearly mechanical in nature, i cannot make that distinction in my experiences beyond a doubt.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by kmarx]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The tall skinny ones Im guessing?

Edit: The tall skinny ones Im guessing are what then? Organic? In your experience do the tall ones manage the short ones?

[edit on 10-10-2009 by liveandletlive]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Starred and flagged, friend. I appreciate that you made a full post instead of just throwing up a few links.

I'd never heard of these encounters before and find them very interesting. To me it makes perfect sense that advanced beings would send mechanical objects to explore us and our world rather than show up themselves. It's exactly what we did to Mars, and frankly it is what I would do if I had the means.

Thank you for bringing this to us. I love it!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Or let me ask it this way. Do the short surgeons, in your experience, work alone or with another type of being? I have a friend who this happens too. She has medical experimentation performed. Here and there throughout her life. She doesnt talk about it to anyone as no one believes her but she had many experinces as a child. Not as much now that she is older.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
doc boss(tall grey) is defiantly the foreman of sorts for the crew of 5 other smaller surgeons. in one instance the smaller surgeons were taking longer to get me undress and he "scolded" them in a way. its hard to describe how he put it but it sorta like "this is not the way things are done" and it made the smaller surgeons panic in a way.

although this merely my personal opinion i'd say doc boss is more than likely organic, his actions seem to indicate some sort of personality(i kinda shook my head as i typed this). i really need to get to work now i'm already a bit late but if anyone has any other questions i'd be happy to answer them just message me or post in this topic i'll be sure to check it later tonight.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I have difficulty believing case number 2.
How can his truck engine restart just like that after it stalled?
How can an object electromagnetic field could trigger the starter motor and the spark plugs? It make no sens when you think about how a engine work

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jigore
I have difficulty believing case number 2.
How can his truck engine restart just like that after it stalled?
How can an object electromagnetic field could trigger the starter motor and the spark plugs? It make no sens when you think about how a engine work

The odd thing is that it is recounted in many many UFO cases. People often claim it was the first thing that happened during an encounter. Ii'm with you thinking it's strange, it is told so frequently though that i have no clue about it.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Case 1 of great interest to me as the incident took place only several hundred meters from a school I used to go to (Deans community high school) from 1982.

The incident was well known among the pupils at the school and weirdly when anyone talked about the UFO incident voices would drop and not long after would come talk of men in black.

At the time I became almost obsessed with the story and strangely I felt extremely jealous of Mr Taylor. For some reason I had thought he had not been worthy and he had blown it.

I do not know why I had that attitude but I was pretty withdrawn at the time and on the outside of my peer group, writing, reading and art when my so called peer group were doing the girl/boy thing.

At one point I even wanted to write an essay on the incident at the time but was warned off by my teacher and some of my fair-weather friends as the Mr Taylor was known as a bit of a recluse and some said he was more likely to shout at me or set a dog on me rather than talk to me about what happened.

Some had told me he still suffered physically from what happened and these accounts differed from joint pain to burns that never healed. I cannot verify that as it was just the stuff that was always talked about when the mention of Mr Taylor’s demeanour became brought up in conversation.

I was a teenager so unhappily I took the hint not to visit Mr Taylor but I did go and visit the site on my own in the evening after school one day. I was told that I would not be able to mistake the site as there was an obvious depression where nothing ever grew.

There was also another rumour that went around – the depression was scattered with tiny dark metallic spheres lying just below the surface and some people in the area had even collected them. Then apparently government officials came along one day and removed everything.

The depression was still there when I visited it in 1982 and it was quite unnerving to be standing in the centre of this twenty foot wide circular depression with trees all around me in a scattered hilly copse. Though it was getting dark I could still see and the rumours about the ground being devoid of vegetation was false but one thing that was noticeable at the time was that the depression did have growth. However it was stunted and sickly looking and nothing like the similar vegetation outside the depression.

Where it should have been green like the vegetation outside the hollow it instead had a yellowish tint to it and I felt tense as if being watched. When I left the area and passed by my school, heading for the golf course I felt much better and relaxed but by the time I got home it was dark and I swore never to go up to Dechmond hill again.

