It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Says 911 Tape Caught Cops Planning Cover-Up After Shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Cops shoot homeowner who called 911 in the back six times

www.courthousenews.com

PHOENIX (CN) - A homeowner says a Phoenix police officer shot him six times in the back during a 911 home-invasion call, and the 911 tape recorded the officer's partner saying, "That's all right. Don't worry about it. I got your back. ... We clear?" The family says the officers were not aware that the 911 call was still recording as they spoke about covering up the shooting.
Officer Brian Lilly shot Anthony six times in the back while he was still on the phone with the 911 operator -
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.courthousenews.com

mod edit, to reflect actual title of news story

[edit on 2-10-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well Joe Arpaio's crew does it again.
Who should you be more afraid of, the criminals doing the home invasion on you or the incompetent police that are sent to your rescue? It is insanity to think that you would have the intruder at gun point and be on the phone talking with the 911 operator and have the cop shoot you in the back multiple times and to more time when you are on the ground for good measure. You have to read the whole article it just gets worse much worse. Unknowing to the "idiot" cop that the line was still open to 911, he is planning his cover up. Goes to show how common place it is for Sheriff Joe's crew to cover up there screw up!

www.courthousenews.com

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Wow! That's all I can say is "Wow!"

Okay, but I need a second line...

I like to think that not all LEOs are bad, and it's just a few bad apples...but why is it every time an LEO is unwittingly being recorded or videotaped they turn out this way? Makes you begin to think that it's not a few bad apples, but a few bad trees.

Maybe you are better off taking your chances with the Home Intruder than calling the Police. Get a dog and a gun and take your chances with the Intruder, that's what a gambling man would do.

And from what I've read of how Joe Arpaio conducts business, all I can say is that I'm glad I don't live anywhere near Arizona!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Too bad we can't give out the death penalty w/o a murder taking place....although it sounds like these officers tried to murder justice. It's stories like this that would keep me from calling the po-po and take justice into my own hands.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Chalk another one up for the LEOs.
How many times does something like this have to happen before people wake up to the fact that we are living in an increasingly obvious Police State?

Cops seem to act with little to know impunity when they screw up.
Not saying that this cop was a bad cop, just that the system is such that when he makes a critical error, his automated response is to cover his tracks.
That is disgusting.

No integrity.

It is amazing. We had a case here in Arkansas a few months back where a crooked cop in a small town shot the FIRE CHIEF IN COURT. The fire chief was pleading a case on behalf of his son and he was shot in court.
The reason I bring it up is because I tried to investigate this myself over the phone and I was stonewalled.
The judge resigned his seat and they just decided to zip their lips over it. I still don't know what is happening with that case, although admitedly I did just sorta give up on it when I became infuriated with the run-around.

Anyhow, what a disgusting display. I believe the man should have just shot the burglar. Of course, I'm sure he agrees in retrospect.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Then Tony made what he believed was a dying request to the officers; he did not want his young family to see him shot and bloodied. Officers callously ignored his request and painfully dragged Tony by his injured leg, through the home and out to his backyard patio, where they left him bloodied and shot right in front of Lesley, Matthew and Zachary."

The Arambulas say the officers later dragged Anthony onto gravel, then put him on top of the hot hood of a squad car, and "drove the squad car down the street with Tony lying on top, writing in pain."

It's one of those things too crazy to be real but in light of the audio evidence, I wouldn't be surprised.

That's just SAD.

The odd part is, the police often get away with the most negligent of errors. Why on earth would they feel the need to engage in a cover up?

I'm not anti-police but it does discourage me how often they get a free pass when they commit errors that result in harm to civilians. Because of their many free passes, it would seem all they had to say was 'Oops. Sorry.'

On the other hand, maybe this has a silver lining. Because they were corrupt and tried to engage in a cover up where they were caught red handed, they may actually face consequences for their incompetence.

Reading the article, they also got busted claiming the homeowner threatened them by pointing his weapon at them when the truth was the homeowner had his back to them.

