It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
how in the hell would you know what he has done...

how in the hell would you know what he has done????
Olberman and Chris "tingle up my leg' Matthews aren't exactly telling the truth about Obama. And the FACT is that Obama was put in for this award just two weeks after being put in office. TWO WEEKS. Up until then he'd just been a nobody community organizer and junior senator with nafarious underworld buddies and racist connections.

aren't all you guys making joker/obama signs while listening to limbaugh???

1 - I don't listen to Limbaugh.
2 - JOKER/BUSH signs were made years before the Joker/Obama sign was made.

link   
I wonder how much they had to pay the Nobel commission to attain this, the joke of the world. Obama was nominated within TWO WEEKS after he took office. TWO WEEKS as the deadline for nominations was Feb 1st. Obviously this has been planned and bought. Actually, he was probably nominated BEFORE he came into power. So it would be very interesting to know who nominated him and exactly when.

nobelprize.org...

To give a peace prize to some clown whose eligibility is in question is like giving it to an illegal immigrant cleaner, or Al Gore. The Nobel prize is meaningless….I am just sick at the $1.4 million this criminally inclined narcissist has won.

i.abcnews.com...

Any fool can nominate

nobelprize.org...

link   
reply to post by Bullhorn

jimmy carter deserved it. Al Gore on the other hand deserved the Nobel Prize in the study of man-bear-pig

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
and now obama? who might start a war with iran oh brother

Israel might start a war with Iran, not America.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I know one line replies are frownd apon but........ WHAT? WHY? I guess the Obama popularity contest wins again.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Their opposition to him is not based on reason or logic or really even on policy...its visceral almost psychotic in nature ...

Hey ya' grover
Sorry bud, but you are wrong on this. It's been explained over and over exactly why we can't stand Obama's policies. It's been shown over and over that he's a racist with nafarious underworld connections. Now we can also add more proof that he's a NWO tool.

It's not psychotic. It's based on facts.

But I do appreciate that you were clear that it isn't based upon race.

Glad to see that you are aware of that.
It gets old and pathetic when people dismiss complaints about obama
and insinuate it's just because he's half black.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
it really is a good question why he won though. I mean i voted for him. And I know you all will question my rationality when i say that i like most of what he has done so far. But really. I'm happy for him and imma let him finish but Lex Luther had one of the best diplomacy plans of all time.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufopunx
What the hell? He did nothing except being black and said I will do that, me I call that positive discrimination, maybe it's positive but it's still discrimination.

Now that's become ridiculous.

yeah...that's how they chose him....he was black...yeah right...YOU have REAL INSIGHT...
hurry, quickly, hurry... back to FOX NEWS...they will be happy to explain it all to you...they will calm you down, and you guys can return to your normal bashing and trashing...and confirm and comfort you with what you have been previously told....

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CINY8
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but letters of nominations for the nobel peace prize closed on 2/1/09...only a couple of weeks into his presidency. A nomination based only on what he said he would do if he was elected president and not based on anything he has done as president.

how in the hell would you know what he has done...you think right-wing media is going to tell you????
did it ever occur to you that you might be in a dark tunnel, while everybody else is out in the sunshine???.....nope, didn't think so...your free to return to FOX NEWS and continue bashing.

Jimmy, usually you're pretty logical. So let me ask you to answer your own question. What has Obama done to deserve this? He gave a speech in the Middle East that changed zero policy whatsoever, and has made the leaders there call Obama weak. He has adopted appeasement policies to Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, Cuba and Venezuela. He has spent $9 trillion on financial bailouts and stimulus with little impact. Even on the peace front, he sent more troops into Iraq and Afghanistan, he STRENGTHENED the Patriot Act, has labeled Americans that don't agree with him as terrorists, and abandoned Poland and Eastern Europe due to Russian pressure. He was the first President to ever bow to a Monarch of Britain, and bow to the King of Saudi Arabia.

So let me ask you, what has he really done? The UN resolutions are toothless and just calls on nations to 'try to work on nuclear disarmament'. He has helped Chavez gain a stronger hold. So really, please detail what he has actually accomplished.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

how dare the nobel prize committee disregard the american right-wing media, and actually choose for themselves on what they have observed and researched...

OMG that was beyond funny!

The American LEFT WING media adores this guy.
There is NO WAY that the committee 'observed and researched' Obama themselves.
They drank the koolaid Olberman was serving.
They smoked the hope-ium that Chris Matthews was offering.

TRY to let this sink in .... again .... Obama was in office TWO WEEKS when he got the prize. He had done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to get it. He was just a half black nobody who came out of nowhere and made pretty speeches. That's it.

