It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curfew Laws

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Maybe the "rest of the civilized countries" have parents that give a darn about their kids and are involved in their lives enough to keep them out of trouble.......not here buddy! There is NO GOOD REASON anyone can tell me that teenagers need to be roaming the streets of my neighborhood after midnight.

Heck, I know what I was doing around that age, come on, deny ignorance and use some common sense....Please.

Deny ignorance is meant for both sides, not just the one you happen to agree with. Stop saying deny ignorance to people who simply have a different view.

The night is a whole other world, and it's beautiful. Some people just like to enjoy it.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You still aren't proving how it isn't oppressive.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It just so happens some people like to take a midnight walk or go to a certain spot and look at the stars or get McDonalds at 2 in the morning. Why? Because you can! It's a free country. (supposedly)

As long as you aren't causing harm to another person or their property then you should be able to do what ever it is that you want.

At 18 nothing "magically" happens that makes you an adult. There are A LOT of "adults" that are more immature then "kids".

That cop video with the skater got my blood boiling!! wow.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
alot of laws are dumb, someone could kill someone at 11:00 pm just as easy as i could at 12:00......yes my example is extream but it still makes sense

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There are already laws in place for vandalism, theft, etc. These curfew laws are even worse than the "pre-crime" justification in that futuristic Tom Cruise movie (sorry forgot the name).

Curfew laws impose upon innocents under the guise of "they might commit a crime".

My lil bro got fined 200 and something dollars for driving down to taco bell and getting some dinner. He was 17 and on a later schedule because he got up and worked late. He had to pay that fine with what little he was making in minimum wage, under fear of imprisonment!

Cops are extorting from the American youth and you, Signals, are supporting it? People like you may not be directly taking away freedoms, but your support of such draconian laws empower those who do.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join