It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cluster 7.0+ Magnitude Earthquakes Hit Vanuatu & Santa Cruz Islands

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Why couldn't it be a long ago eroded Caldera?

If you follow the historic evolution of the world since the ~super continent~ (Pangaea)...is there not some explanation for the evolution/expansion of the Pacific Ocean and the ~growing Earth~ theory?

What pushed image #1...

Into image #5?

Just a ~after thought~ ...really...

And to add... :shk:

MAP 6.4 2009/10/08 21:16:12 -12.858 166.188 9.4 SANTA CRUZ ISLANDS
MAP 5.0 2009/10/08 19:42:46 -16.035 168.203 291.2 VANUATU

Edit: The thing that really freaks me out about the swarm is...

There are dozen of tiny island in the area that sit just feet above the Ocean...has anyone even been able to check these islands in the past few days to see if anyone who used to live there is now gone?

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Why couldn't it be a long ago eroded Caldera?

If you follow the historic evolution of the world since the ~super continent~ (Pangaea)...is there not some explanation for the evolution/expansion of the Pacific Ocean and the ~growing Earth~ theory?

What pushed image #1...

Into image #5?

Just a ~after thought~ ...really...

And to add... :shk:

MAP 6.4 2009/10/08 21:16:12 -12.858 166.188 9.4 SANTA CRUZ ISLANDS
MAP 5.0 2009/10/08 19:42:46 -16.035 168.203 291.2 VANUATU

Edit: The thing that really freaks me out about the swarm is...

There are dozen of tiny island in the area that sit just feet above the Ocean...has anyone even been able to check these islands in the past few days to see if anyone who used to live there is now gone?

This whole expanding earth theory... how does the law of conservation of mass come in? You have to have matter before something can just expand.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It like it is moving closer to the surface. Just a matter of time until this thng blows. I hope everyone is ok.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

This whole expanding earth theory... how does the law of conservation of mass come in? You have to have matter before something can just expand.

The Earths surface is ~recycled~...

Some is subducted by the moving plates in to a lower hotter magma core...

Where it's ~ejected~ along fault zones surrounding plates...

So it really is the conservation theory...neither created or lost...recycled...in weak areas of the Earths Crust?

Sound right?

MAP 5.9 2009/10/08 23:35:48 -12.437 166.488 54.0 SANTA CRUZ ISLANDS
MAP 5.3 2009/10/08 22:43:33 -10.842 165.409 18.9 SANTA CRUZ ISLANDS
MAP 5.2 2009/10/08 22:32:56 -19.580 -178.007 598.2 FIJI REGION
MAP 5.3 2009/10/08 21:37:21 -12.400 166.100 54.6 SANTA CRUZ ISLANDS

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I dont know to be honest Hx3,

Very much could be wrong, maybe a NEW or older formed caldera is happening, however I just stated that on known current records (yellowstone caldera is not long discovered really untill some geezer noticed the ridges in a circle as far as he could see initially)

But the fact that it lays on one the parts of the ring of fire as such, on a known tectonic plate boundary leads me to support the status quo of it being just a volcanic hot spot on a tectonic plate boundary.... also even if it was a caldera such deep readings, would have no real significance for NOW though maybe in the future, as they would indicate forces and pressures that would take a long time to work through the system to the surface.

If it was Tonga for example, which has been active of late I would say the exact opposite...

As far as I know there is no known "Plume" here besides the normal ones on boundaries, though as said a new one could be forming...

Hopefully not... and I just pray that with what we have seen over the last day or so any pressure between the boundaries has been released, and it can resume its frequent but lowish level Mag events for the discernable future for all living in the area.

Elf

edit for spelling and readability of my musings.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Ok...agreed...

But...if you look at the history of the Pacific Basin...look at this...

...can you see the ~bubbles~ across the basin...dragging...over the millenia?

look left...and follow the ~Caldrea~...just like YS...the long Fault line is a period of inactivity over time...

Just sayin'...

And more revisions

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

That IS interesting, where did you get that graph?

What are the data inputs/sets?

And though very localised s it is hard to say if significant or not...

mmm

reply to post by Phage

why did you leave out the last 5 years?

and also not use the previous boundary of Mag 7 for the data set?

??

As you say playing with data sets is fun.

Elf

[edit on 8-10-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I saw that somebody mentioned the expanding earth theory....I also thought about that, too!

If the expanding earth theory is true...maybe the great rift in the Pacific is expanding once more....getting ready to really expand. This could explain the increased amount of earthquakes lately.

I posted a theory about 8 months ago (can't remember the name of the thread) here on ATS that went something like this:

What if "the great cataclysm" that occurs at every "precession" (the coming cataclysm that the Mayans, the Egyptions, and the Freemasons have been warning us about for millenia now, that is supposedly supposed to happen around 2012) happens EVERY time our earth passes through the galactic plane?

What if, when the earth passes through the galactic plane it is actually a trigger for the earth to expand again. Like a growth spurt trigger.

After all, trees and seeds and plants and leaves are triggered to grow, bloom, and die, depending on the location of the earth to the sun....i.e. with every seasonal change. What if a similar relationship exists between the earth and the galactic center....and depending on the location of the earth to the galactic center, that is the trigger for the "earth" to bloom.

They always say that every microcosm is repeated in the macrocosm....or, to put it in more general terms: "On earth, as it is in heaven."

