It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU MEPs WALK OUT On Czech President's Honesty

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
god i hope they hold out enough to give the british a chance of a referendum..

from my experience with czech court system, i'd say there is a good chance they will delay it long enough...

even if they didn't, there's still no (legal) way to force Klaus to sign the treaty, it's his call... and his mandate ends in March 2012, so let's hope he won't just give up

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MightyAl

I swear that politicians in Europe act like little children. They laugh and boo at speeches. We are supposed to be well mannered and i see no evidence of that here. These people are supposed to be adults, they lead our countries and design our lives via policy, yet they cover their ears and run off when they hear something they don't like.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The current UK Labour Government promised in their election maifesto to let the people of Britain vote on the Lisbon Treaty .... but of course we didnt get to vote because they know full well it would get a massive thumbs down.

You have to laugh at the Irish situation. They vote no, so the tptb get them to vote again. This time they get a yes. So even if people get a vote, if they should vote the wrong way all that happens is they keep asking the same question again and again until they get the answer they want.

Do you think any country that gives a Yes to this treaty would get a second vote just to check ?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ranswer

god i hope they hold out enough to give the british a chance of a referendum..

from my experience with czech court system, i'd say there is a good chance they will delay it long enough...

even if they didn't, there's still no (legal) way to force Klaus to sign the treaty, it's his call... and his mandate ends in March 2012, so let's hope he won't just give up

the tories in england have said about 5 minutes ago that if the treaty is not ratified by the time they get in that they WILL have a referendum..and that they are working with their partners in poland and the czech republic to make this possible.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Before I continue reading your post, what does tptb stand for? I see it often...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

Actually that's older news, and David Camerons - the tory leader - is already retreating from that promise.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MightyAl
reply to post by alienesque

Actually that's older news, and David Camerons - the tory leader - is already retreating from that promise.

nope...theres an interview on the radio right now..and the tory spokesperson has just said there will be a referendum if it hasnt already gone through by the time they get in..AND..that they are 'working with their polish and czech partners in this matter'..

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Didn't Hitler dream of a united Europe under his rule? Why else would Hitler try and take over all of Europe?

Let's hope a future EU leader is not a white supremacist who might feel those of other races are not superior and must be terminated.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The amazing thing to me is the lack of info on the EU on MSN.
I found it very difficult to find out how the EU works. I had to watch a short docu by the UKIP party to get the basics.

You would think that something this important would be examined in detail by the MSN. But if they did that a lot more people would realise we are signing up to a glorified dictatorship. I can sum it up in one sentance:

ALL the power in the EU is held by 23 APPIONTED, not elected positions, MEPS can do nothing without the approval of this group!

[edit on 5-10-2009 by DJOldskool]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MightyAl
reply to post by bigyin

Before I continue reading your post, what does tptb stand for? I see it often...

tptb = the powers that be

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJOldskool
The amazing thing to me is the lack of info on the EU on MSN.
I found it very difficult to find out how the EU works. I had to watch a short docu by the UKIP party to get the basics.

You would think that something this important would be examined in detail by the MSN. But if they did that a lot more people would realise we are signing up to a glorified dictatorship. I can sum it up in one sentance:

ALL the power in the EU is held by 23 APPIONTED, not elected positions, MEPS can do nothing without the approval of this group!

[edit on 5-10-2009 by DJOldskool]

This is simalar to what has occurred in the US. Appointed not elected neo/cons.
We used to say that there is something rotten in Denmark. (No offence to Denmark).
Does any one have an idea how Russia is reacting to all this EU business?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
i suggest everyone writes to the czech presidents office and tells him how important and how much appreciated what he is doing is for so many people..i just have.

www.hrad.cz...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I've heard from many people that the Czech president is a good man.

Cheers to the Czech President, and cheers to the Czechs!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have just flagged this thread and urge all other readers to do the same, it derserves much more attention than it appears to be getting so far!
Something I read on the yahoo news section was that 27 member countrys have to sign the treaty for it to go ahead, and only some of those countyrs actually got to vote... Now can anyone tell me besides Ireland which other countrys got a say in this thing? How many also voted no first time around would also be interesting! HeHe but seriously, I'm sure the majority of countrys involved would vote no if they got a chance, could that be the real reason why most countrys never got a referendem?
Good post and replies! Lets all demand a vote on this lisbon treaty and ask everyone we know to do the same

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Here's an interesting question. Does the Czech republic HAVE to follow what the EU says? Can't they simply say "F. U. EU the Czech republic will go on doing our own thing and you guys can stuff it"?

See, that's one thing I've never understood about these whole dealings. People talk, argue, fight over these bills, policies, laws, all of which have about as much value as the pieces of paper they're written on. Can't the people simply revolt in their own way by simply saying "Sorry, you're full of crap, and what you're asking me to obey is against my constitutional rights, and therefore, I shall not OBEY you nor be allowed to be incarcerated unless I've committed a REAL CRIME"

The way I see it, oh sure, the UN and EU can throw bills all day long if it behooves them. But they're pretty worthless unless the people willingly choose to follow these laws right?

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Hitemhard]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hitemhard
Here's an interesting question. Does the Czech republic HAVE to follow what the EU says? Can't they simply say "F. U. EU the Czech republic will go on doing our own thing and you guys can stuff it"?

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Hitemhard]

yes..the czech president can say that..and so far he has...but theres a meeting starting today...lets hope he doesnt get pressured into signing..

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

i suggest everyone writes to the czech presidents office and tells him how important and how much appreciated what he is doing is for so many people..i just have.

www.hrad.cz...

Finally a proactive non-whiny post.

We all sit in front of our screens complaining about the state of things but how many of us actually do anything about it. We need to get as many people as possible to let the czech president know that what he is doing is right and is supported by millions of people across Europe who never had a voice.

I also think we need to flood czech websites and media outlets with the NO opinion and explain to those members of the czech public what is at stake here so that the president gets some support at home.

Come on guys, one man is standing up and being counted lets let him know it is not in vain.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by MightyAl

I swear that politicians in Europe act like little children. They laugh and boo at speeches. We are supposed to be well mannered and i see no evidence of that here. These people are supposed to be adults, they lead our countries and design our lives via policy, yet they cover their ears and run off when they hear something they don't like.

Yep I have to agree,

But thank god it's not like the US system where no one will say boo to a goose (or say liar to a lying politician) and all you have to do to hamper legislation is say you are going to filibuster and all opposition disappears, so that you don't actually have to really filibuster. It's like Ford Prefect talking to the man from the council and saying can you pretend arthur dent is lying down in front of the JCB when he is actually in the pub having a pint.

The more anger and bad behaviour you see in a parliament the more you can be sure that not everyone has sold out.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
contact details for the Czech President. I dare you all to contact him!!!

The Office of the President of the Czech Republic

Prague Castle
119 08 Prague 1
Czech Republic
Phone: +420 224 371 111, +420 234 301 111, +420 726 211 111
Fax: +420 224 373 300
ICO 48136000

Or contact the Chancellor of the Office of the President.

PhD. Jiri Weigl, M. Sc., app. PhD.
Chancellor of the Office of the President
Phone: +420 224 372 201
Fax: +420 224 310 853
E-mail: [email protected]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join