It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History They Won't Teach You in School

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Actually they do teach this in school. Granted I left school in 1988 but I knew about all of this from modern history courses... the good, the bad and the ugly. There's a lot of it, a lot of good, a lot of bad, and a lot of ugly. It serves a democratic society to teach all of these things.
The problem I have with video's like is a simple one: balance. Granted balance wasn't the point but I always think it serves us to stack knowledge of the bad/ugly with a healthy dose of the good. How many people did the Berlin airlifts save, how many people has the peace corps, red cross/crescent, how many people have been saved by influx of US dollars and material, and blood (in some cases) in Serbia, or Kosovo?
Our democracy thrives on criticism, but it also thrives on the ability of its people to see clearly in all things. The world is gray folks, the U.S. for all its faults remains the nation with the greatest potential to help the most people. The horrible and the unreasonable things we have chosen to do in this country's shouldn't tarnish the idea of the nation, but we as citizens should work to ensure that a. it doesn't happen again, and b. those responsible are remembered by history.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
YAY!!! another ./hate America thread, how refreshing and original

btw go ask an ordinary citizen of venezuela if they like Chavez....they will say yes...because they have seen what happens when you dont.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Remixtup

btw go ask an ordinary citizen of venezuela if they like Chavez....they will say yes...because they have seen what happens when you dont.

Ahh yes, The history of failed foreign policy can't be anything but a "Hate America" thread. Grow up and learn something will ya.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Its not "another ./hate America thread.

Its actual, documented history.

Now you can deny that all you want, but it won't change it.

Like it or not, every country in the world does things that it sees to be in its "national interest". Britain is no different (in fact we're probably worse). Neither are France, Russia, China....the list goes on.

Someone above mentioned Chavez - yes - he's done heinous things as well - how does that make the heinous things done in the name of "US National Interest" any better?

It doesn't.

It also doesn't mean that they didn't happen.

Welcome to the real world. Its messy, its ugly and lots of people tend to die.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

You're right. Heck, even Sweden who by many is considered quite a neutral country even helped the nazis because they liked to make a bit of money on the war (and probably because they were afraid of the nazis).

About $300m in looted Nazi gold, worth $2.6bn today, was used to pay Portugal, Sweden, Turkey and Spain for war material. Three-quarters of the amount was transferred through the Swiss National Bank.

Sweden provided Germany with a major portion, in some war years up to 90-100%, of the iron ore needed for weapons and armoured vehicles and ball bearings.

Source: BBC News

And Im a swede saying this. Im not interested in making excuses for my country, and what my country has done doesnt reflect on me as a individual. I was not part of it. And I think a lot of Americans should have a similar attitude about what your country did in the past. But considering what its doing NOW, do what you can to prevent further evil. Thats not too much to ask.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Y

Like it or not, every country in the world does things that it sees to be in its "national interest". Britain is no different (in fact we're probably worse). Neither are France, Russia, China....the list goes on.

well, when I see 1/2 the amount of threads focusing on those countries, hell I'll even give you combined, I'll say its more than Hate america/blame america agitprop. till then? im not denying these things happened. Im just saying theres much worse, and its far less talked about.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Ahh yes, The history of failed foreign policy can't be anything but a "Hate America" thread. Grow up and learn something will ya.

whos to say any of this is "failed foreign policy"? you sure this wasnt the intended outcome?....

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
No need to convince yourselves that the Gov isnt hidding stuff from us.
Do you believe everything is told to you?
Do you really think they want you to know their main objective is control and place puppets where they need them so much?

So this might not be 100% accurate, there is some added stuff to make it more sensational but bottom lines at least 80% of it is true.

We are being controled and lied to but it didnt start yesterday. Read up on military strategists and you will understand a little more.

Control of information and control of your own population is the key to controling the world.

So let all sit back down on our coaches and turn on CNN and listen to the truth ( Only they can tell us the truth right?). When you'll hear a fellow american, canadian, Uk solder died on duty in Iraq or other parts of the world ask your self why. Oh ya its true Saddam was involved in something, was it 9/11 or was it chemical weapons again. lololol

Just keep sleeping the truth will only change your lives and no one wants their cozzy lives changed right?

War and death is the future of this planet until we ALL rise. not just a few ALL. If we dont all do it togheter their will be no change.

So go back to school and learn what they want you to learn.
Oh and by the way in canada people live in igloo's and we ride dog sleds

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pauldamo
reply to post by searching4truth

The video mentioned the US selling/giving weapons to Iran, I don't recall seeing that we were simultaneously providing weapons to Iraq. Kill'em all and let God sort them out, I guess
i really thought it was common knowledge.America furnished Iraq with its chemical weapons,among other things.www.fas.org...

Right, I just thought it would've added to the video (or for those that haven't made the connection) that we were supplying both simultaneously to kill each other.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Helghast1

why would the US govt support the assasinations of democratically elected people to install dictators?

MONEY (wealth)

With the 1944 Bretton Woods Agreement member countries had accepted the obligation to treat gold, the dollar and the pound alike. When President Nixon took the dollar off the gold standard,that meant third world countries could argue that the IMF’s reason for existence evaporated. Thanks to the Oil Crisis, the problem for big banks like Chase Manhattan, Citicorp and Bank of America were two-fold: Third world countries defaulting on their loans and no one credit worthy in the USA to lend to.

A former respected member of international banking, John Perkins, said in “Confessions of an Economic Hit Man” and interviews, the American banks and IMF solved both of these problems by having the IMF lend countries the money to pay off the American bank loans.

