It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[TTSSC] 128 Spells

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
1927 Saqqara Egypt

David Percival swore under his breath in Arabic about someones mother after hitting his head on the low stone cross beam in entrance way to the the Pyramid of Anas. Though small and crumbling, it had a special place in Egypts past as for the first time he had uncovered the 128 magical spells of the Pyramid Texts. The pyramid was once called "Beautiful are the Places of Anas", but today to David and his workers toiling in the hot Egyptian sun it was little more then a pile of rubble sitting serenely and quietly in the shade of the famous Step Pyramid of Djoser. He had worked here for the last 3 years uncovering layer by layer the old kings mortuary site.

Along the rubble of what was once the adjoining crooked causeway of Anas' temple complex, the local children of the diggers played in the morning sun, their Galibyah's flapping in the hot desert breeze. David looked up at them and saw the little girl aged about 7 who never played with the other children, but would instead sit and watch the diggers toil and sing. She smiled at him and raised her little hand that held a lotus blossom in a graceful wave. David smiled and beckoned her over. His head hurt and he needed a break a moment from the sand that penetrated his every crevice. She slid down off the large stone she was sitting on and walked up to him.

"Merhaba little one"

She looked up at him from under her thick black fringe and smiled.

"What is your name?" He asked in Arabic. She continued to smile, but did not answer him.

He pointed with his thumb to his chest and said "Mr Percival"

She smiled and whispered "Udit" so quietly that David wasn't sure if he heard just a breeze or her voice.

She turned and walked up a little way up the causeway to look at a bas relief adorned with men hunting for lions, leopards and giraffes. She looked up at David who had joined her and imitated throwing a spear and then mimicked casting a net into the river to fish. She spun around giggling and clapped her hands with glee.

David smiled remembering his own daughter roughly the same age back in Cornwall and realised how much he missed his family. To the Arabs, family meant more than anything, they found it odd he would leave his own for years at a time. As he reflected on home, the little Arab girl Udit skipped over the rubble to the North end of the causeway that they had not yet excavated. He followed her and she pointed to the ground from which peeked a stone block. She looked back at him, smiled and placed her hands over her chest and closed her eyes imitating the position ancient Egyptians were buried in. As she stood there in a death pose for a few moments David almost felt the sun stop beating. She flung her eyes open, clapped her hands again giggling, then skipped off back to the other children who played 'mummy' trying to catch one another, ducking and weaving around pillars to try and evade the risen dead.

He looked down and kicked around the stone block peaking out, sighed and headed back to work on the kings pyramid. He was frustrated that he would never fully uncover all the parts of this royal mortuary site. Every time he thought he was close they would stumble across another aspect to it. Currently they were finishing the chamber where the sacred Opening of the Mouth ceremony took place. He made a mental note to work on the semi exposed slab when time permitted.

!931

David Percival's excavation had moved to the north end of the causeway where they had found a mastaba of a royal family member of the King under the protroding stone block he saw years ago with the little girl. The first chamber was adorned with conventional Old Kingdom depictions of men in boats fishing with dip-nets and other scenes of daily local life. David was crammed, hot, cranky and wandering why he worked in this forgotten place for so long. He personally cleared the millennia of sand in the chapel chamber till he got to the entrance way to the royal burial chamber. The tomb had been raided by ancient thieves long ago and he expected no treasure to be found. They cleared the final debris and entered the tiny chamber. The ceiling was covered in Lapis Lazuli stars, the door entrance way told them they were entering the burial chamber of the kings daughter. The princess was carved into the doorway standing holding a lotus blossom to her nose.

Omar his lead digger joined him to admire the stunning image, without taking his eyes off her he asked.

"Who was she, do we have a name?

David turned and walked to the granite sarcophagus.

"Her name has been lost to time on the outer chambers, hopefully the sarcophagus tells us"

He ran his finger over the hieroglyphic carvings which to his delight also had the 128 magic spells of the pyramid texts.

"The spells again! only the 2nd time we have found them anywhere in all of Egypt, she was truly special. Lets see who you are"

He repeated the spells out loud row by row. He briefly looked up, wiped the sweat dripping into his eyes from the acrid humidity in the cramped chamber. Returning to study the glyphs he found her name.

"Udit, Princess Udit"

David stood up and faced Omar "Like the little girl of one of the men, there is a Udit if I remember, in fact she showed me this tomb entry a few years ago"

Omar furrowed his brow, then scratched his beard "There is no child with this name. This name is not Arabic, it is of the ancients names"

A wind blew in, and with it the soft gleeful sounds of a girl giggling and clapping her hands.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c7f87fd81f1.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 4-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

That was really cool zazzafrazz! Little Udit was actually the Princess then? Visiting the workers who were uncovering the site. A great story and a great twist my friend. I loved it.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
"for a few moments David almost felt the sun stop beating".

Just when I thought all the good stories were in.....

