It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU MEPs WALK OUT On Czech President's Honesty

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharps

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by MightyAl

I swear that politicians in Europe act like little children. They laugh and boo at speeches. We are supposed to be well mannered and i see no evidence of that here. These people are supposed to be adults, they lead our countries and design our lives via policy, yet they cover their ears and run off when they hear something they don't like.

Yep I have to agree,

But thank god it's not like the US system where no one will say boo to a goose (or say liar to a lying politician) and all you have to do to hamper legislation is say you are going to filibuster and all opposition disappears, so that you don't actually have to really filibuster. It's like Ford Prefect talking to the man from the council and saying can you pretend arthur dent is lying down in front of the JCB when he is actually in the pub having a pint.

The more anger and bad behaviour you see in a parliament the more you can be sure that not everyone has sold out.

I'm all for standing up to authority when it is wrong IMO.
But how do you explain Ireland and a swither-roo vote?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

During the last referendum the Irish economy was booming. Despite being part of the Euro the people were against their constitution being usurped by Brussels. Then came the very convenient 'Global Economic Meltdown' and Ireland began begging for help from Brussels as their economy crashed. Then what was originally the stick became the carrot and the people voted yes to save the economy and protect everyones current standard of living...at least thats my take on it.

Ps I've emailed a letter of support to the Office of The President of The Czech Republic. Who's with me?

EDIT To add the following link that may shed some light on the issue.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 7-10-2009 by sharps]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharps
reply to post by Donny 4 million

During the last referendum the Irish economy was booming. Despite being part of the Euro the people were against their constitution being usurped by Brussels. Then came the very convenient 'Global Economic Meltdown' and Ireland began begging for help from Brussels as their economy crashed. Then what was originally the stick became the carrot and the people voted yes to save the economy and protect everyones current standard of living...at least thats my take on it.

Ps I've emailed a letter of support to the Office of The President of The Czech Republic. Who's with me?

EDIT To add the following link that may shed some light on the issue.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 7-10-2009 by sharps]

hello

i too have written...a few days ago..lets hope it helps

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I fimnd it hilarious that so many people are willnig to side with people like the UKUIP, who have more in common with the Nazis, than many parties...

llets understand this right now...

The biggest opposition to the EEC comes from the right wing parties in Europe why?

Oh yes, because it stops them turning their own lil part of the Union into a sweat shop labour force with as little safety regulations as they possibly get away with..

So you support, the idea that you should have to buy a new plug for virtually every country you visit?

You thinks its the NWO that have made the death penalty illegal, throughout the EEC for all member states?

I'm not, for one minute, defending all the EEC policies, by any means. However, i do laugh when i see people, who one minute are labellings people fascists, quite happy to believe the crap those very same fascists spout when it suits them.

The fact is big business, hates the EEC has made all its member states adopt the same safety regulations. The British government actually had an opt out over the *goods guarantee*. You buy something in most EU states, it dies inside 3 years, you get a new one. Here in England you get offered hugely priced insurance policies to extend the warranty, past a year..

So yeah.. the EEC real demons aren't they?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

The contents of this video have nothing to do with the UKIP. They just happen to have posted the video on Youtube, but it is what you see. The Czech president speaks to the EU MEPs, and they walk away.

You don't need to be UKIP to show this kind of video. Anyone could have posted this video, as it shows a fact. There's no fabrication here.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by MightyAl]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

Sorry, I wasn't on ATS for the past few days. Thanks for the contact information for the Czech office. I will email them asap to show further support.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sharps

Ah so--- Thanks sharps
The EU and it's workings are still new to me.
It is the same attempt in the states --to move us to communism. That is if we are not already.
I see the roots in Marxism. Just follow it's path. Look at the background of the appointed not
so much the elected.
I have spent some quality time with Czech folks in Germany.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJOldskool
The amazing thing to me is the lack of info on the EU on MSN.
I found it very difficult to find out how the EU works. I had to watch a short docu by the UKIP party to get the basics.

You would think that something this important would be examined in detail by the MSN. But if they did that a lot more people would realise we are signing up to a glorified dictatorship. I can sum it up in one sentance:

ALL the power in the EU is held by 23 APPIONTED, not elected positions, MEPS can do nothing without the approval of this group!

[edit on 5-10-2009 by DJOldskool]

DJ
I would like to ask you to post the 23 appointed positions so we can check their backgrounds.
If you feel safe doing that.
I look at the situation in America as quite compatible.
Oh and by the way-- could you give me the full meaning of the initials UKUIP, UKIP, MSN and JCB.
Thanks donny
Ah and MEPS

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
i wrote to the czech presidents office and got very nice reply saying hed read my mail personally and wanted to thank me for my support..

i suggest everyone who wants to support him do the same..he is under enormous pressure at the moment...

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million

Originally posted by DJOldskool
The amazing thing to me is the lack of info on the EU on MSN.
I found it very difficult to find out how the EU works. I had to watch a short docu by the UKIP party to get the basics.

You would think that something this important would be examined in detail by the MSN. But if they did that a lot more people would realise we are signing up to a glorified dictatorship. I can sum it up in one sentance:

ALL the power in the EU is held by 23 APPIONTED, not elected positions, MEPS can do nothing without the approval of this group!

[edit on 5-10-2009 by DJOldskool]

DJ
I would like to ask you to post the 23 appointed positions so we can check their backgrounds.
If you feel safe doing that.
I look at the situation in America as quite compatible.
Oh and by the way-- could you give me the full meaning of the initials UKUIP, UKIP, MSN and JCB.
Thanks donny
Ah and MEPS

I could not find the list with a google search but do not have much time.
I did find out it is now 27 members of the commission or executive branch.

Edit: this site may help:
www.ena.lu...
[edit on 12-10-2009 by DJOldskool]

[edit on 12-10-2009 by DJOldskool]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join