Perkins writes, "The book was to be dedicated to the presidents of two countries, men who had been his clients whom I respected and thought of as kindred spirits – Jaime Rolds, president of Ecuador, and Omar Torrijos, president of Panama. Both had just died in fiery crashes. Their deaths were not accidental. They were assassinated because they opposed that fraternity of corporate, government, and banking heads whose goal is global empire. We Economic Hit Men failed to bring Rolds and Torrijos around, and the other type of hit men, the CIA-sanctioned jackals who were always right behind us, stepped in.” Perkins “ fraternity of corporate, government, and banking heads whose goal is global empire” is certainly not representing the American people, but a cartel intent on a worldwide empire."

JOHN PERKINS: Basically what we were trained to do and what our job is to do is to build up the American empire. To bring – to create situations where as many resources as possible flow into this country, to our corporations, and our government, and in fact we’ve been very successful. We’ve built the largest empire in the history of the world. It's been done over the last 50 years since World War II with very little military might, actually. It's only in rare instances like Iraq where the military comes in as a last resort. This empire, unlike any other in the history of the world, has been built primarily through economic manipulation, through cheating, through fraud, through seducing people into our way of life, through the economic hit men. I was very much a part of that....

Q. How closely did you work with the World Bank?
JOHN PERKINS: Very, very closely with the World Bank. The World Bank provides most of the money that’s used by economic hit men, it and the I.M.F.
www.lewrockwell.com...
www.democracynow.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

Isn't that the truth!!!!! The only difference between humans today and humans 6000 yrs ago is that we have come up with more effective ways of killing each other. It's sick, imho.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
reply to post by Eye of Horus

Isn't that the truth!!!!! The only difference between humans today and humans 6000 yrs ago is that we have come up with more effective ways of killing each other. It's sick, imho.

Are you sure? I thought people exercised and ate healthy 6000 years. Also, they didn't watch TV 50 hrs a week.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NIGHTRID3R

Oh and by the way in canada people live in igloo's and we ride dog sleds

I KNEW IT!!!!!
And you're just waiting for the opportune time to Skate down here(wisconsin) and STEAL OUR CHEESE!!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kenochs

I don't think most people can judge by themselfs, or design their lifes, and their values, and concequently I don't think most people can do something with their education, whenever they got one.

There are not 5% nor 1% of open minded people - with the intelligence, and the logic.

How many people are racists ? All people who follow an ideology , 99% of the population ?
Psychological Research [5] increasingly suggests that ideologies reflect motivational processes, as opposed to the view that political convictions always reflect independent and unbiased thinking. Research in 2008[5] proposed that ideologies may function as prepackaged units of interpretation that spread because of basic human motives to understand the world, avoid existential threat, and maintain valued interpersonal relationships. The authors conclude that such motives may lead disproportionately to the adoption of system-justifying worldviews. Psychologists have generally found that personality traits, individual difference variables, needs, and ideological beliefs seem to have a common thread. For instance, a meta-analysis by Jost, Glaser, Kruglanski, and Sulloway in 2003 analyzed 88 studies from 12 countries, with over 22,000 subjects, and found that death anxiety, intolerance of ambiguity, lack of openness to experience, uncertainty avoidance, need for cognitive closure, need for personal structure, and threat of loss of position or self-esteem all contribute to the degree of one's overall political conservatism.[6] The researchers suggest that these results show that political conservatives stress resistance to change and are motivated by needs that are aimed at reducing threat and uncertainty. According to Robert Altemeyer and other researchers, individuals that are politically conservative tend to rank high on Right-Wing Authoritarianism, as measured by Altemeyer's RWA scale.[7] Psychologist Felicia Pratto and her colleagues have found evidence to support the idea that a high Social Dominance Orientation (SDO) is strongly correlated with conservative political views.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It's sad that most people will never hear of this. Or they'll just discredit it because the "good ole USA" would never do such a thing.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
good vid man. like to see more

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
i think herman goering sum it up quite well in the last part of the clip. what you have to do individually, is realize when the SHTF is about to happen in your country and move out. history has shown that the general populace are the ones that are hurt and killed the most. the ones that got out during the early 30's in germany were the smart ones, same as in vietnam in the late 50's, and i'm waiting for that tipping point in america. i don't want to be some dumbass statistic in a future history book, full of blown up homes in blown up cities. in the end...it's up to you to save your own ass.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I like how he weaves a complex conspiracy theory around loosely related and completely desperate events and then accuses others of doing the same for their own purposes

It's not about right and left, it's about the American psyche and the deluded view of reality many (most?) Americans hold today. It's a war of conspiratorial propaganda from both parties, both look equally ridiculous from the outside.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epitaph25
It's only after you get acquainted with the war crimes that our country has committed in the past century, that we can entertain the idea that it won't really be a big deal for them to kill 3000 of their own citizens.

Absolutely right. The evidence is now beyond conclusive that 9/11 was an inside job.

Our government would kill thousands of it's own citizens and millions of foreigners -- even a U.S. president (JFK) -- without giving it a second thought. Just a few days ago, the FBI finally released surveillance tapes of the Oklahoma City bombing that had been EDITED so people couldn't see the INTERNAL explosions. Every military and law enforcement agency at OKC that day reported that two additional powerful explosives devices were defused and removed from the Murrah Federal Building, but the government STILL talks about threats from "right-wing" or "home-grown extremists" like Timothy McVeigh.

When will people finally wake up?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

If this was the intended consequence of our foreign policy then many people belong in jail for international and domestic criminal activity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join