It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens shoot down NASA LCROSS probe before Impact: Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The indeed crazy thing and that it makes me to anger is that NASA sucks from the tax payers dozens of billions dollars a year for NOTHING!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Copernicus

The data collected by NASA will be reviewed by probably hundreds of scientists from all different fields of expertise from all over the world.

Of course the average person who doesn't have a doctorate in physics has to rely on what they say but as I mentioned, the data collected will be be peer reviewed, analysed and scrutinized.

Yes, but the data given to them by NASA could be completely made up or simulated. So because you have one source of information, the rest of the scientific community follows the same pyramid structure as I talked about in the last post.

Its all based on trusting the data, trusting NASA. Therein lies the large problem. Its very easy for them to cover up the truth. In a good structure, you dont need trust because you can verify evidence yourself. Its a circle, not a pyramid.

Also, you have the scientific stigma. Anyone who goes against the grain will get ridiculed, so even people who find something wrong with the numbers are very likely to just let it slide. Why should they subject themselves to all the criticism that will come from that? Thats just human nature.

Mechanisms such as these is what is holding the information embargo in place.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by JPhish

They don't know how much.

perhaps not, but they certainly seem to be playing dumb. Wouldn't it have been a lot easier to gather information and footage if they had targeted a crater on the face of the moon that faces us?

The whole thing smells phishy to me and the fact that they didn't showed us zilch in the "live video" doesn't help quell my suspicions.

reply to post by JPhish

If it was for something else, why show it live?

Why even announce it at all?

they barely showed anything in the live video, were we watching the same thing?

Why announce it?

perhaps the shuttle really had another secret agenda and the whole thing is a cover?

maybe they knew something was going to "blow up" on the moon and needed this "mission" as a cover to explain any eruptions that might be photographed by amateur astronomers?

even wilder . . . might they blame this "mission" as the reason why the "aliens" will attack us?

I really have no idea. I'm just speculating at this point.

it just seems phishy to me.

[edit on 10/10/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Isn't a more major point in this whole debacle, that we (USA/NASA) broke yet another international treaty by firing a weapon/explosive at another planet?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Well if that's the case, it's lucky India, China etc are also sending missions to the moon.

Have any of their findings contradicted any of NASA's claims?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Well if that's the case, it's lucky India, China etc are also sending missions to the moon.

Have any of their findings contradicted any of NASA's claims?

None of them can verify what NASA claims here. And thats really the point. It doesnt matter if they can verify something else that NASA has claimed. This thread is about this incident.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Even if the specified mission fails to detect the elusive stores of water beneath the moon's surface, at least one nagging question which has been the subject of many a heated argument has been resolved.

There was NO atmosphere whatsoever impeding the high velocity impactors.

The next step might be some hard confirmation of the moon's gravitational acceleration as being 1/6 of the earth's

Locating evidence of H2O may yet emerge.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

But to substantiate your claims that NASA lies, you will need to look back at other missions to find these lies.

So if we are only going to base these assumptions on this mission alone, I don't see where NASA have lied...the impact didn't look like they had expected it to and they have admitted that so as it stands, at the moment NASA has been quite open about it all so far.

If that changes or not time will tell I suppose.

[edit on 10/10/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hi Phage. **Possible stupid question alert!**

Is it possible that the impact did not occur in the place it was expected to? I don't know.

For example, all eyes are on the southern pole when in fact, maybe it hit far enough behind the 'horizon' for the plume not to be visible from Earth or Hubble.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
The indeed crazy thing and that it makes me to anger is that NASA sucks from the tax payers dozens of billions dollars a year for NOTHING!

Yeah, you are right! They shouldnt make experiments, when they aren't 100% certain of what the outcome will be! Thats just unprofessional!

But what this whole thing reminds me of is this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(First thread i found about it, there should be about a gazillion more, with appropriate amounts of disproportionate rage)

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

So if we are only going to base these assumptions on this mission alone, I don't see where NASA have lied...the impact didn't look like they had expected it to and they have admitted that so as it stands, at the moment NASA has been quite open about it all so far.

I guess it depends on if you think their video is evidence of their rocket hitting the moon or not. I dont see that in the video personally.

I see a camera zooming in on a crater.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Which comes full circle back to page 1, let's wait for the images from LROS and supporting data before jumping the gun.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Which comes full circle back to page 1, let's wait for the images from LROS and supporting data before jumping the gun.

The images will not change either of our minds.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

You never know!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
Isn't a more major point in this whole debacle, that we (USA/NASA) broke yet another international treaty by firing a weapon/explosive at another planet?

YES! At last somebody gets it! Thank you.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacecowgirl

Originally posted by Paroxysm

YES! At last somebody gets it! Thank you.

NO!
At least you two really don't

a) No explosives
b) Weapon only in the broadest sense.
I am not aware of any treaty banning space exploration. And if there was one against crashing probes ESA, JAXA, the Indians the russians and the chinese have broken it too.

Edit to clarify the broadest sense thing:
If you were walking in a valley, and i was standing on the mountain, and i would push a boulder in your general direction, yes i would have used it as a weapon. But if you were standing with me up on the mountain, would i have used it as a weapon too? Is the boulder a weapon without me pushing it?
Were the planes on 9/11 weapons?
Was TWA900 a weapon?
Is a plane flying from london to new york, not crashing into anything a weapon?

[edit on 10-10-2009 by debunky]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
UFOs can take out anything if they think there is a darn good reason for it and as far as NASA, Hubble or any other agency, government etc I don't believe a word they say about anything. There are many levels of need to know and the general public as far as they are concerned need to know nothing unless they want them to.

I saw a fantastic vid once that disappeared of a small ufo shooting some sort of laser or weapon to destroy a missile and I know that was not fake. I don't blame the ETs taking out anything of ours anyway.

Boys with their toys again, they just can't help it.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
BBC TV reported yesterday that NASA officials were (I quote) "mystified" by the lack of a smoke plume. I guess Phage show tell their experts to stop behaving like conspiracy theorists.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
...The images will not change either of our minds.

Is Kitt Peak Observatory lying also about seeing the flash of impact (and is their spectroscopic analysis also "fake"...

...I suppose the only way you would be convinced if if you used your own observatory and spectrometer.

[edit on 10/10/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by uk alienhunter
Its astounding that anyone in here thinks anything actually went wrong.. This mission for those of you that dont know went fine and the fact that nothing was seen in the visible spectrum is also fine and was half expected as the spacecraft impacted a deep crater.

as much as i believe the alien presence around and on the earth i cant help but laugh at all the stupid conspiracy storys that pop out of every nasa mission... im sure u could even find a conspiracy about a nasa janitor using the toilet for anything other than just taking a leak or a crap...lol

wake up people too many conspiracys ruins the whole credibablity of our cause..

[edit on 10-10-2009 by uk alienhunter]

You don't really understand why people make conspiracies.
They are bored. Better to have a conspiracy and make people get interested in space missions, or else it would be just fewer and fewer people every time wanting to learn stuff from such things.
People are getting bored, it is after all expected, 50 years in to the past there were manned missions and now there is only the "exciting" mission for an impactor that nobody is able to see.
Space program public interest is going to fade away from boredom along with the real space programs themselves, as it was always planed to be since the first lunar manned mission that was only for boosting some ego and later the whole project abandoned.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join