It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
All you silly doubters, who thought Obama was evil. Now look sheeple he won the Nobel Peace Prize, he must be legit. Doubt no more, Peace has been delivered.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by guidanceofthe third kind
i call dibs on the next prize...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by smarteye
All you silly doubters, who thought Obama was evil. Now look sheeple he won the Nobel Peace Prize, he must be legit. Doubt no more, Peace has been delivered.

You make a good point regarding the attempt to legitimize Obama. Unfortunately, it is like naming the Yugo the Motor Trend Car of the Year.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but letters of nominations for the nobel peace prize closed on 2/1/09...only a couple of weeks into his presidency. A nomination based only on what he said he would do if he was elected president and not based on anything he has done as president.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It is painfully obvious that The Nobel Prize Committee is still high from smoking the hope-ium and still drunk from drinking too much koolaid. Many of Obama's adorers here in the USA are waking up from the elections with a bad obama-hangover. Looks like sobriety hasn't reached Europe yet. :shk:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
which means it was in place before we even voted him in

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Thats an absolute disgrace, ive always thought highly of the nobel prizes and thought it was one of the few awards that really has to be earned. I guess if you want peace, do nothing everything else will take care of itself.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CINY8
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but letters of nominations for the nobel peace prize closed on 2/1/09...only a couple of weeks into his presidency. A nomination based only on what he said he would do if he was elected president and not based on anything he has done as president.

That makes it even worse.

Now I'm REALLY wondering if the Obama-anti-christ people are right. The guy came out of nowhere, had no experience, is a proven liar and racist, but suddenly he's leader of the free world and the entire world is ga-ga over him.

I've always thought he was just a tool for his puppet masters.

Now I'm thinking he's something much more sinister.

Check this out ... Story Here
Catholic Bishops aren't known for being the brightest bunch, but here you have Catholic Bishops in Africa comparing Obama to the O.T. prophets. They are practically drooling over him.

They have all lost their minds.
The Nobel Prize Committee. The Bishops. All of them.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
So he was nominated after being in office two weeks and doing absolutely nothing. Never has someone done so little to win a award of this magnitude. Then again, the Nobel Peace Prize committee has always been more political than everything.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CINY8

how in the hell would you know what he has done...you think right-wing media is going to tell you????
aren't all you guys making joker/obama signs while listening to limbaugh???
did it ever occur to you that you might be in a dark tunnel, while everybody else is out in the sunshine???.....nope, didn't think so...your free to return to FOX NEWS and continue bashing.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
it now stands to reason that there must be some sort of international congregation of power that made a choice to put Obama up. the organization might even make a 3-letter acronym withe 2 consonants and a vowel.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

to be fair, we had a crapload of apologizing to do

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Who cares? Of course it's a joke to award the Nobel Peace Prize to someone who has done absolutely nothing to deserve it. On the other hand Jimmy Carter and Al Gore already received this honor so what the heck, why not give it to Obama?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ejaylinz

While I am as flabbergasted as everyone else by this award what you need to realize is that Obama could be anointed by Christ Jesus himself in front of the entire nation and the hard right would find a way to criticize him for it and claim it was a fraud.

Their opposition to him is not based on reason or logic or really even on policy...its visceral almost psychotic in nature and to be fair to them (at least some of them and hopefully a majority) not based on race but simply because their side lost...that a liberal Democrat is in office.

As for the Nobel prize it makes no sense to me either...other than his address to the Muslim world I cannot think of anything world shaking that he has done yet to deserve it...I mean the Israeli's are thumbing their noses at him...Iraq is still a mess and no one has won in Afghanistan since Tamerlane.

link   
What the hell? He did nothing except being black and said I will do that, me I call that positive discrimination, maybe it's positive but it's still discrimination.

Now that's become ridiculous.

link   

The Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons. Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened. Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population. For 108 years, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has sought to stimulate precisely that international policy and those attitudes for which Obama is now the world's leading spokesman. The Committee endorses Obama's appeal that "Now is the time for all of us to take our share of responsibility for a global response to global challenges." Oslo, October 9, 2009

"Okey"

link   

Originally posted by Wachstum
the swedish commitee made a political decision: The price is not for what he did, but what he will hopefully do in the future. Like a self-fulfilling prophecy: We give you the nobel peace price and from now on, you must prove yourself worthy. If not, people will make fun of you...

Sounds like a futile hope

Yep! this political move by the Norwegian Nobel Commitee is frikkin' brilliant!

Now they are forcing Obama to live up to the peace prize and therefore, he can not do as he like with the wars in Afghanistan, Iraq and eventually in the end - Iran!

This also put a lot of pressure on him and his administration regarding the Israeli-Palestinian situation.

If he's defending Israel when and if too many Palestinian children are dying, the world will turn their backs on Obama for not pressuring Israel!

When I woke up this morning and read this news I was like: WTF!!

But now I suspect that this is a brilliant political move by the Norwegian Nobel Commitee.

BTW! the main big Swedish Nobel Commitee has little to do with the "Peace Prize" beside that Alfred Nobel was Swedish.

Before 1905 - Norway belonged to Sweden and they were counted as one country with a union between the two.

Therefore they decided that the Nobel "Peace Prize" would be located in Oslo-Norway to avoid political corruption etc.

Alfred Nobel's will stated that the prize should be awarded by a committee of five people elected by the Norwegian Parliament. Norway and Sweden were at that time still in union, and with Sweden responsible for all foreign policy, Nobel felt that the prize might be less subject to political corruption if awarded by Norway. The Peace Prize is presented annually in Oslo, in the presence of the king, on December 10 (the anniversary of Nobel's death), and is the only Nobel Prize not presented in Stockholm. "In Oslo, the Chairman of the Norwegian Nobel Committee presents the Nobel Peace Prize in the presence of the King of Norway. Under the eyes of a watching world, the Nobel Laureate receives three things: a diploma, a medal and a document confirming the prize amount.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ahh my gawd! these are crazy times we are living in!

Obama the peace-keeper are uniting the world - through world peace!

Will this make him what the religious folks would call: The Anti-Christ?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
So he was nominated after being in office two weeks and doing absolutely nothing. Never has someone done so little to win a award of this magnitude. Then again, the Nobel Peace Prize committee has always been more political than everything.

yeah...right...how dare the nobel prize committee disregard the american right-wing media, and actually choose for themselves on what they have observed and researched...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join