This is a wonderful story. Beautifully written, and I loved the twist.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
THat is really cool. nice.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Zazzy, Caitlinfae spoke perfectly of you...
ya sparkle hon.
Great story.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Awesome story.
Where did you find this? Are there more?

[edit on 4-10-2009 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Nice story, interesting name.

Udit is an ancient sanskrit name, with special reference to the Sun.

Udit means one who has arisen, ascended, used today for boys names. For girls, the name would be Udita.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
[edit on 10/4/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Nice story Zazz, I really enjoyed it! Good job!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Charismagic

Thanks, the princess name and complex are real, though I did alter the Kings name from Unas as I thought it was a bit too close to his daughter Udit and would give away the twist. Otherwise in terms of other 'facts' much much much nonesence is added to make it fun.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Thanks all, My first story on ATS. I had reading and writing difficulties as a kid that I kinda overcame myself without teachers. Also English is my second language, so I have always been incredibly nervous about sharing creative writing. The encouragment is great, thanks gang

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i just wonder how many of the spells of ancient egypt actually activate something. I'm sure its quite a few but i want to find out more.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by guidanceofthe third kind

The ancient 128 spells at this pyramid are true. But they arent really about activiting the ghost of a little princess

They are interesting though as they appear in the archaeological record kinda fully formed. Later they became separate 'books' the most famous being the Book of the Dead. We have Brendan Fraser and the Mummy franchise to thank for its modern day fame

This collection forms the basis of much of the later religious theology and literature of ancient Egypt. The passages were eventually separated and categorized, as well as illustrated and eventually evolved into the Book of the Dead, or more properly, "The Book of the Coming forth by Day". The oldest of these text come from that Pyramid of Wenis, or more popularly these days, Unas at Saqqara.

The fact that the texts are made up of distinct utterances which do not have a strict narrative sequence linking them together has led scholars to believe that many of them were not composed specifically for the purpose of being inscribed in the pyramids but may have had earlier uses. In fact, spells such as Utterances 273-4, called the Cannibal Hymn, and which only appears in the Pyramids of Unas and Teti, refer to aspects of the funerary cult that seem to no longer been in practice at the time the pyramids were built. Early analysts attempted to date the text as early as possible; even from the predynastic period. A very early dating of these texts remains a strong possibility, though today, scholars place the text's origins with the date of the monuments where they reside. In reality, we have very little idea of the date of their initial invention, perhaps other than the antiquated language employed.

more info on the spells here
touregypt.net...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I had a very similiar experience to this.

When i was about 17, we kids hung out at a little general store that was near Lake Ray Hubbard. Hamburgers, bait, sandwich's, corner store stuff.

On the road past Gov. Clements house, the trees over hung the narrow road like a cavern at night. Old Oaks, Pecans, and Cottonwoods-beautiful even now.

One of the "pack" came back to the store with a story of a little girl in the middle of the road that disappeared. He got out to look but found nobody there. I got curious and asked if anyone knew of any cemetary's nearby. They didnt. That night, one of the more clairovoyant of use had a dream about the little girl. She identified herself as "Jennifer Anne". She said that we wouldn't find her grave. The next day we "went a huntin".

Well, we found one alright. Fairly old one. Most from the Dahn family from the mid to late 1800's and a few 1900's. It was off in a bramble patch and totally forgotten (fisherman have probably passed it for years and never knew it). We uprighted as many stones as we could. Cleared it out a bit. Many babies that died young and some kids and the rest were adults. We guess it was a small pox outbreak that wiped the family out. Jennifer, true to her word, wasnt found.

We found out later that someone we knew had stolen a headstone as a "hey this is neat" thing. Lets just say he was "encouraged" to return it.

We hung out at the site for a few weeks and then stopped. She was forgotten for the most part for a while.

I went to visit with a female cousin of mine that lived not too far away. Later that night, she said that she had a phone call from one of my girlfriends. I found this odd because first, i wasnt dating at the moment and second, why would they call her?

My cousin said, "yeah, some girl called to say thanks". I said ok. Who was it?

Jennifer Anne.

My cousin had no information about anything and knew none of my friends. I guess she was at peace.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Yikes that is an ace story!!!!
Copy and paste it here if you can!!! Its my favourite scary real story so far for that thread!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Awesome Story Girlfriend!!

Great - I could envision the whole scene and even felt the heat - you wrote it excellent!

S and F

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Wow! Fantastic! I loved It!!!

edit to add; For a first story contribution this is Amazing, Execellent!
S & F.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Q A and Catalyst, thank you again. I read the stories here on ATS and really enjoy them all.My little ditty I do hope gets covered over my the sands of times soon enough.
!ol!
Zazz

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO
Awesome story.
Where did you find this? Are there more?

[edit on 4-10-2009 by MurrayTORONTO]

Missed this post....um its made up, but the princess is real to history as are the stele the tombs and cause way etc.

I may write a another Mr Percy story, but alas, sequals are always awful...anyway say Rocky 4?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join