It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huckabee warns Republicans on Nobel reaction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

...members of his party must be careful their comments don't sound like "right-wing whining."

Too late!

Oh, so the left needs to justify his award, huh?

I've already been asked several times to justify it!
As if I gave him the award myself! No one owes a justification. And Huckabee's right. It would be the best move they ever made to proudly congratulate Obama for the award.

Originally posted by fraterormus
This is one of those cases where Republicans are better off congratulating Obama, celebrating the fact that the Nobel Peace Prize went to an American, never minding that he might be a Political Opponent, and using it as a Photo-Op to shed some of that War-Mongering image they have carried for the past 60 years.

Can you imagine if the GOP did that??? It would turn the left on its ear!
It would be a fine day for America, though. A day of forgetting the lines between the right and left and standing up with pride for our new position in the world's eyes.

If the GOP could learn this lesson, they'd make great leaps and bounds in the American public's eyes.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

Huckabee is a total bumholio. This guy once had the nerve to come to a hotel where I was the bellman and ask me to carry his 5 bags for him and his wife. We got to the room, I set them up real nice and this idiot smirked at me and said thanks. Even his wife looked displeased with him.

What a pig. Even if he had nothing on him he could have at least explained why. What an ahole.

That guy used to be a minister.....unbelievable.

Maybe he was in a hurry and had to crap or something, I don't know but it worried me to then see him try and be President.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
That guy used to be a minister.....unbelievable.

that is why people are pissed of with religion, that people like huckebee around. I bet he was soo ffing evil in power, to people.

There are so many hypocrites on both parts of the gang that run your political system in america.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
Obama has done absolutely nothing to earn himself a nobel peace prize or any prize accept for the worst president ever.

i wouldn't be so quick to label him "worst president ever" yet. i'm no fan, don't get me wrong, don't think in any universe he deserved a nobel peace prize, but whatever. it doesn't really affect me or anyone but the obamas. really.

i liked the point that huckabee made about justifying the award for his first 2 weeks as president...because that is about as long as it took before his "true colors" started showing. that being, lying and letting the people down despite his 'promises' during the campaign...but thats just like any other president as well. so far he hasn't officially come through on all the conspiracy talk of "evil" he is capable of....though i do expect that in due time. for now he's not the worst president ever, though it seems to be going in that direction.

nobel peace prize...despite moving in on more of the middle east and bombing, accidentally---good reason or lame reason---whatever...thats not deserving of a peace prize. no matter what his intentions or message of hope are.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

So if you disagree, you're a whiner, racist, extremist, domestic terrorist, tea bagger, bigot?

What ever happened to just disagreeing?

Oh, yeah, you can still do that if you're a democrat.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

As a person who can't see why anybody would vote for either one of these two corrupt parties, I'll throw in my two cents and ask what did Obama do to deserve this.

Bush was awarded with some kind of peace thing when he left office. I found it such a joke that I can't even remember what it was now. What a bunch of garbage that was.

If Obama had brokered peace between Israel and Palestine and I'd say by all means give it to him, but he hasn't. If he'd brought home the troops from Iraq I'd say give it to him, but he hasn't. Just more garbage

Edit to add before I get flamed for not having my facts straight -> Bush was awarded the International Medal of PEACE

S&F

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Sundancer]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

If Obama had brokered peace between Israel and Palestine and I'd say by all means give it to him, but he hasn't. If he'd brought home the troops from Iraq I'd say give it to him, but he hasn't. Just more garbage

Exactly...I don't see how anyone could give a "Peace" prize to anyone that is running a war that is now in 3 COUNTRIES. Yes...Bush, the piece of crap that he is, had a helluva lot to do with it...but Obama was there to carry the torch on that one. Didn't miss a beat.

It's ridiculous and I don't know how any real Liberal could think otherwise....or anyone else for that matter.

He made a few good speeches about peace...and in the background a few 100 miles away we are bombing terrorists and conducting war in three separate nations while soldiers and innocent people die.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma
[sarcasm]We are forgetting that they gave Obama the prize not for what he has done but to nudge him to do the right thing![/sarcasm]

I actually believe this is true.

I think that people believe that Obama is capable of great things if he doesn't compromise out of fear.

I think this is award is a way of saying, "Prove you deserve it."

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

OMG
I finally met another person on ATS that has seen through the Republican/Democrat lie and call both parties out for what they are.
Most are quick to admit Obama's faults but nothing more.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Why is it that we should be pleased and excited that our President gets an award that use to be recognition for real accomplishment and now has been politicized?

