It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huckabee warns Republicans on Nobel reaction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Huckabee warns Republicans on Nobel reaction

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

(CNN) – Mike Huckabee is advising his fellow Republicans to temper their criticism of President Barack Obama's Nobel Peace Prize award.

In a posting on his blog, the former GOP presidential candidate writes that members of his party must be careful their comments don't sound like "right-wing whining."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm glad to see this stance from Republicans. But not this:

Huckabee wrote. "The better response is simply to allow those on the left to explain what he did in his first two weeks as President that merited such recognition."

Oh, so the left needs to justify his award, huh? It wasn't good enough for the givers of the award to explain it. Hopefully the left retorts by saying that they owe no explanation.

Just my 2-cents

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: By him saying "right wing whining"...that pretty much is an admission that the right wing HAS been whining up to this point.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
what are you talking about?

Obama does NOT deserve that award!

first day on the job he sent drones to Pakistan
he is all for the oil pipelines in Georgia coming from the caspian sea

only good thing about him is his rethoric
that's it!

he talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Obama has done absolutely nothing to earn himself a nobel peace prize or any prize accept for the worst president ever. For those who disagree with me please dont just bad mouth me or tell me how i am a racist. Please just explain to me how he deserves it and exactly what he did, dont speak in generalities. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ummm, this thread is not intended to be a discussion about why YOU think Obama doesn't deserve the award. There are enough threads about that. This thread is to discuss the right-wing stance on the issue and their ridiculous notion that the left-wing should justify his award. Please stay on topic.

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I agree that Barack (I won't meet with the Prince of Peace, the Dalai Lama himself, because it might offend China) Obama is hardly deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize (and I'm not even politically opposed to him!).

HOWEVER (and that is meant to be in all CAPS!), and this is VERY important...Huckabee is right on. Republicans already have the privilege of being considered the War-Mongers of the Political Parties. If Republicans criticize the awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize to our current POTUS to loudly, it is going to entrench that stigma that Republicans must bear all the deeper, and give the Democrats yet more ground among the American people.

This is one of those cases where Republicans are better off congratulating Obama, celebrating the fact that the Nobel Peace Prize went to an American, never minding that he might be a Political Opponent, and using it as a Photo-Op to shed some of that War-Mongering image they have carried for the past 60 years.

Of course, Republicans are free to not do such...you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. However, I don't want to hear any whining coming from the Republican Camp when they don't heed the warning and Obama gets re-elected to a second term!

If the Republicans want to win the hearts of the American people they have to show that they won't just change their platform in a heartbeat at every chance to oppose whatever Obama stands for. Show us some backbone and show us that you are Americans first, and Republicans second. Really, the moment Republicans can stop being contrary to Obama will be the moment that Republicans will be back on the path to Washington.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Let's face it. The whole reason Obama won this award for one simple reason. This is a statement .... Congratulations Barack Obama! You are not George W Bush! Thank Jesus, Thank Buddha, Thank Krishna, Thank every god in the world! The Nobel Prize commitee is just saying that a drastic mood swing is recognizable enough for an award that really doesn't do much but give Obama something pretty to put on the shelf at home. Thanks for playing ... oh and try to not start any wars on the way out ... thanks.

link   
my answer is....

don't trust anybody that uses words like ring-wing or left-wing

it's either good for the people or it's not!

link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
By him saying "right wing whining"...that pretty much is an admission that the right wing HAS been whining up to this point.

I see it more as an acknowledgment that anything and everything said by Republicans nowadays is called whining by the left regardless of whether it actually is whining or whether it's fact-based arguments and complaints.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
I see it more as an acknowledgment that anything and everything said by Republicans nowadays is called whining by the left regardless of whether it actually is whining or whether it's fact-based arguments and complaints.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.....

Just sayin'

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
SO, does ANYONE think that the left owes an explain/justification for Obama's award? Or do we want to continue to harp on why he doesn't deserve it.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
[sarcasm]We are forgetting that they gave Obama the prize not for what he has done but to nudge him to do the right thing![/sarcasm]

Maybe they should have gave it to Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge to nudge them into doing the right thing?

[edit on 9-10-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Sometimes blind partisanship gets in the way of seeing arguments and complaints for what they are and instead lead us to dismiss everything that doesn't agree with us as whining.

I'm just saying.

As for whether or not the left owes an explanation, nope sure don't. They didn't award it. Personally I think the idiots on that committee should have awarded it to someone who's actually done something to promote peace aside from talk about it, but that's just my personal opinion on the matter.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I dont think it is up to the left to justify this for him. Hell, he doesnt even have to justify this. That will be up to the people presenting him with the award. All I can see that he hasn't really done much ... yet. He is more of a symbol than anything else. I suppose the argument could be made that the symbol he represents is what is actually winning the Nobel Peace Prize but as far as anything concrete .... not much. He certainly is no Fidel Castro (who was nomminated for the same award for taking in Lybian refugees into Cuba).

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Glenn beck cannot speak about obama because he is a hypocrite, same as most of americans public people.

How many innocent people has been destroyed by huckerbees decisions in society?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Huckabee is a total bumholio. This guy once had the nerve to come to a hotel where I was the bellman and ask me to carry his 5 bags for him and his wife. We got to the room, I set them up real nice and this idiot smirked at me and said thanks. Even his wife looked displeased with him.

This idiot doesn't even have the heart to tip a dollar to a young fella supporting a family. What makes him think he can inform anyone? What is his PR team doing here, trying to snatch up some sympathy from Obama followers by acting like a repub babysitter?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There is no need for anyone to justify Obama's award. The Nobel Peace Prize comittee saw fit to award it him and so to him it went. They decided it, not anyone else.

I think Mike Huckabee is correct warning about Republicans complaining too much about it though. If they do, it will look really bad on them. Like sour grapes and jealousy.

To quote: "The best way to catch flies is NOT vinegar but honey".

Some people would do well to remember this.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

I was feeling for you till I noticed you're from Canada.

Here in the US the service industry has a little joke...

Q: Whats the difference between a canoe and a Canuck?

A: Occasionally, a canoe will tip!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Huckabee is a total bumholio. This guy once had the nerve to come to a hotel where I was the bellman and ask me to carry his 5 bags for him and his wife. We got to the room, I set them up real nice and this idiot smirked at me and said thanks. Even his wife looked displeased with him.

What a pig. Even if he had nothing on him he could have at least explained why. What an ahole.

That guy used to be a minister.....unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon

I was feeling for you till I noticed you're from Canada.

Here in the US the service industry has a little joke...

Q: Whats the difference between a canoe and a Canuck?

A: Occasionally, a canoe will tip!

LOL quite the opposite! I am a Hoosier corn fed in Indiana just living in Canada. I made tons of cash off of Americans. They are the best tippers by far as I have worked big hotels in both countries.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join