It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens shoot down NASA LCROSS probe before Impact: Video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I saw the Lcross smashing live on CNN yesterday, actually nothing could be seen, the smashing was not visible on camera.

Today I found this video on one of the blogs, aliens apparently shot the probe down before it could hit the moon, and they even have mission control voices saying that "yes aliens have hit the probe". The video is obviously fake, but the amount of disinformation and conspiracy theories that surround the moon, especially after we found hints of water on moon (Chandrayaan), is really interesting. Do you guys think this could be true?

www.disclose.tv...

[edit on 10-10-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

NASA's Hubble Space Telescope has made a series of observations immediately preceding and following the Lunar Crater Observation and Sensing Satellite (LCROSS) Centaur rocket stage and shepherding spacecraft impacts at the lunar south pole, on October 9 at 7:31 and 7:35 a.m. EDT.

Hubble's Wide Field Camera 3 (WFC3) and Space Telescope Imaging Spectrograph (STIS) were pointed just off the southern limb of the moon to look for a cloud of vaporized material blasted into space by the successive impacts of the rocket booster and spacecraft. The WFC3 images do not show any evidence for a temporary exosphere resulting from the impacts.

Hubble's ultraviolet sensitivity allowed astronomers to look specifically for hydroxyl (OH) that would have been produced by vaporized material from the impact. The STIS and WFC3 looked for emission from OH which would have formed if water molecules had been thrown into sunlight and broken apart by ultraviolet radiation into hydrogen and hydroxyl.

"A preliminary analysis of the STIS spectra do not show any clear evidence for hydroxyl, but further analysis is needed," said Hubble co-investigator Alex Storrs. The Hubble team plans on further analysis of their data.

hubblesite.org...

Something is up. Could have been just a dud. This is getting interesting.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
There is no evidence of anything hitting the moon.

Everything else is speculation about what really happened up there.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Instruments on the LRO have identified the thermal signature of the impact.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Says NASA.

Hubble's Wide Field Camera 3 (WFC3) and Space Telescope Imaging Spectrograph (STIS) were pointed just off the southern limb of the moon to look for a cloud of vaporized material blasted into space by the successive impacts of the rocket booster and spacecraft. The WFC3 images do not show any evidence for a temporary exosphere resulting from the impacts.

Amateur astronomers saw nothing. Hubble saw nothing. Nobody saw anything.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Hubble is operated by NASA. What's your point? If Hubble had reported anything you wouldn't dismiss it as being from the dreaded NASA?

The ejecta plume was seen by the ultraviolet spectrometer aboard NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter circling the Moon — LCROSS's companion mission. In addition, LRO's imaging radiometer detected the warm impact crater.

www.skyandtelescope.com...

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hubble is still "analyzing" the data. Give it time. NASA will make sure it lines up with their official story.

NASA didnt expect their mission to go wrong so they didnt really prepare a Hubble story either. It will come in a few days.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Like I said, you wouldn't believe it anyway. Why mention it at all?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

this mission was a cover for something else, that's all i know. They weren't looking for water, they already know there is water on the moon.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

They don't know how much.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

If it was for something else, why show it live?

Why even announce it at all?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Its astounding that anyone in here thinks anything actually went wrong.. This mission for those of you that dont know went fine and the fact that nothing was seen in the visible spectrum is also fine and was half expected as the spacecraft impacted a deep crater.

as much as i believe the alien presence around and on the earth i cant help but laugh at all the stupid conspiracy storys that pop out of every nasa mission... im sure u could even find a conspiracy about a nasa janitor using the toilet for anything other than just taking a leak or a crap...lol

wake up people too many conspiracys ruins the whole credibablity of our cause..

[edit on 10-10-2009 by uk alienhunter]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage is all honesty, your a smart fellow... Does none of this seem strange to you?? Arguing that people would not believe NASA so whats the point.. does not take from the fact that nothing was seen yesterday. Why the heck is it only visible from the LRO with all the other instruments involved, you'd think someone would see something?? The video of the impact shows absolutely nothing!!!