Why Libs, do we have to be happy that Obama get more recognition for absolutely doing nothing, no achievement, nada zip......

Remember he had only been in office for just a couple of weeks when nominations were closed.

Why not give it to the real deserving peacemakers? (Don't know who I would give it to, but I know there are some real peacemakers out there somewhere.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

OMG I finally met another person on ATS that has seen through the Republican/Democrat lie and call both parties out for what they are. Most are quick to admit Obama's faults but nothing more

When i first started visiting ATS I was there...buying into the "all liberals are crazy" deal. The Palin bashing initially got me interested (I don't like her btw)...but the attacks were unbelievable. The notion of the first Black President or female VP also got me interested...then the bailouts happened and I've slowly gotten to where I am now. There were many things I struggled with. Sometimes you just want to believe you are right in what you believe and ignore/deny what is really happening.

No one likes to be wrong and it takes much to get over it. I see others here struggle with it all the time as well.

Btw...I don't think all Liberals are crazy...although some here will definitely disagree with me. There are plenty of crazy bastards on both sides...unfortunately they always end up running the country.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

So if you disagree, you're a whiner, racist, extremist, domestic terrorist, tea bagger, bigot?

Oh, yeah, you can still do that if you're a democrat.

Even that sounds like whining, crybaby

I think it's time for the GOP to quit whining and come up with some fresh ideas, and a positive platform rather than negative, swiftboat fingerpointing whining. Elections aren't that far away; time to man it up, get to work and actually come up with some alternatives and solutions; not crybaby Glen Beck whining.

And I'm a member of the GOP btw.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Huckabee is a pathetic politician. Like Limbaugh says his testicles are in hilary's lock box along with msnbc and cnn.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Of course Obama deserves the award.

The rest of the world has a strong desire to subdue the US and bring them into line with the power schemes of the rest of the globe. Obama is working very hard towards that goal and has already made great strides towards destroying what is left of the dollar and opening the door for a global currency.

The rest of the planet needs the US citizenry to give in and give up their rights so that a world government can mandate how we live every aspect of our lives and Obama has made great strides in that direction.

Nobody said the Nobel Prize had anything to do with the betterment of American Citizens, just mankind as they see it.

Nope,
He's earned it from the rest of the worlds point of view.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
what are you talking about?

Obama does NOT deserve that award!

first day on the job he sent drones to Pakistan
he is all for the oil pipelines in Georgia coming from the caspian sea

only good thing about him is his rethoric
that's it!

he talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk

And you type the type, but you don't grammar the grammar, punctuation the punctuation, or spelling the spelling.

Congratulations are in order for our President, to say or do otherwise would be downright Un-American

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

SO, does ANYONE think that the left owes an explain/justification for Obama's award? Or do we want to continue to harp on why he doesn't deserve it.

Does Obama (or the democrats) owe anyone an explanation? Not really.

But seeing as they are OUR government, they should if we ask.

IMO, all this shows is that power brings more power. There are far more many leaders of this world that has promoted peace much more than us.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
McCain did the right thing and made a statement congratulating the president on receiving the Nobel. He was gracious and expressed his pride in the U.S. That's the Republican Party I used to know.

I agree that the prize was awarded very early in his presidency, but it is important to try to understand how much of the rest of the world views Obama. He has completely changed the direction and tone of U.S. diplomacy, and shown a desire to listen to other world leaders and not just bully the rest of the world into fearing us.

I, too, would like to see us get out of Iraq (which is happening) and Afghanistan (which doesn't seem to be happening -- at least not yet).

Obama is not perfect but nobody said the Nobel Prize should only be awarded for flawless perfection. I think it represent the hope of the rest of the world for more peace and progress, and for that the cooperation of the U.S. is necessary.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I think it's time for the GOP to quit whining and come up with some fresh ideas, and a positive platform rather than negative, swiftboat fingerpointing whining. Elections aren't that far away; time to man it up, get to work and actually come up with some alternatives and solutions; not crybaby Glen Beck whining.

I think there isn't much hope if the GOP continue to rally around people like Glenn Beck. Mr Beck actually claimed that the tea baggers should have won the Nobel prize. While you may be able to argue that Obama didn't deserve it, it ridiculous to even suggest that the tea baggers deserved it. Sadly, many people believe in that nut.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
Bush was awarded the International Medal of PEACE

S&F

Thanks for remembering that. I remember it now, but had forgotten. I remember I was shocked and thought it was a joke. Here's an ATS thread if anyone's interested in the responses.
They're interesting.

Sestias, that was a great post, as usual.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join