Lilly later told a police internal affairs investigator that Anthony had pointed his gun in his direction, "in the 'ready' position," the complaint states. But Anthony Arambula says he was facing away from the officers, who could not have even seen his gun.

Talk about a SNAFU.

[edit on 10/2/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I monitor our local Sheriff's and EMS frequencies and running in the background on a scanner at night (Florida). I used to record it, but after getting a recording of the Ambulance dispatch to the death oif a friend of mines wife... I don't tend to do that anymore... just too weird.

Last night, there was a home invasion.. it seems like there are about 3 or 4 a week here. I have to admit that I was impressed by the response time. The caller had locked herself in her closet with her cell phone and dispatch was coordination with the caller where the Deputy should meet here at. While this was going on, they apprehended the three males getting into a car in the front of the house. No one was shot... but the timely response pleased me.

At least they get it right... sometimes.

Meanwhile, Foley Alabama has cleared their police officer who traveled 45+ miles out of state in order to get into a spat with a local resident he has had issues with in the past... and subsequently shot and killed at a local bar.

I'm still not seeing the logic of that.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Tick

To Tick and fraterormus:

Uh, this isn't MCSO, this is Phoenix PD. Nothing to do with Sheriff Joe Arpaio, but hey, any chance to bash a LEO is welcome, right?

Now that I've hopefully removed your heads from your respective rectums, let us discuss the facts of the matter:

A cop fired without cause and then his superior proceeded to cover up their mistake. His partner didn't stop this and is guilty of the cover up as well. The lies are criminal, the shooting is criminal, and the treatment of the homeowner post-shooting is criminal. Therefore the conclusion that we must draw is: They're a bunch of criminals.

Solution: Punt them all off the force. Make them face charges in court. Put them in Gen Pop in Florence. Additionally, there needs to be an immediate review of all previous cases that they have handled, with priority placed on any incidents where allegations were made against the officers involved.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by digger2381

You beat me to this. Uncle Joe is a sheriff, not part of the Phoenix PD. Sheriff Joe is tough, and he believes in punishing folks, so they don't want to ever visit him again, but place this blame where it belongs. Don't just take this as a chance to bash Sheriff Joe. He's doing a difficult job, successfully, and upholding his oath and the laws he is entrusted to enforce. He's also quite creative in providing opportunities for finding value in oneself while a guest of his hotel, and for finding ways to fund his department, amid ever dwindling government funded support.

Sheriff Joe rocks! I'd like more sheriffs like him around.

As for the Phoenix cops, I sure hope they don't let this ride, nor the courts let this senseless shooting go unpunished.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thanks for setting them straight. Sheriff Joe should be an inspiration to every police chief and sheriff out there.

A police department is in a city, a sheriff's department is in a county. In rare cases, a county may also maintain a county police department in addition to a county sheriff's department but they are rare outside of the Northeastern US. In such cases the county police department does the police work while the county sheriff's department runs the jail, prisoner transport, courthouse security, civil process, warrants, evictions, etc ... sheriff's deputies however almost always retain police officer status in such cases and thus can still make arrests, issue traffic tickets, etc. Some major cities (ex. Denver, San Francisco, Baltimore, and New York City) also have a city sheriff's department.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by ChrisF231]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Tick

For anyone who is not paying very close attention there has been a recent rather large influx of the Law Enforcement oriented conspiracies, where various different branches are getting caught left and right for crimes they are committing while on the job.

If you ask me it sure is reminiscent of the Star Wars themed Great Jedi Purge.

This is the dreaded "Order 66" where Emperor Palpatine orders the Jedi slain.

I am of course utilizing this as a metaphor of course, because of the rise of these particular stories caught my attention immediately, and them being caught would be a metaphor for being "slain" by getting caught.

I am of course speaking in term of years here not just in the last few months.

There has been a pattern, if you will, a disturbance, in the force.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Too bad we can't give out the death penalty w/o a murder taking place....although it sounds like these officers tried to murder justice. It's stories like this that would keep me from calling the po-po and take justice into my own hands.

Just my 2-cents

The over abundance of these police crimes and virtually zero justice ensures that eventually people will start going for payback. We should not be surprised when a victim or their survivors eventually removes the head of a police offender and leaves it in public on a pike.

