It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curfew Laws

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
How is minors having a curfew oppressive?

It might impede on your drinking time or cut the chances of you getting laid in half, but its not oppressive.

Yes teenagers are stupid, everyone here was a teenager and we all did stupid things. Your parents did stupid things as teenagers, you have done stupid things as a teenager and your kids will do stupid things as a teenager.

No need to try and convince us that you are differant.

It being Sunday and all I imagine you got in trouble Saturday night by the cops for being out after curfew and you are venting.

edit because I jacked up that first line all to hell.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by jd140]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

don't make it a race thing. minors are stupid. you don't realize it until you look back and go "WTF was i thinking?". im not much older then you so i still remember the # i was pulling. your saying you've never done anything that was illegal?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I agree parents should be the first to enforce these curfews, but the law is there for another reason: the rowdy "after hours adults".

I think the law is primarily there to keep younger kids out of the mix of drunks (and worse) that tend to congregate after certain hours.

Some of those jerks don't respect limits, and they love what they think is an "easy target" - single women and young adults.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I agree that they make less intelligent decisions but it by no means makes them stupid. I educate myself with facts about he word and I can say with 100 percent assurance that I am smarter than my grandmother.

Life experience does not equal intelligence.

The whole thing is that the law shouldn't be able to tell your own kid when to be inside.

I would never want the law to tell me what to do with my children or own body.
For this same reason I think the seat belt law is oppressive.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Okay since you misunderstood what was meant, I will explain so that you don't get into a hissy anymore.

When we say teens are stupid, we don't mean intellectually. We mean that teens do stupid things. Our valedvictorian almost got suspended because he got drunk and streaked acrosss the 50 yard line during a football game.

Funny as hell, but also stupid as hell. Thats the type of thing we refer to when we say teens are stupid.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez I can say with 100 percent assurance that I am smarter than my grandmother.

Life experience does not equal intelligence.

Are you serious?

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

your right seat belt laws are oppressive.

just don't forget to check off organ donor. other people need that liver you know.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yeah I am serious.

Just because someone has lived long does not mean they are more intelligent.

Back to the issue at hand please - CURFEWS not intelligence.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
All I can say is why should the vast majority of Teens (say 99 to 1) be victimised because of the minority in the community. These power-tripping cops just want a excuse to beat some kid around in the middle of the night (conveniently when noone is looking as everyone will be indoors.)

And why just victimise Teens?, I can think of immigrants and adults who commit crimes to fund Drug Businesses, Drunks, Prostitues etc.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
But it is assuming a whole group of people are GUILTY before they are innocent.
If there were a law on any other group of people such as this it would be seen as bigotry.
IT IS OPPRESSIVE and totalitarianistic

...i hope your awareness wont be discarded when you turn 18, which really isnt the "magical number"... 21 is... at 18, 19 and 20 you are not allowed to buy alcoholic beverages in many states - because - (according to those who have agendas that have nothing to do with your well-being) your brain hasnt fully reached maturity - but - its mature enough to be a government approved killer...

...did you know that when we first started sending our "boys" over to viet nam, the majority werent old enough to vote?... thats right... the minimum voting age then was 21... ever hear the old song "eve of destruction" (barry mcguire)?... it was a protest song back in the 60s and it helped to educate people about the hypocrisy of our government treating 18yr olds, 19yr olds and 20yrs olds like children except when the government decided that their lives were a disposable commodity needed to grease the mechanisms of the military industrial complex...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Please log out and go to bed now....mmmkay? It's past your curfew.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Please log out and go to bed now....mmmkay? It's past your curfew.

that was unnecessary. you can disagree but don't mock. we were all young once. hell i still am. this topic is important for him. debate him with serious points or just don't say anything.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

Excuse me but I have presented valid points, OP just ain't getting it pal.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

can't convert everyone doesn't give you a reason to harass.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Doc Tesla

Excuse me but I have presented valid points, OP just ain't getting it pal.

OP doesn't care, he just wants people to agree with his opinion.

As far as your post, I thought it brought some humor to the thread.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
whiny noobs!
there are certain hoops one must jump through on teh waqy to becoming an adult.
its the way the world works, liek it or not.
jsut jump through the hoop and hate them for making you do it a little bit forever.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I agree with the OP

isn't this the land of the free?

who's to say when a teenager has to be home other than the parents?

just because their under age they still have rights just like everybody else

im disgusted by how a child can be tried as an adult in court but at the same time they have to be 18 to smoke or watch certain movies and 21 to drink

now don't get me wrong I don't smoke and i barely even drink but who are we to say what another human being can't do unless its a crime

and when i say crime I mean a real crime, harm loss or injury to another person or property

the OP is right, curfews are another form of oppression

if a teenager is out at night doing stuff ain't suppose to then that's just family issues

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Curfews are absolutely absurd for so many reasons! The law is in place because people think that people under 18 have no business outside home after whatever time but so what?! People have no business outside of home after school anyways! The United States Government claims it is the land of the free when it is illegal to take a step outside your house if you are under a certain age.

People do stupid stuff when they are under 18 but so do people over 18. Soon there will be a law against the amount of television a person under 18 can watch because 'the land of the free' does not want 'young minds' doing stuff that does not do them good.

Wow. The United States government fights for freedom. But only for those who are over 18.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Finally some people agree with me.

It's not about what you think is a child. It's about freedom - and a law telling someone that they can't leave the house after a certain time is NOT being truly free.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Who cares if the other groups are stupid? That doesn't deviate from the fact that American minors are still the dumbest minors in the world.

And can I say Freudian?

[edit on 10/5/2009 by eldard]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join