It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History They Won't Teach You in School

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by toast317
...Sure, we have A LOT more privileges then other countries may have...

If I remember right in Switzerland your aloud to make phone calls that aren't tapped, Some countries allow the use of marijuana, and a federal income tax is FTL.

Tried to make that make sense but... in short, no... no we don't.
Even a lot of third world countries have rights that we do not have. (as well as laws that we don't have)

Just depends

Really when you look at it though, Id prefer living 3rd world than live in this colony of murderers.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Life must have some meaning above and beyond that which we have lived.

we are living in hell on earth. Things will not get better at all until after the final

reset. That's just my opinion. Someone please prove me wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Actually, I believe a few generations from now people will be learning some of the truth that is currently happening, and has happened in the past, once the US falls, and history books are re-written and talk about the bull# that our country has put us and everyone else through.

We should all put together the knowledge we have and make an online "History Book" that tells about the true events that have happened in the world, with the facts straightened. That would be pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I was aware of most of the content in the video and some of them I was not (like I had no idea we bombed Iraq weekly since 1991!). Anyway to be quite honest I have little to be proud of in this country anymore...
The Wars, Violence, and hate never seems to stop. America is always told we have an enemy, I wonder what the day will be like when people realize the enemy is not overseas but in this country. I think America can be saved still, it's not too late yet.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
proxy wars, terrorism, and shady, double crossings

not exactly the shining beacon of freedom and justice this government makes itself out to be

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I've lived in a 3rd world country, and believe me when I say that the situation there is not as grim or hopeless as our media portrays it. Sure, they don't have the luxury that we have, but they don't miss it because they haven't experienced it. Also, they might not earn as much as we do, but they learn to save, to value money, to spend only on essential things, and they are happy with what they have.

It boggles my mind that the government and the media that it controls has convinced a lot of people that these wars are a necessity, that there is a boogeyman somewhere in the middle east, who is plotting a plan to destroy us, that a little loss of liberty here and there is for the greater good.

Our nation has become obsessed with stuff which is why our whole economy is heavily depended on people buying # stuff they do not need with money they don't have. It was bound to come to an end, and we might be experiencing the beginning of the fall.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by prototism
proxy wars, terrorism, and shady, double crossings

That is merely ongoing human politics that has been happening ever since a handful of people gathered together in small societies and created leadership roles. We are the Rome or British Empire of our times. No better or worse.

Ps. Did the creator of the clip really need to throw in the four dead American nuns with 70,000 dead Salvadorans to get his point across?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
i believe this is a clip from one of Alex Jone's movies. It might be terrorstorm or end game.

The propaganda going on in schools is ridiculous. If America did something bad they don't teach it.

Neither, it's from Michael Moore's film Bowling for Columbine

Other than that, this was probably the most disturbing and unforgettable scene of the film.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

[edit on 4-10-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Actually, 1min 30 sec of that 3min 30 clip comes from other sources. Also, the clip itself is modified and cut to suit the track. But, Bowling for Columbine was a powerful documentary.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I was teaching my son, about Ben Franklin.
Now, I've watched a LOT of shows and read a lot about Ben Franklin, and felt like I knew a good bit about him. I was telling my son about Poor Richard's Almanac - that Franklin wrote, full of Franklin's pithy sayings. "Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas" which is what it is famous for.
My son wanted to know more about it, so we looked it up online.

public.gettysburg.edu...

It's ALL astrology. Ben Franklin was an astrologer.
Makes everything fall into perspective a bit more - his popularity with the French court, for instance.

Funny, but they NEVER taught me that in school. I've never seen it really in a documentary either. Funny that.

History is a crazy thing. They pass down what they want you to remember!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

There we go bowling for columbine. i knew i saw it somewhere. i just assumed it was something from Alex Jones.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epitaph25
reply to post by Doc Tesla

This has nothing to do with any of Alex Jones movies. I think, some of the clips are from Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 911. But, the quotes, pictures and war scenes are all put in for congruence.

What are you talking about?? That film was a COMPLETE whitewash and had no such footage at all.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Time=Now

Correction: Bowling for Columbine, as I mentioned somewhere in the posts above. Also, there was a nice presentation called "Pathocracy" from which the explosions and some other clips were taken.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It's funny...when I read the title of this thread, my first thought was "um, most-to-all of it?"

"History is written by the winners" - Napoleon

The way history is presented is constantly shifting, and this tells us more about the current concerns of the leaders of the day and academic infighting than it does about what really happened in the past. There are very, VERY few people with a voice that can be heard who are capable of taking anything close to an impartial view of history. Almost everyone has an ideological axe to grind, and (knowingly or unknowingly) distorts history through the lens of their perceptions, dreams, hopes, hatreds, and fears.

In this sense, history is very psychological...in the same way that people are often in denial about things that happened in their personal past or will conveniently forget or remember things in untrue ways, the voices of power in any society are always distorting history to make one point or another.

[edit on 10/5/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

There was always the great woods, and the life to be lived within it was, Crevecoeur admits, “singularly captivating,” perhaps even superior to that so boasted of by the transplanted Europeans. For, as many knew to their rueful amazement, “thousands of Europeans are Indians, and we have no examples of even one of those aborigines having from choice become Europeans!”

Of Course not. The Central Bankers were already colluding with the aristocracy to tax the peasants to death. Who wants to live as a slave when you can live free?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
why would the US govt support the assasinations of democratically elected people to install dictators?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

The video mentioned the US selling/giving weapons to Iran, I don't recall seeing that we were simultaneously providing weapons to Iraq. Kill'em all and let God sort them out, I guess
i really thought it was common knowledge.America furnished Iraq with its chemical weapons,among other things.www.fas.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pauldamo

I think you might find it interesting that according to a recent poll a large part of the US population still believe that Iraq and Saddam were behind 9/11.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Epitaph25

Wow, thats sad. Especially since the US never claimed Sadamm was behind it but that Osama and Al Quiada(sp?) was. Or that the US was, depending on which side ("Truthers") or not you're on in that debate.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Most of that stuff in the video leads back to the CIA. The president must approve of these things of course. The buck stops at the president as they say. Ron Paul calls it blowback which he got the term from the CIA.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by cloakndagger]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join