So, if a tree gets new growth rings every year, could it be possible that the planets get new growth rings at the complete of every "precession" around the galactic center?
And therefore...these earthquakes that we are experiencing, are mere signs of another growth spurt about to happen.

edit to add:

Another thought: following that same thought train....what if there are not only planetary seasons, but also GALACTIC SEASONS? And what if we are coming upon the galactic "spring"...when it's time for the planets to "bloom" and "burst forth". What if that's the natural, evolutionary process of a planet? What if a planet is just a "seed" and we are all just like microorganisms on that seed, that have no idea that it's about to sprout?

Just a thought.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

As I was reading the post and thought the same thing you questioned. Dark Matter popped into my head.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mantic

Dark matter may be a different plane of existence, a negative to our positive universe, but still an actual state of existence.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Whoa.. I just pulled up a much MUCH higher resolution of the oceans topography, and you are right. It does LOOK like a massive moving caldera under the ocean, but I know the Ring of Fire is full of them--but this looks separate from the ring.. may be! Interesting, none the less.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79cfd55cba46.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is the entire earth in that res--WARNING, it's 10,800 × 5,400 pixels, file size: 13.82 MB.. (The link is just a thumbnail of it, and url to the full image)

upload.wikimedia.org...

[edit on 10/9/2009 by Pharyax]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Watching the Videos of Neil Adams does make so much sense, but some type of extreme physics at the center of the planet would have to play such a odd role--and re-writing geological history basically..

This 'force' would have to have a really strong gravitational core, as well as burn hot. (lets call this a mini-star). This wouldn't be like our sun--in size, but what if it grew slowly as suns do, as they age?

Maybe this is really how suns form? (I know, bare with me), but say gasses compressed enough to create a gravitational force--the heaviest particles would be attracted to this--rock, iron, other heavy metals, and over time, this covering sphere of heavy metals compress these gasses and other elements into a star. (much like an atomic bomb is set off)

When this is triggered, if there is enough rock covering the mini-sun, the explosion would not vaporize the entire rocky surface, but make a hot core. (lava, magma..) and as this mini-star expands, so does the planet, AND the core becomes larger and more hollow- (i.e volcanoes, new land).
Maybe this would explain gravity, the liquid core and much more?

That would be once way the Neil Adams theory would have to work--I would guess. Just throwing out this idea I had. Maybe someone could crunch some numbers and see if this is actually possible?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I provided a link for the data I used for the graph.
It is earthquakes of 7.0+.

[edit on 10/9/2009 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry Phage my bad.

Elf

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Earthquake List for Map of Australia Region
earthquake.usgs.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov...

MAP 5.1 2009/10/09 17:07:18 -12.899 166.020 35.0 SANTA CRUZ ISLANDS
MAP 5.5 2009/10/09 13:12:32 -13.335 166.461 29.7 VANUATU
MAP 5.4 2009/10/09 09:14:40 -11.714 165.858 10.0 SANTA CRUZ ISLANDS
MAP 5.3 2009/10/09 07:33:28 -13.267 166.286 35.0 VANUATU
MAP 4.9 2009/10/09 03:47:30 -12.906 166.535 35.0 SANTA CRUZ ISLANDS
MAP 4.7 2009/10/09 00:08:03 -12.884 166.004 35.7 SANTA CRUZ ISLANDS

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My understanding is the the Earth is expanding because it is constantly collecting new matter, in the form of meteorites, from space. A great deal of material is constantly reigning down on the Earth, we just don't see it because almost all of it breaks up in the upper atmosphere, and falls as dust.

Over time, this adds up.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax

Watching the Videos of Neil Adams does make so much sense, but some type of extreme physics at the center of the planet would have to play such a odd role--and re-writing geological history basically..

This 'force' would have to have a really strong gravitational core, as well as burn hot. (lets call this a mini-star). This wouldn't be like our sun--in size, but what if it grew slowly as suns do, as they age?

Maybe this is really how suns form? (I know, bare with me), but say gasses compressed enough to create a gravitational force--the heaviest particles would be attracted to this--rock, iron, other heavy metals, and over time, this covering sphere of heavy metals compress these gasses and other elements into a star. (much like an atomic bomb is set off)

When this is triggered, if there is enough rock covering the mini-sun, the explosion would not vaporize the entire rocky surface, but make a hot core. (lava, magma..) and as this mini-star expands, so does the planet, AND the core becomes larger and more hollow- (i.e volcanoes, new land).
Maybe this would explain gravity, the liquid core and much more?

That would be once way the Neil Adams theory would have to work--I would guess. Just throwing out this idea I had. Maybe someone could crunch some numbers and see if this is actually possible?

Maybe it expands and gets bigger, and things start turning to liquids, then to gases. Liquids take up more space with less matter. What if it liquefies, and once the planets a full liquid it starts turning into a gas giant, then the gas giant turns to a sun? Is that what your talking about?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed that as these 5.0 earthquakes continue at paces of up to ten a day since the major sevens, even a few sixes, the media has gone silent on it? Usually five's get reported if only as a footnote and I'm surprised a swarm like this isn't. Today alone - the 12th, there have been four plus one 5.0+ including one six - and it's currently 7:35 AM EST.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by LittleDragon]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
e Quake indicates another 5.2 Vanuatu? Except it presents a 3.3 Virgin Islands event when I click on it? Anyone able to confirm/summarize further activity. Hey, what's up in the Pacific/North West? Check out all that strange activity - quakes, mudslide, low frequency unidentified sounds, all seems a bit odd. Perhaps that magnetosphere post is onto something?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
OK data's showing up as normal now on the eQuake link for the 5.2 Vanuatu 20.48

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join