Damn my untrained lying eyes!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Thank you for the link provided on your other thread:

Here is some interesting information which I did not know furnished from your source:

The Moon’s surface temperatures are among the most extreme of any planetary body in the solar system. Noontime surface temperatures near the lunar equator are hotter than boiling water, whereas nighttime surface temperatures on the Moon are almost as cold as liquid oxygen. It has been estimated that near the lunar poles, in areas that never receive direct sunlight, temperatures can dip to within a few tens of degrees of absolute zero.

reply to post by JPhish

They don't know how much.

I don't see how quantity could really be that important to us, with the inhospitable and inhabitable surface temperatures as quoted above.

Couldn't we have allocated the funds it took to bomb the moon to something a little more worthwhile...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by uk alienhunter
Its astounding that anyone in here thinks anything actually went wrong.. This mission for those of you that dont know went fine and the fact that nothing was seen in the visible spectrum is also fine and was half expected as the spacecraft impacted a deep crater.

as much as i believe the alien presence around and on the earth i cant help but laugh at all the stupid conspiracy storys that pop out of every nasa mission... im sure u could even find a conspiracy about a nasa janitor using the toilet for anything other than just taking a leak or a crap...lol

wake up people too many conspiracys ruins the whole credibablity of our cause..

Please link to the your source thats says everything went fine?? Please let it not be a NASA spokesperson!

Also if you believe in there is an Alien presence on Earth how far fetched is it to concieve that there is something else going on up on the Moon??? Also if there is an Alien presence would NASA not be one of the few in the know?? So why trust them??

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

The LRO made passes overhead after the impact.

Why not wait for the images to be released?

Remember, the LRO managed to capture the Luna landing sites so it shouldn't have any troubles capturing the LCROSS impact.

No doubt those images will be dismissed as fake, so what's the point really?

The thing is, the hard data from this experiment is what they're after, not flashy photos of a dust cloud.

The hard data isn't something the NASA naysayers will even bother looking at.

Phage has already linked to a page showing some of the preliminary findings, what's the bet that it will be largely ignored while rubbish threads such as this one thrives?

[edit on 10/10/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Says NASA.

Amateur astronomers saw nothing. Hubble saw nothing. Nobody saw anything.

Nobody has seen nothing. Not there are evidence of nothing: no outbreak, no plume, neither of a meter!
The truth is that it has been a failure, a TOTAL NASA FAILURE!

Or our "friends on the moon" have destroyed Centaur before the impact.
Or NASA, looked for Water, Helium3, Uranium and instead it has uncovered........... CHOCOLATE.
Or MILK CHOCOLATE!

NASA Can say anything to us now....

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

i absolutely believe there is something going on the moon and we are kept in the dark.. 100% with you on that..

but this was a very simple mission doing a very simple task of smashing an object onto the surface to kick up some dust to analyze... i understand that nothing was really seen or not alot appeared to happen but thats how things go sometimes.. but to start kicking off conspiracy theorys everytime somethings slightly off or doesnt go as expected EXACTLY is just as crazy as people who dont believe in aliens or ufo's.

Not every nasa mission is connected with black ops.... some missions are just simply that a mission to get some simple if not mundane information..

Just wondering how long u have been following the mission as i have been following this since its inception 7 to 8 years ago and at no point did i ever think anything exciting was going to be seen as the crator is quite deep..

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Phage has already linked to a page showing some of the preliminary findings, what's the bet that it will be largely ignored while rubbish threads such as this one thrives?

The major problem is that the Earths population is supposed to trust what NASA says. One American Government Agency is telling the planet what happened, and there is no independent way of knowing weather or not this story is true. Its a pyramid structure where everybody below the top floor is supposed to just accept the information.

I remember when I was in school, they told us to always have multiple independent sources of information when trying to assess if a story is true. This is what also used to be taught in journalism.

If you look at the facts here, you clearly see that there is no evidence of anything hitting the moon besides from the same source that tells us it did. We have a crappy video and some sensor readings that is claimed to come from the rocket. Basically what anyone would do to cover up what really happened.

Blindly believing what NASA tells the planet is not very wise. People can do better than that.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

The data collected by NASA will be reviewed by probably hundreds of scientists from all different fields of expertise from all over the world.

Of course the average person who doesn't have a doctorate in physics has to rely on what they say but as I mentioned, the data collected will be be peer reviewed, analysed and scrutinized by third parties not in the employ of NASA or the US government.

[edit on 10/10/09 by Chadwickus]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join