One of my friends years later told me that one of her friends not within our circle of acquaintances had visited the site during one day in summer and been scared off by three creepy looking men dressed in black.
From what was said to me, the men in black never said a thing when they started walking calmly towards her as she stood on the outside of the depression. At that point she took off running.

I cannot say this is true or not as it is could just be a layer of fables springing up to add more depth by bored or imaginative youth but my friend telling me the story is not known to be a bare faced liar and when she told me she was quite nervous to the extent she hushed almost to a whisper. You will find few in Livingstone who would say the story was a fake.

Mr Taylors name is still mentioned and the incident is still talked about in Livingston. It is known worldwide as the Derchmont incident but the spelling is wrong. It is Dechmond hill.

I might take a drive out someday to see if they ever did anything with the hill like developed it or something. Livingston has grown into a large town since the days I lived there.

I guess if you hit Google earth with the name Deans community high school you would spot the area of the UFO incident easily enough. It is beyond a field and in a small copse of trees or at least it was the last time I was there).

Between the golf course and the school, draw a line straight up away from the main road. You should be heading right towards the site.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

That is some really interesting stuff, thank you for posting it. It may not be best to listen to rumours, once one starts they just get more and more wild. However you visiting the scene and seeing sickly looking plants is a real bonus to the validity of the case. It doesn't mean that there were three large spheres but it lends credibility to something happening in the clearing. Maybe it was just some toxic gases being released that caused illness and hallucination. I suppose all we can do is speculate.

Thank you again for the contribution.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
In the Ringing Cedars of Russia series (see my signature), Anastasia grew up with one of these objects watching and participating with her. There's way too much detail to go into here, I can only suggest to read the books.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Hey SmokeJaguar, I live in Livingston too, in Deans as a matter of fact. I can totally confirm what you say because the man in question was some relation of my sister's best friend. Sounds like one of those 'friend of a friend' type statements I know! My sister's friend's dad was the minister who married my sister and brother in law and was a very well respected guy.

The story I've heard is that Mr Taylor was known to be a straight talking, no nonsense guy who would never make up something like this. He was really shaken up by it and obviously believed in what he was saying.

Also, Dechmond Law (Hill) is still the same as far as I know, a friend walks his dogs up there. I've been toying with the idea of going up and taking a few pics if I can find where this happened. I grew up in Dunfermline, not livingston so I don't know the exact location. Plus, it was a long time ago
I'll be sure to ask my sister to ask her friend about this again!

Cheers

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I am very glad to have been able to contribute rather than just be an observer and I am also very happy that you found it worthwhile.

I totally agree with you on the subject of rumours as where rumours start fiction starts – or something like that. For that reason I was going to leave the rumours out but I added them in any way as at the time the rumours I mentioned were thicker than porridge and so it seemed appropriate to include them.

It is interesting that you mention toxic gasses being a possible reason for the strange vegetation but the surrounding fields at the time were used for grazing sheep all the time and there had been no accounts of sheep becoming sick. I used to wander around those same fields and wooded areas quite often at weekends to do landscapes and sketches.

I never did notice sickened sheep or sick people for that matter. The only time I ever saw vegetation like I described earlier in this thread was at the Dechmond hill site. Of course leaching underground gasses is a possibility and should not be discounted but that said it would have to have been an incredibly exotic and unknown gas to have blighted Mr Taylor so badly.

Also if memory serves I read in the mainstream a lifetime ago it feels that he was tested for radiation which came back very high. He also suffered burns that took a long time to heal as did his dog and for the life of me I cannot see how this could have happened through any explainable means.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calgac
The story I've heard is that Mr Taylor was known to be a straight talking, no nonsense guy who would never make up something like this. He was really shaken up by it and obviously believed in what he was saying.

The police thought the exact same thing, he was believable, coherent and a good witness. This is why it lead to a criminal investigation. Something happened and out of all the cases that is one of the most convincing. The only debate is about what exactly occured.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join