If that committee had actually 'observed and researched' Obama, they would have found a racist liar with underworld dealings. Obviously they either didn't do their own 'observation and research' or they did and didn't care that he hadn't done anything. Hell .. this is the same group of yahooos who gave mass murdering pedophile Arafat a peace prize. So I guess we shouldn't be surprized at their stupidity.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I just have to say you are completely wrong.

Please don't assume that because people are suspicious of this "incident" it automatically means "right-wing" and "republican".

I'm neither, I was looking forward to Obama becoming president. I was extremely hopeful that finally things would start to change.

The FACTS are, Obama has changed nothing, zip, nada. Anything he promised to do is either ignored, not talked about or excused by suggesting "give him time".

It's crap in all honesty. Obama has done nothing to improve international diplomacy and discussion, Bush leaving did.
You could have elected Barney the Purple Dinosaur as president and international relations would automatically improve simply because it was no longer Bush running the show!

Now, if Obama had openly acted against Israel diplomatically for attacking the Palestinians, if he openly acted in criticism of Iran for their stealing of the election, if he removed the archaic laws Bush implemented against the American people instead of renewing them, if he put his hands up and said Bush and the CIA had acted illegally...If he'd done any or those things, I would agree he should be recognised for making a difference. But he didn't.

Obama has changed nothing, he's just the next president in a long line of those who'll stick to the plan; bury the truth, back hateful and dangerous regimes where it's convenient, ignore war crimes where it suits...

Awarding Obama the Nobel Peace Prize is an insult to all those who actually acted to earn such a title. It's embarrassing.

They should have issued an IOU, with the statement "if you do the following..."

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This morning I woke up early.... I woke up not to the sound of news regarding Obamas peace prize win.... I woke to the dripping sound of angry conservative tears..... mmmmm it never tasted so sweet.... better save some for lunch

I agree, choosing Obama was premature... but nevertheless he won the award, congratulations Mr President!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dallas18
So what exactly did he do to get this award? I agree with the 2nd post.
This is outrageous.

He borrowed alot of money from our creditors and has been flying all over the place giving speeches!! This makes him worthy of such honors!! After all, have you heard him talk??

okay, so a little sarcastic this morning. the article I read put it like this...

"his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples,"

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I'm not sure why everyone is carping that BHO won the Nobel Peace Prize. Al Gore won it last year and it had nothing to do with "peace." It seems that the Peace Prize is now all about saving the planet and turning everyone green - not that BHO has done anything about the environment, mind you.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
am hearing now that the deadline for nominations for this prize were 2 weeks after Obama took office... 2 weeks!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dickbar
am hearing now that the deadline for nominations for this prize were 2 weeks after Obama took office... 2 weeks!!!

Less... only 11 days! Inauguration Jan 20. Nobel deadline, Feb 1

11 days

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

how in the hell would you know what he has done...

how in the hell would you know what he has done????
Olberman and Chris "tingle up my leg' Matthews aren't exactly telling the truth about Obama. And the FACT is that Obama was put in for this award just two weeks after being put in office. TWO WEEKS. Up until then he'd just been a nobody community organizer and junior senator with nafarious underworld buddies and racist connections.

1 - I don't listen to Limbaugh.
2 - JOKER/BUSH signs were made years before the Joker/Obama sign was made.

c'mon...this just gives all of you, more to bash him with, this will keep your blood boiling for weeks!!!! you will get to think up more names to call obama....more jingoistic sloganing, much more fear-inducing rhetoric, THIS WILL ENERGIZE YOUR BASE!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

TRY to let this sink in .... again .... Obama was in office TWO WEEKS when he got the prize.

I actually agree with you that this is beyond crazy but!... It's not correct that he GOT THE PRIZE in February.

That date was the final date for the submissions of possible candidates, then they have until October to discuss and decide the winner.

PEACE!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
They had to make some big news event this morning. ...something to draw attention from the whole lunar bombing disappointment.

I never knew you could get a Noble Prize for something you plan to do.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Yes let’s talk about peace. Obama took the time to go to Kenya and rallied for his supposed ‘cousin’ Odinga, when he was senator, probably paid for by the taxpayer. The only words he could summon then were that Kenya was ripe for ‘change’…seems that is all he can say. When Odinga, (who wanted Shariah law instituted in every single district regardless that most were Christian, and a recognition of Islam as the ‘only true religion‘) lost, his supporters went berserk committing genocide, raping and killing everyone, including burning down a church full of women and children. So, yes, this man deserves this money and this accolade. If he wasn’t a narcissist he would still be scrubbing the blood off his hands and his soul.
Peace…yes he is the man of peace…mmm mmm mmm

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join