The way to stop these police crimes is to fit every single police officer with tamper-proof micro cameras and a portable DVR. These on-duty video records should be made available to the public.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Typical police behavior, nothing to see here.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_TickWell Joe Arpaio's crew does it again.
Goes to show how common place it is for Sheriff Joe's crew to cover up there screw up!

www.courthousenews.com

Duh...when did Joe start running the Phoenix Police Dept????

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What's the shock all about? If people still can't figure out that law enforcement murdered and tortured some famous religious figure called Christ, continued to burn innocent ladies at a stake in witch hunts and continue to be the biggest criminals against humanity to this day, let it ride.

Let them continue to rape, murder and assault with impunity. Let them continue to frame people and harrass anyone they don't like. Let them continue to work with the media in suppressing truth and broadcasting their lies and deciet. Bottom line, they, with the prosecutors, judges, correction guards, social workers and other authority minded idiots are as evil as any murderer or rapist.

Just remember their tactics however. They come in numbers at you in the night while you least expect it. They come with weapons and protective gear. Then they get off work and have no buddies, weapons and protective gear. You can get them the same way they get you.

Do it in the night, leave no evidences, and enjoy a nice warm meal when you are done establishing true justice. Never leave justice to a courthouse where the real criminals operate to protect each other. Keep it out of the court room and play the same game under the same rules, ANONYMITY!

Just a romantic little suggestion. Everything would sure change if they started fearing the community the way they intimidate the innocent people by themselves. Think on that!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I am wondering why they didn't call911. Why did they put him on the hood and not in the car, especially if they were going to lie anyway. Had they not been in error, surely standard procedure is to call 911.

Had they gotten away with the lie, I doubt they could have gotten away with the bizarre treatment.

Interesting and disturbing story.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by praxis

That is counter-productive to whomever it is that is orchestrating the police state.

New law says you can't carry a concealed weapon into church. One may ask "why would you want to carry a concealed weapon into church?"
The answer is, because it is my goddamned right!

Do you think that if a criminal was determined to go into a church and shoot someone that they would just ignore the law? You're damned right they would.

Seems off topic, but it isn't. They are setting up a system that benefits the criminals from the top to the bottom. Why?
So they can crack down hard when things get "out of control".

The crackdown, while it comes very slowly in little steps, achieves the same result. A police state. 1984 scenario.

1984 is inevitable in our current system. We're just behind schedule. But we'll get there, make no mistake.

So, back to the point. You will NEVER see cameras on cops. In fact, you'll see just the opposite.
As more and more things like this happen, you will see them pass legislation BANNING *your* right to film the police, not forcing them to record their every move.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hell, anyone ever check out the names Ghandi, Mandela and Martin Luther King? Check out which maniacs charged, imprisoned and terrorized three of the worlds most famous spirtual leaders. Cops! Judges! Guards!

Get the point people. They are the seed of evil, and if there was a Satan, these types would be his children. Better start fighting back before the new Gestapo comes to life. Better realize that the terrors inflicted for the last few decades offshore on other lands by our own people are now karmatically coming back onshore to terrorize their own. Fight or suffer the consequences in vain. Your choice!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

They put him on the hood because the plan was to make it look like he pointed his weapon at them.

Absolutely foolish notion considering this guy was WAITING ON THEM FOR HELP.

They screwed up and in a haste tried to cover it up. In their haste, they made horrendously poor judgement calls.

Kinda' like the BART murder a while back. Why didn't the other cops arrest the cop that killed that guy in cold blood? They just stood their and scratched their heads... Then they decided to confiscate videos from multiple witnesses. Once again, stupid, stupid cops.

Of course, if you were in their position, you probably would have made dumb decisions too. That is, if you were intending to cover your tracks.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PAYBACKCOMESSOON

When people are ready to do something about it, they will. And you will know when that is without having to orchestrate the effort online.
Word to the wise: Don't publish your revolution plans on the internet.

But I agree. Since biblical times the great evil spoken of has always been the Government. Not some demon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join