It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 25 Censored Stories for 2010

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+59 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Top 25 Censored Stories for 2010

www.projectcensored.org

Top Censored Stories of 2009/2010

■1. US Congress Sells Out to Wall Street
■2. US Schools are More Segregated Today than in the 1950s
■3. Toxic Waste Behind Somali Pirates
■4. Nuclear Waste Pools in North Carolina
■5. Europe Blocks US Toxic Products
■6. Lobbyists Buy Congress
■7. Obama’s Military Appointments Have Corrupt Past
■8. Bailed out Banks and America’s Wealthiest Cheat IRS Out of Billions
■9. US Arms Used for War Crimes in Gaza
■10. Ecuador Declares Foreign Debt Illegitimate
■11. Private Corporations Profit from the Occupation of Palestine
■12
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Oh boy, Project censored has released its latest bombshells you certainly will NEVER see in the corporate owned puppet media outlets, posing as "news"...

Make sure you check each of these stories out, and try to pass them on to anyone willing to listen or interested in waking up from the matrix of propaganda, brainwashing and lies filtered down from the elite planetary-slavery perpetuators running things...Folks are slowly awakening to the manipulation, but the more aware, the better chance we have of steering this endless manipulation in a different direction.

www.projectcensored.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-10-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Im so PROUD of you DD....first star & flag from me.

You do such a great job of bringing things hidden out into the light....

Since this is dated 2010......are they guessing at these unseen headliners??

[edit on 2-10-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Interesting read, thanks for bringing them to light.
I'll have to research these topics individually.

That's part of what makes ATS so unique. We all learn something, and have the opportunity to research it on our own and discuss our conclusions.

Star and Flag!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This one was worth logging in for. S + F

I wonder if any of these independent agencies ever take off... and if they how long before they are controlled by a large corp.

Until then though, good stuff

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If your not reading Project Censored you have no idea what's going on. Makes the MSM look like the pompous, blow dried shills that they are. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Project Censored Rocks!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
All the stories are 2009 stories so i think the 2010 thing is a typo.

Also good find, I found them interesting.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

all of these are equally appalling, but the fact that i live 59 miles and an hour away from #4 is "hitting a little too close to home"...

...The Department of Homeland Security has marked Shearon Harris as one of the most vulnerable terrorist targets in the nation.

The threat exists, however, without the speculation of terrorist attack. Should the cooling system malfunction, the resulting fire would be virtually unquenchable and could trigger a nuclear meltdown, putting more than two hundred million residents of this rapidly growing section of North Carolina in extreme peril. A recent study by Brookhaven Labs estimates that a pool fire could cause 140,000 cancers, contaminate thousands of square miles of land, and cause over $500 billion in off-site property damage.

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has estimated that there is a 1:100 chance of pool fire happening under the best of scenarios. And the dossier on the Shearon Harris plant is far from the best.

In 1999 the plant experienced four emergency shutdowns. A few months later, in April 2000, the plant’s safety monitoring system, designed to provide early warning of a serious emergency, failed. And it wasn’t the first time. Indeed, the emergency warning system at Shearon Harris has failed fifteen times since the plant opened in 1987.

www.projectcensored.org...

fantastic.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
thank you for this thread OP.
#6 scares me the most.

thank you , thank you, thank you.
-zoo

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Lots of crap in there too to not say everything.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

two hundred million? Last I checked we were just a shade over three hundred million in the US alone. I wonder if this is just a typo. Either way, scary stuff indeed.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Starred and flagged. i'm so depressed now - that was 10 years worth of scandal! Read up on the Trilaterals in the cabinet, this ain't no Republic anymore! Gonna go shoot myself now
it was seriously depressing to read all of those.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
One of the things this thread will get a lot of heavily censored news items that did not make your list.

Here is one

Baxter Lab contaminates 72 Kilos of seasonal influenza vaccine with LIVE avian flues H5N1 & H3N2 and distributes to 11 countries for the purpose of creating a pandemic

Another

Pandemic of 1918-19 caused by vaccination program refutes hype over swine flu threat

Another

Program to forcibly vaccinate and chip citizens continues, refusers to be interned in camps probably to disappear as in Argentina

200 Microbiologists disappear or die under suspicious circumstances

DHS randomly arresting individuals and charging them with intent to commit conspiracy in order to fill "terrorist" quota.

Vaccines cause autism in children and that vaccines have never been proven effective and have never been proven safe. Probably because they are not effective and they are not safe.

DHS moving to corral citizens and demote them to cattle status. As evidenced by barricades being constructed at roads leading in and out of town.

FOUR NAVY SHIPS QUARANTINEED/EXPERIMENTAL VACCINE Navy seamen used as guinea pigs, captain & chief petty officer killed http://(link tracking not allowed)/5txPo because of Navy contract with Vical Inc to promote their vaccine
www.reuters.com...

Jane Burgermeister charges Obama and others with Conspiracy to commit genocide of the American people.

The news media has blocked out a lot of things the American people should be hearing about that don't make your list.

In this highly censored age, there are a lot of things that didn't make your list

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
don't forget...

At G20, troops fire on its own citizens...

that's even censored here

civil liberties violated...

first shot fired...

Its civil war in the making...

Never forget that day!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I woke up from the sheep herd when i first saw Zeitgiest and this site last year. Im glad to have you guys expose the phonies and their propaganda. $&F for keepin t real!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

I lived in Chapel Hill,NC for 22 years and just moved a year ago to CO.I remember when they wanted to open Shearon Harris and lots of folks protested it.I had just moved there,and now,20+ years later,we are seeing all this come out.Or,as the OP pointed out,we are NOT seeing it come out!!I no longer live there,but my mom,dad,and brother do and I am very concerned about what would happen to them if all goes south at this plant.Reminds me of going to see the movie "The China Syndrome" when I was younger.It HORRIFIED me--and now this time bomb is a tragedy of catastrophic proportions just waiting to happen--heck........BEGGING to happen!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Seriously, this thread is completely pathetic. Could we get a mechanism to unflag or black flag a piece of propaganda garbage like this.

US Congress Sells Out to Wall Street

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT exactly is new about this. Republicans sold the whole country to wall street when they took over congress in 1995.

Here is a clue, K street, home of the lobbyists, has been suffering ever since demos took over congress. If anything the public has gained back more control over congress since the demos have taken over.

Heck looks like yet again another repub senator has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

I hope Palin wins the GOP primary in 2012.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What a great website, I seeing more and more independent news sources. The more the better. I mean think about it, in the US alone we have the 5 main news broadcasting channels, CNN, NBC, ABC, CNBC, FOX, and now the independent news site are popping up more and more everyday (not saying this is a new website just talking generally) we have more of a chance of people seeing the actual truth rather than the bulls*it that is shown to the public on tv.

If only someone could financially back an independent news source and get them a spot on television, ahh that's never going to happen though
I wish it would though, since a large amount of the population likes to believe that anything they see on the television is true...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
GREAT OP DD!

As usual, you bring us the quality goods!

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
you are always a great contributor,star and a flag from me too

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join