It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 25 Censored Stories for 2010

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Seriously, this thread is completely pathetic. Could we get a mechanism to unflag or black flag a piece of propaganda garbage like this.

US Congress Sells Out to Wall Street

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT exactly is new about this. Republicans sold the whole country to wall street when they took over congress in 1995.

Here is a clue, K street, home of the lobbyists, has been suffering ever since demos took over congress. If anything the public has gained back more control over congress since the demos have taken over.

Heck looks like yet again another repub senator has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

I hope Palin wins the GOP primary in 2012.

Perhaps we could get a mechanism to black list certain members??

Dont be a sucker and fall for the Repub/Dem false dichotomy...there is more to reality than ''repubs'' and ''demos''....

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What about the story how Obama is an anti-christ? People need to cover that story more. I would.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Poof

[edit on 4-10-2009 by TSer78]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I question their reasoning for their choices.

Common sense ... the top 25 most censored stories for 2010 should read like this ...
1 - Obama ______
2 - Obama ______
3 - Obama ______
etc.

The press isn't covering anything truthfully about him.
His entire reign (and yes, i do mean reign) is one big consipracy.

11. Private Corporations Profit from the Occupation of Palestine

Oy.
No bias on that, is there?
How about - 11. Royal House of Saud appeases terrorist wahabbis with $$$ in order to be the last to be bit by the croc? They are the major financiers of terrorism in the middle east.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's sad that this could easily be true.

Hopefully TPTB decided to be honest for a change.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I already see these on faux news.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
it's true, i read about the somali pirates being motivated by allies of the United States (Italy) dumping toxic waste off the coast, destroying massive amounts of marine life which in turn devastates their fishing economy

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Nice thread. But I don't get why it says 2010. I'd like to say something about #2 (the schools being more segregated.

I grew up in the suburbs of Cleveland and their school district is horrible, and mostly black. While my school was good (supposedly) and you could count the black kids on two hands. But its not really segregation, its just the machine hat we live in.

Cleveland used to be a great city in the first half of the 20th century but it couldn't keep up with the post-industrial world (The steel mill shutting down) and the rich people (mostly white) moved out of the city to commute. So who was left? People who couldn't afford to get out of the city (mostly black). This is a carbon copy (kind of) of what happened around the country, but bigger cities have certain neighborhoods instead of suburbs 20 miles away.

People couldn't get jobs because of their race, can't afford private schools and just fell into "city life" for the next 50-60 years. And here we are today, gangs are everywhere, kids skip school, teachers in those districts are few (who would want to teach in a dangerous area when you read about kids assaulting teachers?). This is all off the top of my head, but its the way I see it:

Its not segregation, its the inability to change or circumstances that mold people into slots that, for the most part, is where they'll stay. Its really quite interesting how the affects of slavery are still so prevalent in our society today.

In fact, if you really think about it, its completely and utterly unacceptable

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
As a fairly active ATS member - nothing on the list surprised me - I knew almost 90% of the stories already, in great detail - I was also aware of the site, but rarely go there.

The only two stories I actually read were "Europe blocks toxic US imports" and 'Ecuador Declares Foreign Debt Illegitimate' - very good news for Ecuador - and gives hope to other third world nations that have been the victims of predatory lending by the IMF and World Bank.

If the average American ran into such a site, I can imagine they would be shocked and surprised - and probably discount all of it.

It would be nice if the average person could share my response - it would mean an informed public - and I can't imagine that the apathy could continue.

I also read news from the following site; www.informationclearinghouse.info... which I recommend.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

A lot of leftist garbage,I don't pay much attention to that website.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr

A lot of leftist garbage,I don't pay much attention to that website.

I understand that a lot of the garbage is coming from Italy; at least the toxic stuff. So are they the "leftists" you are talking about?

To take your "left - right" way of thinking a step further, then its the "rightists" who advocate dumping toxic pollution in other people's waters, encourage the use of toxic ingredients in household products -- probably just for the fun of it.

I don't think any of these issues have anything to do with left or right, more like wrong or right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join